World Card Making Day Hope You Had a Great Time

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

World Card Making Day Hope You Had a Great Time

Charlotte Lindmeier
No one responded with ideas for the day but I'm pretty sure that was my fault.  I should have asked that question earlier.  Hope you all had a successful day.  I was going to do a Zoom event for my card class but one of the ladies has Covid so I'm hoping to do it later in the month if she feels up to it.  We haven't met as a class since February so I want to do it with the whole group so we can chat and have a good time together.  I have done challenges etc. with them but was looking forward to this.  I will do it, just later.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: World Card Making Day Hope You Had a Great Time

Jeanne Moss

I really hated that I didn’t get to do anything for WCMD, but we are packing and putting some things in storage (mostly my crap.....I mean craft........stuff) so we can list our house.  

I hope everyone got to find some time to make a card.

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com
Join Bluegrass Stampers on FB

On Oct 4, 2020, at 2:13 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n55776h97@.nabble> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=World Card Making Day Hope You Had a Great Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

No one responded with ideas for the day but I'm pretty sure that was my fault.  I should have asked that question earlier.  Hope you all had a successful day.  I was going to do a Zoom event for my card class but one of the ladies has Covid so I'm hoping to do it later in the month if she feels up to it.  We haven't met as a class since February so I want to do it with the whole group so we can chat and have a good time together.  I have done challenges etc. with them but was looking forward to this.  I will do it, just later.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/World-Card-Making-Day-Hope-You-Had-a-Great-Time-tp55776.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h34@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

World Card Making Day

Kim Innis
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

20201003_195350~2.jpg (1M) Download Attachment

I did a Zoom class for WCMD.  Unfortunately,  I had only one person stamping with me, but we had a great time.  I have attached the card we made

Kim Innis
kkinnis12@gmail.com
513-703-9053

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020, 2:13 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n55776h34@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=World+Card+Making+Day+Hope+You+Had+a+Great+Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

No one responded with ideas for the day but I'm pretty sure that was my fault.  I should have asked that question earlier.  Hope you all had a successful day.  I was going to do a Zoom event for my card class but one of the ladies has Covid so I'm hoping to do it later in the month if she feels up to it.  We haven't met as a class since February so I want to do it with the whole group so we can chat and have a good time together.  I have done challenges etc. with them but was looking forward to this.  I will do it, just later.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/World-Card-Making-Day-Hope-You-Had-a-Great-Time-tp55776.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h71@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Kim Innis
kkinnis12@gmail.com
513-703-9053
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: World Card Making Day

Jeanne Moss

Beautiful, Kim!

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com

On Oct 4, 2020, at 5:21 PM, SUDSOL [Kim Innis] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n55782h83@.nabble> wrote:

kkinnis12@gmail.com?subject=World Card Making Day
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kkinnis12@

I did a Zoom class for WCMD. Unfortunately, I had only one person stamping with me, but we had a great time. I have attached the card we made

Kim Innis
kkinnis12@gmail.com
513-703-9053

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020, 2:13 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n55776h34@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=World+Card+Making+Day+Hope+You+Had+a+Great+Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

No one responded with ideas for the day but I'm pretty sure that was my fault. I should have asked that question earlier. Hope you all had a successful day. I was going to do a Zoom event for my card class but one of the ladies has Covid so I'm hoping to do it later in the month if she feels up to it. We haven't met as a class since February so I want to do it with the whole group so we can chat and have a good time together. I have done challenges etc. with them but was looking forward to this. I will do it, just later.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/World-Card-Making-Day-Hope-You-Had-a-Great-Time-tp55776.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h71@n7.nabble.com

Kim Innis
kkinnis12@gmail.com
513-703-9053

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kim Innis, please change the email address to: kkinnis12@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/World-Card-Making-Day-Hope-You-Had-a-Great-Time-tp55776p55782.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: World Card Making Day

Kim Innis

Thanks, Jeanne

Kim Innis
kkinnis12@gmail.com
513-703-9053

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020, 7:24 PM SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n55783h51@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
stampingal@live.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+World+Card+Making+Day
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@live.com

Beautiful, Kim!

