Stampin' Seal

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Stampin' Seal

Blythe Klipple
OK, this is a complaint.  How does Stampin’ Seal work for you?  Do you ever have an issue with the adhesive being ready to roll as you add a layer to your project?  I have to constantly push/prompt the roll with my thumb so more adhesive is exposed.  DS even recommended that as a way to make it work.  Wrong.  It should just work. I didn’t have such constant issues with Snail Adhesive.  

I have never been so disappointed in a product.  When my current supply is gone I’m sadly going to just use “green glue” which seems so unprofessional compared to our other products.  But it is reliable when applied carefully.  Some of my customers tend to over apply!  Guck!

I’ve had several Stampin’ Seals replaced already and am going to persevere through my remaining supply.  I must be honest and say I don’t use the Stampin’ + as a rule because it’s more expensive but I will give the 4-5 cartridges of it an opportunity to re-win my heart.  Have you compared the two?  Does the “+” work better as a rule?  

Thoughts?  Solutions?

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Boise ID

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Stampin' Seal

Janet Smith
I agree.  I’ve tossed a couple of them because they don’t work very disappointing.  

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, January 4, 2021, 11:57 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <[hidden email]> wrote:

[hidden email]
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: [hidden email]

OK, this is a complaint.  How does Stampin’ Seal work for you?  Do you ever have an issue with the adhesive being ready to roll as you add a layer to your project?  I have to constantly push/prompt the roll with my thumb so more adhesive is exposed.  DS even recommended that as a way to make it work.  Wrong.  It should just work. I didn’t have such constant issues with Snail Adhesive.  

I have never been so disappointed in a product.  When my current supply is gone I’m sadly going to just use “green glue” which seems so unprofessional compared to our other products.  But it is reliable when applied carefully.  Some of my customers tend to over apply!  Guck!

I’ve had several Stampin’ Seals replaced already and am going to persevere through my remaining supply.  I must be honest and say I don’t use the Stampin’ + as a rule because it’s more expensive but I will give the 4-5 cartridges of it an opportunity to re-win my heart.  Have you compared the two?  Does the “+” work better as a rule?  

Thoughts?  Solutions?

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Boise ID

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: [hidden email]
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Seal-tp56976.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Janet
Janet Smith, Santa Rosa, CA
janetstamps@pacbell.net

SU! Web: http://www.stampinwithjanet.stampinup.net

Our 17 year old granddaughter Annika suffered a massive brain bleed on Oct. 8. Although she hasn't woken up yet, she's  home to continue her recovery with her family. To smooth the family's way, we're asking for your help! - See more at:

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/helping-annika-heal/119478
Reply | Threaded
|

Janet Smith
In reply to this post by Blythe Klipple
I also saw a video (somewhere??) that said NOT to flick to the right or left like we did with Fast Fuse, but to go straight "over the top".  That has helped some, but I still have issues like you do! :-(

On Monday, January 4, 2021, 11:57:25 AM PST, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <[hidden email]> wrote:

[hidden email]
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: [hidden email]

Thoughts?  Solutions?

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Boise ID

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: [hidden email]
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Seal-tp56976.html

Janet
Janet Smith, Santa Rosa, CA
janetstamps@pacbell.net

SU! Web: http://www.stampinwithjanet.stampinup.net

Our 17 year old granddaughter Annika suffered a massive brain bleed on Oct. 8. Although she hasn't woken up yet, she's  home to continue her recovery with her family. To smooth the family's way, we're asking for your help! - See more at:

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/helping-annika-heal/119478
Reply | Threaded
|

Barb Stencel
I’m not a fan either. You shouldn’t have to go to any kind of extra steps to get the product to work. I thought the Fast Fuse was far superior.  

I tried the Seal + and less than halfway through the roll, it came off the side (even without doing the check) and I never did get it back on properly. Had to pitch a rather expensive unused roll of tape.  

I’m using alternative adhesive now.

