What does DTIEF mean?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What does DTIEF mean?

Cindy McCool

I’m looking at a “recipe” for the High Tide card that appears on page 152 – 153 in the current catalog (middle left edge of page 153 the lighthouse stamped on a brick background) and the recipe says:

Page #: 152-153

Stamps: High Tide

CS/DSP: Whisper White, Gray Granite CS

Ink/Coloring Tools: Smoky Slate, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay

pads, Versamark

Accessories: Iridescent Sequins, Clear Embossing Powder

Adhesives: Dimensionals, SNAIL

Tools: Sponge Daubers, Stitched Rectangle Dies,

Distressed Brick DTIEF

Non-SU products:

Technique: Stamp the scene, stamping off Smoky Slate for

the lighter shades, then run through the Distressed Brick

DTIEF and then tear off the edges.

A new customer of mine bought all the products to make this card, including a big shot from Amazon on the day of the party. I’m trying to recreate the card so I can teach her how to make it,  but the brick background doesn’t match what is currently in our catalog. I have a Sizzix one (old and not 3D) that does match so I’m able to recreate like above but I’d like to tell her what DTIEF means. I Googgled it and think it stands for Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing. If that is the case then I guess it’s the Brick & Mortor 3D on page 198 so I’m OK (although I don’t own that one).

This is very frustrating. She’s a new stamper, I mean BRAND NEW NEVER OWNED A STAMP BEFORE        , and this is NOT an easy set to work with (in my opinion). I tried to discourage her but couldn’t. So that is why I’m going to teach her how to make it so she’s successful and continues to stamp. I’ve been working on my proto-type all day and am almost finished and I have achieved results similar to the sample that I’m satisfied with, but it’s not been easy. I figured I needed to practice so I could teach her so she wouldn’t be discouraged.

Thanks for listening! This is such a great group!

Cindy McCool

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: What does DTIEF mean?

Sara Levin

Dynamic textured embossing folder.  That's now a 3D embossing folder

Sara
Sara Levin

Get the Stamping Sunday Tutorial Bundle FREE with $40 purchase or purchase it HERE

Get the Stampin' Glam Squad Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $50 purchase in my store
or purchase it HERE
theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)
The Artful Inker (Google+)

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 6:32 PM SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n50414h26@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
cindy@mccoolmgt.com?subject=What+does+DTIEF+mean?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy@mccoolmgt.com

I’m looking at a “recipe” for the High Tide card that appears on page 152 – 153 in the current catalog (middle left edge of page 153 the lighthouse stamped on a brick background) and the recipe says:

pads, Versamark

Distressed Brick DTIEF

Non-SU products:

A new customer of mine bought all the products to make this card, including a big shot from Amazon on the day of the party. I’m trying to recreate the card so I can teach her how to make it,  but the brick background doesn’t match what is currently in our catalog. I have a Sizzix one (old and not 3D) that does match so I’m able to recreate like above but I’d like to tell her what DTIEF means. I Googgled it and think it stands for Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing. If that is the case then I guess it’s the Brick & Mortor 3D on page 198 so I’m OK (although I don’t own that one).

This is very frustrating. She’s a new stamper, I mean BRAND NEW NEVER OWNED A STAMP BEFORE        , and this is NOT an easy set to work with (in my opinion). I tried to discourage her but couldn’t. So that is why I’m going to teach her how to make it so she’s successful and continues to stamp. I’ve been working on my proto-type all day and am almost finished and I have achieved results similar to the sample that I’m satisfied with, but it’s not been easy. I figured I needed to practice so I could teach her so she wouldn’t be discouraged.

Cindy McCool

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy McCool, please change the email address to: cindy@mccoolmgt.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/What-does-DTIEF-mean-tp50414.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h66@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: What does DTIEF mean?

Joan Norman
In reply to this post by Cindy McCool

Dynamic    Textured impressions embossing folder

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 6:32 PM SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n50414h54@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
cindy@mccoolmgt.com?subject=What+does+DTIEF+mean?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy@mccoolmgt.com

pads, Versamark

Distressed Brick DTIEF

Non-SU products:

Cindy McCool

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy McCool, please change the email address to: cindy@mccoolmgt.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/What-does-DTIEF-mean-tp50414.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h94@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
--
Joan Norman
Stampin' Up! demonstrator
stampnjoan@gmail.com

Cell: 502-548-5886
Phone: 502-239-4475