UPDATE on: Changing Blog and Kept Customer Email System

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

UPDATE on: Changing Blog and Kept Customer Email System

Lois Folla

Hi Ladies,    (Apologies this is a little long, but worth reading, I hope)

A week or so ago I asked your opinion about Constant Contact vs Mailchimp which is how I contact my customers and downline. Only one person responded mentioning the church she works for using Mailchimp and the rate of emails not reaching it’s destination was high. Thank you for sharing that. I’m sorry I don’t recall who shared that with us.

I did not get any comments on the Paid WordPress Blog VS the Free WordPress Blog.

I did my own investigation. Below was my decision, which may help some of you.

Paid Constant Contact vs Free Mailchimp  -  I chose to stay with Constant Contact, here’s why….

I signed up for the free Mailchimp and looked around but was not impressed at all. I decided to keep Constant Contact which costs a little over $200 a year. But the ability of creating as many email groups as you like and lots of great email templates to choose from was key. I also can have up to 500 subscribers. Constant Contact is also easy to manage, trust me, anyone of you who knows me, knows I’m not computer savory. I learn from others, but book learning, isn’t easy for me, so CONSTANT CONTACT was my choice 😊

WordPress Blog you pay for as opposed to the FREE Version of WordPress  - I chose to change platforms to the FREE version of WordPress, here’s why….

I chose to change my platform from the Paid version of WordPress which you also needed to have a paid account for Wordfence and Host Gator to the FREE version of WordPress. I did opt for the $4 a month fee for NO ADDS. Those adds are very disturbing on some stampers blogs and I stop following them. Seeing a huge snail like thing coming from something that looks like a stomach, is way too much for me! Sorry, but that is what we are talking about, just so you know.

Lastly, I kept my GO Daddy domain for www.loisfolla.com   and www.stampinpress.com  which comes with a free email lois@stampinpress.com

IMPORTANT!

The ONLY THING is when you change platforms NONE of your Blog FOLLOWERS migrate, so you start with ZERO. I had hundreds of Followers on my blog. So now I have to email different groups where I know some of my friends were following me. I have 10 followers now, YAY… LOL It’s okay, it was just so sad, when I only had one, my friend Cristina who does my blog…. LOL Then I followed my blog and there were TWO!  Ha ha ha

So I emailed a few groups asking if they wanted to continue to follow my blog to please re-sign  at www.StampinPress.com  and apologized for the inconvenience.  Some people read their emails and some don’t, so in some groups I will need to send a follow up email about re-signing.

BUT that is the only thing I found I needed to do. The difference in platforms for me is very little. I never used all the things I paid for, so I don’t miss them.

I hope that information can be of help to someone reading this, if you made it this far 😊 If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly or to the group just incase someone else may have the same questions.

Please keep in mind, this is only what works for me and my business. I wish you all luck as you re-evaluate where you are spending your money and time.

Thank you for your time!

Lois

Lois Folla Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator/Manager

Email: StampinPresschat@gmail.com

Call/Text: 732-598-5026

Creative Blog: www.StampinPress.com

Shop Online: www.LoisFolla.StampinUp.net

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: UPDATE on: Changing Blog and Kept Customer Email System

Kathy Slamar

Thanks for sharing your research and decisions, Lois!  Very interesting.
Kathy Slamar

On Jul 31, 2020, at 2:38 PM, SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54729h58@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

StampWithLois@gmail.com?subject=UPDATE%20on:%20Changing%20Blog%20and%20Kept%20Customer%20Email%20System
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: StampWithLois@gmail.com

Hi Ladies, (Apologies this is a little long, but worth reading, I hope)

A week or so ago I asked your opinion about Constant Contact vs Mailchimp which is how I contact my customers and downline. Only one person responded mentioning the church she works for using Mailchimp and the rate of emails not reaching it’s destination was high. Thank you for sharing that. I’m sorry I don’t recall who shared that with us.

I did not get any comments on the Paid WordPress Blog VS the Free WordPress Blog.

Paid Constant Contact vs Free Mailchimp - I chose to stay with Constant Contact, here’s why….

