Hi- It has been at least 10 years since I have sold any of my beloved
retired SU supplies!

Being older-and trying to help my family from having to go through my
"hoarding" I realize it IS time to do away with my least favorite items
although it is hard to draw that line!

I used to sell items on Ebay but I forget how I managed to insert
pictures of the product!

I am VERY tech challenged but I do know how to take pictures on my cell
phone- but how do I transfer to an Ebay auction?

How do you figure prices for shipping? Is there a general price you
charge for shipping not knowing ahead of time what the zip code is of
the buyer?

I would SO appreciate any tips or tricks to selling items! Do I need to
purchase a postal scale?

Thank you SO much!

Signed an aging Demonstrator trying to let go!

AKA- Kay Capps
Kay Capps
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Need help selling retired SU

Margaret Minneman

...and I need help also.  I have an account on Ebay, but getting pics onto the site is not something I could do.  So, I just bought stuff (and looked for prices of sold items).  Someone, please help !!

I cannot brag about my love for God, for I fail Him every day.  I can, however, brag about His love for me for He never fails to love me at all times.

On Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 05:13:04 AM PDT, SUDSOL [Kay Capps] via SUDSOL Info & Help <ml+s1100894n58165h15@.nabble> wrote:

petking@vcn.com?subject=Need help selling retired SU
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: petking@

retired SU supplies!

pictures of the product!

the buyer?

purchase a postal scale?

Thank you SO much!

AKA- Kay Capps
Kay Capps

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kay Capps, please change the email address to: petking@vcn.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Need-help-selling-retired-SU-tp58165.html
To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml+s1100894n2311h41@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

I would love to learn more about this, too.  I have 22 years worth of stamps!

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com
Join Bluegrass Stampers on FB

On Mar 30, 2021, at 9:18 AM, SUDSOL [Margaret Minneman] via SUDSOL Info & Help <ml+s1100894n58169h80@.nabble> wrote:

mamin50@yahoo.com?subject=Re: SU!: Need help selling retired SU
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: mamin50@

...and I need help also.  I have an account on Ebay, but getting pics onto the site is not something I could do.  So, I just bought stuff (and looked for prices of sold items).  Someone, please help !!

I cannot brag about my love for God, for I fail Him every day.  I can, however, brag about His love for me for He never fails to love me at all times.

On Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 05:13:04 AM PDT, SUDSOL [Kay Capps] via SUDSOL Info & Help <ml+s1100894n58165h15@.nabble> wrote:

petking@vcn.com?subject=Need help selling retired SU
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: petking@

retired SU supplies!

pictures of the product!

the buyer?

purchase a postal scale?

Thank you SO much!

AKA- Kay Capps
Kay Capps

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kay Capps, please change the email address to: petking@vcn.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Need-help-selling-retired-SU-tp58165.html
To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml+s1100894n2311h41@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Margaret Minneman, please change the email address to: mamin50@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Need-help-selling-retired-SU-tp58165p58169.html
To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml+s1100894n2311h82@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL Info & Help, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Kathleen Brandt

same here. 16 years of 'treasures' need to go
Katie Brandt
stampingwithkate@gmail.com
stampingwithkate@gmail.com
(845) 331-3259 (h)
(845) 532-7382 (c)

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 2:57 PM SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via SUDSOL Info & Help <ml%2Bs1100894n58175h3@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
stampingal@live.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Need+help+selling+retired+SU
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@live.com

I would love to learn more about this, too.  I have 22 years worth of stamps!

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@

On Mar 30, 2021, at 9:18 AM, SUDSOL [Margaret Minneman] via SUDSOL Info & Help <ml+s1100894n58169h80@.nabble> wrote:

mamin50@...?subject=Re: SU!: Need help selling retired SU
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: mamin50@

petking@...?subject=Need help selling retired SU

retired SU supplies!

pictures of the product!

the buyer?

purchase a postal scale?

Thank you SO much!

AKA- Kay Capps
Kay Capps

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Margaret Minneman, please change the email address to: mamin50@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Need-help-selling-retired-SU-tp58165p58169.html
To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml+s1100894n2311h82@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Need-help-selling-retired-SU-tp58165p58175.html
To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml%2Bs1100894n2311h19@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Need help selling retired SU

Dena Lenneman
In reply to this post by Kay Capps
I have sold lots of my retired Stampin' Up! stamps and accessories over the years (my 20th Stampiversary is coming up in August!). It's a lot of work, but so rewarding when you see the piles go down and the balance in your bank account go up! Here's some advice:

While eBay used to be very popular, I have found it hard to sell things there unless something is in high demand. I would list items starting at $1 and not get any bids. It's been a few years since I've sold anything there, so my info may be outdated. Listings are free, but you pay fees when you sell and then again when you get your monthly statement. You have to add postage options for every item you sell, so either know the weight of each item in an envelope or box with packing materials so you can calculate it (USPS.com has a postage price calculator) or use Priority envelopes and boxes. It is easy to list items, as they pretty much walk you through each step and you can't continue if you've missed something.

