classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What to Do With Excess Supplies

Charlotte Lindmeier
Our question this week is:
When you decide to donate some of your excess supplies where do you take them?

Since I assume there are a few of us that are home right now, this would be a good time to sort through some of our supplies and have them ready to donate.  I don't suggest taking our extras items anywhere right now but we can take advantage of the time we have to sort them.

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: What to Do With Excess Supplies

grantj

What I don’t sell at a yard sale has been given to any art teacher who wants them.

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@

On Mar 18, 2020, at 10:09 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52095h44@.nabble> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=What to Do With Excess Supplies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Since I assume there are a few of us that are home right now, this would be a good time to sort through some of our supplies and have them ready to donate.  I don't suggest taking our extras items anywhere right now but we can take advantage of the time we have to sort them.

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/What-to-Do-With-Excess-Supplies-tp52095.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ellen

I have a friend who has a pre school.  They will take paper.  The mental health ward of the hospital has taken stamp pads with refills, makers, paper and stamp sets. I have donated a lot there.  Some nursing homes will take them and I will sometimes give to stampers for their kids to use the retired paper.

Ellen Williams
Staying home and safe in North Dakota

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 10:11 AM SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n52096h7@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+What+to+Do+With+Excess+Supplies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

What I don’t sell at a yard sale has been given to any art teacher who wants them.

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@

On Mar 18, 2020, at 10:09 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52095h44@.nabble> wrote:

clindmeier@...?subject=What to Do With Excess Supplies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Since I assume there are a few of us that are home right now, this would be a good time to sort through some of our supplies and have them ready to donate.  I don't suggest taking our extras items anywhere right now but we can take advantage of the time we have to sort them.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/What-to-Do-With-Excess-Supplies-tp52095.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/What-to-Do-With-Excess-Supplies-tp52095p52096.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h24@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Linda Bobb

I donate to a friend who leads a Girl Scout Brownie troop.
Linda Bobb
Still working in Burke, VA

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Ellen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52097h90@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <lb1227@>
Sent: Wed, Mar 18, 2020 11:34 am
Subject: Re: SU!: What to Do With Excess Supplies

ewilliams9780@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20What%20to%20Do%20With%20Excess%20Supplies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: ewilliams9780@

I have a friend who has a pre school. They will take paper. The mental health ward of the hospital has taken stamp pads with refills, makers, paper and stamp sets. I have donated a lot there. Some nursing homes will take them and I will sometimes give to stampers for their kids to use the retired paper.

Ellen Williams
Staying home and safe in North Dakota

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 10:11 AM SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk < ml%2Bs1100894n52096h7@.nabble > wrote:
revjanstamps@?subject=Re:+SU!:+What+to+Do+With+Excess+Supplies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@

clindmeier@...?subject=What to Do With Excess Supplies

Since I assume there are a few of us that are home right now, this would be a good time to sort through some of our supplies and have them ready to donate. I don't suggest taking our extras items anywhere right now but we can take advantage of the time we have to sort them.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/What-to-Do-With-Excess-Supplies-tp52095p52096.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h24@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Ellen, please change the email address to: ewilliams9780@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/What-to-Do-With-Excess-Supplies-tp52095p52097.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h76@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt
In reply to this post by grantj

I have been donating bits and pieces of left overs to kids at Church most of whom have been in the free classes and I  have offered to them.  It’s amazing how creative they are!
Card stock is donated to schools in the area who are always glad to get! 

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 18, 2020, at 11:11 AM, SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52096h22@.nabble> wrote:

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: What to Do With Excess Supplies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h39@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Kim Innis
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

I donate stuff to an organization called Crayons to Computers.  It's a supply resource for all public school teachers in Hamilton County.  They go to the place and "shop" for what they need or want for their classrooms and students.  Everything is free to the teachers, but they do have to show credentials to shop there.

Kim Innis
kkinnis12@gmail.com
513-703-9053

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020, 11:09 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n52095h23@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=What+to+Do+With+Excess+Supplies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Since I assume there are a few of us that are home right now, this would be a good time to sort through some of our supplies and have them ready to donate.  I don't suggest taking our extras items anywhere right now but we can take advantage of the time we have to sort them.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h71@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Beth Schreiber

I give supplies to a local special Ed. Teacher. She uses them with her students to make cards, etc. that the students sell to fund various activities in their building.

