iPhone mount for videos, Facebook live, etc

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

iPhone mount for videos, Facebook live, etc

Phyllis Strickland
I have been too busy to get onboard with this, but customers have been asking for virtual classes because they miss our get togethers.  

What Specific equipment do you use with your iPhone that won’t break the bank?  I don’t want to put out a pile of money at this point.

Thanks for your help

Phyllis strickland
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: iPhone mount for videos, Facebook live, etc

Patti Scanlan
Administrator

Check out this SUDSOL Article/Video

http://sudsol.org/member/articles/facebook-live-behind-the-scenes/

From: ml+s1100894n53978h63@.nabble <ml+s1100894n53978h63@.nabble>
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 2:44 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <patti@>
Subject: SU!: iPhone mount for videos, Facebook live, etc

pstrickland@me.com?subject=iPhone%20mount%20for%20videos,%20Facebook%20live,%20etc

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

I have been too busy to get onboard with this, but customers have been asking for virtual classes because they miss our get togethers.  

What Specific equipment do you use with your iPhone that won’t break the bank?  I don’t want to put out a pile of money at this point.

Thanks for your help

Phyllis strickland

Patti Scanlan Fort Peck, Montana
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: iPhone mount for videos, Facebook live, etc

Jeanne Moss
In reply to this post by Phyllis Strickland

If you search PVC video mount on YouTube, you’ll find some inexpensive stands you can build with PVC pipe, which is very inexpensive.  Stampin’ Up! used to have a video where a couple of SU employees made one of these and gave all the measurements, but I can’t seem to find it now.  I used it when I built mine.  The video is either well hidden or it’s been removed from the demo site.

I’ve upgraded to the Arkon stand, and I love it, but it was more expensive.  I think it’s worth it if you plan to make very many videos.   If you lived closer, I would give you my PVC stand!

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@
http://jeannemoss.stampinup.net
www.bluegrassstamper.com

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 12, 2020, at 4:44 PM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n53978h59@.nabble> wrote:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=iPhone mount for videos, Facebook live, etc
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Thanks for your help

Phyllis strickland

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/iPhone-mount-for-videos-Facebook-live-etc-tp53978.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h34@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: iPhone mount for videos, Facebook live, etc

donnab07

I bought the Arkon setup.  In my opinion it is the most user-friendly.  I don’t think the cost is unreasonable.  Janet Wakeland has some really good videos on what pieces to buy and how to use it.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n53978h60@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n53978h60@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 1:44 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: SU!: iPhone mount for videos, Facebook live, etc

pstrickland@me.com?subject=iPhone%20mount%20for%20videos,%20Facebook%20live,%20etc

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

Thanks for your help

Phyllis strickland

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/iPhone-mount-for-videos-Facebook-live-etc-tp53978.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson

1. Facebook Groups now have 'Messenger Rooms' which act like Zoom meetings and everyone uses their device to tune in

2. You can use Zoom for free for about a 50 minutes session

3. Use a stand to Live Broadcast your class and interact with customers via chatting and gaining responses which customers type in. To do this you will need 2 devices which will be used simultaneously

If you decide to order use this code for a discount remarkablycreated (Note: This code only works in the USA)

Note: I tried many setups to do Facebook Live before ordering the Arkon Stand and component bits. They all failed to give me the easy use and flexibility I needed. I do use Zoom and Facebook Messenger Meeting Rooms for Team Meetings and Scrapbook catch-ups with friends and both work well. They are both safe and secure to use.

Hope that helps

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 at 06:44, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n53978h95@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
pstrickland@me.com?subject=iPhone+mount+for+videos,+Facebook+live,+etc

What Specific equipment do you use with your iPhone that won’t break the bank?  I don’t want to put out a pile of money at this point.

Thanks for your help

Phyllis strickland

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com

--
Reply | Threaded
|

grantj

Does anyone use Switcher Studio for their Facebook lives, or to record?

