Trouble with Clear Mount labels

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sue Erickson

Does anyone else have trouble with the labels drawing up the stamp into a slightly cupped shape after you have mounted the labels? I put my labels on even before removing the stamps from the surrounding rubber and try to get them as accurately mounted as possible. Then some time later when I go to use the stamp, the labels hang over the edge and the stamp is slightly cupped. This makes it hard for the stamp to stick to the block. Pulling an edge of the label back to the middle of the stamp and reapplying it with the stamp flat again usually works but it is hard to get the label off and I think it tends to stretch it.

Does anyone have an idea why this happens?

Sue Erickson, Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Life is good when you walk with God!

http://creationsbysue.stampinup.net
www.soggystamper.com
www.mydigitalcraftcorner.com

What would you do with some extra cash? Want a job where you decide when to work and how much you want to earn? Contact me for more details!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Trouble with Clear Mount labels

cherylbarclay

I have the same problem! I would like to know if anyone knows how to fix it. I thought it was something we just had to deal with. 

Cheryl Barclay
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 15, 2014, at 1:34 PM, "SUDSOL [ericksons] via Creative Idea Shares" <ml-node+s1100894n11771h51@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

akviewpt@yahoo.com?subject=Trouble with Clear Mount labels
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: akviewpt@yahoo.com

Does anyone else have trouble with the labels drawing up the stamp into a slightly cupped shape after you have mounted the labels? I put my labels on even before removing the stamps from the surrounding rubber and try to get them as accurately mounted as possible. Then some time later when I go to use the stamp, the labels hang over the edge and the stamp is slightly cupped. This makes it hard for the stamp to stick to the block. Pulling an edge of the label back to the middle of the stamp and reapplying it with the stamp flat again usually works but it is hard to get the label off and I think it tends to stretch it.

www.soggystamper.com

What would you do with some extra cash? Want a job where you decide when to work and how much you want to earn? Contact me for more details!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to ericksons, please change the email address to: akviewpt@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Trouble-with-Clear-Mount-labels-tp11771.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h12@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Trouble with Clear Mount labels

Phyllis Strickland

Mine do that, too, and because of that I am very careful when I apply the label.  I cannot come up with anything to explain it.  Many times I mounted the set and didn't even use it yet, but then when I want to use it, this happened.

So now I see others have the same issue it got me to thinking - next time I label a new set I am doing to separate the stamps but keep them in the rubber "frame"  and then leave them set a day or two.  Maybe they are stretched when they are still attached to the surrounding rubber and then gradually "unstretch" after they are released.

Phyllis Strickland

From: ml-node+s1100894n11773h97@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n11773h97@.nabble]

I have the same problem! I would like to know if anyone knows how to fix it. I thought it was something we just had to deal with. 
Cheryl Barclay
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 15, 2014, at 1:34 PM, "SUDSOL [ericksons] via Creative Idea Shares" <ml-node+s1100894n11771h51@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: RE: Re: Trouble with Clear Mount labels

Sue Erickson

I'm glad to know I am not alone in this problem, that even with trimming off the edges of the label it still can happen. Phyllis, I do leave mine in the rubber frames and that doesn't stop the cupping. I'm going to call DS and see what they have to suggest.

www.soggystamper.com

On Tuesday, July 15, 2014 12:36 PM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Creative Idea Shares <ml-node+s1100894n11775h3@.nabble> wrote:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=RE:%20Re:%20Trouble%20with%20Clear%20Mount%20labels
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Mine do that, too, and because of that I am very careful when I apply the label.  I cannot come up with anything to explain it.  Many times I mounted the set and didn't even use it yet, but then when I want to use it, this happened.

So now I see others have the same issue it got me to thinking - next time I label a new set I am doing to separate the stamps but keep them in the rubber "frame"  and then leave them set a day or two.  Maybe they are stretched when they are still attached to the surrounding rubber and then gradually "unstretch" after they are released.

