can someone explain something for me

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

can someone explain something for me

Tanya Stottlemire

Ok, so I have had my son and grandpa both at the hospital this week and they kept my grandpa. He is home now, and apparently I picked up something while there so much because I am horribly sick and have a fever. However I had a friend just message me to order. Since I am way short of my minimums this quarter I told her I would give her my discount. I know we shouldn't but I really can't afford to order right now. Anyway, her order is 40.43 (not as high as I hoped and no she didn't want any sab items, :( )  on both my calculator and paypal my discount is 8.09. SU says that also. I added shipping and tax on shipping and both I and paypal get 42.138.  SU is saying 42.73?  $39.29 (total with shipping after discount plus 7.25% is 42.13????  Am I missing something?

Customer Totals

Order Totals
Item Count
Total Merch Amt
$40.43
Instant Income*
$8.09
Shipping/Handling
$6.95
Sales Tax 7.2500%
$3.44
Hostess Additional Due
$0.00
Total Due
$42.73

Customer Payments
$0.00
Demonstrator to Submit
$42.73

Instant Income by Direct Deposit
$0.00

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: can someone explain something for me

Diane Gardner

You need to figure the shipping and tax on the original amount not the amount with discount. I don't have my calculator with me but I think that is your problem.

Diane Gardner
Sr Supervisor Stampin Up

On Mar 27, 2015, at 11:39 PM, "SUDSOL [Tanya Stottlemire] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n18949h62@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

t_stottlemire@sbcglobal.net?subject=can someone explain something for me
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: t_stottlemire@sbcglobal.net

Ok, so I have had my son and grandpa both at the hospital this week and they kept my grandpa. He is home now, and apparently I picked up something while there so much because I am horribly sick and have a fever. However I had a friend just message me to order. Since I am way short of my minimums this quarter I told her I would give her my discount. I know we shouldn't but I really can't afford to order right now. Anyway, her order is 40.43 (not as high as I hoped and no she didn't want any sab items, :( )  on both my calculator and paypal my discount is 8.09. SU says that also. I added shipping and tax on shipping and both I and paypal get 42.138.  SU is saying 42.73?  $39.29 (total with shipping after discount plus 7.25% is 42.13????  Am I missing something?

Customer Totals

Order Totals
Item Count
Total Merch Amt
$40.43
Instant Income*
$8.09
Shipping/Handling
$6.95
Sales Tax 7.2500%
$3.44
Hostess Additional Due
$0.00
Total Due
$42.73

Customer Payments
$0.00
Demonstrator to Submit
$42.73

$0.00

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Tanya Stottlemire, please change the email address to: t_stottlemire@sbcglobal.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/can-someone-explain-something-for-me-tp18949.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h36@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: can someone explain something for me

Lisa Stokes
In reply to this post by Tanya Stottlemire

Also in some states you pay tax on shipping. Add the minimum shipping charge of 6.95 to the discounted amount then sub total then calculate the tax on that. I don't think it's fair but that's how it's done in Texas. 

Lisa Stokes 
Stampin in Rosenberg Tx 

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: "SUDSOL [Tanya Stottlemire] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n18949h91@.nabble>
Date:03/27/2015 10:39 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: SUDSOL Group <lisa.stokes@>
Cc:
Subject: SU!: can someone explain something for me

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: t_stottlemire@

Customer Totals

Order Totals
Item Count
Total Merch Amt
$40.43
Instant Income*
$8.09
Shipping/Handling
$6.95
Sales Tax 7.2500%
$3.44
Hostess Additional Due
$0.00
Total Due
$42.73

Customer Payments
$0.00
Demonstrator to Submit
$42.73

$0.00

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Tanya Stottlemire, please change the email address to: t_stottlemire@sbcglobal.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/can-someone-explain-something-for-me-tp18949.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h65@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Tanya Stottlemire

yes we pay tax on shipping and I had that, but it was the doing it on the discounted amount that messed me up. Thanks.  I knew there had to be a reason but I feel awful and just could not think of what it was 
On Mar 28, 2015, at 12:07 AM, SUDSOL [Lisa Stokes] via Business Talk wrote:

lisa.stokes@outlook.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20can%20someone%20explain%20something%20for%20me
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lisa.stokes@outlook.com

Also in some states you pay tax on shipping. Add the minimum shipping charge of 6.95 to the discounted amount then sub total then calculate the tax on that. I don't think it's fair but that's how it's done in Texas. 

