SWAP NAME: SLB 2021 Fall SAB Card Front Swap
SWAP HOSTESS: Jennie Dietrich/Bobbie Ganley
SWAP DATE: Aug 4th
***we currently only have 8 swappers, would love to get a few more***
REQUIREMENTS: This is for card fronts made from 2021 Fall SAB Items.
• Use anything from the SAB catalog & have that be a prominent part of the swap.
(You may use current annual catalog/holiday catalog stamps to coordinate.)
• Use current SU! products only (no retired product).
• Ask before you use any Non-SU! Embellishments.
• Demonstrator quality work with multiple layers and at least one embellishment preferred.
• Remember we want to showcase these to our customers and use them for ideas so please take your time and create something that you would be proud to display.
• Cards must be labeled with your name and recipe (can be loose on paper inside of cello encased swaps).
• Consider putting your swaps in individual cellos - this protects embellishments during shipment. You can reuse cellos from previous swaps if they are in good shape.
Let us know which stamp sets you are willing to use - 3 choices is helpful.
I will confirm via email each person that has signed up and let them know their assigned set(s)' You will get timely updates/status reports etc. If you're unsure about your swap card, send a picture to the SUDSOL group or the swap coordinator for input, as we're all very willing to help improve each other’s cards.
THE COUNT: 10 + 1. The +1's are mandatory and are sent to the SLB for SUDSOL RAK's (Random Acts of Kindness). I do not keep them. This is a CARD FRONT swap, full cards are not required. (We will keep you updated on participation levels, if you prefer to do less, such as 5 + 1 let me know)
• Enclose your swaps in a large ziploc baggie, labeled with your name/address, swap name, and the quantity +1 cards that you have submitted. Please use a large ziplock baggie even if you put all your swaps in individual cello envelopes. Your return swaps may not all have cello envelopes.
• Each swap card needs to have the entire recipe on it/with it along with the swappers name/contact info.
• Be sure you email me (email@example.com) which stamp set(s) you would like to use and how many you want to make. If you are unsure you can let me know after you decide.
• The preferred size is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Some ladies like to trim off a bit around the card front and layer it on a full card. If the design you come up with can't easily be trimmed (like if you have ribbon wrapped around it or embellishments on the edge, please make your swap slightly smaller so it can be layered.
Please note, not all the swaps are “flat”. If you have swaps that “perfectly” fit in your packaging, the returned swaps may NOT perfectly fit for the return trip. Consider that many swappers use embellishments that make the swaps bulky. If there is not sufficient space for shipping your return swaps, then your swaps may be compressed to get them to fit into your return envelope. Just something to think about when you package your swap to me. The padded priority flat rate envelopes are great for larger or bulky swaps but you can only get them online. I have a good supply of them for return swaps.
All cards submitted will be scanned for the SUDSOL website, so be sure to include your name and the card recipe with each swap.
For your returned swaps, a pre-addressed shipping label is required and priority postage is preferred. (If you are sending me priority postage you don't need to send me the mailer - we get those free from the postal service). You can get padded priority mailers online. They are free but you need to order them and they can take over a week to arrive. Otherwise a self-addressed, stamped mailer along with 2 extra first class stamps must be sent with your swap so that we can return the swap to you. Extra stamps will only be used if needed.
POSTMARK DATE: July 28th. Items not postmarked by this DEADLINE will be returned to the sender unopened if they are not received by the swap-out date of Aug 4th. You must email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) when you have mailed your swaps out.
MAIL BACK DATE: Aug 6th. If they all arrive sooner, We'll swap them out sooner.
*****Should we discover that SU! is still slow in shipping we can extend the due date. At present, we think they are pretty much back to reasonable shipping. If you are worried about shipping times let us know.******
MAIL SWAPS TO:
8506 Blackcastle Dr
San Antonio, TX 78254
|SUDSOL Forum||Edit this page|