Trouble with Bokeh Dots

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Trouble with Bokeh Dots

Anne Hayward
Hi All, I've been struggling to get good stamped images using the bokeh design in the Bokeh Dots set.

I'm attaching a photo of what I've tried using Poppy Parade and Crushed Curry inks.  I've stamped with and without the craft pad as my stamping surface. The Poppy Parade is the darkest, but there is a large white area to one side.  You can't even see the bokeh in the Crushed Curry sample. I've cleaned the stamp after each time with Stampin' Mist and with water.   I understand the nature of bokeh, but what I'm coming up with seems like blobs and is unacceptable.  What do you think?  Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Anne
Anne Hayward-Outline Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Trouble with Bokeh Dots

Barb Stencel

I’m getting the white blobs on one side too.  I tried all the same things, then went to the Stamparatus.  After a few inkings without cleaning, the stamp seemed to work slightly better.  It’s very difficult to get ink on that one side that leaves blobs!  I’d be open to suggestions too….

From: ml+s1100894n44664h66@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n44664h66@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2018 6:44 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Trouble with Bokeh Dots

annehayward@wildblue.net?subject=Trouble%20with%20Bokeh%20Dots

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: annehayward@

Hi All, I've been struggling to get good stamped images using the bokeh design in the Bokeh Dots set.

I'm attaching a photo of what I've tried using Poppy Parade and Crushed Curry inks.  I've stamped with and without the craft pad as my stamping surface. The Poppy Parade is the darkest, but there is a large white area to one side.  You can't even see the bokeh in the Crushed Curry sample. I've cleaned the stamp after each time with Stampin' Mist and with water.   I understand the nature of bokeh, but what I'm coming up with seems like blobs and is unacceptable.  What do you think?  Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Anne

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Anne Hayward, please change the email address to: annehayward@wildblue.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Trouble-with-Bokeh-Dots-tp44664.html

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h44@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.

Barb Stencel
www.beelinestamping.com
847-909-1718
barb@beelinestamping.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Trouble with Bokeh Dots

Barbara Felece

What about inking with a dauber? It’s worked well for me when using the bokeh and distinctive stamps. The result with the stamp pad isn’t good when the ink pad is really juicy. Then you’re better off inking with a dauber until the ink pad is a little less juicy.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 3, 2018, at 7:50 PM, SUDSOL [Barb Stencel] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n44665h19@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

bstencel@comcast.net?subject=RE: Trouble with Bokeh Dots
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bstencel@comcast.net

I’m getting the white blobs on one side too.  I tried all the same things, then went to the Stamparatus.  After a few inkings without cleaning, the stamp seemed to work slightly better.  It’s very difficult to get ink on that one side that leaves blobs!  I’d be open to suggestions too….

From: ml+s1100894n44664h66@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n44664h66@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2018 6:44 PM
To: SUDSOL Group

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: annehayward@

Thanks in advance.
Anne

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Anne Hayward, please change the email address to: annehayward@wildblue.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Trouble-with-Bokeh-Dots-tp44664.html

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h44@.nabble

Barb Stencel
www.beelinestamping.com
847-909-1718
barb@beelinestamping.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barb Stencel, please change the email address to: bstencel@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Trouble-with-Bokeh-Dots-tp44664p44665.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h66@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Trouble with Bokeh Dots

donnab07
In reply to this post by Anne Hayward

I tried inking up the stamp with a sponge dauber – I got a perfect image.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n44664h26@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n44664h26@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 4:44 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: annehayward@wildblue.net

Thanks in advance.
Anne

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h4@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Kathy Slamar

I used it with the Stamparatus at one of my Stampin Stacks.  I found the Stamparatus to be helpful, because if you don’t get a good image the first time you can reink and try again.
We did it with three colors.  The middle color was Crushed Curry and I had them ink the middle of the stamp with a Stampin’ Spot.  We used Merry Merlot on the top and Mossy Mellow on the bottom.
they put that on with sponge daubers.  Everyone was pleased with the results.  I think the Stamparatus helps.

Kathy Slamar

On Oct 3, 2018, at 6:43 PM, SUDSOL [Anne Hayward] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n44664h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: annehayward@wildblue.net

Thanks in advance.
Anne

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h21@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Trouble with Bokeh Dots

Anne Hayward
Thanks for the suggestions.  I tried inking the stamp using daubers.  I tried using the Stamparatus.  I tried using both together.  The image is not any better.  The Stamparatus just makes it darker with each reinking/stamping.  But, I still have white blobs, especially on the side.  It does not look like bokeh.

I ended up calling SU!, and they are sending me another set.  Maybe I just have a bad stamp?  
We'll see if there is improvement with another set.
Anne
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt

I have had this happen with both rubber and the photopolymer.  SU
replaced them and the replacements were fine.  Sorry for all your
Trouble and, hopefully, the new ones will work great!

Barbara Stitt

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 4, 2018, at 4:32 PM, SUDSOL [Anne Hayward] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n44677h33@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

annehayward@wildblue.net?subject=Re: Trouble with Bokeh Dots

Thanks for the suggestions.  I tried inking the stamp using daubers.  I tried using the Stamparatus.  I tried using both together.  The image is not any better.  The Stamparatus just makes it darker with each reinking/stamping.  But, I still have white blobs, especially on the side.  It does not look like bokeh.

I ended up calling SU!, and they are sending me another set.  Maybe I just have a bad stamp?  
Anne

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Trouble-with-Bokeh-Dots-tp44664p44677.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h8@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Lisa Miller

I’ve read this thread and I’d really like to know if it was just a flawed set.  I had a flawed flower (big bloom) in First Frost.  Couple spots would not ink at all.  New one stamped beautifully!    Hope it works for you as well.  Please do share!  

Lisa Miller
<a href="tel:210.499.1195" dir="ltr" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="0/1" style="-webkit-text-decoration-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.258824); caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">210.499.1195

On Oct 4, 2018, at 3:35 PM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n44678h87@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Trouble with Bokeh Dots
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com

I have had this happen with both rubber and the photopolymer.  SU
replaced them and the replacements were fine.  Sorry for all your
Trouble and, hopefully, the new ones will work great!

Barbara Stitt

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 4, 2018, at 4:32 PM, SUDSOL [Anne Hayward] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n44677h33@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

annehayward@wildblue.net?subject=Re: Trouble with Bokeh Dots

Anne

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Trouble-with-Bokeh-Dots-tp44664p44677.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h8@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Trouble-with-Bokeh-Dots-tp44664p44678.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h31@n7.nabble.com
Lisa Miller 210.499.1195 Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator