Uh Oh!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
30 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Uh Oh!

Nola Burkhard
About 10 days ago I got an "order" from a gal who at first I thought might be legit.  Now I am really thinking she's a scam and that I might have given her too much of my info.

She said she'd mail me a check - so I gave her my address.  She said she needed my phone number - so I gave her my cell.

I'm not going to answer any more of her emails and IF the check comes in I will return it without even opening the envelope.

Do you think I gave her enough info that she can tap into my personal info? Bank accounts, etc.

Thoughts????

Thanks, Nola
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Uh Oh!

Ellen

Is she near you?  Might be ok. But if not I would worry 

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 13, 2015, at 1:21 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23781h42@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

nburkhard@verizon.net?subject=Uh Oh!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: nburkhard@verizon.net

About 10 days ago I got an "order" from a gal who at first I thought might be legit.  Now I am really thinking she's a scam and that I might have given her too much of my info.

She said she'd mail me a check - so I gave her my address.  She said she needed my phone number - so I gave her my cell.

I'm not going to answer any more of her emails and IF the check comes in I will return it without even opening the envelope.

Do you think I gave her enough info that she can tap into my personal info? Bank accounts, etc.

Thoughts????

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: nburkhard@verizon.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h24@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Uh Oh!

Coleen Astalos
In reply to this post by Nola Burkhard

Name, Address & Phone number is not enough information for anyone to do harm to you - tap into credit or bank accounts.  That information is publically available most anywhere you want to look on the web. 

Coleen

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO, coleen@sudsol.com
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

From: ml-node+s1100894n23781h56@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n23781h56@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2015 12:21 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Uh Oh!

nburkhard@verizon.net?subject=Uh%20Oh!

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: nburkhard@verizon.net

Thoughts????

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: nburkhard@verizon.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h38@n5.nabble.com

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Uh Oh!

Jenny Pierce

Just make sure her check actually clears before you send her order.  That is really the only problem I see.
Jenny

Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:04:04 -0700
To: Canadianstarlite@
Subject: Re: SU!: Uh Oh!

coleen@sudsol.com?subject=RE: Uh Oh!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: coleen@

Name, Address & Phone number is not enough information for anyone to do harm to you - tap into credit or bank accounts.  That information is publically available most anywhere you want to look on the web. 

Coleen

Alamosa, CO, coleen@

From: ml-node+s1100894n23781h56@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n23781h56@.nabble]

nburkhard@?subject=Uh%20Oh!

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: nburkhard@

Thoughts????

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: nburkhard@

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h38@.nabble

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Coleen Astalos, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p23785.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h40@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Rose Wilkos

I don’t know how it is in Canada. In the U.S., however, the bank must release funds within ‘x’ days..this does not mean the check has cleared.  We have had checks ‘bounce’ 14 days after we deposited..and..the bank is not responsible

From: ml-node+s1100894n23786h70@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n23786h70@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2015 6:19 PM
To: Rose Wilkos <rose@>

Canadianstarlite@msn.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Uh%20Oh!

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Canadianstarlite@msn.com

Just make sure her check actually clears before you send her order.  That is really the only problem I see.
Jenny

Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:04:04 -0700
To: Canadianstarlite@

coleen@sudsol.com?subject=RE: Uh Oh!

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: coleen@

Coleen

Alamosa, CO, coleen@

From: ml-node+s1100894n23781h56@.nabble [ml-node+s1100894n23781h56@.nabble]

nburkhard@?subject=Uh%20Oh!

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: nburkhard@

Thoughts????

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: nburkhard@

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h38@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, <a href="https://" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">click here.

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Coleen Astalos, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p23785.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h40@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jenny Pierce, please change the email address to: Canadianstarlite@msn.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p23786.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h97@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Tanya Stottlemire
In reply to this post by Ellen

If all she has is your address and phone number I wouldn't worry too much.  Most things need more than that for you to get a password or forgotten username sent to you.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 13, 2015, at 2:23 PM, "SUDSOL [Ellen] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n23782h51@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

ewilliams9780@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Uh Oh!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: ewilliams9780@gmail.com

Is she near you?  Might be ok. But if not I would worry 

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 13, 2015, at 1:21 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23781h42@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Thoughts????

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h24@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Ellen, please change the email address to: ewilliams9780@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p23782.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h2@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Annette Stewart

Most Demonstrators have their address and phone numbers on their sites.  She could have gotten it from the web is she really wanted to.  You didn't give her any info that anyone can't get.   I don't think I would give her any more info.  I would have asked her name, address, and number.  If they are legit they should have no problem telling you their name, address and phone number.  With that info you could have searched her on the internet.  If you have her name - maybe try searching the internet for her.  But I think you are safe. 
If the check comes it should have her name and address on it and bank. 
Remember if people really want to order they won't have any issues giving you their info.  And SU gives them the option to say they don't want to be contacted which keeps their info private - even from the demo they choose.  If a person is reluctant to give you her info - I don't take those orders. 

Just my opinion,
Annette Stewart

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 02:21 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk wrote:

Thoughts????

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h80@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Uh Oh!

Ann Lohmeyer
This is a classic scam, one of my DL went so far as to get the check.  It comes for a lot more and then they ask you to refund the difference.  I would email her back and say you don't take checks and you won't hear from them again.  They don't have any information that can hurt you.

Ann

Nola Burkhard wrote

Thoughts????

Thanks, Nola
Reply | Threaded
|

Kay Hahn Casler

Has anyone noticed that the emails come from a different name than the person supposedly writing the email and to sent to undisclosed recipients ???  I wonderful how many hundreds of us get the same email at a time.  That is a big clue at the start.  I just delete the message.
Happy Stampin',
Kay Hahn Casler
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
    Sharing what I love 
    and loving what I do!
Rubber stamp art supplies, demonstrations, clubs and stamp camps
607-729-1794 or e-mail kayhc@stny.rr.com
Vestal, New York
Join me on SUDSOL - 
Your 24/7 Upline!
Visit https://mypaperpumpkin.com?demoid=11162 to join! 

On Sep 15, 2015, at 11:47 AM, SUDSOL [Ann Lohmeyer] via Business Talk wrote:

annstamps@att.net?subject=Re:%20Uh%20Oh!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: annstamps@att.net

This is a classic scam, one of my DL went so far as to get the check.  It comes for a lot more and then they ask you to refund the difference.  I would email her back and say you don't take checks and you won't hear from them again.  They don't have any information that can hurt you.

Ann

Nola Burkhard wrote

Thoughts????

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Ann Lohmeyer, please change the email address to: annstamps@att.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p23806.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h61@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Beth Schreiber

Yesterday I got another request to order using a check. At least this time they asked if they could! I said no checks accepted. Funniest thing is the signed it "Mary B.S."
LOL

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 15, 2015, at 11:51 AM, SUDSOL [Kay Hahn Casler] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23807h92@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

kayhc@stny.rr.com?subject=Re: SU!: Uh Oh!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kayhc@stny.rr.com

Has anyone noticed that the emails come from a different name than the person supposedly writing the email and to sent to undisclosed recipients ???  I wonderful how many hundreds of us get the same email at a time.  That is a big clue at the start.  I just delete the message.
Happy Stampin',
Kay Hahn Casler
    Sharing what I love 
    and loving what I do!
Vestal, New York
Join me on SUDSOL - 
Your 24/7 Upline!

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: annstamps@att.net

Ann

Nola Burkhard wrote

Thoughts????

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Ann Lohmeyer, please change the email address to: annstamps@att.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p23806.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h61@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kay Hahn Casler, please change the email address to: kayhc@stny.rr.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p23807.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h68@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Blythe Klipple

I had one signed ‘someone else’ B.S.  I don’t remember the name.  They know they’re BS scammers.  :)

~Blythe

On Sep 15, 2015, at 10:28 AM, SUDSOL [Beth Schreiber] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23811h8@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

teach57123@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Uh%20Oh!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: teach57123@yahoo.com

Yesterday I got another request to order using a check. At least this time they asked if they could! I said no checks accepted. Funniest thing is the signed it "Mary B.S."
LOL

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 15, 2015, at 11:51 AM, SUDSOL [Kay Hahn Casler] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23807h92@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kayhc@stny.rr.com

Happy Stampin',
Kay Hahn Casler
    Sharing what I love 
    and loving what I do!
607-729-1794 or e-mail kayhc@stny.rr.com
Vestal, New York
Join me on SUDSOL - 
Your 24/7 Upline!

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: annstamps@att.net

Ann 

Nola Burkhard wrote

Thoughts???? 

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Ann Lohmeyer, please change the email address to: annstamps@att.net 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p23806.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h61@n5.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kay Hahn Casler, please change the email address to: kayhc@stny.rr.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p23807.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h68@n5.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Beth Schreiber, please change the email address to: teach57123@yahoo.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p23811.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h60@n5.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

Josie Goulett
In reply to this post by Beth Schreiber

TOO FUNNY,

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 15, 2015, at 1:28 PM, SUDSOL [Beth Schreiber] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23811h70@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

teach57123@yahoo.com?subject=Re: SU!: Uh Oh!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: teach57123@yahoo.com

LOL

Sent from my iPhone

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kayhc@stny.rr.com

Happy Stampin',
Kay Hahn Casler
    Sharing what I love 
    and loving what I do!
Vestal, New York
Join me on SUDSOL - 
Your 24/7 Upline!

Ann

Nola Burkhard wrote

Thoughts????

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kay Hahn Casler, please change the email address to: kayhc@stny.rr.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p23807.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h68@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Beth Schreiber, please change the email address to: teach57123@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p23811.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h22@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Update - Re: Uh Oh!

Nola Burkhard
Well, well, low and behold a envelope from the DOT here in AZ did show up - She told me that the company she works for would be sending me her paycheck - of course it would be fore MORE then the amount she ordered but for me to take it to an ATM and then I could place the order for her and then return the difference to her. Yeah Right!!!

Which of course I did not do.  I had already decided that I would return the check - not responding to any more of her emails either.  I have blocked her from calling or texting me (she's texted me at least once around the time the check arrived.)  Even if it is legit, which I really doubt it is, I don't want her money - at least not that way.

I wrote very clearly in permanent red marker Refused, Return to Sender and dropped it in a mail box pick up station.  That was Monday and so far, not a word from her again.  Should I ever receive an order from someone who is NOT in my immediate area I will consider it a scam.

She never said she was deaf, never said she needed my checking/banking info, so maybe - but, someone else can be taken ---I maybe gullible but I'm not supid!

Stamp, Create & Play . . . Everyday! Nola

Nola Burkhard wrote

Thoughts????

Thanks, Nola
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Update - Re: Uh Oh!

Terri G
I would have turned it into the police station or to the bank and let them verify it and maybe they could get some info from it to catch the scammers.  At least you didn't get duped!

Nola Burkhard wrote
Well, well, low and behold a envelope from the DOT here in AZ did show up - She told me that the company she works for would be sending me her paycheck - of course it would be fore MORE then the amount she ordered but for me to take it to an ATM and then I could place the order for her and then return the difference to her. Yeah Right!!!

Which of course I did not do.  I had already decided that I would return the check - not responding to any more of her emails either.  I have blocked her from calling or texting me (she's texted me at least once around the time the check arrived.)  Even if it is legit, which I really doubt it is, I don't want her money - at least not that way.

I wrote very clearly in permanent red marker Refused, Return to Sender and dropped it in a mail box pick up station.  That was Monday and so far, not a word from her again.  Should I ever receive an order from someone who is NOT in my immediate area I will consider it a scam.

She never said she was deaf, never said she needed my checking/banking info, so maybe - but, someone else can be taken ---I maybe gullible but I'm not supid!

Nola Burkhard wrote

Thoughts????

