classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Your Favorite Technique?

Charlotte Lindmeier
Our Question this week is:
When making cards, what is your favorite technique?

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Your Favorite Technique?

davism

My favorite technique is coloring. Either with blends or our pencils. Mary Davis

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 2:32 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n52213h83@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Your+Favorite+Technique?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Your-Favorite-Technique-tp52213.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h73@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Mary Davis, senior supervisor
Stampin' in the Finger Lakes
2011 featured sewer at Convention
mdavis74@rochester.rr.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Janette Clark

I just love the “Ink on acrylic block” technique. 😁. I am using this in my “Stamping From a Distance” Kit Class this weekend while we are all self-isolating. Cheers Janette

Janette Clark
Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
Sent from my iPad

On 25 Mar 2020, at 5:08 pm, SUDSOL [davism] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52214h41@.nabble> wrote:

marycovertdavis73@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Your Favorite Technique?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: marycovertdavis73@

My favorite technique is coloring. Either with blends or our pencils. Mary Davis

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 2:32 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n52213h83@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Your-Favorite-Technique-tp52213.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h73@n7.nabble.com
mdavis74@.rr

If you want the reply to go ONLY to davism, please change the email address to: marycovertdavis73@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Your-Favorite-Technique-tp52213p52214.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h0@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Gardner
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

My favorite technique is hear embossing. I always get that Wow feeling when it is heating up. 

Diane Gardner
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
www.dianegardner.stampinup.net

On Mar 25, 2020, at 2:32 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52213h46@.nabble> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Your Favorite Technique?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h36@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Gardner

Sorry I can’t seem to hit the correct keys. That’s heat embossing!

Diane Gardner

On Mar 25, 2020, at 5:24 AM, SUDSOL [Diane Gardner] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52216h39@.nabble> wrote:

dggard@bellsouth.net?subject=Re: SU!: Your Favorite Technique?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: dggard@

My favorite technique is hear embossing. I always get that Wow feeling when it is heating up. 

Diane Gardner

On Mar 25, 2020, at 2:32 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52213h46@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Gardner, please change the email address to: dggard@bellsouth.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Your-Favorite-Technique-tp52213p52216.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

My favorite technique is masking.  There are so many different things you can do with it.

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
270-307-1230
www.bluegrassstamper.com

On Mar 25, 2020, at 2:32 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52213h44@.nabble> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h34@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

lkiers

My favourite technique is heat embossing and using embossing folders. Both add so much to the finished card.

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 25, 2020, at 8:36 AM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52218h76@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

stampingal@live.com?subject=Re: SU!: Your Favorite Technique?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@live.com

My favorite technique is masking.  There are so many different things you can do with it.

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
270-307-1230

On Mar 25, 2020, at 2:32 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52213h44@.nabble> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Your-Favorite-Technique-tp52213p52218.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h11@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Beth Schreiber

My favorite technique is embossing...be it using a folder or stylus or heat embossing, it can add so much texture and depth to a project

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 25, 2020, at 2:32 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52213h78@.nabble> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h68@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Occhipinti

Embossing of any kind...folders, dry with stylus, heat with powders. It just adds that extra 'oomph' to a project!

Chris Occhipinti
Olympia WA

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application

-----Original Message-----

To: cho1888@
Sent: 2020-03-24 11:32:55 PM
Subject: SU!: Your Favorite Technique?

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h81@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Carolyn Jackson

My favorite technique is the next new one that I didn’t really understand but persevered through with help from other demos! For example, I am about to give the Bendi card technique a try. I have sought help from the usual resources and know it will be fine!

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 11:13 AM SUDSOL [Chris Occhipinti] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n52222h9@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
cho1888@comcast.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+Your+Favorite+Technique?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cho1888@comcast.net

Embossing of any kind...folders, dry with stylus, heat with powders. It just adds that extra 'oomph' to a project!

Chris Occhipinti
Olympia WA

clindmeier@...?subject=Your Favorite Technique?

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Chris Occhipinti, please change the email address to: cho1888@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Your-Favorite-Technique-tp52213p52222.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h20@n7.nabble.com
--

Carolyn

Carolyn R. Jackson

Independent Stampin’ Up Demonstrator

http://carolynjackson.stampinup.net

crj@woh.rr.comarolyn.jackson.1114@gmail.com

937-307-4582

LIKE me on Facebook: Carolyn’s Creations

https://www.facebook.com/Carolyns-Creations-643171632491266/

Reply | Threaded
|

coatess

I love all the techniques but especially anything 3D 

Sent from Sharri Coates

On Mar 25, 2020, at 12:30, SUDSOL [Carolyn Jackson] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52223h33@.nabble> wrote:

carolyn.jackson.1114@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Your Favorite Technique?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: carolyn.jackson.1114@

My favorite technique is the next new one that I didn’t really understand but persevered through with help from other demos! For example, I am about to give the Bendi card technique a try. I have sought help from the usual resources and know it will be fine!

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 11:13 AM SUDSOL [Chris Occhipinti] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n52222h9@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
cho1888@comcast.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+Your+Favorite+Technique?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cho1888@comcast.net

Chris Occhipinti
Olympia WA

clindmeier@...?subject=Your Favorite Technique?

