classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Why only one Thumbnail Icon shows

SUDSOL Leadership Board
Administrator
I thought I'd explain why only one Thumbnail Icon shows when you attach multiple images to an email...

Back when we started using this software, attachments showed at the bottom of the page as links and the icon next to the attachment was just a little paperclip - like this:

All attachments had the same little paperclip thumbnail and no picture was displayed at all - you had to click on the link to be able to see the picture.

So knowing that most of our attachments were awesome stamped images and we wanted to be able to see them right away, we asked the developers of the software if they could provide us with a larger icon using the actual picture and move it to the top of the email instead of at the bottom.

They were able to do this.  But all they could do was replace the paperclip symbol with a larger version of ONE of the attachments to the email.  So the first attachment is selected.  95% of the time, this works great for us as typically there is only one image attached to an email.  However, if multiple pictures are attached you will only see the image of the first one.  The links to the images will still show the

Our advice to members has been... If you have multiple pictures to imbed them into the body of the email - instead of sending them as attached files.  This way they will all show as imbedded images show fine.

To avoid confusion, I could ask them if it's possible if there are multiple attachments for an email message to not replace the icons at all - in which case we'd see the paperclip icon instead for all the attached images.  This would avoid the confusion, but would require that you click on the link to see any of the pictures.

I've created a poll on this post to gather member input - we make changes based on member input, so be sure to visit the poll and vote.  You need to go to this post on the website to see the poll and vote (there is a link a the bottom of this email to take you there).  If you're unable to vote online, please use the link at the top of this email to respond to us privately with your input.

Thanks,
Coleen & Patti

SUDSOL Leadership Board

slb@sudsol.org
Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
Reply | Threaded
|

Please vote on various picture thumbnail options

SUDSOL Leadership Board
Administrator
I came up with another idea for a solution and the forum poll doesn't allow me to change anything.  So, I've set up a new poll on the SUDSOL members page.  Please go to the http://www.sudsol.org/members and vote on this question:

How would you like to see the icons for the attached images displayed?

The new options are:
- As they are now with the first image being displayed for all attachments.
- The first one shows a picture thumbnail and the others show the paperclip.
- Change all icons to paperclips if there is more than one attachment.
- It doesn't matter to me.

If you already voted in the forum, please re-vote by going to the SUDSOL member page (http://www.sudsol.org/members) and voting there.

Getting member input allows us to customize SUDSOL to best meet the needs of our members.

Thanks,
Coleen & Patti

SUDSOL Leadership Board wrote
I thought I'd explain why only one Thumbnail Icon shows when you attach multiple images to an email...

Back when we started using this software, attachments showed at the bottom of the page as links and the icon next to the attachment was just a little paperclip - like this:

All attachments had the same little paperclip thumbnail and no picture was displayed at all - you had to click on the link to be able to see the picture.

So knowing that most of our attachments were awesome stamped images and we wanted to be able to see them right away, we asked the developers of the software if they could provide us with a larger icon using the actual picture and move it to the top of the email instead of at the bottom.

They were able to do this.  But all they could do was replace the paperclip symbol with a larger version of ONE of the attachments to the email.  So the first attachment is selected.  95% of the time, this works great for us as typically there is only one image attached to an email.  However, if multiple pictures are attached you will only see the image of the first one.  The links to the images will still show the

Our advice to members has been... If you have multiple pictures to imbed them into the body of the email - instead of sending them as attached files.  This way they will all show as imbedded images show fine.

To avoid confusion, I could ask them if it's possible if there are multiple attachments for an email message to not replace the icons at all - in which case we'd see the paperclip icon instead for all the attached images.  This would avoid the confusion, but would require that you click on the link to see any of the pictures.

I've created a poll on this post to gather member input - we make changes based on member input, so be sure to visit the poll and vote.  You need to go to this post on the website to see the poll and vote (there is a link a the bottom of this email to take you there).  If you're unable to vote online, please use the link at the top of this email to respond to us privately with your input.

Thanks,
Coleen & Patti

SUDSOL Leadership Board

slb@sudsol.org
Reply | Threaded
|

Please vote on various picture thumbnail options

SUDSOL Leadership Board
Administrator
Can you take a minute to give us your input?  

We're looking at options for the thumbnails displayed next to attached images in the emails.  Please go to the http://www.sudsol.org/members (then look in the right column third block down) and vote on this question:

How would you like to see the icons next to the attached images displayed?

The options are:
- As they are now with the first image being displayed for all attachments.
- The first one shows a picture thumbnail and the others show the paperclip.
- Change all icons to paperclips if there is more than one attachment.
- It doesn't matter to me.

Getting member input allows us to customize SUDSOL to best meet the needs of our members.

Thanks,
Coleen & Patti

SUDSOL Leadership Board wrote

Thanks,
Coleen & Patti

SUDSOL Leadership Board

slb@sudsol.org
Reply | Threaded
|

ADMIN: Thumbnails for attached images - FIXED

SUDSOL Leadership Board
Administrator
In reply to this post by SUDSOL Leadership Board
Support made a special customization for us to enable us to see the corresponding large picture icons correctly for all attached images, regardless of the number of attachments.

So now whether you include your images in the body of the email or whether you attach the image as an attachment, regardless of the number, the image will now show at the top of the email.

We hope you enjoy this enhanced feature on SUDSOL.  We never would have been able to get this type of support/customization from Yahoogroups!

I'm doing the happy dance!
Coleen

SUDSOL Leadership Board

slb@sudsol.org
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: ADMIN: Thumbnails for attached images - FIXED

Beth Grace

Great job, SUDSOL board!  I noticed the change with an earlier e-mail with card samples made with Project Life.

I really thought this new system was almost too much of a pain to use, but as I get used to it and the board continues to make adjustments based on member feedback, I feel my membership just keeps getting more and more valuable to me!

Way to go SUDSOL Board!

Thanks,
Beth Grace

On 06/06/14, SUDSOL [SUDSOL Leadership Board] via SUDSOL Info & Help<ml-node+s1100894n10411h67@.nabble> wrote:

slb@sudsol.org?subject=ADMIN: Thumbnails for attached images - FIXED
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: slb@sudsol.org

Support made a special customization for us to enable us to see the corresponding large picture icons correctly for all attached images, regardless of the number of attachments.

So now whether you include your images in the body of the email or whether you attach the image as an attachment, regardless of the number, the image will now show at the top of the email.

We hope you enjoy this enhanced feature on SUDSOL.  We never would have been able to get this type of support/customization from Yahoogroups!

I'm doing the happy dance!
Coleen

SUDSOL Leadership Board
slb@sudsol.org
slb@sudsol.org

If you want the reply to go ONLY to SUDSOL Leadership Board, please change the email address to: slb@sudsol.org
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Why-only-one-Thumbnail-Icon-shows-tp9853p10411.html
To start a new topic under SUDSOL Info & Help, email ml-node+s1100894n2311h67@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.