Phyllis Strickland

From: ml-node+s1100894n11773h97@.nabble [mailto: ml-node+s1100894n11773h97@.nabble ]

Cheryl Barclay
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 15, 2014, at 1:34 PM, "SUDSOL [ericksons] via Creative Idea Shares" < ml-node+s1100894n11771h51@.nabble > wrote:

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Trouble-with-Clear-Mount-labels-tp11771p11775.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h40@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: RE: Re: Trouble with Clear Mount labels

Phyllis Strickland

OOPS    I missed part of my sentence:

So now I see others have the same issue it got me to thinking - next time I label a new set I am doing to separate the stamps from the rubber "frame"  but keep them in the rubber "frame"  and then leave them set a day or two before I attach the labels.  Maybe they are stretched when they are still attached to the surrounding rubber and then gradually "unstretch" after they are released.

Does that make more sense??

Phyllis

From: ml-node+s1100894n11776h90@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n11776h90@.nabble]

I'm glad to know I am not alone in this problem, that even with trimming off the edges of the label it still can happen. Phyllis, I do leave mine in the rubber frames and that doesn't stop the cupping. I'm going to call DS and see what they have to suggest.

On Tuesday, July 15, 2014 12:36 PM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Creative Idea Shares <ml-node+s1100894n11775h3@.nabble> wrote:

Phyllis Strickland

From: ml-node+s1100894n11773h97@.nabble [mailto: ml-node+s1100894n11773h97@.nabble ]

Cheryl Barclay
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 15, 2014, at 1:34 PM, "SUDSOL [ericksons] via Creative Idea Shares" < ml-node+s1100894n11771h51@.nabble > wrote:

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: RE: Re: Trouble with Clear Mount labels

Cindy McCool
In reply to this post by Phyllis Strickland

I’ve had it happen to me but thought it was just me!

Cindy McCool

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

From: ml-node+s1100894n11775h72@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n11775h72@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 1:36 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: RE: Re: Trouble with Clear Mount labels

pstrickland@me.com?subject=RE:%20Re:%20Trouble%20with%20Clear%20Mount%20labels

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

Phyllis Strickland

From: ml-node+s1100894n11773h97@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n11773h97@.nabble]

Cheryl Barclay
Sent from my iPhone

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Trouble-with-Clear-Mount-labels-tp11771p11775.html

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h9@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4716 / Virus Database: 3986/7858 - Release Date: 07/15/14

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)
Reply | Threaded
|

janmcclurg
In reply to this post by Sue Erickson

Trouble with Clear Mount labels  When I mount my clear mount stamps, I peal off the protective papers from the back
of the stamp and the label itself.  BUT, I leave the label page on my desk top and 
press the stamp into the label.  With the solid, flat desk under the sticky label,
I never have curly stamps.  

Hope that helps.

-- 
Jan McClurg                                                     jan@mcclurghome.com
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Since May 1996
623-572-0382

akviewpt@yahoo.com?subject=Re: SU!: RE: Re: Trouble with Clear Mount labels 
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: akviewpt@

www.soggystamper.com

pstrickland@?subject=RE:%20Re:%20Trouble%20with%20Clear%20Mount%20labels 
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Mine do that, too, and because of that I am very careful when I apply the label.  I cannot come up with anything to explain it.  Many times I mounted the set and didn't even use it yet, but then when I want to use it, this happened.

So now I see others have the same issue it got me to thinking - next time I label a new set I am doing to separate the stamps but keep them in the rubber "frame"  and then leave them set a day or two.  Maybe they are stretched when they are still attached to the surrounding rubber and then gradually "unstretch" after they are released.

Phyllis Strickland

From: ml-node+s1100894n11773h97@.nabble [mailto: ml-node+s1100894n11773h97@.nabble ] 

Cheryl Barclay
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 15, 2014, at 1:34 PM, "SUDSOL [ericksons] via Creative Idea Shares" < ml-node+s1100894n11771h51@.nabble > wrote:

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@ 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Trouble-with-Clear-Mount-labels-tp11771p11775.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h40@.nabble 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to ericksons, please change the email address to: akviewpt@yahoo.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Trouble-with-Clear-Mount-labels-tp11771p11776.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h96@.nabble 
Reply | Threaded
|

Brenda Crawshaw

One thing I do to prevent this cupping from happening is, once I have removed the stamps from the frame (which I then peel the backing off of and stick into the case to hold the stamps in place), is to closely trim the stickers (and I still trim my stamps, too) and peel off only HALF the backing along the cut they provide and align the SIDE WITH THE BACKING STILL ATTACHED to the stamp and only when I have it right do I gently press down the sticky side.  Then I peel off the rest of the backing and press down the rest of the sticker.  Since I did this I haven't had a single stamp cup.

