Cutting/Measuring Question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Cutting/Measuring Question

Maria Pobre

Thank you, Sara! I have shared this idea with my team members.

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Nov 30, 2020, at 9:48 AM, Maria Pobre <stampinmia@> wrote:

What a great tip! Thanks!

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Nov 30, 2020, at 9:10 AM, SUDSOL [Sara Levin] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n56490h22@.nabble> wrote:

TheArtfulInker@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Cutting/Measuring Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@

It's usually not cutting or scoring causing the problem.

Check out this quick one simple trick video: https://youtu.be/ZtSNQiRPm6A

Sara
Sara Levin

Get the Stamping Sunday Tutorial Bundle FREE with $40 purchase or purchase it HERE

Get the Stampin' Glam Squad Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $50 purchase in my store
or purchase it HERE
theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
(blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 4:38 PM SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n56480h72@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
cindy@mccoolmgt.com?subject=Cutting/Measuring+Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy@mccoolmgt.com

This may sound crazy but it’s been bothering me for a while. I hope someone can help me and yes, I think I’m an “experienced” stamper as I’ve been card making for over 15 years. Here’s my issue:

I’ve noticed that when I watch SU demonstrators cut a card base, like the ones from On Stage demo’s, they cut the size needed and then they hand fold it in half to make the base. Usually, in these demonstrations the presenter makes a point out of “you get 2 card bases from one sheet of card stock”. I’ve never really seen SU use a score board to score the card base. They mention it but don’t use it.

I like to score my card bases so I get clean folds and I teach seniors who have limited small motor skills, so pre-folding for them helps. I’ve noticed that when I have a landscape opening card base (5 ½ x 8 ½ - scored at 4 ¼) when I fold the edges don’t match EXACTLY. It drives me crazy and I trim off the overhang which is less than 1/16 inch.

When I score my bases for a portrait card (4 ½ x 11 scored at 5 ½) and fold them they match exactly.

Now I know the paper is 8 ½ x 11 so I know I’m cutting and scoring correctly but why doesn’t the landscape card match when I fold it? When I cut card bases from a 12x12 sheet, score and fold, the match perfectly. Does anyone else experience this difference? What am I doing wrong?

Cindy McCool

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Visit my website to shop on line: https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx?demoid=2070178

To join My Paper Pumpkin Visit Https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up?demoid=2070178

Cindy McCool
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy McCool, please change the email address to: cindy@mccoolmgt.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cutting-Measuring-Question-tp56480.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h66@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cutting-Measuring-Question-tp56480p56490.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h6@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.