Types of Scrapbooking

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Types of Scrapbooking

Diane Harman
I have a group of ladies interested in scrapbooking. I want to present to them the different ways to sb without being biased.

Has anyone put together a pro/con or any type of comparison sheet for the types of scrapbooking. I know what I like best, and why, but I want to present this information and be able to do a small demo of each so that each individual can decide on their own which method they prefer.

Here are the types that I have so far:
Traditional paper & embellishments layouts
Digital
Hybrid of traditional and digital

Project Life
Hybrid of Traditional and Project Life.

Even if you don't have a complete list of all of that, I would love whatever everyone has, even if it is just a thought or two on what is that you like/dislike about a type of scrapbooking. Then I will put it all together, and share it and have it saved in the sudsol files.

Thanks
Diane

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Types of Scrapbooking

grantj

It’s not really a type of scrapbooking, but don’t forget all the ways scrapping can be presented like the new kit Love this Life, or mini books, or cubes – those kinds of presentations that are good for a single event/theme. That way you might touch some that don’t want a whole book or project, but are willing to try something one time.

From: ml-node+s1100894n16346h25@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n16346h25@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2014 2:41 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Types of Scrapbooking

stampindiane@twc.com?subject=Types%20of%20Scrapbooking

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampindiane@twc.com

I have a group of ladies interested in scrapbooking. I want to present to them the different ways to sb without being biased.

Has anyone put together a pro/con or any type of comparison sheet for the types of scrapbooking. I know what I like best, and why, but I want to present this information and be able to do a small demo of each so that each individual can decide on their own which method they prefer.

Digital

Project Life

Even if you don't have a complete list of all of that, I would love whatever everyone has, even if it is just a thought or two on what is that you like/dislike about a type of scrapbooking. Then I will put it all together, and share it and have it saved in the sudsol files.

Thanks
Diane

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Harman, please change the email address to: stampindiane@twc.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Types-of-Scrapbooking-tp16346.html

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h61@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Types of Scrapbooking

Peggy Rios

Traditional paper & embellishments layouts - I offer these in class format several times a year.  For approx. 40.00 scrappers get 4 double page 12 x 12 layouts.  I give them the unused printed paper from the DSP.  Sometimes customers order more cardstock an embellishments to make more layouts with that extra paper.  With SAB - I will offer a reduced price class to customers and provide the printed SAB paper at no cost to them I also scrapbook for others.......usually after 1 album they are hooked to having me scrap their photo memories.....some customers I have had for 6 or 7 years.........they love the albums, the textures.....they just don't want to do them.  For my regular customers scrapbooking is a big fellowship opportunity.........they love the paper and embellishments and all the toys and techniques paper scrapbooking offers.  I also started doing a charity event during the Christmas holidays - customers make cute gifts which incorporate our products and they pay a fee AND bring specific charity items - toys (31), pet foods (52), canned goods (100+).  People who had no interest in scrapbooking or card making totally loved the gift items they made........and I chip away at the resistance!

Digital  -For digital I think of two things.......the younger tech savvy scrapper and the older scrapper (like me)  Why?  because they don't want all the "stuff".  The concept of a scrapbooking room is a total turn off for them.......As I grow older I am looking for ways to simplify my life and my space before my kids get stuck doing it!  For digital I hold basic classes where users bring their laptops and I hook mine up to the tv and we go through the basics.  Hands on sessions are KEY to motivating both sides of the spectrum...........Advanced classes include customer purchases of specific downloads or templates and we make pages together.  The goal is to get them started and used to using their computers.  if they only have a desktop I still get them to come and let them play on my computer..............I give away the sample discs..................Some customers will not change from paper to digital but I try to challenge them to use digital for specific "big" themed events in their life.  I am a HUGE paper geek........what I love about digital is..........you keep the paper always!!!!......sand I LOVE our paper and our color........and we need to really challenge SU! to stick with the digital side........they sell the 4th best digital scrapbook program in the US!   So customers like it!

Project Life  - I have purchased some of the project life offerings and think that THIS product could be a great solution for people who take photos, print them and then either shove then in a drawer or in some photo only album.  This product should appeal to people who want to put them in a photo only album for "lack of time"..............couple more steps and they can add a little bit of pizzazz to their photos without much additional effort!

Hope this is helpful!
Peggy Rios

Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 14:58:13 -0700
To: prios56@
Subject: Re: SU!: Types of Scrapbooking

<a href="mailto&#58;revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=RE&#58; Types of Scrapbooking">Click here to reply directly to grantj privately at revjanstamps@...
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

It’s not really a type of scrapbooking, but don’t forget all the ways scrapping can be presented like the new kit Love this Life, or mini books, or cubes – those kinds of presentations that are good for a single event/theme. That way you might touch some that don’t want a whole book or project, but are willing to try something one time.