I signed up for the free Mailchimp and looked around but was not impressed at all. I decided to keep Constant Contact which costs a little over $200 a year. But the ability of creating as many email groups as you like and lots of great email templates to choose from was key. I also can have up to 500 subscribers. Constant Contact is also easy to manage, trust me, anyone of you who knows me, knows I’m not computer savory. I learn from others, but book learning, isn’t easy for me, so CONSTANT CONTACT was my choice 😊

WordPress Blog you pay for as opposed to the FREE Version of WordPress - I chose to change platforms to the FREE version of WordPress, here’s why….

I chose to change my platform from the Paid version of WordPress which you also needed to have a paid account for Wordfence and Host Gator to the FREE version of WordPress. I did opt for the $4 a month fee for NO ADDS. Those adds are very disturbing on some stampers blogs and I stop following them. Seeing a huge snail like thing coming from something that looks like a stomach, is way too much for me! Sorry, but that is what we are talking about, just so you know.

Lastly, I kept my GO Daddy domain for www.loisfolla.com and www.stampinpress.com which comes with a free email lois@stampinpress.com

IMPORTANT!

The ONLY THING is when you change platforms NONE of your Blog FOLLOWERS migrate, so you start with ZERO. I had hundreds of Followers on my blog. So now I have to email different groups where I know some of my friends were following me. I have 10 followers now, YAY… LOL It’s okay, it was just so sad, when I only had one, my friend Cristina who does my blog…. LOL Then I followed my blog and there were TWO! Ha ha ha

So I emailed a few groups asking if they wanted to continue to follow my blog to please re-sign at www.StampinPress.com and apologized for the inconvenience. Some people read their emails and some don’t, so in some groups I will need to send a follow up email about re-signing.

BUT that is the only thing I found I needed to do. The difference in platforms for me is very little. I never used all the things I paid for, so I don’t miss them.

I hope that information can be of help to someone reading this, if you made it this far 😊 If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly or to the group just incase someone else may have the same questions.

Please keep in mind, this is only what works for me and my business. I wish you all luck as you re-evaluate where you are spending your money and time.

Thank you for your time!

Lois

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: StampWithLois@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/UPDATE-on-Changing-Blog-and-Kept-Customer-Email-System-tp54729.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h52@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: UPDATE on: Changing Blog and Kept Customer Email System

donnab07
In reply to this post by Lois Folla

I’m with you, Lois.  I’ve used Constant Contact for years, and have been very happy with it.  As for WordPress, I have the self-hosted version, which is free, but chose to go with highly recommended Integrant Services for administration.  I am computer-savy to a point, and found creating my own WP blog was too frustrating.  Bria at Integrant is wonderful.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n54729h41@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n54729h41@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2020 12:38 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: SU!: UPDATE on: Changing Blog and Kept Customer Email System

StampWithLois@gmail.com?subject=UPDATE%20on:%20Changing%20Blog%20and%20Kept%20Customer%20Email%20System

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: StampWithLois@gmail.com

Hi Ladies, (Apologies this is a little long, but worth reading, I hope)

Paid Constant Contact vs Free Mailchimp - I chose to stay with Constant Contact, here’s why….

WordPress Blog you pay for as opposed to the FREE Version of WordPress - I chose to change platforms to the FREE version of WordPress, here’s why….

Lastly, I kept my GO Daddy domain for www.loisfolla.com and www.stampinpress.com which comes with a free email lois@stampinpress.com

IMPORTANT!

The ONLY THING is when you change platforms NONE of your Blog FOLLOWERS migrate, so you start with ZERO. I had hundreds of Followers on my blog. So now I have to email different groups where I know some of my friends were following me. I have 10 followers now, YAY… LOL It’s okay, it was just so sad, when I only had one, my friend Cristina who does my blog…. LOL Then I followed my blog and there were TWO! Ha ha ha

So I emailed a few groups asking if they wanted to continue to follow my blog to please re-sign at www.StampinPress.com and apologized for the inconvenience. Some people read their emails and some don’t, so in some groups I will need to send a follow up email about re-signing.

Thank you for your time!

Lois

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: StampWithLois@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/UPDATE-on-Changing-Blog-and-Kept-Customer-Email-System-tp54729.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.