We Do Sell Our Cards

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

We Do Sell Our Cards

Charlotte Lindmeier
We had a several responses shared this week. Thanks to those who shared with the rest of us.
Our winner this week was We had a several responses shared this week. Thanks to those who shared with the rest of us. Our winner this week was Barbara Rathmell. You won 1 FREE week of SUDSOL.

Our question this week was:
Do you sell your cards?  If you do tell us how you do it. Do you sell as sets or singles?  Do you sell at craft fairs, to friends, at a local business etc.?  What price do you charge for your cards?  
Yes, I sell my cards at crafts fairs $3.00 each or 2 for $5.00, to friends ( depends on the card).
I used to sell at craft fairs, $3 each or 2 for $5. Now selling just to customers, some to seniors.  Senior pricing $2 ea or 10 for $18
Right now I am selling individual cards at a craft fair that is happening one Sunday a month through October.  Most of my cards are $3 each or $5 for $12; these cards are rather simple with one or two embellishments.  I also sell cards that are more complex for $4, occasionally I have one for sale at $5 - it is extra-fancy.
I am also selling boxes of 5 note cards for $10, and am planning to sell boxes of 5 regular-sized greeting cards (all of the same design) for $15; these cards have some nice embellishments.
I sell my cards for $3.00 or 4 for $10.00 unless they are a more detailed/special fold card.  Then I will sell them for $4.00 or $5.00.  
I sell my cards to neighbors, friends, etc… I usually have a “studio sale” out of my garage once or twice  a year.  Simple cards are $6 each, up to $12 for multiple layer, special folds, etc.
All customers continue to say hand crafted cards are special and beautiful and they would rather buy for $6-$10 from me than spend the same, or more at Target, etc.  
value all you do!
Darby, It's great to read that you charge what your cards are worth and that people are ready and willing to support your effort.  My husband is always saying to me that "that's an $8 or $9 or $10 card if you bought it at a store."  I think too many demos under value their work and price their cards too low.  I get no objections for $4, $5 or $6 prices on my cards and more for a really technical offering.  

Our question this week was:
Do you sell your cards?  If you do tell us how you do it. Do you sell as sets or singles?  Do you sell at craft fairs, to friends, at a local business etc.?  What price do you charge for your cards?  
Yes, I sell my cards at crafts fairs $3.00 each or 2 for $5.00, to friends ( depends on the card).
I used to sell at craft fairs, $3 each or 2 for $5. Now selling just to customers, some to seniors.  Senior pricing $2 ea or 10 for $18
Right now I am selling individual cards at a craft fair that is happening one Sunday a month through October.  Most of my cards are $3 each or $5 for $12; these cards are rather simple with one or two embellishments.  I also sell cards that are more complex for $4, occasionally I have one for sale at $5 - it is extra-fancy.
I am also selling boxes of 5 note cards for $10, and am planning to sell boxes of 5 regular-sized greeting cards (all of the same design) for $15; these cards have some nice embellishments.
I sell my cards for $3.00 or 4 for $10.00 unless they are a more detailed/special fold card.  Then I will sell them for $4.00 or $5.00.  
I sell my cards to neighbors, friends, etc… I usually have a “studio sale” out of my garage once or twice  a year.  Simple cards are $6 each, up to $12 for multiple layer, special folds, etc.
All customers continue to say hand crafted cards are special and beautiful and they would rather buy for $6-$10 from me than spend the same, or more at Target, etc.  
value all you do!
Darby, It's great to read that you charge what your cards are worth and that people are ready and willing to support your effort.  My husband is always saying to me that "that's an $8 or $9 or $10 card if you bought it at a store."  I think too many demos under value their work and price their cards too low.  I get no objections for $4, $5 or $6 prices on my cards and more for a really technical offering.  
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week