I've had the best luck selling things in person. I usually do a retirement party and/or new catalog open house and have all of my items there for my customers to shop. No need to worry about shipping and no fees, although if you can accept credit cards (check out Square!) you may increase your sales!

Garage sales are an option, but most people will only pay garage sale prices so keep that in mind.

I've been selling a lot on Facebook. There are many groups you can join. Just search Stampin' Up! buy/sell groups. Each group will have it's own rules about how to list your items. You can also list things in Marketplace.

I also have pages on my blog for retired stamps and accessories.

Taking good, clear pictures of your items is the most important thing no matter how you sell online! Make sure your background is simple and clean, lighting is good, stamps are clean, and the picture isn't blurry. Edit if needed and make sure you save them where you can find them and get to them again to add to your listing.

Know full names of stamp sets and accessories as people will search for them. Item numbers help too.

I hope that helps!
Dena
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

Thanks, Dena!

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com

On Mar 30, 2021, at 3:38 PM, SUDSOL [Dena Lenneman] via SUDSOL Info & Help <ml+s1100894n58178h59@.nabble> wrote:

dena@lenneman.com?subject=Re: Need help selling retired SU
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: dena@

I have sold lots of my retired Stampin' Up! stamps and accessories over the years (my 20th Stampiversary is coming up in August!). It's a lot of work, but so rewarding when you see the piles go down and the balance in your bank account go up! Here's some advice:

While eBay used to be very popular, I have found it hard to sell things there unless something is in high demand. I would list items starting at $1 and not get any bids. It's been a few years since I've sold anything there, so my info may be outdated. Listings are free, but you pay fees when you sell and then again when you get your monthly statement. You have to add postage options for every item you sell, so either know the weight of each item in an envelope or box with packing materials so you can calculate it (USPS.com has a postage price calculator) or use Priority envelopes and boxes. It is easy to list items, as they pretty much walk you through each step and you can't continue if you've missed something.

I've had the best luck selling things in person. I usually do a retirement party and/or new catalog open house and have all of my items there for my customers to shop. No need to worry about shipping and no fees, although if you can accept credit cards (check out Square!) you may increase your sales!

Garage sales are an option, but most people will only pay garage sale prices so keep that in mind.

I've been selling a lot on Facebook. There are many groups you can join. Just search Stampin' Up! buy/sell groups. Each group will have it's own rules about how to list your items. You can also list things in Marketplace.

Taking good, clear pictures of your items is the most important thing no matter how you sell online! Make sure your background is simple and clean, lighting is good, stamps are clean, and the picture isn't blurry. Edit if needed and make sure you save them where you can find them and get to them again to add to your listing.

Know full names of stamp sets and accessories as people will search for them. Item numbers help too.

I hope that helps!

Kay Capps wrote
retired SU supplies!

pictures of the product!

the buyer?

purchase a postal scale?

Thank you SO much!

AKA- Kay Capps
Dena

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Dena Lenneman, please change the email address to: dena@lenneman.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Need-help-selling-retired-SU-tp58165p58178.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Margaret Minneman
In reply to this post by Dena Lenneman

Dena........thank you for all the info!  This is very helpful and has gotten me up to date.  I think I can work on how to take the pics and save them now (probably plenty of YouTube videos) .   And then I just need to know how to download them to Facebook.
I love this group!

On Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 12:38:45 PM PDT, SUDSOL [Dena Lenneman] via SUDSOL Info & Help <ml+s1100894n58178h18@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: dena@

I hope that helps!

Kay Capps wrote
retired SU supplies!

pictures of the product!

the buyer?

purchase a postal scale?

Thank you SO much!

AKA- Kay Capps
Dena

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Dena Lenneman, please change the email address to: dena@lenneman.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Need-help-selling-retired-SU-tp58165p58178.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Dena Lenneman

Great advice!

On Mar 31, 2021, at 5:38 AM, SUDSOL [Dena Lenneman] via SUDSOL Info & Help <ml+s1100894n58178h50@.nabble> wrote:

I hope that helps!

Kay Capps wrote
retired SU supplies!

pictures of the product!

the buyer?

purchase a postal scale?

Thank you SO much!

AKA- Kay Capps
Dena

To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml+s1100894n2311h73@.nabble