Thanks, Nola
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Update - Uh Oh!

wenkerc

I got an email today from someone about an hour away wanting to order something for her mother.  It had an address and zip code. When I did a check of that address it didn’t come up with her name but 2 others.  She wants to send a check and I’m to wait for it to clear before I send out her order.  I’m leery of course because of all the other scammers that have emailed in the past.  Any suggestions? 

Cheryl Wenker

Independent Demonstrator
My blog: http://stampupwithme.com
My SU business website: http://stampupwithme.stampinup.net

From: ml-node+s1100894n24020h4@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n24020h4@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2015 3:20 PM
Subject: Re: SU!: Update - Uh Oh!

tgeorge72@me.com?subject=Re:%20Update%20-%20Re:%20Uh%20Oh!

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: tgeorge72@me.com

I would have turned it into the police station or to the bank and let them verify it and maybe they could get some info from it to catch the scammers.  At least you didn't get duped!

Nola Burkhard wrote

Nola Burkhard wrote

Thoughts????

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Terri G, please change the email address to: tgeorge72@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p24020.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h77@n5.nabble.com

Cheryl Wenker Independent Demonstrator My blog: http://stampupwithme.com My SU business website: http://stampupwithme.stampinup.net Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cwenker/
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Update - Uh Oh!

Cindy Hills

I just got the the same email.  Mine was for a Snodgrass in Madison WI   I deleted it out

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 4:09 PM, SUDSOL [wenkerc] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n24021h87@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
cwenker@frontier.com?subject=RE:+SU!:+Update+-+Uh+Oh!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cwenker@frontier.com

I got an email today from someone about an hour away wanting to order something for her mother.  It had an address and zip code. When I did a check of that address it didn’t come up with her name but 2 others.  She wants to send a check and I’m to wait for it to clear before I send out her order.  I’m leery of course because of all the other scammers that have emailed in the past.  Any suggestions? 

Cheryl Wenker

Independent Demonstrator

From: ml-node+s1100894n24020h4@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n24020h4@.nabble]

tgeorge72@...?subject=Re:%20Update%20-%20Re:%20Uh%20Oh!

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: tgeorge72@me.com

I would have turned it into the police station or to the bank and let them verify it and maybe they could get some info from it to catch the scammers.  At least you didn't get duped!

Nola Burkhard wrote

Which of course I did not do.  I had already decided that I would return the check - not responding to any more of her emails either.  I have blocked her from calling or texting me (she's texted me at least once around the time the check arrived.)  Even if it is legit, which I really doubt it is, I don't want her money - at least not that way.

I wrote very clearly in permanent red marker Refused, Return to Sender and dropped it in a mail box pick up station.  That was Monday and so far, not a word from her again.  Should I ever receive an order from someone who is NOT in my immediate area I will consider it a scam.

Nola Burkhard wrote

About 10 days ago I got an "order" from a gal who at first I thought might be legit.  Now I am really thinking she's a scam and that I might have given her too much of my info.

She said she'd mail me a check - so I gave her my address.  She said she needed my phone number - so I gave her my cell.

Thoughts????

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Terri G, please change the email address to: tgeorge72@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p24020.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h77@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to wenkerc, please change the email address to: cwenker@frontier.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p24021.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h29@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Ellen

Mine was the same last name in PA!!!

DELETE, DELETE, DELETE

Not worth it.

Ellen

On 9/25/15, SUDSOL [Cindy Hills] via Business Talk
<ml-node+s1100894n24022h13@.nabble> wrote:

>
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email
> address to: cindy.hills62@
> If just you reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
> members.
> _______________________________________________
> I just got the the same email.  Mine was for a Snodgrass in Madison WI   I
> deleted it out
>
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 4:09 PM, SUDSOL [wenkerc] via Business Talk <
> ml-node+s1100894n24021h87@.nabble> wrote:
>
>> Click here to reply directly to wenkerc privately at cwenker@
>> <cwenker@?subject=RE:+SU!:+Update+-+Uh+Oh!>
>> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
>> members, unless you change the To: email address to the author:
>> cwenker@
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> I got an email today from someone about an hour away wanting to order
>> something for her mother.  It had an address and zip code. When I did a
>> check of that address it didn’t come up with her name but 2 others.  She
>> wants to send a check and I’m to wait for it to clear before I send out
>> her
>> order.  I’m leery of course because of all the other scammers that have
>> emailed in the past.  Any suggestions?
>>
>>
>>
>> *Cheryl Wenker*
>>
>> Independent Demonstrator
>> My blog: http://stampupwithme.com
>> My SU business website: http://stampupwithme.stampinup.net
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> *From:* ml-node+s1100894n24020h4@.nabble
>> [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n24020h4@
>> .nabble]
>> *Sent:* Friday, September 25, 2015 3:20 PM
>> *To:* SUDSOL Group
>> *Subject:* Re: SU!: Update - Uh Oh!
>>
>>
>>
>> tgeorge72@?subject=Re:%20Update%20-%20Re:%20Uh%20Oh!
>>
>> *If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
>> tgeorge72@ <tgeorge72@>*
>>
>> I would have turned it into the police station or to the bank and let
>> them
>> verify it and maybe they could get some info from it to catch the
>> scammers.  At least you didn't get duped!
>>
>> *Nola Burkhard wrote*
>>
>> Well, well, low and behold a envelope from the DOT here in AZ did show up
>> - She told me that the company she works for would be sending me her
>> paycheck - of course it would be fore MORE then the amount she ordered
>> but
>> for me to take it to an ATM and then I could place the order for her and
>> then return the difference to her. Yeah Right!!!
>>
>> Which of course I did not do.  I had already decided that I would return
>> the check - not responding to any more of her emails either.  I have
>> blocked her from calling or texting me (she's texted me at least once
>> around the time the check arrived.)  Even if it is legit, which I really
>> doubt it is, I don't want her money - at least not that way.
>>
>> I wrote very clearly in permanent red marker Refused, Return to Sender
>> and
>> dropped it in a mail box pick up station.  That was Monday and so far,
>> not
>> a word from her again.  Should I ever receive an order from someone who
>> is
>> NOT in my immediate area I will consider it a scam.
>>
>> She never said she was deaf, never said she needed my checking/banking
>> info, so maybe - but, someone else can be taken ---I maybe gullible but
>> I'm
>> not supid!
>>
>> Stamp, Create & Play . . . Everyday! Nola
>>
>>
>> *Nola Burkhard wrote*
>>
>> About 10 days ago I got an "order" from a gal who at first I thought
>> might
>> be legit.  Now I am really thinking she's a scam and that I might have
>> given her too much of my info.
>>
>> She said she'd mail me a check - so I gave her my address.  She said she
>> needed my phone number - so I gave her my cell.
>>
>> I'm not going to answer any more of her emails and IF the check comes in
>> I
>> will return it without even opening the envelope.
>>
>> Do you think I gave her enough info that she can tap into my personal
>> info? Bank accounts, etc.
>>
>> Thoughts????
>>
>> Thanks, Nola
>>
>>
>>
>> If you want the reply to go ONLY to Terri G, please change the email
>> address to: tgeorge72@
>> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:
>> http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p24020.html
>>
>> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email
>> ml-node+s1100894n3h77@.nabble
>> To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
>>
>> If you want the reply to go ONLY to wenkerc, please change the email
>> address to: cwenker@
>> http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p24021.html
>> ml-node+s1100894n3h29@.nabble
>> To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here
>> <
>> .
>>
>
>
>
>
> If just you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
> discussion below:
>
http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p24022.html
>
> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email
> ml-node+s1100894n3h24@.nabble
> To unsubscribe from Business Talk, visit
>
Reply | Threaded
|

Krista Pomeroy

I got one from Pamela Snodgrass as well.