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

------ Original Message ------

To: Barbara Stencel
Sent: January 4, 2021 at 1:57 PM
Subject: SU!: Stampin' Seal

[hidden email]

Thoughts?  Solutions?

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Boise ID

Barb Stencel
www.beelinestamping.com
847-909-1718
barb@beelinestamping.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Talbot
I have finally gotten used to it, and it works without thinking about it.   My customers on the other hand hate it and struggle with using it.  I have had to refund several people because they said they would not use it and they will go to the big box store and buy a different brand.

Chris Talbot

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 12:57 PM SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <[hidden email]> wrote:
[hidden email]

OK, this is a complaint.  How does Stampin’ Seal work for you?  Do you ever have an issue with the adhesive being ready to roll as you add a layer to your project?  I have to constantly push/prompt the roll with my thumb so more adhesive is exposed.  DS even recommended that as a way to make it work.  Wrong.  It should just work. I didn’t have such constant issues with Snail Adhesive.  

I have never been so disappointed in a product.  When my current supply is gone I’m sadly going to just use “green glue” which seems so unprofessional compared to our other products.  But it is reliable when applied carefully.  Some of my customers tend to over apply!  Guck!

I’ve had several Stampin’ Seals replaced already and am going to persevere through my remaining supply.  I must be honest and say I don’t use the Stampin’ + as a rule because it’s more expensive but I will give the 4-5 cartridges of it an opportunity to re-win my heart.  Have you compared the two?  Does the “+” work better as a rule?  

Thoughts?  Solutions?

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Boise ID

Reply | Threaded
|

Robbie Rubala
I totally agree.  A product that costs that much should not have so many issues.  I had one that rolled back on itself.  SU replaced it but I constantly have to roll the tape to get it on the tip before I can use it.  This is not how a product should work.  I never had fast fuse so there was no learning curve for me.  I went back to the glue also for my videos but use my ATG for my personal crafting. 

I was so excited that this product would be one I could use in my videos but so disappointed that it did not work out.

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 2:57 PM SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <[hidden email]> wrote:
[hidden email]

OK, this is a complaint.  How does Stampin’ Seal work for you?  Do you ever have an issue with the adhesive being ready to roll as you add a layer to your project?  I have to constantly push/prompt the roll with my thumb so more adhesive is exposed.  DS even recommended that as a way to make it work.  Wrong.  It should just work. I didn’t have such constant issues with Snail Adhesive.  

I have never been so disappointed in a product.  When my current supply is gone I’m sadly going to just use “green glue” which seems so unprofessional compared to our other products.  But it is reliable when applied carefully.  Some of my customers tend to over apply!  Guck!

I’ve had several Stampin’ Seals replaced already and am going to persevere through my remaining supply.  I must be honest and say I don’t use the Stampin’ + as a rule because it’s more expensive but I will give the 4-5 cartridges of it an opportunity to re-win my heart.  Have you compared the two?  Does the “+” work better as a rule?  

Thoughts?  Solutions?

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Boise ID

--
Robbie Rubala
my blog - https://creationsinpaper.com/

my Stampin' Up website - http://robbierubala.stampinup.net

Robbie Rubala
Reply | Threaded
|

Connie Babbert
Once I watched the video on how to get the tape to release, I haven't had any issues with it.  My customers are using up the last of the Snail they ordered, but I've had several order and use it since they saw the video, too.  Search for Stampin' with Bec if this link doesn't work:

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 3:32 PM SUDSOL [Robbie Rubala] via Business Talk <[hidden email]> wrote:
[hidden email]

I totally agree. A product that costs that much should not have so many issues. I had one that rolled back on itself. SU replaced it but I constantly have to roll the tape to get it on the tip before I can use it. This is not how a product should work. I never had fast fuse so there was no learning curve for me. I went back to the glue also for my videos but use my ATG for my personal crafting.

I was so excited that this product would be one I could use in my videos but so disappointed that it did not work out.