From: ml-node+s1100894n16346h25@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n16346h25@.nabble]

stampindiane@?subject=Types%20of%20Scrapbooking

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampindiane@

Digital

Project Life

Thanks
Diane

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Harman, please change the email address to: stampindiane@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Types-of-Scrapbooking-tp16346.html

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h61@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@...
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Types-of-Scrapbooking-tp16346p16347.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h5@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Types of Scrapbooking

Jeanne Moss

Very informative and great ideas.  Thanks for sharing, Peggy!

Jeanne Moss
526 Langley Trace
Elizabethtown, KY  42701
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 29, 2014, at 7:11 PM, SUDSOL [Peggy Rios] via Creative Idea Shares <ml-node+s1100894n16353h84@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

prios56@hotmail.com?subject=RE: SU!: Types of Scrapbooking
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: prios56@hotmail.com

Traditional paper & embellishments layouts - I offer these in class format several times a year.  For approx. 40.00 scrappers get 4 double page 12 x 12 layouts.  I give them the unused printed paper from the DSP.  Sometimes customers order more cardstock an embellishments to make more layouts with that extra paper.  With SAB - I will offer a reduced price class to customers and provide the printed SAB paper at no cost to them I also scrapbook for others.......usually after 1 album they are hooked to having me scrap their photo memories.....some customers I have had for 6 or 7 years.........they love the albums, the textures.....they just don't want to do them.  For my regular customers scrapbooking is a big fellowship opportunity.........they love the paper and embellishments and all the toys and techniques paper scrapbooking offers.  I also started doing a charity event during the Christmas holidays - customers make cute gifts which incorporate our products and they pay a fee AND bring specific charity items - toys (31), pet foods (52), canned goods (100+).  People who had no interest in scrapbooking or card making totally loved the gift items they made........and I chip away at the resistance!

Digital  -For digital I think of two things.......the younger tech savvy scrapper and the older scrapper (like me)  Why?  because they don't want all the "stuff".  The concept of a scrapbooking room is a total turn off for them.......As I grow older I am looking for ways to simplify my life and my space before my kids get stuck doing it!  For digital I hold basic classes where users bring their laptops and I hook mine up to the tv and we go through the basics.  Hands on sessions are KEY to motivating both sides of the spectrum...........Advanced classes include customer purchases of specific downloads or templates and we make pages together.  The goal is to get them started and used to using their computers.  if they only have a desktop I still get them to come and let them play on my computer..............I give away the sample discs..................Some customers will not change from paper to digital but I try to challenge them to use digital for specific "big" themed events in their life.  I am a HUGE paper geek........what I love about digital is..........you keep the paper always!!!!......sand I LOVE our paper and our color........and we need to really challenge SU! to stick with the digital side........they sell the 4th best digital scrapbook program in the US!   So customers like it!

Project Life  - I have purchased some of the project life offerings and think that THIS product could be a great solution for people who take photos, print them and then either shove then in a drawer or in some photo only album.  This product should appeal to people who want to put them in a photo only album for "lack of time"..............couple more steps and they can add a little bit of pizzazz to their photos without much additional effort!

Hope this is helpful!
Peggy Rios

Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 14:58:13 -0700
To: prios56@
Subject: Re: SU!: Types of Scrapbooking

<a href="mailto&#58;revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=RE&#58; Types of Scrapbooking">Click here to reply directly to grantj privately at revjanstamps@...
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampindiane@

Digital

Project Life

Thanks
Diane

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Harman, please change the email address to: stampindiane@

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h61@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Types-of-Scrapbooking-tp16346p16347.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h5@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Peggy Rios, please change the email address to: prios56@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Types-of-Scrapbooking-tp16346p16353.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h3@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

2nd Request: Types of Scrapbooking

Diane Harman
In reply to this post by grantj

stampindiane@twc.com?subject=Types%20of%20Scrapbooking

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampindiane@twc.com

I did get several replies to my first request, but I figured some people might have been on vacation during the holidays, so I am sending a second request out. I have received some great thoughts on this, but would like to have as much as I can!

Digital

Project Life

Thanks
Diane

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Harman, please change the email address to: stampindiane@twc.com

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h61@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h36@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: 2nd Request: Types of Scrapbooking

Sue Erickson

You can also combine Project Life with digital. There are digital downloads for all the card kits and stamp brushes for the stamps.

Sue Erickson, Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Life is good when you walk with God!

http://creationsbysue.stampinup.net
www.soggystamper.com
www.mydigitalcraftcorner.com

What would you do with some extra cash? Want a job where you decide when to work and how much you want to earn? Contact me for more details!

On Monday, January 5, 2015 6:03 PM, SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Creative Idea Shares <ml-node+s1100894n16556h14@.nabble> wrote:

stampindiane@twc.com?subject=2nd%20Request:%20Types%20of%20Scrapbooking

I did get several replies to my first request, but I figured some people might have been on vacation during the holidays, so I am sending a second request out. I have received some great thoughts on this, but would like to have as much as I can!

Digital

Project Life

Thanks
Diane

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h36@.nabble

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Types-of-Scrapbooking-tp16346p16556.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h40@.nabble