heat tool incident

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

heat tool incident

Deena Boos
Today I came into my house, and my dogs greeted me at the door. I heard a very loud sound, so I followed it upstairs to find my heat tool running on my carpet! One of my dogs had knocked it onto the floor, which triggered the on switch, probably just as I arrived home. Luckily it didn’t happen earlier, as I’m sure it could have started a fire. I won’t be leaving that plugged in anymore! I thought I would share this story with you all, because I’m sure there are some of you with cats and/or dogs that may camp around your stamping supplies. I would have never guessed that would have happened, and I’m so thankful there was no damage!

Deena Boos
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: heat tool incident

Connie Babbert

How scary, Deena!  So glad you were home to find it so quickly!  You are the second person that I've heard this happen to...her cat knocked her's over.  After that, I made sure to unplug it each and every time.  In fact, I now store it in a cupboard between uses.

 

 

*********************************

Connie R. Babbert

Stampin' Up! Manager

Order Online 24/7 @ www.iluvstamping.stampinup.net

My INKspired Treasures Blog @ www.inkspiredtreasures.com

 

ValentineEditionBadgesmall.jpg

Sign up TODAY for the Create with Connie and Mary Special Valentine MINI Session starting December 26th!  Only $5.95 US for FOUR projects...two card sets and two 3D type projects with step-by-step PHOTO tutorials!

 

 

 

 

 

From: Deena Boos [via Product Q&As] [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n3423h20@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 9:35 PM
To: Connie Babbert
Subject: SU!: heat tool incident

 

Today I came into my house, and my dogs greeted me at the door. I heard a very loud sound, so I followed it upstairs to find my heat tool running on my carpet! One of my dogs had knocked it onto the floor, which triggered the on switch, probably just as I arrived home. Luckily it didn’t happen earlier, as I’m sure it could have started a fire. I won’t be leaving that plugged in anymore! I thought I would share this story with you all, because I’m sure there are some of you with cats and/or dogs that may camp around your stamping supplies. I would have never guessed that would have happened, and I’m so thankful there was no damage!

Deena Boos


If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: dboos@nc.rr.com

If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.sudsol.org/heat-tool-incident-tp3423.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h81@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: heat tool incident

Robin Messenheimer
In reply to this post by Deena Boos

Oh, my!  My dog did the very same thing last month!  The dog and cat were fussing with each other and the dog managed to catch the cord and the heat tool fell to the floor and immediately turned on.  Thank heavens I was right there!  I thought this was a fluke.  Now that I read of another such incident, I think that perhaps SU should be notified (I will do that) to see if there isn’t some kind of design adjustment that could be made.  Oh, and now I’ve moved the cord from in front of my work area to the back AND I keep the thing unplugged except during embossing sessions.

 

Thanks for the story.  I thought mine was too stupid to report about, but now I realize it wasn’t.

 

Robin

 

Robin Messenheimer

Pahoa, Hawai'i

http://robinscraftroom.com

 

From: Deena Boos [via Product Q&As] [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n3423h82@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 4:35 PM
To: Robin Messenheimer
Subject: SU!: heat tool incident

 

Today I came into my house, and my dogs greeted me at the door. I heard a very loud sound, so I followed it upstairs to find my heat tool running on my carpet! One of my dogs had knocked it onto the floor, which triggered the on switch, probably just as I arrived home. Luckily it didn’t happen earlier, as I’m sure it could have started a fire. I won’t be leaving that plugged in anymore! I thought I would share this story with you all, because I’m sure there are some of you with cats and/or dogs that may camp around your stamping supplies. I would have never guessed that would have happened, and I’m so thankful there was no damage!

Deena Boos


If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: dboos@nc.rr.com

If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.sudsol.org/heat-tool-incident-tp3423.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h43@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: RE: heat tool incident

Darlene Oudette
In reply to this post by Deena Boos

I never leave the heat gun plugged in ... have animals and it's just not safe as
all of the brands turn on easily the cat could walk across the table and trigger
it to go on and with all the paper around ...


On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 1:27 AM, Robin Messenheimer [via Product Q&As] <ml-node+s1100894n3443h36@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Oh, my!  My dog did the very same thing last month!  The dog and cat were fussing with each other and the dog managed to catch the cord and the heat tool fell to the floor and immediately turned on.  Thank heavens I was right there!  I thought this was a fluke.  Now that I read of another such incident, I think that perhaps SU should be notified (I will do that) to see if there isn’t some kind of design adjustment that could be made.  Oh, and now I’ve moved the cord from in front of my work area to the back AND I keep the thing unplugged except during embossing sessions.

 

Thanks for the story.  I thought mine was too stupid to report about, but now I realize it wasn’t.

 

Robin

 

Robin Messenheimer

Pahoa, Hawai'i

http://robinscraftroom.com

 

From: Deena Boos [via Product Q&As] [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n3423h82@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 4:35 PM
To: Robin Messenheimer
Subject: SU!: heat tool incident

 

Today I came into my house, and my dogs greeted me at the door. I heard a very loud sound, so I followed it upstairs to find my heat tool running on my carpet! One of my dogs had knocked it onto the floor, which triggered the on switch, probably just as I arrived home. Luckily it didn’t happen earlier, as I’m sure it could have started a fire. I won’t be leaving that plugged in anymore! I thought I would share this story with you all, because I’m sure there are some of you with cats and/or dogs that may camp around your stamping supplies. I would have never guessed that would have happened, and I’m so thankful there was no damage!

Deena Boos


If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: dboos@nc.rr.com

If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.sudsol.org/heat-tool-incident-tp3423.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h43@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Robin Messenheimer SUDSOL CASE Challenge Coordinator


If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net
If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.sudsol.org/heat-tool-incident-tp3423p3443.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h77@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: RE: heat tool incident

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Deena Boos

Years ago I heard about this happening to fellow stampers who are pet owners and/ or have toddlers.  I started keeping my heat gun unplugged.

Happy Stampin'~


"Robin Messenheimer [via Product Q&As]"