From: "SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Creative Idea Shares" <ml-node+s1100894n11775h95@.nabble>
To: "SUDSOL Group" <bhc62@>
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:36:01 PM

pstrickland@me.com?subject=RE: Re: Trouble with Clear Mount labels
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Phyllis Strickland

Cheryl Barclay
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 15, 2014, at 1:34 PM, "SUDSOL [ericksons] via Creative Idea Shares" <ml-node+s1100894n11771h51@.nabble> wrote:

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h32@.nabble

Brenda Crawshaw Blog: http://www.TheCrawshawGroup.com Website: http://www.brendacrawshaw.stampinup.net Contact me! Bhc62@rcn.com or Brenda@WithABirdsEyeView.com 508-628-9765
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Trouble with Clear Mount labels

Cindy McCool
In reply to this post by janmcclurg

This is how I do it as well, but occasionally there is a curly stamp because I’ve not been 100% careful about keeping the labels on their packaging. Sometimes getting the protective covering off of the label is more than difficult. It is those where I have to mount separately that have cupped for me. As you said, with a solid, flat desk under the sticky label sheet, and the stamps pressed onto the label there, not a problem.

Glad for this discussion as I was thinking it was just me and I should know better than to think I’m unique. J

Cindy McCool

From: ml-node+s1100894n11779h96@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n11779h96@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:17 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Trouble with Clear Mount labels

jan@mcclurghome.com?subject=Trouble%20with%20Clear%20Mount%20labels

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jan@mcclurghome.com

When I mount my clear mount stamps, I peal off the protective papers from the back
of the stamp and the label itself.  BUT, I leave the label page on my desk top and 
press the stamp into the label.  With the solid, flat desk under the sticky label,

Hope that helps.

-- 
Jan McClurg                                                     jan@mcclurghome.com
Since May 1996
623-572-0382

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: akviewpt@

www.soggystamper.com

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Mine do that, too, and because of that I am very careful when I apply the label.  I cannot come up with anything to explain it.  Many times I mounted the set and didn't even use it yet, but then when I want to use it, this happened.

So now I see others have the same issue it got me to thinking - next time I label a new set I am doing to separate the stamps but keep them in the rubber "frame"  and then leave them set a day or two.  Maybe they are stretched when they are still attached to the surrounding rubber and then gradually "unstretch" after they are released.

Phyllis Strickland

From: ml-node+s1100894n11773h97@.nabble [mailto: ml-node+s1100894n11773h97@.nabble ] 

Cheryl Barclay
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 15, 2014, at 1:34 PM, "SUDSOL [ericksons] via Creative Idea Shares" < ml-node+s1100894n11771h51@.nabble > wrote:

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@ 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Trouble-with-Clear-Mount-labels-tp11771p11775.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h40@.nabble 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to ericksons, please change the email address to: akviewpt@yahoo.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Trouble-with-Clear-Mount-labels-tp11771p11776.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h96@.nabble 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to janmcclurg, please change the email address to: jan@mcclurghome.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Trouble-with-Clear-Mount-labels-tp11771p11779.html

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h9@n5.nabble.com

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4716 / Virus Database: 3986/7858 - Release Date: 07/15/14

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: RE: Re: Trouble with Clear Mount labels

Sue Erickson
In reply to this post by Brenda Crawshaw

The person I talked to at DS had not heard of this problem nor had her supervisor. The supervisor suggested I start a thread on Stampin' Connection about this and suggest to any other demos who have this problem to call DS. The person helping me says she trims her labels close to the image and has not had the problem of the stamps cupping.

