classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
22 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

We overwhelmed them.....

Jan Farring

I guess we overwhelmed SU, because the site is down - I can get into the
demo website, but the ordering system is down.

Jan

--
Jan Farring
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
My Blog:  www.jansstampingcreations.com
Demo Website:  http://janfarring.stampinup.net
541-390-3390

Jan Farring Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator My Blog: www.jansstampingcreations.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: We overwhelmed them.....

Jannette Santamarina

yes!!! I can’t believe it!! LOL

Jannette Santamarina
Loveland, Ohio

Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator

On Apr 21, 2015, at 12:34 PM, SUDSOL [janinpb] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19671h27@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

janinpb@cbbmail.com?subject=We%20overwhelmed%20them.....
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: janinpb@cbbmail.com

Jan

--
Jan Farring
541-390-3390

Jan Farring Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator My Blog: www.jansstampingcreations.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to janinpb, please change the email address to: janinpb@cbbmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/We-overwhelmed-them-tp19671.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h19@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Cheryl Noble
Yes, the have crushed… so you have to call to get in.  Bad for our customers who when they go to our SU stores get the “find a demo” instead of shop!  They are working on it and I only had to wait about 15 minutes on the phone to get my order in.
Wendy

Wendy Fassbender, Independent Stampin'UP!® Demonstrator
Cheryl Noble, Independent Stampin'UP!® Demonstrator
Phone: 608-237-7103
E-Mail: wmc@crazysustampers.com
Blog: CRAZYSUSTAMPERS

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: We overwhelmed them.....

Jeanne Moss
I called SU and asked if my customers could call their orders in.  I was told they have no way to add a hostess code without going through my website?

Reply | Threaded
|

mudmaven
This "glitch" on top of the trouble my customers had with ordering the
thinlits dies has put me in a very difficult position and I am not sure how
to handle it.   I have explained to those who have contacted me that the
site is just overwhelmed at the moment, but everyone is very concerned
about not being able to order items that will go away if they don't order
in time.  Is SU just out of the loop in understanding the demand for their
products?  It is so difficult to explain when we have no explanation from
them about why other than that they just didn't anticipate the demand.
This is just not an excuse that is  acceptable to my customers.  Any
suggestions?

Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07
Very understandable that our customers are concerned that the ”overloaded” system is creating a delay with ordering,  But we haven’t had an issue like this in a very long time, and I think it is another situation that Stampin’ Up! will now work on correcting for the future.

Donna

Reply | Threaded
|

Coleen Astalos

We need to train our customers to not wait until the last minute to order something they want.   All of these items have been available since at least June last year.    If the demand had been high for these items during the year, they wouldn't likely be retiring!  (And that's what I'd tell my customers if they're disappointed that they didn't get what they wanted).

Or perhaps it's because of the discounted pricing?  If so, then that's feedback that SU! will get from this sale.  People didn't buy it at XX price, but will gobble it up at YY price, so maybe the pricing needs to be adjusted to somewhere between XX and YY?

Coleen

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO, coleen@sudsol.com
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

This "glitch" on top of the trouble my customers had with ordering the thinlits dies has put me in a very difficult position and I am not sure how to handle it. I have explained to those who have contacted me that the site is just overwhelmed at the moment, but everyone is very concerned about not being able to order items that will go away if they don't order in time. Is SU just out of the loop in understanding the demand for their products? It is so difficult to explain when we have no explanation from them about why other than that they just didn't anticipate the demand. This is just not an excuse that is acceptable to my customers. Any suggestions?

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss
My suggestion is to allow a 24 hour period from the time the list is posted to the beginning of the sale/while supplies last period.  This way, people could see what is going away, and have a day to get it ordered (at regular price).  Then, after 24 hours, it would move to the sale/while supplies last category.  Then, no one could complain about not being able to get what they wanted.  If they know something is going away, and they don't order it in the 24 hour period, then it's on them.

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@live.com
http://jeannemoss.stampinup.net

Sent from my iPad

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
I like this suggestion!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

Blog:  http://www.stampingwithmia.com
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Country-Crafts-and-More/163957776947703
PartyLite:  http://www.partylite.biz/sites/miaguam

Reply | Threaded
|

Krista Pomeroy
In reply to this post by Jeanne Moss
The biggest complaint I am seeing is about the In Colors......they have been available since June 2013 for Pete's sake!!