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 2:57 PM SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <[hidden email]> wrote:
blythek@...?subject=Stampin'+Seal

OK, this is a complaint. How does Stampin’ Seal work for you? Do you ever have an issue with the adhesive being ready to roll as you add a layer to your project? I have to constantly push/prompt the roll with my thumb so more adhesive is exposed. DS even recommended that as a way to make it work. Wrong. It should just work. I didn’t have such constant issues with Snail Adhesive.

I have never been so disappointed in a product. When my current supply is gone I’m sadly going to just use “green glue” which seems so unprofessional compared to our other products. But it is reliable when applied carefully. Some of my customers tend to over apply! Guck!

I’ve had several Stampin’ Seals replaced already and am going to persevere through my remaining supply. I must be honest and say I don’t use the Stampin’ + as a rule because it’s more expensive but I will give the 4-5 cartridges of it an opportunity to re-win my heart. Have you compared the two? Does the “+” work better as a rule?

Thoughts? Solutions?

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Boise ID

--
Robbie Rubala
my blog - https://creationsinpaper.com/

my Stampin' Up website - http://robbierubala.stampinup.net

Robbie Rubala

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robbie Rubala, please change the email address to: [hidden email]
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Seal-tp56976p56981.html
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Connie R. Babbert
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
My Blog:  www.inkspiredtreasures.com
Shop ONLINE 24/7 at iluvstamping.stampinup.net
Reply | Threaded
|

Lois Folla
I don't have a problem with it.  But do you recall when Shelli was making projects  on Stage at Home you could see her rolling it many extra times. She even said, this happens to this adhesive.  It's ok, we just need to keep rolling it for it to come back so it will work for you. I caught that and thought... hum...... 

Lois Folla
Stampin' Up! Manager
[hidden email]
CP: 732-598-5026

Shop: www.loisfolla.stampinup.net
Blog: www.StampinPress.com

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021, 2:57 PM SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <[hidden email]> wrote:
[hidden email]

Thoughts?  Solutions?

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Boise ID

Reply | Threaded
|

Blythe Klipple
In reply to this post by Chris Talbot
And it shouldn’t be that hard or that frustrating but it is.  I can’t, in good faith promote it.  I do think I’ll perfect my skill (haaa) and then make a video to share with may customers.    Thanks Chris.

~Blythe

On Jan 4, 2021, at 1:31 PM, SUDSOL [Chris Talbot] via Business Talk <[hidden email]> wrote:

[hidden email]
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: [hidden email]

I have finally gotten used to it, and it works without thinking about it. My customers on the other hand hate it and struggle with using it. I have had to refund several people because they said they would not use it and they will go to the big box store and buy a different brand.

Chris Talbot

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 12:57 PM SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n56976h55@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
blythek@mac.com?subject=Stampin'+Seal
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

OK, this is a complaint. How does Stampin’ Seal work for you? Do you ever have an issue with the adhesive being ready to roll as you add a layer to your project? I have to constantly push/prompt the roll with my thumb so more adhesive is exposed. DS even recommended that as a way to make it work. Wrong. It should just work. I didn’t have such constant issues with Snail Adhesive. 

I have never been so disappointed in a product. When my current supply is gone I’m sadly going to just use “green glue” which seems so unprofessional compared to our other products. But it is reliable when applied carefully. Some of my customers tend to over apply! Guck!

I’ve had several Stampin’ Seals replaced already and am going to persevere through my remaining supply. I must be honest and say I don’t use the Stampin’ + as a rule because it’s more expensive but I will give the 4-5 cartridges of it an opportunity to re-win my heart. Have you compared the two? Does the “+” work better as a rule? 

Thoughts? Solutions?

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Boise ID

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Seal-tp56976.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h92@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Chris Talbot, please change the email address to: [hidden email] 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Seal-tp56976p56980.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email [hidden email] 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Blythe Klipple
In reply to this post by Lois Folla
I agree………hmmmm.  That has not always been the Stampin’ Up! standard.  Suffering or ‘dealing' with a problem rather than fixing it.  As I said and you said:  hmmmm.

