pricing retired stamps for resale

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

pricing retired stamps for resale

Cara Bernhauser
I have a ton of product, mostly retired, so need to move it out.

I prefer clear stamps, but before clear stamps I had wooden stamps, and sets going back to 90's.

the 90's stamps have been cared for quite lovingly, and I've used the stamp softener often on them so they are in great shape.

the stamps are no longer in sets, as I grouped them for my use before being a business by topic.

so a discussion, your opinions/experience especially, on two questions:

1) how do you price the re-sale of wooden stamps?
      a) by size? age? by topic? by group? trial and error? other?

2) how do you find the stamps that belong together in a set?

Thanking you in advance, I searched the SUDSOL articles under "pricing retired stamps" but had no returns.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: pricing retired stamps for resale

tinabatori

I've just moved a ton of stamp sets on eBay, and pricing is always an issue.  My stamps were all in sets and were only from the last 4-5 years so that made it easier for me.

I would suggest that, in your case, you group the stamps by theme, such as birthday or flowers or sentiments.  You might also sub-group by design style, such as country or shabby chic.

Good luck!  I was amazed at how high some sets went for and how some that I loved had no interest in them at all.  Those that didn't sell I'm giving to my local artists' recycling center.

Tina Batori
Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
and
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator

(541) 556-7714 cell

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 11:01 AM, SUDSOL [Cara Bernhauser] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n11965h9@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
sewknitter@comcast.net?subject=pricing+retired+stamps+for+resale
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sewknitter@comcast.net

I have a ton of product, mostly retired, so need to move it out.

I prefer clear stamps, but before clear stamps I had wooden stamps, and sets going back to 90's.

the 90's stamps have been cared for quite lovingly, and I've used the stamp softener often on them so they are in great shape.

the stamps are no longer in sets, as I grouped them for my use before being a business by topic.

so a discussion, your opinions/experience especially, on two questions:

1) how do you price the re-sale of wooden stamps?
      a) by size? age? by topic? by group? trial and error? other?

2) how do you find the stamps that belong together in a set?

Thanking you in advance, I searched the SUDSOL articles under "pricing retired stamps" but had no returns.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cara Bernhauser, please change the email address to: sewknitter@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/pricing-retired-stamps-for-resale-tp11965.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h87@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Tina Batori
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Eugene, Oregon
tbatori99@gmail.com
(541) 556-7714