What happened here?

grantj

image1.jpeg (25K) Download Attachment
image2.jpeg (38K) Download Attachment
image3.jpeg (30K) Download Attachment
image4.jpeg (36K) Download Attachment

First 2 pictures are on older watercolor paper:

Second impression using Stamparatus:

I used Momento. I have NEVER had a stamp pad do this.

Tried the new watercolor paper:

This is what it looks like on the Stamparatus. I’ll be using a different stamp set, but I can’t figure out why it’s stamping this way.

Jan Grant
Sent from my iPhone
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: What happened here?

Maria Pobre

The old watercolor paper is rough and may require several stampings, which is why using the Stamparatus is a good idea. I have not tried the new watercolor paper but have read there is a smooth side and a rough side, and to be sure you are stamping on the smooth side. Hope this helps.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Aug 27, 2019, at 11:54 AM, SUDSOL [grantj] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n49544h96@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=What happened here?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

This is what it looks like on the Stamparatus. I’ll be using a different stamp set, but I can’t figure out why it’s stamping this way.

Jan Grant
Sent from my iPhone

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/What-happened-here-tp49544.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h6@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: What happened here?

Barb Stencel
In reply to this post by grantj

It almost looks like your stamp pad may be a bit on the dry side.  Try re-inking it and see if that makes a difference.  You can try washing the stamp with soap and water – maybe there’s some junk stuck to it that’s preventing the ink to coat?  It’s a photopolymer stamp, so it would need a foam mat beneath the paper, even with the stamparatus.  That’s all I can think of that might be happening…

From: ml+s1100894n49544h46@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n49544h46@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 8:54 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: What happened here?

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=What%20happened%20here?

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

Jan Grant
Sent from my iPhone

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/What-happened-here-tp49544.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h56@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Barb Stencel
www.beelinestamping.com
847-909-1718
barb@beelinestamping.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: What happened here?

grantj

Thanks, I'll try those tips.

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

On August 27, 2019 at 10:41 AM "SUDSOL [Barb Stencel] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n49548h87@.nabble> wrote:

bstencel@comcast.net?subject=RE: What happened here?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bstencel@

It almost looks like your stamp pad may be a bit on the dry side. Try re-inking it and see if that makes a difference. You can try washing the stamp with soap and water – maybe there’s some junk stuck to it that’s preventing the ink to coat? It’s a photopolymer stamp, so it would need a foam mat beneath the paper, even with the stamparatus. That’s all I can think of that might be happening…

From: ml+s1100894n49544h46@.nabble [mailto: ml+s1100894n49544h46@.nabble ]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 8:54 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: What happened here?

revjanstamps@?subject=What%20happened%20here?

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

Jan Grant
Sent from my iPhone

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h56@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Barb Stencel
www.beelinestamping.com
847-909-1718
barb@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barb Stencel, please change the email address to: bstencel@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/What-happened-here-tp49544p49548.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h73@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.