Stampin' Blends and Alcohol Technique

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Stampin' Blends and Alcohol Technique

donnab07
I have been admiring the projects being shared using our Stampin' Blends and alcohol.  I have searched for a tutorial on how to make a background for cards using this technique, but am not finding what I want to know.  What I have found is the technique using glossy cardstock, which SU! doesn't sell anymore.  Can someone please share how they are making cards using this wonderful technique?  Thank you in advance!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Stampin' Blends and Alcohol Technique

grantj
My question exactly!

Jan Grant
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 7, 2021, at 2:41 PM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As <[hidden email]> wrote:

[hidden email]
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: [hidden email]

I have been admiring the projects being shared using our Stampin' Blends and alcohol.  I have searched for a tutorial on how to make a background for cards using this technique, but am not finding what I want to know.  What I have found is the technique using glossy cardstock, which SU! doesn't sell anymore.  Can someone please share how they are making cards using this wonderful technique?  Thank you in advance!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: [hidden email]
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Blends-and-Alcohol-Technique-tp59031.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Linda Bobb
In reply to this post by donnab07
There is a YouTube video by Kelly Acheson dated March of this year.  I haven't watched it yet but it's called Stampin' Blends and Alcohol Technique.
Linda

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As <[hidden email]>
To: SUDSOL Group <[hidden email]>
Sent: Mon, Jun 7, 2021 3:41 pm
Subject: SU!: Stampin' Blends and Alcohol Technique

[hidden email]
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: [hidden email]

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: [hidden email]
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Blends-and-Alcohol-Technique-tp59031.html
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Anne Hayward
In reply to this post by donnab07
Hi, I have done the Blends and Alcohol Technique on our vellum card stock.
Scribble blends on the vellum.
Then, with a cotton ball wet with isopropyl alcohol, dab the blends.  The colors will pool and vein.  You can add some metallic reinker if you want the look of the Polished Stone Technique.
I found 91% isopropyl works best.
That is probably the toughest part of the technique.  Finding 91% in the stores during Covid.  It might be easier now that things are settling down.
Hope that helps.  Anne

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 1:41 PM SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As <[hidden email]> wrote:
[hidden email]

I have been admiring the projects being shared using our Stampin' Blends and alcohol.  I have searched for a tutorial on how to make a background for cards using this technique, but am not finding what I want to know.  What I have found is the technique using glossy cardstock, which SU! doesn't sell anymore.  Can someone please share how they are making cards using this wonderful technique?  Thank you in advance!

Anne Hayward-Outline Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

coatess
Tina Zinck has a few YouTube videos as well.

Sent from Sharri Coates

On Jun 7, 2021, at 17:09, SUDSOL [Anne Hayward] via Product Q&As <[hidden email]> wrote:

[hidden email]

Then, with a cotton ball wet with isopropyl alcohol, dab the blends. The colors will pool and vein. You can add some metallic reinker if you want the look of the Polished Stone Technique.
That is probably the toughest part of the technique. Finding 91% in the stores during Covid. It might be easier now that things are settling down.
Hope that helps. Anne

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 1:41 PM SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As <[hidden email]> wrote:
[hidden email]

I have been admiring the projects being shared using our Stampin' Blends and alcohol. I have searched for a tutorial on how to make a background for cards using this technique, but am not finding what I want to know. What I have found is the technique using glossy cardstock, which SU! doesn't sell anymore. Can someone please share how they are making cards using this wonderful technique? Thank you in advance!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Anne Hayward, please change the email address to: [hidden email]
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Blends-and-Alcohol-Technique-tp59031p59034.html
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Stampin' Blends and Alcohol Technique

donnab07
In reply to this post by Anne Hayward

Thank you Anne!

Donna

Sent: Monday, June 7, 2021 1:09 PM
Subject: Re: SU!: Stampin' Blends and Alcohol Technique

[hidden email]

Then, with a cotton ball wet with isopropyl alcohol, dab the blends. The colors will pool and vein. You can add some metallic reinker if you want the look of the Polished Stone Technique.

That is probably the toughest part of the technique. Finding 91% in the stores during Covid. It might be easier now that things are settling down.

Hope that helps. Anne

[hidden email]

I have been admiring the projects being shared using our Stampin' Blends and alcohol. I have searched for a tutorial on how to make a background for cards using this technique, but am not finding what I want to know. What I have found is the technique using glossy cardstock, which SU! doesn't sell anymore. Can someone please share how they are making cards using this wonderful technique? Thank you in advance!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Anne Hayward, please change the email address to: [hidden email]
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Blends-and-Alcohol-Technique-tp59031p59034.html

To unsubscribe from Stampin' Blends and Alcohol Technique, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07
In reply to this post by Linda Bobb

Thank you Linda.  I’ll check it out.

Donna

Sent: Monday, June 7, 2021 12:56 PM

[hidden email]

There is a YouTube video by Kelly Acheson dated March of this year.  I haven't watched it yet but it's called Stampin' Blends and Alcohol Technique.

Linda

To: SUDSOL Group <lb1227@>

[hidden email]

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Linda Bobb, please change the email address to: [hidden email]
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Blends-and-Alcohol-Technique-tp59031p59033.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Felece
There is also a video by stampingwithamore that shows the technique.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 7, 2021, at 4:58 PM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As <[hidden email]> wrote:

[hidden email]

Donna

lb1227@aol.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Stampin'%20Blends%20and%20Alcohol%20Technique

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lb1227@aol.com

Linda

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=Stampin%27%20Blends%20and%20Alcohol%20Technique

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Linda Bobb, please change the email address to: lb1227@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Blends-and-Alcohol-Technique-tp59031p59033.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h16@n7.nabble.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Blends-and-Alcohol-Technique-tp59031p59037.html
Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07

Thank you!

Donna

Sent: Monday, June 7, 2021 7:58 PM

[hidden email]

There is also a video by stampingwithamore that shows the technique.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 7, 2021, at 4:58 PM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As <[hidden email]> wrote:

[hidden email]: SU!: Stampin' Blends and Alcohol Technique

Donna

To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>

[hidden email]?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Stampin'%20Blends%20and%20Alcohol%20Technique

Linda

[hidden email]?subject=Stampin%27%20Blends%20and%20Alcohol%20Technique

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Linda Bobb, please change the email address to: [hidden email]

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Blends-and-Alcohol-Technique-tp59031p59037.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Felece, please change the email address to: [hidden email]
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Blends-and-Alcohol-Technique-tp59031p59041.html