non-SU website and MDS

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

non-SU website and MDS

Diane Harman

One of my customers likes my new blog designs and now is interested in purchasing MDS so she can design her website in MDS.  I was showing her how I made the buttons and banner, and she was real excited about designing her own. I told her that I didn't think she could, that only demos could use MDS for their blog/websites.  She said that didn't seem to make sense. I'm not sure why either.  Then she asked me if I knew what she could use instead.  I really don't know.  She wants something that looks creative like ours.  Anyone know?  Her husband is a musician and they sell his products online and she blogs about it.

Thanks
Diane

Diane Harman
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: non-SU website and MDS

cherylbarclay

Hi,

I use MDS images on my blog. I have a disclaimer about the images being from Stampin up, but blog is not endorsed by Stampin up. 

I was told this was allowed. 

Cheryl Barclay
Www.tangledtape.com

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 31, 2014, at 7:03 PM, "SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n7655h55@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

One of my customers likes my new blog designs and now is interested in purchasing MDS so she can design her website in MDS.  I was showing her how I made the buttons and banner, and she was real excited about designing her own. I told her that I didn't think she could, that only demos could use MDS for their blog/websites.  She said that didn't seem to make sense. I'm not sure why either.  Then she asked me if I knew what she could use instead.  I really don't know.  She wants something that looks creative like ours.  Anyone know?  Her husband is a musician and they sell his products online and she blogs about it.

Thanks
Diane

Diane Harman

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: stampindiane@twc.com
If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.sudsol.org/non-SU-website-and-MDS-tp7655.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h43@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: non-SU website and MDS

Coleen Astalos
As a demo you're allowed to use MDS to create a blog headers because you're advertising/promoting your SU! business.  But it's not allowed for commercial use (which may be the situation with Diane's customer).  You can look up the details in the demo manual on page 32 "My Digital Studio Copyright and Content Usage Policies"

Diane, it wouldn't hurt to call and ask for compliance to get a definitive answer about whether a BLOG header would fall under commercial use since they sell other items on the blog.  If she wasn't selling stuff on her blog, then it probably would be ok since it's for personal creative use.

Coleen
cherylbarclay wrote
Hi,

I use MDS images on my blog. I have a disclaimer about the images being from Stampin up, but blog is not endorsed by Stampin up.

I was told this was allowed.

Cheryl Barclay
Www.tangledtape.com
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member