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 18, 2020, at 11:09 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52095h20@.nabble> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h68@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Annette Stewart

I use my extra supplies and retired products to create cards for Seniors. I volunteer to make and write cards for a non-profit organization called Bring Smiles to Seniors. You can find them on Facebook. They accept blank cards and donations of supplies to make cards, donations of $ for postage. There are multiple ways to volunteer. They are a wonderful organization - now more than ever they are getting request from Nursing homes and assisted living facilities for cards for their residents. Wonderful way to use cards...
Annette Stewart
Creative Downtime

On March 18, 2020 at 11:09 AM "SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n52095h32@.nabble> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h80@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Pamela Parker

I have donated to a local teacher.  She greatly appreciated the items.  
Pam Parker 

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 18, 2020, at 10:09 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52095h32@.nabble> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

Reply | Threaded
|

Priscilla Williams

Hi SUDSOL Friends,

I have already given all of my Spanish sets to a parochial school that has several Hispanic families/students.  I do have a rummage sale periodically for my customers/class participants.  The money we raise goes to our local cancer walk.  (We have a great team and have had other fund-raisers during the year.  In the last 16 years we have raised $102,000 plus change.)

Since one of our newer stampers is having a granddaughter from out of state for the next few weeks, I'm sorting stamps to donate to them to help pass the time.  

Priscilla Williams
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
(and retired public school teacher who is thankful to be uninvolved in the unenviable process of teaching first graders from a remote location via computer.) 

Sent from Samsung tablet.

-------- Original message --------
From: "SUDSOL [Pamela Parker] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n52105h64@.nabble>
Date: 3/18/20 3:43 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: SUDSOL Group <MRSPJW@>
Subject: Re: SU!: What to Do With Excess Supplies

parkerp78@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: What to Do With Excess Supplies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: parkerp78@

I have donated to a local teacher.  She greatly appreciated the items.  
Pam Parker 

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 18, 2020, at 10:09 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52095h32@.nabble> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Pamela Parker, please change the email address to: parkerp78@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/What-to-Do-With-Excess-Supplies-tp52095p52105.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h2@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt
In reply to this post by Kim Innis

Nice program!

Barbara Stitt

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 18, 2020, at 12:51 PM, SUDSOL [Kim Innis] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52102h8@.nabble> wrote:

kkinnis12@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: What to Do With Excess Supplies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kkinnis12@

I donate stuff to an organization called Crayons to Computers. It's a supply resource for all public school teachers in Hamilton County. They go to the place and "shop" for what they need or want for their classrooms and students. Everything is free to the teachers, but they do have to show credentials to shop there.

Kim Innis
kkinnis12@gmail.com
513-703-9053

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020, 11:09 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n52095h23@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Since I assume there are a few of us that are home right now, this would be a good time to sort through some of our supplies and have them ready to donate. I don't suggest taking our extras items anywhere right now but we can take advantage of the time we have to sort them.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h71@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kim Innis, please change the email address to: kkinnis12@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/What-to-Do-With-Excess-Supplies-tp52095p52102.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h39@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Occhipinti

I belong to a crafting group that does a periodic "De-stashing" event. All supplies not claimed by attendees are donated to a pre-determined group. We've donated boxes of stamps, paper, punches, storage containers, and embellishments to senior centers, after-school student programs, and teacher classrooms.
I've also offered up supplies and extra Paper Pumpkin kits to moms in my area who at home with their kids right now and need indoor activities.

Chris Occhipinti
Olympia WA

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application

-----Original Message-----

To: cho1888@
Sent: 2020-03-18 8:09:18 AM
Subject: SU!: What to Do With Excess Supplies

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h81@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Robbie Rubala

When I moved 2 years ago I could not take it all with me.  I donated to my grand daughter's preschool, my other grand daughter's school, and the local Center for Life Enrichment which has art classes each week for adults with disabilities.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 11:09 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n52095h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h91@n7.nabble.com

--
Robbie Rubala
my blog - https://creationsinpaper.com/

my Stampin' Up website - http://robbierubala.stampinup.net

Robbie Rubala
Reply | Threaded
|

Linda Moore

I donate mine excess supplies to an organization called HALO.  The money that they get for donated items (in their thrift store) helps pay for food for the needy and fund their homeless shelter.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 11:09 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n52095h57@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h5@n7.nabble.com

--
Reply | Threaded
|

davism

I’ve donated mine to our Once Again Shoppe. Its a Christian based store that everything is donated. Workers put a price on it and then people shop in their store. Some of the donations are then given to people who have lost their home, their clothing and basically everything in a fire. The store has basically anything you can think of. Mary

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 4:28 PM SUDSOL [Linda Moore] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n52137h27@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
moorefunstamping@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+What+to+Do+With+Excess+Supplies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: moorefunstamping@gmail.com

I donate mine excess supplies to an organization called HALO. The money that they get for donated items (in their thrift store) helps pay for food for the needy and fund their homeless shelter.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 11:09 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n52095h57@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@...?subject=What+to+Do+With+Excess+Supplies

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h5@n7.nabble.com

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Linda Moore, please change the email address to: moorefunstamping@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/What-to-Do-With-Excess-Supplies-tp52095p52137.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h73@n7.nabble.com
Mary Davis, senior supervisor
Stampin' in the Finger Lakes
2011 featured sewer at Convention
mdavis74@rochester.rr.com