What We're Doing to Make Money

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What We're Doing to Make Money

Charlotte Lindmeier
Thanks to the demonstrators that shared their ideas this week. We had enough participation to grant one FREE WEEK of SUDSOL to Lena Kiers. Sharing is what makes SUDSOL so great.

Our question this week was:

What kind of special classes are you having to make money?  ex. fall cards, Halloween treats etc.
I always do lots of fun classes this time of year.  My September classes will feature fall themed cards, including Halloween and Thanksgiving; October will feature Thanksgiving and Christmas, and November will feature all winter and Christmas.  In December we generally make gift tags and small boxes or bags, as well as winter-themed thank you cards.
I am holding my annual Christmas Card stamp a stack.  I make 3 Saturdays available in order to keep the classes under 6 people.  We will make 20 cards / $30.  Planning to use the night before Christmas DSP has the product base.
Christmas Cards are always a hit. Birthday Card Class also.
I haven’t held any special classes per se but I have resurrected my monthly card buffet, last Tuesday of each month, with a new-to-me group of women.  We make 8 cards, their choice of any combination of the 8 samples I create and post online, and then I prep a packet for each participant.  I have a separate basket with the supplies for each card, numbered 1-8, and they create their chosen cards.  It works well.  $24 dollars per person which should actually be $30 considering the prep and class time.  When we move (end of year, to Idaho) and I have a new group I’ll probably up the price a bit.
I am doing Calendar classes and also Christmas stamp-a-stacks. 
This works well for me. 
I'm having a Christmas only Stamp-A-Stack in October.  They'll be making 16 cards (8 different cards; 2 of each) with envelopes for $60.  I'll provide some snacks and bottled water.  Noon - 6pm.  If we go past that we'll order pizza where everyone will pitch in a few bucks to cover the cost.   I have also opened it up to my 'snowbirds" up north.  I will stamp the cards, assemble one and ship to them for $65 plus shipping.  I know.....I should charge a bit more for my work but they've been with me for years!

• I go to a Retirement Home twice a month to make cards with them.  The Home pays me a set amount and I usually get between 5-8 people.  They love it and so do their family members when they get a hand made card made by their grandparent.
        • I also have a Spring, Fall and later a Christmas 2x5 card making event where people get to make 10 cards  (2 each of 5 different designs) for $25.00.
        • I teach a monthly technique class to 3 different groups - some of these ladies place orders with me.
        • I have a monthly card making workshop (3 cards) which is attended by my faithful group of 8-12 ladies who keep me in business because they place orders.
Hi- I hold Bingo Events every time there is a NEW catalog- Sept 7th is my Holiday Bingo class- It really gives my sales a boost!
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: What We're Doing to Make Money

lkiers

This is so exciting! Thank you very much. It was fun and educational to read what others are doing. Lena Kiers

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 1, 2019, at 1:22 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n49613h21@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=What We're Doing to Make Money
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Thanks to the demonstrators that shared their ideas this week. We had enough participation to grant one FREE WEEK of SUDSOL to Lena Kiers. Sharing is what makes SUDSOL so great.

Our question this week was:

What kind of special classes are you having to make money?  ex. fall cards, Halloween treats etc.
I always do lots of fun classes this time of year. My September classes will feature fall themed cards, including Halloween and Thanksgiving; October will feature Thanksgiving and Christmas, and November will feature all winter and Christmas. In December we generally make gift tags and small boxes or bags, as well as winter-themed thank you cards.
I am holding my annual Christmas Card stamp a stack. I make 3 Saturdays available in order to keep the classes under 6 people. We will make 20 cards / $30. Planning to use the night before Christmas DSP has the product base.
Christmas Cards are always a hit. Birthday Card Class also.
I haven’t held any special classes per se but I have resurrected my monthly card buffet, last Tuesday of each month, with a new-to-me group of women. We make 8 cards, their choice of any combination of the 8 samples I create and post online, and then I prep a packet for each participant. I have a separate basket with the supplies for each card, numbered 1-8, and they create their chosen cards. It works well. $24 dollars per person which should actually be $30 considering the prep and class time. When we move (end of year, to Idaho) and I have a new group I’ll probably up the price a bit.
I am doing Calendar classes and also Christmas stamp-a-stacks.
This works well for me.
I'm having a Christmas only Stamp-A-Stack in October. They'll be making 16 cards (8 different cards; 2 of each) with envelopes for $60. I'll provide some snacks and bottled water. Noon - 6pm. If we go past that we'll order pizza where everyone will pitch in a few bucks to cover the cost. I have also opened it up to my 'snowbirds" up north. I will stamp the cards, assemble one and ship to them for $65 plus shipping. I know.....I should charge a bit more for my work but they've been with me for years!

• I go to a Retirement Home twice a month to make cards with them. The Home pays me a set amount and I usually get between 5-8 people. They love it and so do their family members when they get a hand made card made by their grandparent.
        • I also have a Spring, Fall and later a Christmas 2x5 card making event where people get to make 10 cards (2 each of 5 different designs) for $25.00.
        • I teach a monthly technique class to 3 different groups - some of these ladies place orders with me.
        • I have a monthly card making workshop (3 cards) which is attended by my faithful group of 8-12 ladies who keep me in business because they place orders.
Hi- I hold Bingo Events every time there is a NEW catalog- Sept 7th is my Holiday Bingo class- It really gives my sales a boost!
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/What-We-re-Doing-to-Make-Money-tp49613.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h11@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.