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@

On Oct 4, 2020, at 5:21 PM, SUDSOL [Kim Innis] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n55782h83@.nabble> wrote:

kkinnis12@...?subject=World Card Making Day
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kkinnis12@

I did a Zoom class for WCMD. Unfortunately, I had only one person stamping with me, but we had a great time. I have attached the card we made

Kim Innis
kkinnis12@gmail.com
513-703-9053

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020, 2:13 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n55776h34@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@...?subject=World+Card+Making+Day+Hope+You+Had+a+Great+Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

No one responded with ideas for the day but I'm pretty sure that was my fault. I should have asked that question earlier. Hope you all had a successful day. I was going to do a Zoom event for my card class but one of the ladies has Covid so I'm hoping to do it later in the month if she feels up to it. We haven't met as a class since February so I want to do it with the whole group so we can chat and have a good time together. I have done challenges etc. with them but was looking forward to this. I will do it, just later.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h71@n7.nabble.com

Kim Innis
kkinnis12@gmail.com
513-703-9053

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kim Innis, please change the email address to: kkinnis12@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/World-Card-Making-Day-Hope-You-Had-a-Great-Time-tp55776p55782.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/World-Card-Making-Day-Hope-You-Had-a-Great-Time-tp55776p55783.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h71@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: World Card Making Day Hope You Had a Great Time

Robin Messenheimer
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

Rather than have my own World Card Making Day event, I attended one held by a demonstrator on O’ahu, Cindy Baughman, and one of her friends/downline in Virginia, Laura DuBois. They had four sessions during the day. That’s a 6-hour time difference, so it was bedtime at Laura’s before the day was over!

In the one I attended live there was a mystery card. We were given a list of supplies to have ready at the beginning. This included white or vanilla cardstock, along with pieces of one color of cardstock (we chose the color) with the measurements to cut it. We had to have one piece embossed and we had to have a stamp set and ink (to coordinate with the color cardstock we chose), and embellishments. The stamp set that was the theme of the day was Poinsettia Petals, but we could use any stamp set we wished. If we were using the poinsettia dies, we had to have all the pieces cut out of the one color of cardstock that we’d chosen. Cindy then gave us general instructions step by step, and at the end many of us shared the card that we had made with the instructions. They were all so different, and we had a ton of fun.  This is my card.

A close up of text on a white background

Description automatically generated

Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt

That’s really nice Robin!   I love poinsettias, but get tired of so much red and
Green at Christmas.  Great idea.  Glad you had so much fun.  

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 4, 2020, at 9:03 PM, SUDSOL [Robin Messenheimer] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n55785h81@.nabble> wrote:

rmessenheimer@gmail.com?subject=RE: World Card Making Day Hope You Had a Great Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@

Rather than have my own World Card Making Day event, I attended one held by a demonstrator on O’ahu, Cindy Baughman, and one of her friends/downline in Virginia, Laura DuBois. They had four sessions during the day. That’s a 6-hour time difference, so it was bedtime at Laura’s before the day was over!

In the one I attended live there was a mystery card. We were given a list of supplies to have ready at the beginning. This included white or vanilla cardstock, along with pieces of one color of cardstock (we chose the color) with the measurements to cut it. We had to have one piece embossed and we had to have a stamp set and ink (to coordinate with the color cardstock we chose), and embellishments. The stamp set that was the theme of the day was Poinsettia Petals, but we could use any stamp set we wished. If we were using the poinsettia dies, we had to have all the pieces cut out of the one color of cardstock that we’d chosen. Cindy then gave us general instructions step by step, and at the end many of us shared the card that we had made with the instructions. They were all so different, and we had a ton of fun.  This is my card.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/World-Card-Making-Day-Hope-You-Had-a-Great-Time-tp55776p55785.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h39@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Robin Messenheimer

Very nice, Robin! Sounds like it was fun.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

Blog:  Coming Soon!!!

On Oct 5, 2020, at 11:03 AM, SUDSOL [Robin Messenheimer] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n55785h67@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

rmessenheimer@gmail.com?subject=RE: World Card Making Day Hope You Had a Great Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@gmail.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/World-Card-Making-Day-Hope-You-Had-a-Great-Time-tp55776p55785.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Blythe Klipple
In reply to this post by Jeanne Moss

I’m having an Open House from 10-4 tomorrow where stampers can make a card, address it and drop it in the mail box across the street on their way home. I finally used the Boho Indigo product medley and made 15 samples and then packets yesterday. That medley is addictive!! I haven’t photographed the cards yet but will and then YES I’ll post them on SUDSOL. 

-Blythe  
Http://www.StampingWithBlythe.com
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 4, 2020, at 6:16 AM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n55777h54@.nabble> wrote:

stampingal@live.com?subject=Re: SU!: World Card Making Day Hope You Had a Great Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@

I really hated that I didn’t get to do anything for WCMD, but we are packing and putting some things in storage (mostly my crap.....I mean craft........stuff) so we can list our house.  

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com

On Oct 4, 2020, at 2:13 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n55776h97@.nabble> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=World Card Making Day Hope You Had a Great Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/World-Card-Making-Day-Hope-You-Had-a-Great-Time-tp55776p55777.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h60@.nabble
Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

Penny Nelson

I had one of my team members come over and we spent the day making cards.  She worked on Paper Pumpkin kits a n d I made sympathy cards.  It was so good to have another person to laugh with and craft with.

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020, 9:11 AM SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n55797h64@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
blythek@mac.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+World+Card+Making+Day+Hope+You+Had+a+Great+Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

I’m having an Open House from 10-4 tomorrow where stampers can make a card, address it and drop it in the mail box across the street on their way home. I finally used the Boho Indigo product medley and made 15 samples and then packets yesterday. That medley is addictive!! I haven’t photographed the cards yet but will and then YES I’ll post them on SUDSOL. 

-Blythe  
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 4, 2020, at 6:16 AM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n55777h54@.nabble> wrote:

stampingal@...?subject=Re: SU!: World Card Making Day Hope You Had a Great Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@

clindmeier@...?subject=World Card Making Day Hope You Had a Great Time

No one responded with ideas for the day but I'm pretty sure that was my fault.  I should have asked that question earlier.  Hope you all had a successful day.  I was going to do a Zoom event for my card class but one of the ladies has Covid so I'm hoping to do it later in the month if she feels up to it.  We haven't met as a class since February so I want to do it with the whole group so we can chat and have a good time together.  I have done challenges etc. with them but was looking forward to this.  I will do it, just later.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/World-Card-Making-Day-Hope-You-Had-a-Great-Time-tp55776p55777.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h60@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/World-Card-Making-Day-Hope-You-Had-a-Great-Time-tp55776p55797.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h50@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

I NEED CANVA HELP

Blythe Klipple

I have created a biz card on CANVA (not the pro version) that I like.  It’s showing on full screen and I cannot get back to the work page.  Does anyone have a clue/tip???

~Blythe

Reply | Threaded
|

Etsy Store??

Blythe Klipple

What are the plusses and minuses to having an Etsy store?

Is there a better option for selling my crafted items online?

I’m on a different kind of roll now and really want to be able to sell my goodies to more people.  It’s not craft fair season (I’ve never really done well with them anyway) and I don’t like to push finished product for sale at my classes.  (Although I am going to have some on a side table at my next community center class!)

I’m sure others would benefit from any tips you all have to offer.

As always……thanks for your ideas and for sharing.

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple,Boise ID

blythek@mac.com (Sudsol) blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com (my biz)
Blog:  http://www.StampingWithBlythe.com
SU! Web:  http://www.BlytheStamps.stampinup.net

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Etsy Store??

grantj

Blythe,

My Katie has an Etsy store. She’s sold stuff all over the US. You do have to maintain & keep up with it. She has it on pause while she’s at school. She can use their invoice system, SKU system & lots of other stuff -like print shipping labels. They keep track of it all for her in Quicken. 

Jan Grant
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 23, 2020, at 10:29 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56062h21@.nabble> wrote:

blythek@mac.com?subject=Etsy Store??
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@

What are the plusses and minuses to having an Etsy store?

Is there a better option for selling my crafted items online?

I’m on a different kind of roll now and really want to be able to sell my goodies to more people.  It’s not craft fair season (I’ve never really done well with them anyway) and I don’t like to push finished product for sale at my classes.  (Although I am going to have some on a side table at my next community center class!)

I’m sure others would benefit from any tips you all have to offer.

As always……thanks for your ideas and for sharing.

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple,Boise ID

blythek@mac.com (Sudsol) blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com (my biz)
Blog:  http://www.StampingWithBlythe.com
SU! Web:  http://www.BlytheStamps.stampinup.net

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/World-Card-Making-Day-Hope-You-Had-a-Great-Time-tp55776p56062.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble