Approved sender list in g mail

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Approved sender list in g mail

Anne Hayward

I am about to switch e mail servers as we will be able to receive Starlink satellite service in about 2 months.
I have a gmail account that I have had for years, but rarely used it.  Up until today that is. I'm beginning to change e mail addresses from vendors as I receive e mails from them sent to my current e mail address.
I've switched 1/2 dozen or so to my g mail account, but so far am not receiving any e mails from them. Nothing is showing up in my SPAM folder.

So, my question is, do you have to approve e mail addresses on g mail in order to get them delivered and not be filtered out?  I've heard rumblings in the past that g mail goes overboard in filtering e mails.
I've done internet searches, and have come up with conflicting info, so am not sure.

I will need to change my e mail address in SUDSOL too.  Do you use gmail for SUDSOL mail?  Does it work ok for you?  Did you have to approve SUDSOL as a sender?  Did you have to approve each sender in SUDSOL: outlines, business, creative etc?

Thanks in advance.  Anne
Anne Hayward-Outline Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Approved sender list in g mail

Sue Erickson

Hi Anne, I have a gmail account for my personal emails and have not needed to white-list vendors to get their emails. Periodically I check my junk mail just to be sure an email I want hasn’t slipped into there. There should be no trouble using gmail with SUDSOL bu I can’t speak to that for certain as I use my business email for SUDSOL.
Sue

On Apr 24, 2021, at 4:00 PM, SUDSOL [Anne Hayward] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n58596h54@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

annehayward@wildblue.net?subject=Approved%20sender%20list%20in%20g%20mail
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: annehayward@wildblue.net

I am about to switch e mail servers as we will be able to receive Starlink satellite service in about 2 months.
I have a gmail account that I have had for years, but rarely used it.  Up until today that is. I'm beginning to change e mail addresses from vendors as I receive e mails from them sent to my current e mail address.
I've switched 1/2 dozen or so to my g mail account, but so far am not receiving any e mails from them. Nothing is showing up in my SPAM folder.

So, my question is, do you have to approve e mail addresses on g mail in order to get them delivered and not be filtered out?  I've heard rumblings in the past that g mail goes overboard in filtering e mails.
I've done internet searches, and have come up with conflicting info, so am not sure.

I will need to change my e mail address in SUDSOL too.  Do you use gmail for SUDSOL mail?  Does it work ok for you?  Did you have to approve SUDSOL as a sender?  Did you have to approve each sender in SUDSOL: outlines, business, creative etc?

Thanks in advance.  Anne

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Anne Hayward, please change the email address to: annehayward@wildblue.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Approved-sender-list-in-g-mail-tp58596.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h71@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Anne Hayward

I use gmail for SUDSOL and have not had any problems.

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Apr 25, 2021, at 9:00 AM, SUDSOL [Anne Hayward] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n58596h8@.nabble> wrote:

annehayward@wildblue.net?subject=Approved sender list in g mail
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: annehayward@

Thanks in advance.  Anne

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Anne Hayward, please change the email address to: annehayward@wildblue.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: https://forum.sudsol.org/Approved-sender-list-in-g-mail-tp58596.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Robin Messenheimer

Many companies who send regular e-mails actually prepare them for sending quite a while in advance. Just as unsubscriptions take some time to get sorted out, I’d think the same would happen with changing addresses.

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 24, 2021, at 13:00, SUDSOL [Anne Hayward] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n58596h45@.nabble> wrote:

annehayward@wildblue.net?subject=Approved sender list in g mail
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: annehayward@

Thanks in advance.  Anne

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h62@.nabble
Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Holly Krautkremer

Hi Anne,

I use gmail for my businesses and personal and I have never had any problems. When I started switching out my emails it did take several days for me to start receiving some of the emails I received from other companies. I use it for sudsol and to my knowledge I have not had any issues. I personally really like gmail, some of the others I had there was always so much spam.

Hope that helps,
Holly

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 6:00 PM SUDSOL [Anne Hayward] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n58596h69@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
annehayward@wildblue.net?subject=Approved+sender+list+in+g+mail
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: annehayward@wildblue.net

I have a gmail account that I have had for years, but rarely used it.  Up until today that is. I'm beginning to change e mail addresses from vendors as I receive e mails from them sent to my current e mail address.

So, my question is, do you have to approve e mail addresses on g mail in order to get them delivered and not be filtered out?  I've heard rumblings in the past that g mail goes overboard in filtering e mails.

I will need to change my e mail address in SUDSOL too.  Do you use gmail for SUDSOL mail?  Does it work ok for you?  Did you have to approve SUDSOL as a sender?  Did you have to approve each sender in SUDSOL: outlines, business, creative etc?

Thanks in advance.  Anne

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h86@n7.nabble.com
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and Creative Coach
Holly Krautkremer
My Blog http://rubberredneck.typepad.com
Shop with me! ShopRubberRedneck.com
Join My Team HERE
My Etsy Store HERE
The Rubber Redneck STAMPede On-line Class Visit HERE!