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
I agree! And everyone knows that set was retiring this year!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss
In reply to this post by Krista Pomeroy
I know what you mean.  I've been telling my customers since January to stock up on the in-colors!  I suggested doing it during SAB, so they could also get FREE items.  Every month during SAB, I talked about it.  Then, once again, during the FREE shipping I talked about it.  I also posted it more than once on my FB page, reminding them that last year the in colors sold out on the first day.

Sure enough, yesterday, I had someone order the pad/cs combo and complain because she couldn't get the reinkers.  Really?

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@live.com
http://jeannemoss.stampinup.net

Reply | Threaded
|

Margaret Minneman

Time for a funny! I had done exactly as jeanne had done. But....You can lead a horse to water, but......
Hmmmm? Wonder how my customers might take that analogy?

Maggi

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From: SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19713h3@.nabble>;
To: SUDSOL Group <mamin50@>;
Subject: Re: SU!: We overwhelmed them.....
Sent: Wed, Apr 22, 2015 11:36:07 AM

<a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" ymailto="mailto:stampingal@live.com?subject=Re: SU!: We overwhelmed them....." target="_blank" href="javascript:return">Click here to reply directly to Jeanne Moss privately at stampingal@...
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@

Reply | Threaded
|

ludwigh
I really like the idea of 24 hours before you can order.  I had not idea
that they were going to discontinue the 12x12 paper packs in colors like
red, cherry cobbler, etc.  I sent out to let my customers know, started to
order these but kept crashing and then when I did get in, they were already
sold out.  My customers were crushed.  As I work another full-time job, I
could not call and wait.  If my customers would have known the day before,
they would have bought them.

Thanks,
Heather

Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Harman
In reply to this post by Coleen Astalos
Every year, in February and March I tell my customers that the In Colors are
retiring. I tell them that even before the list comes out, some colors will
be gone. As soon as I find out the DATE of the list, I let them know. I
email them the numbers and description (thanks to sudsols catalog) of all
InColor items retiring. I tell them these need to be ordered before the
retirement list comes out.

Diane

Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07
In reply to this post by Margaret Minneman

It is a given – no matter how many times we share important information, there are those who just don’t listen or read our entire newsletters/emails.  They then complain later.

Donna

From: ml-node+s1100894n19714h76@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n19714h76@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 4:47 AM
To: SUDSOL Group

mamin50@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20We%20overwhelmed%20them.....

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: mamin50@yahoo.com

Time for a funny! I had done exactly as jeanne had done. But....You can lead a horse to water, but......
Hmmmm? Wonder how my customers might take that analogy?

Maggi

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From: SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19713h3@.nabble>;
To: SUDSOL Group <mamin50@>;
Sent: Wed, Apr 22, 2015 11:36:07 AM

<a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" ymailto="stampingal@live.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20We%20overwhelmed%20them....." target="_blank" href="javascript:return">Click here to reply directly to Jeanne Moss privately at stampingal@...

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Margaret Minneman, please change the email address to: mamin50@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/We-overwhelmed-them-tp19671p19714.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h35@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Connie
In reply to this post by Jeanne Moss

This is a great idea Jeanne.  You should email it to SU!
Connie

Connie Scheel
Independent Demonstrator, Stampin Up
Follow me on Facebook at Great Stamping with Connie
Check out my website for fabulous Stampin Up ideas and products
www.greatstamping.stampinup.net

To be removed from my mailing list, simply reply to this email, with REMOVE in the subject line.

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 10:27 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19705h16@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
stampingal@live.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+We+overwhelmed+them.....
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@live.com

My suggestion is to allow a 24 hour period from the time the list is posted to the beginning of the sale/while supplies last period.  This way, people could see what is going away, and have a day to get it ordered (at regular price).  Then, after 24 hours, it would move to the sale/while supplies last category.  Then, no one could complain about not being able to get what they wanted.  If they know something is going away, and they don't order it in the 24 hour period, then it's on them.

Jeanne Moss
<a href="tel:270.307.1230" value="+12703071230" target="_blank">270.307.1230
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 21, 2015, at 8:12 PM, SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Business Talk <ml-node%2Bs1100894n19697h48@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

coleen@...?subject=RE: SU!: We overwhelmed them.....
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: coleen@sudsol.com

We need to train our customers to not wait until the last minute to order something they want. All of these items have been available since at least June last year. If the demand had been high for these items during the year, they wouldn't likely be retiring! (And that's what I'd tell my customers if they're disappointed that they didn't get what they wanted).

