Stitched Whimsy dies question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Stitched Whimsy dies question

Phyllis Strickland
A long distance customer ordered the Stitched Whimsy dies but was dissatisfied with them and returned them.  I did not see how they cut - didn’t cut in this case - so not sure if it was an issue with the dies or a preference.  She said the stitching was barely noticeable.  I know she uses only SU cardstock.  

Now a very good customer wants to order them and I am not sure what to do.  I am always upfront if I receive valid negative feedback on a product and steer customers to an alternate item.  In this case I didn’t see it.

If you have these dies, what is your opinion of them?  Ordinarily I would ask that if you used them in classes, did you get any feedback pro or con.   Also, is the stitching like the other stitched dies or how would you describe it.

Thank you very much for any input

Phyllis Strickland
Pstrickland@me.con
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Stitched Whimsy dies question

Angie Brailsford
The dies aren't cutting dies...leaves only a stitched design on the cardstock piece. Someone could always cut around the stitching if they like to create a shaped piece. By the way...I like them :)

Always looking forward to a stampin' good time!

Angie Brailsford 
Please "like" The Rubber Stampede Friends on Facebook
Check out the Event page on Facebook :)
n2ink.stampinup.net  <-- event calendar/webstore

[hidden email]
Let me be your CARDiologist     

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 9:38 PM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <[hidden email]> wrote:
[hidden email]
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: [hidden email]

A long distance customer ordered the Stitched Whimsy dies but was dissatisfied with them and returned them.  I did not see how they cut - didn’t cut in this case - so not sure if it was an issue with the dies or a preference.  She said the stitching was barely noticeable.  I know she uses only SU cardstock.  

Now a very good customer wants to order them and I am not sure what to do.  I am always upfront if I receive valid negative feedback on a product and steer customers to an alternate item.  In this case I didn’t see it.

If you have these dies, what is your opinion of them?  Ordinarily I would ask that if you used them in classes, did you get any feedback pro or con.   Also, is the stitching like the other stitched dies or how would you describe it.

Phyllis Strickland
[hidden email]

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: [hidden email]
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Stitched-Whimsy-dies-question-tp58947.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Always looking forward to a stampin’ good time! Angie Brailsford n2ink.stampinup.net n2ink2@gmail.com Let me be your CARDiologist ♥
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Stitched Whimsy dies question

Micky Lavinder
In reply to this post by Phyllis Strickland

They don’t cut – they just emboss the frame.  I was not too happy with that – but when you know what they do -you can use them appropriately.

Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2021 9:39 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <[hidden email]>
Subject: SU!: Stitched Whimsy dies question

[hidden email]

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: [hidden email]

A long distance customer ordered the Stitched Whimsy dies but was dissatisfied with them and returned them.  I did not see how they cut - didn’t cut in this case - so not sure if it was an issue with the dies or a preference.  She said the stitching was barely noticeable.  I know she uses only SU cardstock.  

Now a very good customer wants to order them and I am not sure what to do.  I am always upfront if I receive valid negative feedback on a product and steer customers to an alternate item.  In this case I didn’t see it.

If you have these dies, what is your opinion of them?  Ordinarily I would ask that if you used them in classes, did you get any feedback pro or con.   Also, is the stitching like the other stitched dies or how would you describe it.

Phyllis Strickland
[hidden email]

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: [hidden email]
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:
https://forum.sudsol.org/Stitched-Whimsy-dies-question-tp58947.html

To unsubscribe from Product Q&As,
click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Connie Babbert
As others have said, they don't cut, they just leave a stitched impression.  I've sold SEVERAL of these dies...my customers love the look!

image.png

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 10:38 PM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <[hidden email]> wrote:
[hidden email]

A long distance customer ordered the Stitched Whimsy dies but was dissatisfied with them and returned them.  I did not see how they cut - didn’t cut in this case - so not sure if it was an issue with the dies or a preference.  She said the stitching was barely noticeable.  I know she uses only SU cardstock.  

