Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

junk emails

Cindy Hills

Is there another round of spam emails for someone wanting to buy SU
product?  This one is Dorothy Gregory.  She wants to order through
email.  She said she saw my name on the dbws.  But the emails don't
match - the one she sent from and the one I'm suppose to respond to.
So I am assuming this is spam?

thank you, Cindy Hills
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: junk emails

Sandy Jones

It could be spam.  Check the spelling and grammar in the email as the spam ones are usually "off" that way.  But, some people have more than one email address, so it could be legit as well.  Sorry I'm not more help.  Just be cautious.

Sandy

From: Cindy Hills [via What's new at SU!] <ml-node+s1100894n4477h30@.nabble>
To: Sandy Jones [via SUDSOL] <stampinsanjo@>
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 6:53 AM
Subject: SU!: junk emails

Is there another round of spam emails for someone wanting to buy SU
product?  This one is Dorothy Gregory.  She wants to order through
email.  She said she saw my name on the dbws.  But the emails don't
match - the one she sent from and the one I'm suppose to respond to.
So I am assuming this is spam?

thank you, Cindy Hills

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: cindy.hills62@gmail.com
If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.sudsol.org/junk-emails-tp4477.html
To start a new topic under What's new at SU!, email ml-node+s1100894n1663h96@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Spam emails

Sandy Jones
In reply to this post by Cindy Hills

It could be spam.  Check the spelling and grammar in the email as the spam ones are usually "off" that way.  But, some people have more than one email address, so it could be legit as well.  Sorry I'm not more help.  Just be cautious.

Sandy
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Spam emails

Tina Todd

I received an email from a Marguerite Kirkwood.  The grammar / spelling is perfect.  Not anything like the other spam.  She wants to know if I have any on hand as she likes to buy locally & would like to see them. Or does she have to buy online.  I will send a copy of her email when I get to the computer.  I am leary about it.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: ‎1/‎10/‎2014 10:26 AM
To: HavinFunStampin@hotmail.com
Subject: SU!: Spam emails

Sandy

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: stampinsanjo@sbcglobal.net
If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.sudsol.org/junk-emails-tp4477p4479.html
To start a new topic under What's new at SU!, email ml-node+s1100894n1663h64@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: RE: Spam emails

Coleen Astalos

This is probably legit since she wants to buy local. But since we can't "cash & carry" you can offer to meet her at a neutral safe location (like a local coffee shop) to show her the quality of the stamps, but tell her that since you can't cash & carry the stamps they will have to be ordered.  If she places an order, then make sure the payment you get from her clears before you order.  If she likes to deal locally, she probably has a local bank as well. Take the check to HER bank to get funds before you place the order.

Coleen

From: Tina Todd [via What's new at SU!] [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n4482h87@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 9:13 AM
To: Coleen Astalos [via SUDSOL]
Subject: SU!: RE: Spam emails

I received an email from a Marguerite Kirkwood.  The grammar / spelling is perfect.  Not anything like the other spam.  She wants to know if I have any on hand as she likes to buy locally & would like to see them. Or does she have to buy online.  I will send a copy of her email when I get to the computer.  I am leary about it.

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: RE: RE: Spam emails

Sandy Jones

Thank you for responding to Tina. It really should've gone to you, not me.  I think I may have received it because of the one I posted about my emails going to spam after the switch took place.

Sandy

From: Coleen Astalos [via What's new at SU!] <ml-node+s1100894n4484h47@.nabble>
To: Sandy Jones [via SUDSOL] <stampinsanjo@>
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 9:50 AM
Subject: SU!: RE: RE: Spam emails

This is probably legit since she wants to buy local. But since we can't "cash & carry" you can offer to meet her at a neutral safe location (like a local coffee shop) to show her the quality of the stamps, but tell her that since you can't cash & carry the stamps they will have to be ordered.  If she places an order, then make sure the payment you get from her clears before you order.  If she likes to deal locally, she probably has a local bank as well. Take the check to HER bank to get funds before you place the order.
Coleen

From: Tina Todd [via What's new at SU!] [mailto: ml-node+s1100894n4482h87@.nabble ]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 9:13 AM
To: Coleen Astalos [via SUDSOL]
Subject: SU!: RE: Spam emails

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
http://forum.sudsol.org/junk-emails-tp4477p4484.html
To start a new topic under What's new at SU!, email ml-node+s1100894n1663h96@.nabble