Lisa Stokes 
Stampin in Rosenberg Tx 

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: "SUDSOL [Tanya Stottlemire] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n18949h91@.nabble>
Date:03/27/2015 10:39 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: SUDSOL Group <lisa.stokes@>
Cc:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: t_stottlemire@

Customer Totals

Order Totals
Item Count
Total Merch Amt
$40.43
Instant Income*
$8.09
Shipping/Handling
$6.95
Sales Tax 7.2500%
$3.44
Hostess Additional Due
$0.00
Total Due
$42.73

Customer Payments
$0.00
Demonstrator to Submit
$42.73

$0.00

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h65@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, <a href="x-msg://100/" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lisa Stokes, please change the email address to: lisa.stokes@outlook.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/can-someone-explain-something-for-me-tp18949p18952.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h2@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: can someone explain something for me

nshopis
In reply to this post by Tanya Stottlemire

Some states tax shipping. That might be the difference.

Nicki Shopis
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator

-------- Original Message --------
<ml-node+s1100894n18949h70@n5.nabble.com>
Date: Fri, March 27, 2015 11:39 pm
To: SUDSOL Group <nicki@inkpaperstamp.com>

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: t_stottlemire@sbcglobal.net

Some states tax shipping. Do the tax including shipping. That might be the difference.Ok, so I have had my son and grandpa both at the hospital this week and they kept my grandpa. He is home now, and apparently I picked up something while there so much because I am horribly sick and have a fever. However I had a friend just message me to order. Since I am way short of my minimums this quarter I told her I would give her my discount. I know we shouldn't but I really can't afford to order right now. Anyway, her order is 40.43 (not as high as I hoped and no she didn't want any sab items, :( )  on both my calculator and paypal my discount is 8.09. SU says that also. I added shipping and tax on shipping and both I and paypal get 42.138.  SU is saying 42.73?  $39.29 (total with shipping after discount plus 7.25% is 42.13????  Am I missing something?

Customer Totals

Order Totals
Item Count
Total Merch Amt
$40.43
Instant Income*
$8.09
Shipping/Handling
$6.95
Sales Tax 7.2500%
$3.44
Hostess Additional Due
$0.00
Total Due
$42.73

Customer Payments
$0.00
Demonstrator to Submit
$42.73

$0.00

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h44@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Debbie Dutchess

They figured the tax on the merchandise amount before the discount.

40.43 + 6.95 (shipping) = 47.38
47.38 x 7.25% (tax) = 3.44

Then ~

32.34 (discount amount) + 6.95 = 39.29
39.29 + 3.44 = 42.73

We have to pay tax on the full amount.

Debbie Dutchess
Carmel, In

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [nshopis] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19006h25@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <DeeLeeD@>
Sent: Mon, Mar 30, 2015 11:09 am
Subject: Re: SU!: can someone explain something for me

nicki@inkpaperstamp.com?subject=RE: SU!: can someone explain something for me
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: nicki@inkpaperstamp.com

Some states tax shipping. That might be the difference.

Nicki Shopis
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator

-------- Original Message --------
<ml-node+s1100894n18949h70@n5.nabble.com>
Date: Fri, March 27, 2015 11:39 pm
To: SUDSOL Group <nicki@inkpaperstamp.com>

Some states tax shipping. Do the tax including shipping. That might be the difference.Ok, so I have had my son and grandpa both at the hospital this week and they kept my grandpa. He is home now, and apparently I picked up something while there so much because I am horribly sick and have a fever. However I had a friend just message me to order. Since I am way short of my minimums this quarter I told her I would give her my discount. I know we shouldn't but I really can't afford to order right now. Anyway, her order is 40.43 (not as high as I hoped and no she didn't want any sab items, :( )  on both my calculator and paypal my discount is 8.09. SU says that also. I added shipping and tax on shipping and both I and paypal get 42.138.  SU is saying 42.73?  $39.29 (total with shipping after discount plus 7.25% is 42.13????  Am I missing something?

Customer Totals

Order Totals
Item Count
Total Merch Amt
$40.43
Instant Income*
$8.09
Shipping/Handling
$6.95
Sales Tax 7.2500%
$3.44
Hostess Additional Due
$0.00
Total Due
$42.73

Customer Payments
$0.00
Demonstrator to Submit
$42.73

$0.00

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h44@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, <a target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="about:blank">click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to nshopis, please change the email address to: nicki@inkpaperstamp.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/can-someone-explain-something-for-me-tp18949p19006.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h32@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.