classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

UPDATE: card request for 2 members of family with cancer

DawnEvans
Lynn's husband Steve lost his battle with cancer Monday evening, April 7. Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers and continued encouragement as Sami continues her fight against Ewing's Sarcoma.

My eldest son had the most wonderful preschool teacher (Lynn) at our church, who we're are lucky enough to call a friend, and she is such a true and faithful servant of the Lord. Her husband (Steve) has been battling melanoma for about 12 years and has within the last week or so has met with Hospice. In the last month their 13 year old daughter Sami has been diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma on her pelvis and they will be attacking this with very strong chemo and radiation to shrink the tumor. This child has seen what her daddy has been going through for the last few years and of course has a great deal of apprehension while her father is devastated that his daughter is having to deal with  this insidious disease. Mom has taken a leave of absence from teaching and in the meanwhile the preschool has decided not to be in session for the 2014-15 school year, so on top of all the medical issues she has employment worries now. I would ask that you pray for this family and add them to your prayer groups and share this request for prayers. If you are able to send a card of encouragement it could only serve to brighten their days. Their address is:

Steve, Lynn, & Sami Caulberg
3225 Long Bow Court
Raleigh, NC  27604-2409

If you want to let them know our connection, please feel free to include we are Stampin' Up!/SUDSOL friends.

There is also a CaringBridge page set up for Sami if you would like to follow:

caringbridge.org/visit/samicaulberg

Thanks so much!
Dawn Evans
Raleigh, NC

Dawn Evans
Raleigh, NC
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: card request for 2 members of family with cancer

DawnEvans
I read and re-read this post and still made a typo on the address. I do not see where I can correct the original post.

The correct address is:

3225 Long Bow Court     not Long Box

So sorry I did not catch this yesterday.

TIA,
Dawn

DawnEvans wrote
My eldest son had the most wonderful preschool teacher (Lynn) at our church, who we're are lucky enough to call a friend, and she is such a true and faithful servant of the Lord. Her husband (Steve) has been battling melanoma for about 12 years and has within the last week or so has met with Hospice. In the last month their 13 year old daughter Sami has been diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma on her pelvis and they will be attacking this with very strong chemo and radiation to shrink the tumor. This child has seen what her daddy has been going through for the last few years and of course has a great deal of apprehension while her father is devastated that his daughter is having to deal with  this insidious disease. Mom has taken a leave of absence from teaching and in the meanwhile the preschool has decided not to be in session for the 2014-15 school year, so on top of all the medical issues she has employment worries now. I would ask that you pray for this family and add them to your prayer groups and share this request for prayers. If you are able to send a card of encouragement it could only serve to brighten their days. Their address is:

Steve, Lynn, & Sami Caulberg
3225 Long Box Court
Raleigh, NC  27604-2409

If you want to let them know our connection, please feel free to include we are Stampin' Up!/SUDSOL friends.

There is also a CaringBridge page set up for Sami if you would like to follow:

caringbridge.org/visit/samicaulberg

Thanks so much!
Dawn Evans
Raleigh, NC
Dawn Evans
Raleigh, NC
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: card request for 2 members of family with cancer

SUDSOL Leadership Board
Administrator
You can EDIT your post on the website by...
1) Going to the post you want to edit
2) Clicking the "More" dropdown in the upper right
3) Selecting "Edit Post"
Coleen

DawnEvans wrote
I read and re-read this post and still made a typo on the address. I do not see where I can correct the original post.

SUDSOL Leadership Board

slb@sudsol.org
Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: SU!: Re: card request for 2 members of family with cancer

DawnEvans

Thank you, Coleen! I made the correction.

Dawn

Dawn Evans
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Inspire Create Share
Discover Essential Oils, Young Living, Ind. Dist.
Tupperware Consultant, Preserving Your Future

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 9:21 AM, SUDSOL [SUDSOL Leadership Board] via Card Requests <ml-node+s1100894n7728h6@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
You can EDIT your post on the website by...
1) Going to the post you want to edit
2) Clicking the "More" dropdown in the upper right
3) Selecting "Edit Post"
Coleen

DawnEvans wrote

SUDSOL Leadership Board
slb@sudsol.org
slb@sudsol.org
Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: slb@sudsol.org
If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.sudsol.org/card-request-for-2-members-of-family-with-cancer-tp7677p7728.html
To start a new topic under Card Requests, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n66h84@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from card request for 2 members of family with cancer, click here.

Dawn Evans
Raleigh, NC