"SUDSOL [Ellen] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n24023h6@.nabble> wrote:
ewilliams9780@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Update - Uh Oh!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: ewilliams9780@

DELETE, DELETE, DELETE

Not worth it.

Ellen

>
>
> members.
> deleted it out
>
>
>> cwenker@
>>
>> her
>>
>>
>>
>> *Cheryl Wenker*
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> .nabble]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> them
>>
>> *Nola Burkhard wrote*
>>
>> but
>>
>>
>> and
>> not
>> is
>>
>> I'm
>> not supid!
>>
>>
>>
>> *Nola Burkhard wrote*
>>
>> might
>>
>>
>> I
>>
>>
>> Thoughts????
>>
>> Thanks, Nola
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> <
>> .
>>
>
>
>
>
> discussion below:
>
>
>

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h86@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Dori Saltow
In reply to this post by Ellen

I received one also from here in TX.  Same last name.  going to hit the DELETE key!!
Thanks ladies for all the heads up! ! ! !

Dori
----- Original Message -----
To: dorisaltow@charter.net
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2015 4:31 PM

ewilliams9780@gmail.com
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: ewilliams9780@gmail.com

DELETE, DELETE, DELETE

Not worth it.

Ellen

>
>
> members.
> deleted it out
>
>
>> cwenker@
>>
>> her
>>
>>
>>
>> *Cheryl Wenker*
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> .nabble]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> them
>>
>> *Nola Burkhard wrote*
>>
>> but
>>
>>
>> and
>> not
>> is
>>
>> I'm
>> not supid!
>>
>>
>>
>> *Nola Burkhard wrote*
>>
>> might
>>
>>
>> I
>>
>>
>> Thoughts????
>>
>> Thanks, Nola
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> <
>> .
>>
>
>
>
>
> discussion below:
>
>
>

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h46@.nabble

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Hauptl
In reply to this post by Cindy Hills

I got that one also

Linda Haupt 
Stampin'Up demonstrator 
Black Hills Paper Divas
Cell: 605. 209 8849
Home 605 721 4556

On Sep 25, 2015, at 3:16 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy Hills] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n24022h32@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

cindy.hills62@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Update - Uh Oh!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy.hills62@gmail.com

I just got the the same email. Mine was for a Snodgrass in Madison WI I deleted it out

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 4:09 PM, SUDSOL [wenkerc] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n24021h87@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
cwenker@frontier.com?subject=RE:+SU!:+Update+-+Uh+Oh!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cwenker@frontier.com

I got an email today from someone about an hour away wanting to order something for her mother. It had an address and zip code. When I did a check of that address it didn’t come up with her name but 2 others. She wants to send a check and I’m to wait for it to clear before I send out her order. I’m leery of course because of all the other scammers that have emailed in the past. Any suggestions?

Cheryl Wenker

Independent Demonstrator

tgeorge72@...?subject=Re:%20Update%20-%20Re:%20Uh%20Oh!

I would have turned it into the police station or to the bank and let them verify it and maybe they could get some info from it to catch the scammers. At least you didn't get duped!

Nola Burkhard wrote

Which of course I did not do. I had already decided that I would return the check - not responding to any more of her emails either. I have blocked her from calling or texting me (she's texted me at least once around the time the check arrived.) Even if it is legit, which I really doubt it is, I don't want her money - at least not that way.

I wrote very clearly in permanent red marker Refused, Return to Sender and dropped it in a mail box pick up station. That was Monday and so far, not a word from her again. Should I ever receive an order from someone who is NOT in my immediate area I will consider it a scam.

Nola Burkhard wrote

About 10 days ago I got an "order" from a gal who at first I thought might be legit. Now I am really thinking she's a scam and that I might have given her too much of my info.

She said she'd mail me a check - so I gave her my address. She said she needed my phone number - so I gave her my cell.

Thoughts????

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h77@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to wenkerc, please change the email address to: cwenker@frontier.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p24021.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h29@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy Hills, please change the email address to: cindy.hills62@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Uh-Oh-tp23781p24022.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h43@n5.nabble.com