Now a very good customer wants to order them and I am not sure what to do.  I am always upfront if I receive valid negative feedback on a product and steer customers to an alternate item.  In this case I didn’t see it.

If you have these dies, what is your opinion of them?  Ordinarily I would ask that if you used them in classes, did you get any feedback pro or con.   Also, is the stitching like the other stitched dies or how would you describe it.

Phyllis Strickland
[hidden email]

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Stitched-Whimsy-dies-question-tp58947.html
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Connie R. Babbert
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
My Blog:  www.inkspiredtreasures.com
Shop ONLINE 24/7 at iluvstamping.stampinup.net
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard
I too had a customer turn hers in. Dissatisfied with how they worked.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 27, 2021, at 7:56 PM, SUDSOL [Connie Babbert] via Product Q&As <[hidden email]> wrote:

[hidden email]

As others have said, they don't cut, they just leave a stitched impression. I've sold SEVERAL of these dies...my customers love the look!

image.png

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 10:38 PM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <[hidden email]> wrote:
[hidden email]

A long distance customer ordered the Stitched Whimsy dies but was dissatisfied with them and returned them. I did not see how they cut - didn’t cut in this case - so not sure if it was an issue with the dies or a preference. She said the stitching was barely noticeable. I know she uses only SU cardstock.

Now a very good customer wants to order them and I am not sure what to do. I am always upfront if I receive valid negative feedback on a product and steer customers to an alternate item. In this case I didn’t see it.

If you have these dies, what is your opinion of them? Ordinarily I would ask that if you used them in classes, did you get any feedback pro or con. Also, is the stitching like the other stitched dies or how would you describe it.

Phyllis Strickland
[hidden email]

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Connie R. Babbert
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
My Blog: www.inkspiredtreasures.com
Shop ONLINE 24/7 at iluvstamping.stampinup.net

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Connie Babbert, please change the email address to: [hidden email]
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Stitched-Whimsy-dies-question-tp58947p58950.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Linda Pastva-Callahan
I'm satisfied with my  dies. They are the perfect extra detail!  I knew they didn't cut. Maybe your customer needs a shim to get deeper stitch lines??

Linda Pastva-Callahan 
Leechburg, PA 
Demo in western PA since 2007
On 05/27/2021 10:38 PM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <[hidden email]> wrote:

[hidden email]

Phyllis Strickland
[hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Stitched Whimsy dies question

Cindy McCool

The dies only put in stitched lines as that is what they are designed to do. Mine cut the lines just fine, but I was disappointed that they didn’t cut the perimeter out. I guess I didn’t read the description well enough.

Cindy McCool

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

[hidden email]

650-867-0037 (text)

Visit my website to shop on line: SHOP MY STORE

To join My Paper Pumpkin Visit Paper Pumpkin

Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 8:53 AM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: Re: SU!: Stitched Whimsy dies question

[hidden email]

I'm satisfied with my  dies. They are the perfect extra detail!  I knew they didn't cut. Maybe your customer needs a shim to get deeper stitch lines??

Linda Pastva-Callahan 

Leechburg, PA 

Demo in western PA since 2007

On 05/27/2021 10:38 PM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <[hidden email]> wrote:

[hidden email] Whimsy dies question

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Phyllis Strickland
Pstrickland@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Linda Pastva-Callahan, please change the email address to: [hidden email]
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Stitched-Whimsy-dies-question-tp58947p58952.html

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)
Reply | Threaded
|

Kelly Taranto
Hi Phyllis,

I have these dies as do two of my customers, and we all LOVE LOVE LOVE them. It's important to know that these are not a die that cuts out a shape. They simply leave a stitched whimsy design in the background. I find they are a "go-to" when I don't want to use an embossing folder on the bottom layer, but want to add just a little bit of "something". When I get home later I'll take a photo of a swap I just did that used it.

Kelly

[hidden email]

Phyllis Strickland
[hidden email]