Etched in Nature

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Etched in Nature

grantj

After On Tour last night, I took the new catalog and thumbed through it to see if there was anything else I had missed other than all the ways to use the new stamp sets that were shown.

I noticed that the Etched in Nature set is right above the Very Versailles set. From the pictures, they both seemed to be the same "quality." As I'm looking at the PDF (because I'm at school) it appears that the branches in both sets have some light and some dark parts. The Etched in Nature is just has more subtle parts than the Very Versailles. I don't remember complaints about the Very Versailles words stamping poorly, and yet they are very light.

I think the "thank you" in the Etched in Nature will fit inside the frame in the Very Versailles. 

I'm wondering if part of the thinking was to use them together for backgrounds or collages.

Since I managed to pop the thumb on my stamping hand out of joint last night just before On Tour, I'm not going to have a chance to experiment before we go to Chicago this weekend.

But I bet a LOT of you talented ladies can come up with some beautiful samples.

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Etched in Nature

Linda Bobb

Thanks Jan!
I'm so sorry about your thumb - sounds painful!  Get better soon -
Linda Bobb

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [grantj] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n58407h0@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <lb1227@>
Sent: Fri, Apr 9, 2021 1:44 pm
Subject: SU!: Etched in Nature

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Etched%20in%20Nature
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

After On Tour last night, I took the new catalog and thumbed through it to see if there was anything else I had missed other than all the ways to use the new stamp sets that were shown.

I noticed that the Etched in Nature set is right above the Very Versailles set. From the pictures, they both seemed to be the same "quality." As I'm looking at the PDF (because I'm at school) it appears that the branches in both sets have some light and some dark parts. The Etched in Nature is just has more subtle parts than the Very Versailles. I don't remember complaints about the Very Versailles words stamping poorly, and yet they are very light.

I think the "thank you" in the Etched in Nature will fit inside the frame in the Very Versailles. 

I'm wondering if part of the thinking was to use them together for backgrounds or collages.

Since I managed to pop the thumb on my stamping hand out of joint last night just before On Tour, I'm not going to have a chance to experiment before we go to Chicago this weekend.

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Etched-in-Nature-tp58407.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h57@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Etched in Nature

Cindy McCool
In reply to this post by grantj

I didn’t buy Very Versailles so cannot comment on it but can say that MY Etched in Nature does NOT stamp fully. The tail of the bird, in the picture and on the set clearly shows 2 feathers with pointed ends. No matter how many times, how much ink, how much pressure there is no way I can get the tail to print when stamping. The berries in the on the spring are the same way. The picture shows a full berry, again, no matter how I do it, with or without the stamparatus I NEVER get full berry impressions like the picture. I’ve sent pictures to SU and they have responded “that’s the way it’s supposed to be, like a pencil sketch” well I’m sure glad I didn’t have to buy it!

Cindy McCool

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Visit my website to shop on line: SHOP MY STORE

To join My Paper Pumpkin Visit Paper Pumpkin

From: ml+s1100894n58407h64@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n58407h64@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2021 10:44 AM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Etched in Nature

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Etched%20in%20Nature

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Etched-in-Nature-tp58407.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h21@n7.nabble.com

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)
Reply | Threaded
|

Robin Messenheimer
In reply to this post by grantj

My stamps don’t look anything like what’s in the catalog. I’ve tried them all with the Stamparatus and three different stamp pads. The detail on the bird is not there. The detail on the large flower is not there. All I see are lines of dots that mostly are not connected. Sometimes the little flower looked better. Same with the moth. Obviously some of the stamps sets are OK or we wouldn’t be seeing the pretty cards. But I cannot make pretty images let alone cards. I’m not even going to try any more. 

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 9, 2021, at 07:44, SUDSOL [grantj] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n58407h86@.nabble> wrote:

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Etched in Nature
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h43@.nabble
Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

grantj

You need to call DS. Better yet, e-mail them & send pictures.

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@

On Apr 9, 2021, at 3:51 PM, SUDSOL [Robin Messenheimer] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n58417h26@.nabble> wrote:

rmessenheimer@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Etched in Nature
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@

My stamps don’t look anything like what’s in the catalog. I’ve tried them all with the Stamparatus and three different stamp pads. The detail on the bird is not there. The detail on the large flower is not there. All I see are lines of dots that mostly are not connected. Sometimes the little flower looked better. Same with the moth. Obviously some of the stamps sets are OK or we wouldn’t be seeing the pretty cards. But I cannot make pretty images let alone cards. I’m not even going to try any more. 

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 9, 2021, at 07:44, SUDSOL [grantj] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n58407h86@.nabble> wrote:

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Etched in Nature

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Etched-in-Nature-tp58407p58417.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h73@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Etched in Nature

Jeanne Moss

You really don’t need to call DS.  If you take a look at today’s Updates, it’s being taken care of.  Go SU!!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, April 9, 2021 5:43 PM
To: stampingal@live.com
Subject: Re: SU!: Etched in Nature

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Etched%20in%20Nature

You need to call DS. Better yet, e-mail them & send pictures.

Sent from my iPad

Jan Grant

independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Springfield, IL

(217) 415-1860

revjanstamps@

On Apr 9, 2021, at 3:51 PM, SUDSOL [Robin Messenheimer] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n58417h26@.nabble> wrote:

rmessenheimer@?subject=Re: SU!: Etched in Nature

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@

Sent from my iPad

revjanstamps@?subject=Etched in Nature

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Etched-in-Nature-tp58407p58417.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h73@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Etched-in-Nature-tp58407p58420.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h15@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Mary K Jones
In reply to this post by Robin Messenheimer
Robin Messenheimer wrote

Sent from my iPad

> On Apr 9, 2021, at 07:44, SUDSOL [grantj] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n58407h86@.nabble> wrote:
>
> 
> Click here to reply directly to grantj privately at revjanstamps@
> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@
>
> After On Tour last night, I took the new catalog and thumbed through it to see if there was anything else I had missed other than all the ways to use the new stamp sets that were shown.
>  
> I noticed that the Etched in Nature set is right above the Very Versailles set. From the pictures, they both seemed to be the same "quality." As I'm looking at the PDF (because I'm at school) it appears that the branches in both sets have some light and some dark parts. The Etched in Nature is just has more subtle parts than the Very Versailles. I don't remember complaints about the Very Versailles words stamping poorly, and yet they are very light.
>  
> I think the "thank you" in the Etched in Nature will fit inside the frame in the Very Versailles.
>  
> I'm wondering if part of the thinking was to use them together for backgrounds or collages.
> Since I managed to pop the thumb on my stamping hand out of joint last night just before On Tour, I'm not going to have a chance to experiment before we go to Chicago this weekend.
>
> But I bet a LOT of you talented ladies can come up with some beautiful samples.
>
>  
> Got the Etched in Nature to work.  First always sand lightly with fine grit sandpaper or emery board.  I use the Stamparatus with a piece of Fun Foam (get at hobby store) to allow me to push the image into the card.  IMPORTANT: Trim off the excess red rubber (not the gray foam) from around the image.  I used the Evening Evergreen stamp pad and stamped twice on the Stamparatus FIRMLY pushing the image into the Basic White cardstock. For any lightly inked area, I used the marker to added more color to the image and stamped again.  BE CAREFUL, the ink smudges easily until completely dry.  I did use the blends to carefully add color to the image.  I use the small firm Blends tip using a tapping motion to keep the Blends from picking up the the Evergreen ink.  Here is a picture of my card
>  

>
> Jan Grant
>
> Springfield, IL 62704
>
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@ 
> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Etched-in-Nature-tp58407.html
> To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h43@.nabble 
> To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.