Or perhaps it's because of the discounted pricing? If so, then that's feedback that SU! will get from this sale. People didn't buy it at XX price, but will gobble it up at YY price, so maybe the pricing needs to be adjusted to somewhere between XX and YY?

Coleen

This "glitch" on top of the trouble my customers had with ordering the thinlits dies has put me in a very difficult position and I am not sure how to handle it. I have explained to those who have contacted me that the site is just overwhelmed at the moment, but everyone is very concerned about not being able to order items that will go away if they don't order in time. Is SU just out of the loop in understanding the demand for their products? It is so difficult to explain when we have no explanation from them about why other than that they just didn't anticipate the demand. This is just not an excuse that is acceptable to my customers. Any suggestions?

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Coleen Astalos, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/We-overwhelmed-them-tp19671p19697.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h34@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/We-overwhelmed-them-tp19671p19705.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h54@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

Thanks, Connie!  I did!

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 22, 2015, at 2:02 PM, SUDSOL [Connie] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19723h54@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

greatstamping@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: We overwhelmed them.....
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: greatstamping@gmail.com

This is a great idea Jeanne. You should email it to SU!
Connie

Connie Scheel
Independent Demonstrator, Stampin Up
Follow me on Facebook at Great Stamping with Connie
Check out my website for fabulous Stampin Up ideas and products
www.greatstamping.stampinup.net

To be removed from my mailing list, simply reply to this email, with REMOVE in the subject line.

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 10:27 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19705h16@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
stampingal@live.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+We+overwhelmed+them.....
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@live.com

My suggestion is to allow a 24 hour period from the time the list is posted to the beginning of the sale/while supplies last period. This way, people could see what is going away, and have a day to get it ordered (at regular price). Then, after 24 hours, it would move to the sale/while supplies last category. Then, no one could complain about not being able to get what they wanted. If they know something is going away, and they don't order it in the 24 hour period, then it's on them.

Jeanne Moss
<a href="tel:270.307.1230" value="+12703071230" target="_blank">270.307.1230

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 21, 2015, at 8:12 PM, SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Business Talk <ml-node%2Bs1100894n19697h48@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

coleen@...?subject=RE: SU!: We overwhelmed them.....
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: coleen@sudsol.com

We need to train our customers to not wait until the last minute to order something they want. All of these items have been available since at least June last year. If the demand had been high for these items during the year, they wouldn't likely be retiring! (And that's what I'd tell my customers if they're disappointed that they didn't get what they wanted).

Or perhaps it's because of the discounted pricing? If so, then that's feedback that SU! will get from this sale. People didn't buy it at XX price, but will gobble it up at YY price, so maybe the pricing needs to be adjusted to somewhere between XX and YY?

Coleen

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Coleen Astalos, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/We-overwhelmed-them-tp19671p19697.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h34@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/We-overwhelmed-them-tp19671p19705.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h54@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Connie, please change the email address to: greatstamping@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/We-overwhelmed-them-tp19671p19723.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h34@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: We overwhelmed them.....

Nola Burkhard
In reply to this post by Jan Farring
I had customers order the reindeer bottles and some ink pads during the Free Shipping sale - the reinerks were already on back order but they arrived yesterday.

I have 42 sets retiring out of God Knows how many! I will sell about a dozen of them - once we get settled in AZ.  Sorting them out today.

Thanks SOOO much for the larger font by page file - helps tremendously!
Nola

janinpb wrote

Jan

--
Jan Farring
541-390-3390
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: We overwhelmed them.....

Deborah Smart

Nola – you had me laughing when I read “reindeer bottles”.  I thought – what are reindeer bottles?!  Then of course, I realized you meant re-inker bottles!!
Thanks for the laugh! Smile
~Deb

Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 12:38 PM
To: debsmart@shaw.ca

nburkhard@verizon.net?subject=Re: We overwhelmed them.....
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: nburkhard@

I had customers order the reindeer bottles and some ink pads during the Free Shipping sale - the reinerks were already on back order but they arrived yesterday.

I have 42 sets retiring out of God Knows how many! I will sell about a dozen of them - once we get settled in AZ.  Sorting them out today.

Thanks SOOO much for the larger font by page file - helps tremendously!
Nola

janinpb wrote

Jan

--
Jan Farring
My Blog:  www.jansstampingcreations.com
Demo Website:  http://janfarring.stampinup.net
541-390-3390

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: nburkhard@verizon.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/We-overwhelmed-them-tp19671p19730.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h66@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Deborah Smart
Stampin' Discuss Summary Coordinator