Now my question to you who do trim your stamps, how do you get the image positioned to accurately match the stamp? Is it like we have to do with wood mounts, make a calculated guess and try again if it isn't right?

www.soggystamper.com

On Tuesday, July 15, 2014 1:25 PM, SUDSOL [Brenda Crawshaw] via Creative Idea Shares <ml-node+s1100894n11780h58@.nabble> wrote:

bhc62@rcn.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20RE:%20Re:%20Trouble%20with%20Clear%20Mount%20labels
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bhc62@

One thing I do to prevent this cupping from happening is, once I have removed the stamps from the frame (which I then peel the backing off of and stick into the case to hold the stamps in place), is to closely trim the stickers (and I still trim my stamps, too) and peel off only HALF the backing along the cut they provide and align the SIDE WITH THE BACKING STILL ATTACHED to the stamp and only when I have it right do I gently press down the sticky side.  Then I peel off the rest of the backing and press down the rest of the sticker.  Since I did this I haven't had a single stamp cup.

From: "SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Creative Idea Shares" < ml-node+s1100894n11775h95@.nabble >
To: "SUDSOL Group" < bhc62@ >
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:36:01 PM

pstrickland@?subject=RE: Re: Trouble with Clear Mount labels

Phyllis Strickland

Cheryl Barclay
Sent from my iPhone

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h32@.nabble

Brenda Crawshaw, the Up All Night Stamper in Framingham, Massachusetts Blog: http://www.upallnightstamper.com Website: http://www.brendacrawshaw.stampinup.net I also coach Stamping Business Owners! http://www.stampingismybusiness.com/OneOnOne.htm Contact me! Bhc62@ or Brenda@ 508-628-9765

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Brenda Crawshaw, please change the email address to: bhc62@rcn.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Trouble-with-Clear-Mount-labels-tp11771p11780.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h40@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

tinabatori

I don't put the labels on the stamps at all.  I put the label on the back of the clear mount case.  That way, (1) I know which stamps are in the set, and (2) the stamps stay more readily on the acrylic blocks.

Hope this helps,

Tina Batori
Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
and
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator

(541) 556-7714 cell

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 1:36 PM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Creative Idea Shares <ml-node+s1100894n11775h19@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
pstrickland@me.com?subject=RE:+Re:+Trouble+with+Clear+Mount+labels
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

Phyllis Strickland

Cheryl Barclay
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 15, 2014, at 1:34 PM, "SUDSOL [ericksons] via Creative Idea Shares" <ml-node%2Bs1100894n11771h51@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n2h56@n5.nabble.com

Tina Batori
Eugene, Oregon
tbatori99@gmail.com
(541) 556-7714
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Trouble with Clear Mount labels

Diane Harman

I do the same as Jan. I remove all the stamps from the rubber frame, then I peel the paper backing from a stamp and line one part of the stamp up with it's matching part on the label. The labels are lying flat on my desk. Then, I line the next adjacent part up, and make sure all of the points are lining up nicely and press the stamp down on the label.
Diane

Diane Harman
make me a channel of Your peace
----- Original Message -----
To: stampindiane@twc.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 5:16 PM
Subject: SU!: Trouble with Clear Mount labels

jan@mcclurghome.com
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jan@mcclurghome.com

When I mount my clear mount stamps, I peal off the protective papers from the back

Hope that helps.

-- 
Since May 1996
623-572-0382

www.soggystamper.com

Phyllis Strickland

Cheryl Barclay
Sent from my iPhone

If you want the reply to go ONLY to janmcclurg, please change the email address to: jan@mcclurghome.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Trouble-with-Clear-Mount-labels-tp11771p11779.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h36@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Trouble with Clear Mount labels

Maria Pobre

I was going to suggest the same. It is the best way not to stretch the label... and prevent the curling.

Happy Stamping~
Maria

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 16, 2014, at 5:16 AM, "SUDSOL [janmcclurg] via Creative Idea Shares" <ml-node+s1100894n11779h81@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

jan@mcclurghome.com?subject=Trouble with Clear Mount labels

Trouble with Clear Mount labels  When I mount my clear mount stamps, I peal off the protective papers from the back

Hope that helps.

-- 
Since May 1996
623-572-0382

www.soggystamper.com

Phyllis Strickland

Cheryl Barclay
Sent from my iPhone

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h94@n5.nabble.com