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@

On Jun 12, 2020, at 8:32 PM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n53985h34@.nabble> wrote:

libby.dyson5@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: iPhone mount for videos, Facebook live, etc
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@

1. Facebook Groups now have 'Messenger Rooms' which act like Zoom meetings and everyone uses their device to tune in

3. Use a stand to Live Broadcast your class and interact with customers via chatting and gaining responses which customers type in. To do this you will need 2 devices which will be used simultaneously

If you decide to order use this code for a discount remarkablycreated (Note: This code only works in the USA)

Note: I tried many setups to do Facebook Live before ordering the Arkon Stand and component bits. They all failed to give me the easy use and flexibility I needed. I do use Zoom and Facebook Messenger Meeting Rooms for Team Meetings and Scrapbook catch-ups with friends and both work well. They are both safe and secure to use.

Hope that helps

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 at 06:44, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n53978h95@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

What Specific equipment do you use with your iPhone that won’t break the bank? I don’t want to put out a pile of money at this point.

Thanks for your help

Phyllis strickland

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/iPhone-mount-for-videos-Facebook-live-etc-tp53978p53985.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Peri Beal

I bought two of the Arkon mounts, one that clamps to my table and holds my old iPad aiming facedown to record what I'm making. And a second Arkon holder that attached to a camera tripod that I already had that holds my other iPad as a monitor. 

And I just started using Zoom. I use the recording iPad as the meeting host and the monitor iPad as a guest. I can then see myself as well as see what the recording iPad looks like to my clients. I have the monitor iPad on mute so there's no mic feedback. 

I can extend the zoom meeting longer than the 40 minutes for free by leaving my meeting at around the 38 minute mark and then rejoining the meeting a few minutes later.

Peri

Peri Beal 

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 3:44 PM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n53978h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

What Specific equipment do you use with your iPhone that won’t break the bank?  I don’t want to put out a pile of money at this point.

Thanks for your help

Phyllis strickland

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h18@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson
In reply to this post by grantj

I know a few people here in Australia who use the paid version. I have Android so can't use it

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 at 11:38, SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n53987h74@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+iPhone+mount+for+videos,+Facebook+live,+etc
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Does anyone use Switcher Studio for their Facebook lives, or to record?

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@

On Jun 12, 2020, at 8:32 PM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n53985h34@.nabble> wrote:

libby.dyson5@...?subject=Re: SU!: iPhone mount for videos, Facebook live, etc
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@

If you decide to order use this code for a discount remarkablycreated (Note: This code only works in the USA)

Hope that helps

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 at 06:44, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n53978h95@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
pstrickland@...?subject=iPhone+mount+for+videos,+Facebook+live,+etc

What Specific equipment do you use with your iPhone that won’t break the bank? I don’t want to put out a pile of money at this point.

Thanks for your help

Phyllis strickland

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/iPhone-mount-for-videos-Facebook-live-etc-tp53978p53985.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/iPhone-mount-for-videos-Facebook-live-etc-tp53978p53987.html

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson
In reply to this post by Peri Beal

Oh, thanks for the tip on Zoom. I'll try that next time as 40 minutes doesn't leave much time for a chat

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 at 11:59, SUDSOL [Peri Beal] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n53988h5@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
madhousedog@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+iPhone+mount+for+videos,+Facebook+live,+etc
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: madhousedog@gmail.com

I bought two of the Arkon mounts, one that clamps to my table and holds my old iPad aiming facedown to record what I'm making. And a second Arkon holder that attached to a camera tripod that I already had that holds my other iPad as a monitor.

And I just started using Zoom. I use the recording iPad as the meeting host and the monitor iPad as a guest. I can then see myself as well as see what the recording iPad looks like to my clients. I have the monitor iPad on mute so there's no mic feedback.

I can extend the zoom meeting longer than the 40 minutes for free by leaving my meeting at around the 38 minute mark and then rejoining the meeting a few minutes later.

Peri

Peri Beal

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 3:44 PM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n53978h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
pstrickland@...?subject=iPhone+mount+for+videos,+Facebook+live,+etc

Thanks for your help

Phyllis strickland

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h18@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Peri Beal, please change the email address to: madhousedog@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/iPhone-mount-for-videos-Facebook-live-etc-tp53978p53988.html

--