~Blythe

On Jan 4, 2021, at 1:53 PM, SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <[hidden email]> wrote:

[hidden email]
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: [hidden email]

I don't have a problem with it. But do you recall when Shelli was making projects on Stage at Home you could see her rolling it many extra times. She even said, this happens to this adhesive. It's ok, we just need to keep rolling it for it to come back so it will work for you. I caught that and thought... hum...... 

Lois Folla
Stampin' Up! Manager
stampwithlois@gmail.com 
CP: 732-598-5026 

Shop: www.loisfolla.stampinup.net
Blog: www.StampinPress.com

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021, 2:57 PM SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n56976h72@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
blythek@mac.com?subject=Stampin'+Seal
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

OK, this is a complaint. How does Stampin’ Seal work for you? Do you ever have an issue with the adhesive being ready to roll as you add a layer to your project? I have to constantly push/prompt the roll with my thumb so more adhesive is exposed. DS even recommended that as a way to make it work. Wrong. It should just work. I didn’t have such constant issues with Snail Adhesive. 

Thoughts? Solutions?

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Boise ID

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Seal-tp56976.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h9@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: [hidden email] 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Seal-tp56976p56984.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email [hidden email] 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Carolyn Jackson
I gave up after trying all of the tips and tricks. I do not expect my customers to have to “wrangle” a product in order to use it.

I exchanged all that I bought. I am using TomBow permanent adhesive snd liquid glue until Stampin’ Up! has a customer-friendly product.

[hidden email]

Thoughts?  Solutions?

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Boise ID

--

Carolyn

Carolyn R. Jackson

Independent Stampin’ Up Demonstrator

http://carolynjackson.stampinup.net

[hidden email][hidden email]

937-307-4582

LIKE me on Facebook: Carolyn’s Creations

https://www.facebook.com/Carolyns-Creations-643171632491266/

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Stampin' Seal

donnab07

And I thought it was just me!  I’ve watched videos made by some very talented and popular demonstrators who seem to have no problems with this product – I just don’t get it.  I’ve tried and tried to like Seal, but it just doesn’t work for me.  I’ve tried everything, including the method shown in the SU! product video.  I will not buy Seal again.

Donna Bagwell

Sent: Monday, January 4, 2021 11:57 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <[hidden email]>
Subject: SU!: Stampin' Seal

[hidden email]

Thoughts?  Solutions?

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Boise ID

Reply | Threaded
|

Joan Norman

SANDBOX all complaints!

They rolled out the replacement Big Shot with problems already. Why didn’t they bring an electric model. The new rewards programs does nothing for silvers. My Downline left. I had over $1000 quarter and only got instant income. I have been around working since 1998 and am feeling
That I am a peon because I don’t give them big bucks!!

[hidden email]

Thoughts?  Solutions?

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Boise ID

--
Joan Norman
Stampin' Up! demonstrator
[hidden email]l.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Linda Pastva-Callahan
I prefer Stampin' Seal+ over the regular version.  Yes, I have to advance the roller sometimes. and Yes, sometimes it rips the paper off when you roll it.  I've even performed "surgery"--it comes apart similar to the old Dotto dispenser, cut out bad tape, reattached to wheel and was good to go.  The regular Seal version was sticking to everything--itself, my fingers, the dispenser.  I could not get it to work cleanly.  I purposely made my 70+ Christmas cards with these adhesives.  Some worked better out of the package than those sitting open on the shelf awhile.  (My craft room in the basement is really dry.)  Those little slats in the Seal+ tape make a difference.  I cannot use the Tombo Multipurpose adhesive cleanly.  I gave my club members a package of the Seal + as their holiday gift.  Prefer to use this on dry- embossed panels.  I've found instead of doing a "checkmark" to snap off tape, do more of a curve like a "C".
These are my observations, sorry to ramble on...

Linda Pastva-Callahan
Leechburg, PA
Demo in western PA since Feb. 2007

Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <[hidden email]> wrote:

[hidden email]

Thoughts?  Solutions?

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Boise ID