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Chris Occhipinti, please change the email address to: cho1888@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Your-Favorite-Technique-tp52213p52222.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h20@n7.nabble.com
--

Carolyn

Carolyn R. Jackson

Independent Stampin’ Up Demonstrator

http://carolynjackson.stampinup.net

crj@woh.rr.comarolyn.jackson.1114@gmail.com

937-307-4582

LIKE me on Facebook: Carolyn’s Creations

https://www.facebook.com/Carolyns-Creations-643171632491266/

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Carolyn Jackson, please change the email address to: carolyn.jackson.1114@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Your-Favorite-Technique-tp52213p52223.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h13@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Your Favorite Technique?

Lois Folla
In reply to this post by Beth Schreiber

I love two step stamping, especially now with the Stamparatus Tool.

Lois Folla

From: ml+s1100894n52221h67@.nabble <ml+s1100894n52221h67@.nabble>
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 11:09 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <lois@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Your Favorite Technique?

teach57123@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Your%20Favorite%20Technique?

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: teach57123@yahoo.com

My favorite technique is embossing...be it using a folder or stylus or heat embossing, it can add so much texture and depth to a project

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 25, 2020, at 2:32 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52213h78@.nabble> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h68@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Beth Schreiber, please change the email address to: teach57123@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Your-Favorite-Technique-tp52213p52221.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h9@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

grantj
In reply to this post by Jeanne Moss

My favorite, the one I use the most, is using the embossing folders.

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@

On Mar 25, 2020, at 7:36 AM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52218h57@.nabble> wrote:

stampingal@live.com?subject=Re: SU!: Your Favorite Technique?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
270-307-1230
www.bluegrassstamper.com

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Your-Favorite-Technique-tp52213p52218.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Your Favorite Technique?

Char Stiehl

I like fun-folds.  I the next few days I am going to try a triple easel card.  

Maybe fun folds isn’t  a technique so I would agree with others that embossing folders are the greatest. 

I teach a Papercrafting Basics set of classes for an Adult Ed in my community, after the first really basic class, I feature embossing folders.  They are relatively inexpensive and are quite versatile.  I show that the positive and negative, inking either of those side and come up with some fun results. 

From: ml+s1100894n52213h21@.nabble <ml+s1100894n52213h21@.nabble>
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 11:33 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <chars@>

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Your%20Favorite%20Technique?

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h11@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07

Dry embossing.  It adds so much to a project.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n52213h45@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n52213h45@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 11:33 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Blythe Klipple

Wow. What a great bunch of answers.  Stamping alone offers so many fun techniques!  But I’ll vote for the embossing folders.  So very versatile.  (I see lots of blog post ideas coming up ladies.  Great while isolating.)

~Blythe

On Mar 25, 2020, at 12:32 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52213h70@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h60@n7.nabble.com

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

Robin Messenheimer

I’ve been enjoying coloring with Stampin’ Blends. As I look at the dozens of cards I’ve made lately, most of them have coloring. It’s so relaxing.

Robin

From: ml+s1100894n52213h72@.nabble <ml+s1100894n52213h72@.nabble>
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:33 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <rmessenheimer@>

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h62@n7.nabble.com

Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Erickson
In reply to this post by Janette Clark

My favorite technique is heat embossing with a dry embossing with the embossing folders close behind.

Sue Erickson

On Mar 25, 2020, at 12:16 AM, SUDSOL [Janette Clark] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52215h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

granette56@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Your%20Favorite%20Technique?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: granette56@gmail.com

I just love the “Ink on acrylic block” technique. 😁. I am using this in my “Stamping From a Distance” Kit Class this weekend while we are all self-isolating. Cheers Janette

Janette Clark
Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
Sent from my iPad

On 25 Mar 2020, at 5:08 pm, SUDSOL [davism] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52214h41@.nabble> wrote:

marycovertdavis73@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Your Favorite Technique?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: marycovertdavis73@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

mdavis74@.rr

If you want the reply to go ONLY to davism, please change the email address to: marycovertdavis73@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Your-Favorite-Technique-tp52213p52214.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h0@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Janette Clark, please change the email address to: granette56@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Your-Favorite-Technique-tp52213p52215.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h71@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Shelly Neely

My favorite technique is the Dryer Sheet technique.  Absolutely stunning for Christmas cards.

Shelly Neely

From: SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52213h76@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <morten17@>
Sent: Wed, Mar 25, 2020 2:32 am

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h66@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

joyce pacer

Why don't you do that for our Techniques A-Z program ?  D is one of the techniques we will be working on in April and nobody has spoken for the dryer sheet technique.  All you need to do is have a picture of a card with a current stamp set and write up simple directions for the technique.  Then send the document with the direction and a picture to Jeanne Walsh.  She does the rest.

Joyce
On March 27, 2020 at 8:22 PM "SUDSOL [Shelly Neely] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n52269h53@.nabble> wrote:

morten17@aol.com?subject=Re: SU!: Your Favorite Technique?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: morten17@

My favorite technique is the Dryer Sheet technique.  Absolutely stunning for Christmas cards.

Shelly Neely

From: SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n52213h76@.nabble >
To: SUDSOL Group < morten17@ >
Sent: Wed, Mar 25, 2020 2:32 am

clindmeier@?subject=Your Favorite Technique?

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h66@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Shelly Neely, please change the email address to: morten17@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Your-Favorite-Technique-tp52213p52269.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h7@.nabble

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat