Wooden Background Used in Photos

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Wooden Background Used in Photos

Kathy Langosh
I'm sure we have all seen that many demonstrators used basically the same background for picture taking and online videos.  It's the wooden planks background, although colors vary with demonstrators they are basically the same.  Where would someone find this background?  I especially like it because it is subtle and is a good choice for photography.

Thanking you for your assistance.
Kathleen Langosh
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Wooden Background Used in Photos

Sara Levin

Check your packs of dsp. There is often one sheet that has a wood grain. And across a variety of packs you’ll find different shading and textures. 

Sara

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 4:24 PM SUDSOL [Kathy Langosh] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n49896h68@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
k.e.langosh@outlook.com?subject=Wooden+Background+Used+in+Photos
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: k.e.langosh@outlook.com

I'm sure we have all seen that many demonstrators used basically the same background for picture taking and online videos.  It's the wooden planks background, although colors vary with demonstrators they are basically the same.  Where would someone find this background?  I especially like it because it is subtle and is a good choice for photography.

Kathleen Langosh

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Langosh, please change the email address to: k.e.langosh@outlook.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Wooden-Background-Used-in-Photos-tp49896.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h85@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
--
Sara Levin

Get the Stamping Sunday Tutorial Bundle FREE with $40 purchase or purchase it HERE

Get the Stampin' Glam Squad Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $50 purchase in my store
or purchase it HERE
theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)
The Artful Inker (Google+)
Reply | Threaded
|

Andrea Sharp
In reply to this post by Kathy Langosh

I purchased a couple of photography background patterns from Amazon. They are certainly more expensive than DSP, but they are quite durable and will last forever.  Here's a link to one on Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/Evanto-Photography-Backdrop-Restaurants-Wood-Like/dp/B07L2WCQ29/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=wood+grain+flat+photography+background&qid=1569616553&sr=8-7 

"... it isn't joy that makes us grateful, it's gratitude that makes us joyful." ~David Steindl-Rast

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 4:24 PM SUDSOL [Kathy Langosh] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n49896h11@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: k.e.langosh@outlook.com

I'm sure we have all seen that many demonstrators used basically the same background for picture taking and online videos.  It's the wooden planks background, although colors vary with demonstrators they are basically the same.  Where would someone find this background?  I especially like it because it is subtle and is a good choice for photography.

Kathleen Langosh

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Langosh, please change the email address to: k.e.langosh@outlook.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Wooden-Background-Used-in-Photos-tp49896.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h28@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Wooden Background Used in Photos

Kathy Langosh
In reply to this post by Sara Levin

Duh – why didn’t I think of that!!!! Thanks!!!

From: ml+s1100894n49897h92@.nabble <ml+s1100894n49897h92@.nabble>
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2019 2:35 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <k.e.langosh@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Wooden Background Used in Photos

TheArtfulInker@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Wooden%20Background%20Used%20in%20Photos

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com

Check your packs of dsp. There is often one sheet that has a wood grain. And across a variety of packs you’ll find different shading and textures.

Sara

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 4:24 PM SUDSOL [Kathy Langosh] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n49896h68@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

I'm sure we have all seen that many demonstrators used basically the same background for picture taking and online videos. It's the wooden planks background, although colors vary with demonstrators they are basically the same. Where would someone find this background? I especially like it because it is subtle and is a good choice for photography.

Kathleen Langosh

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h85@n7.nabble.com

--

Sara Levin

Get the Stamping Sunday Tutorial Bundle FREE with $40 purchase or purchase it HERE

Get the Stampin' Glam Squad Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $50 purchase in my store

or purchase it HERE

theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
(blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)

@theartfulinker (Twitter)

The Artful Inker (Google+)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Wooden-Background-Used-in-Photos-tp49896p49897.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h78@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Wooden Background Used in Photos, click here.

Kathleen Langosh
Reply | Threaded
|

Kathy Langosh
In reply to this post by Andrea Sharp

Thank you – I just order one to check for the color.  Thanks so much for responding to my request.

