classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Any Art Projects?

Charlotte Lindmeier
Our question this week is:
Are you making any art projects with your SU materials other than cards and scrapbooks? Like something for Thanksgiving or Christmas decor? Please share ideas.

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Any Art Projects?

Blythe Klipple

I’ve been making DSP wreathes using 8” and 10” styrofoam wreath forms from HL or Mikes (aka Michaels).  Easy peasy.  I’ll get one or two posted on the Sudsol board tomorrow. I even have one personal class request and have sold another (Halloween DSP) to a local friend.

~Blythe

On Oct 20, 2020, at 10:33 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56037h14@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Any%20Art%20Projects?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Are you making any art projects with your SU materials other than cards and scrapbooks? Like something for Thanksgiving or Christmas decor? Please share ideas.

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Any-Art-Projects-tp56037.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h60@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

Blythe Klipple

I just added 4 DSP wreaths and one Christmas Countdown home decor box to Sudsol’s pin boards.  They’re on my 2020 Ideas Board.  (PINBoard Guru—you’re welcome to move them to any other appropriate board.  I’m way out of practice in this realm sadly.

~Blythe

On Oct 20, 2020, at 10:51 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56038h45@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

blythek@mac.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Any%20Art%20Projects?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

I’ve been making DSP wreathes using 8” and 10” styrofoam wreath forms from HL or Mikes (aka Michaels).  Easy peasy.  I’ll get one or two posted on the Sudsol board tomorrow. I even have one personal class request and have sold another (Halloween DSP) to a local friend.

~Blythe

On Oct 20, 2020, at 10:33 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56037h14@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier 
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Any-Art-Projects-tp56037.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h60@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Any-Art-Projects-tp56037p56038.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h60@n7.nabble.com 

Reply | Threaded
|

Sandy England

I am making a 8 by 10 white framed snow man in December. After the Christmas holiday the house seems bare and  he will brighten the winter days till Valentines Day. 
Sandy

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 21, 2020, at 1:21 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56039h8@.nabble> wrote:

blythek@mac.com?subject=Re: SU!: Any Art Projects?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@

I just added 4 DSP wreaths and one Christmas Countdown home decor box to Sudsol’s pin boards.  They’re on my 2020 Ideas Board.  (PINBoard Guru—you’re welcome to move them to any other appropriate board.  I’m way out of practice in this realm sadly.

~Blythe

On Oct 20, 2020, at 10:51 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56038h45@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

~Blythe

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier 
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Any-Art-Projects-tp56037.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h60@n7.nabble.com 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Any-Art-Projects-tp56037p56038.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h60@n7.nabble.com 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Any-Art-Projects-tp56037p56039.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
Sandy England
Reply | Threaded
|

Charlotte Lindmeier
In reply to this post by Blythe Klipple
 really like your wreaths.  How long were the strips of DSP?  You inspired me to try them.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Blythe Klipple

Charlotte (and other Sudsolers) - they’re really easy!  Go for it.  45 minutes.

Pieces are 1-1/4” wide and 12” long.  I just take a pack of DSP, flip the second sheet of each pair of patterns over showing the contrasting side and then start cutting a pile of them at 1-1/4”, trying to keep the patterns in order as I set them aside.  Wrap the strip around the styrofoam form after putting about 4” of Stampin’ Seal on ONE END.  Bring the ends together and squeeze them down to the wreath.  After I get about 8-10 in place I “scooch" them together, overlapping a wee bit and then secure each one in place with a long straight pin, preferably one that has a round tip at the end.  After all are in place I use my snips to cut the flag at the taped end of the strips.  If you have any questions please ask!  Enjoy.  They’re addicting.

~Blythe

On Oct 21, 2020, at 1:50 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56044h31@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Any%20Art%20Projects?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

really like your wreaths.  How long were the strips of DSP?  You inspired me to try them.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Any-Art-Projects-tp56037p56044.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ADV: Re: SU!: Any Art Projects?

Cherie Hunt

I did a 12x12 frame with a fall theme as a Specialty Class.  It had
nine 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 squares. I used 3 different autumn sets: Autumn
Goodness, Gather Together and Forever Fern (bit of a stretch for
fall, but it worked well with the other sets.  Primary colors used were:
Early Espresso, Mint Macaron, and Terra Cotta Tile with a couple more
accent colors.  Lots of fun and the ladies LOVED it !
Cherie Hunt
Urbana, OH
huntabc@ctcn.net

From: "SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n56046h9@.nabble>
To: "Cherie Hunt" <huntabc@>
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 8:06:34 PM
Subject: ADV: Re: SU!: Any Art Projects?

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@

Charlotte (and other Sudsolers) - they’re really easy!  Go for it.  45 minutes.

Pieces are 1-1/4” wide and 12” long.  I just take a pack of DSP, flip the second sheet of each pair of patterns over showing the contrasting side and then start cutting a pile of them at 1-1/4”, trying to keep the patterns in order as I set them aside.  Wrap the strip around the styrofoam form after putting about 4” of Stampin’ Seal on ONE END.  Bring the ends together and squeeze them down to the wreath.  After I get about 8-10 in place I “scooch" them together, overlapping a wee bit and then secure each one in place with a long straight pin, preferably one that has a round tip at the end.  After all are in place I use my snips to cut the flag at the taped end of the strips.  If you have any questions please ask!  Enjoy.  They’re addicting.

~Blythe

On Oct 21, 2020, at 1:50 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56044h31@.nabble> wrote:

clindmeier@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Any%20Art%20Projects?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Any-Art-Projects-tp56037p56044.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h60@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Any-Art-Projects-tp56037p56046.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h76@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Any Art Projects?

grantj
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier
Charlotte Lindmeier wrote

I made something similar to these years ago at a scrapbook day sponsored by a local stamp club. The security guard at my school put 36 of them together to pass out to staff for Halloween. She also made bookmarks from the excess DSP.

Reply | Threaded
|

Blythe Klipple

Wowswers Jan!!!   This is definitely not a NEW idea.  :)

~Blythe

On Oct 21, 2020, at 9:18 PM, SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56049h86@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20Any%20Art%20Projects?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Charlotte Lindmeier wrote

I made something similar to these years ago at a scrapbook day sponsored by a local stamp club. The security guard at my school put 36 of them together to pass out to staff for Halloween. She also made bookmarks from the excess DSP.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Any-Art-Projects-tp56037p56049.html