From: ml+s1100894n49898h23@.nabble <ml+s1100894n49898h23@.nabble>
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2019 2:44 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <k.e.langosh@>

andrea.sharp@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Wooden%20Background%20Used%20in%20Photos

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: andrea.sharp@gmail.com

I purchased a couple of photography background patterns from Amazon. They are certainly more expensive than DSP, but they are quite durable and will last forever. Here's a link to one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Evanto-Photography-Backdrop-Restaurants-Wood-Like/dp/B07L2WCQ29/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=wood+grain+flat+photography+background&qid=1569616553&sr=8-7

"... it isn't joy that makes us grateful, it's gratitude that makes us joyful." ~David Steindl-Rast

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 4:24 PM SUDSOL [Kathy Langosh] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n49896h11@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

I'm sure we have all seen that many demonstrators used basically the same background for picture taking and online videos. It's the wooden planks background, although colors vary with demonstrators they are basically the same. Where would someone find this background? I especially like it because it is subtle and is a good choice for photography.

Kathleen Langosh

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h28@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Andrea Sharp, please change the email address to: andrea.sharp@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Wooden-Background-Used-in-Photos-tp49896p49898.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h78@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Wooden Background Used in Photos, click here.

Kathleen Langosh
Reply | Threaded
|

Julie Brooks
In reply to this post by Kathy Langosh

I saw someone on Instagram that had purchased a package of laminate flooring from Lowe's or Home Depot to use for photo backgrounds.

~Julie Brooks

-------- Original message --------
From: "SUDSOL [Kathy Langosh] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n49896h63@.nabble>
Date: 9/27/19 2:28 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: SUDSOL Group <brooks1986@>
Subject: SU!: Wooden Background Used in Photos

k.e.langosh@outlook.com?subject=Wooden Background Used in Photos
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: k.e.langosh@

I'm sure we have all seen that many demonstrators used basically the same background for picture taking and online videos.  It's the wooden planks background, although colors vary with demonstrators they are basically the same.  Where would someone find this background?  I especially like it because it is subtle and is a good choice for photography.

Kathleen Langosh

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h80@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Denise Foor

I bought a roll of wooden print contact paper at Wal-Mart and covered poster board with it.  That way I can use the white side or the wooden-look side of the poster board.

Denise

Denise Foor
Stampin’ Up! Manager, Creative Coach

Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops

Blog:           www.denisefoor.blogspot.com

You Tube:   www.youtube.com/c/DeniseFoorStudioPA
Etsy Store:  
www.etsy.com/shop/denisefoor

Facebook:  www.facebook.com/denise.foorStudioPA

Pinterest:    www.pinterest.com/denise_foor/

From: ml+s1100894n49904h45@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n49904h45@.nabble]
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2019 11:24 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <dfoorstudiopa@>

brooks1986@gojade.org?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Wooden%20Background%20Used%20in%20Photos

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: brooks1986@gojade.org

I saw someone on Instagram that had purchased a package of laminate flooring from Lowe's or Home Depot to use for photo backgrounds.

~Julie Brooks

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: k.e.langosh@

Kathleen Langosh

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Julie Brooks, please change the email address to: brooks1986@gojade.org
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Wooden-Background-Used-in-Photos-tp49896p49904.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h14@n7.nabble.com

Denise Foor Stampin’ Up! Manager & SU Independent Demo/Instructor Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops Shop SU online 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/denisefoor My blog: http://www.denisefoor.blogspot.com/ My email: dfoor@embarqmail.com Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!
Reply | Threaded
|

Dawn DuVal
In reply to this post by Julie Brooks

I purchased mine from ETSY

On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 11:19 AM SUDSOL [Julie Brooks] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n49904h7@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
brooks1986@gojade.org?subject=Re:+SU!:+Wooden+Background+Used+in+Photos
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: brooks1986@gojade.org

~Julie Brooks

k.e.langosh@...?subject=Wooden Background Used in Photos

Kathleen Langosh

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Julie Brooks, please change the email address to: brooks1986@gojade.org
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Wooden-Background-Used-in-Photos-tp49896p49904.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h76@n7.nabble.com
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Dawn DuVal
Shall We Stamp
Finding Your Inner Artist...
        Unleashing Your Creativity!
Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson

I'll preface this by saying I'm in Australia. Here's what I found and where I shopped:
  • KMart - table placemats - timber type, plus gold 'wire'; timber chopping board
  • Bunnings (hardware store) - floor tiles; contact (timber finish one side and sticky the other. Stick it on some foam core or thick card)
  • Floor covering shop - offcuts of the timber laminate they put on floors
Generally, keep your eyes open in the kitchen/tableware departments; flooring

On Sun, 29 Sep 2019 at 01:19, SUDSOL [Julie Brooks] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n49904h1@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

~Julie Brooks

Kathleen Langosh

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Beth Schreiber
In reply to this post by Denise Foor

I use wood look wrapping paper I found a few years ago during the holidays. 

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 28, 2019, at 3:05 PM, SUDSOL [Denise Foor] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n49907h92@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

dfoorstudiopa@embarqmail.com?subject=RE: SU!: Wooden Background Used in Photos
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: dfoorstudiopa@embarqmail.com

I bought a roll of wooden print contact paper at Wal-Mart and covered poster board with it.  That way I can use the white side or the wooden-look side of the poster board.

Denise

Denise Foor
Stampin’ Up! Manager, Creative Coach

Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops

Blog:           www.denisefoor.blogspot.com

You Tube:   www.youtube.com/c/DeniseFoorStudioPA
Etsy Store:  
www.etsy.com/shop/denisefoor

Facebook:  www.facebook.com/denise.foorStudioPA

Pinterest:    www.pinterest.com/denise_foor/

From: ml+s1100894n49904h45@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n49904h45@.nabble]
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2019 11:24 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <dfoorstudiopa@>

brooks1986@gojade.org?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Wooden%20Background%20Used%20in%20Photos

~Julie Brooks

Kathleen Langosh

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h14@n7.nabble.com

Denise Foor Stampin’ Up! Manager & SU Independent Demo/Instructor Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops Shop SU online 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/denisefoor My blog: http://www.denisefoor.blogspot.com/ My email: dfoor@embarqmail.com Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Denise Foor, please change the email address to: dfoorstudiopa@embarqmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Wooden-Background-Used-in-Photos-tp49896p49907.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h68@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard
In reply to this post by Libby Dyson

I’ve started using a fiber woven placemat for my photos. It is a soft beige/tan in colors. 
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 28, 2019, at 5:40 PM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n49913h79@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

libby.dyson5@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Wooden Background Used in Photos
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@gmail.com

I'll preface this by saying I'm in Australia. Here's what I found and where I shopped:
  • KMart - table placemats - timber type, plus gold 'wire'; timber chopping board
  • Bunnings (hardware store) - floor tiles; contact (timber finish one side and sticky the other. Stick it on some foam core or thick card)

On Sun, 29 Sep 2019 at 01:19, SUDSOL [Julie Brooks] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n49904h1@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

~Julie Brooks

Kathleen Langosh

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Wooden-Background-Used-in-Photos-tp49896p49913.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Pamela Parker

Great tip 👍

On Sep 28, 2019, at 9:25 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n49916h83@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re: SU!: Wooden Background Used in Photos
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

I’ve started using a fiber woven placemat for my photos. It is a soft beige/tan in colors. 
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 28, 2019, at 5:40 PM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n49913h79@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

libby.dyson5@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Wooden Background Used in Photos
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@gmail.com

~Julie Brooks

Kathleen Langosh

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Wooden-Background-Used-in-Photos-tp49896p49913.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Wooden-Background-Used-in-Photos-tp49896p49916.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h80@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Blythe Klipple

I use a gray brick pattern (not busy at all) that is wall paper as my background for most of my stampin’ photos.  I was able to purchase a single roll as a remnant about 4 years ago.

~Blythe

On Sep 28, 2019, at 9:24 AM, SUDSOL [Julie Brooks] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n49904h91@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

~Julie Brooks

Kathleen Langosh

To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h60@n7.nabble.com

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR