classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tracking Your Inventory

Charlotte Lindmeier
Our question this week is:
Do any of you use your phones to keep track of your inventory?  If you do please share what software you are using and how you categorize them.

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Tracking Your Inventory

Linda Brock

That is an excellent question and one for which I would be very interested.  Often have wondered over the years how to better track all of my supplies whether it be stamps, folders, ribbon etc. 

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n55494h13@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <bodybag455@>
Sent: Wed, Sep 16, 2020 5:50 pm
Subject: SU!: Tracking Your Inventory

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Tracking%2520Your%2520Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Do any of you use your phones to keep track of your inventory?  If you do please share what software you are using and how you categorize them.

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Tracking-Your-Inventory-tp55494.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Pamela Parker
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

Yes, I’m using both my phone and my iPad for tracking my inventory.   I have tried a few different ways (excel spreadsheets/workbooks; Notebook, etc).  

I am now using COLOR MY LIFE app and am 100% happy with this app. It is well worth the $14.99 annual fee, to me. 
Just a FEW of the features I like are:
- it syncs automatically between my devices
- pictures of my Stamp sets are available right in the app
- pictures of my projects can be stored with the stamp sets in the app
- color families can be linked 
- I can track everything from stamp sets , papers, embellishments ..... to adhesives !!  You think of it in your craft room and there is probably a category there if you want that much detail ... I haven’t gotten THAT far.   

I categorize my stamps by the categories I most look for:
- Encouragement 
- Thanks
- Birthday
etc.
And in Color My Life, a Stamp set can have multiple tags. Depending on the sentiments included in the set.  

I would (and have) recommend trying this app to any avid crafter who wants a great way to track their inventory.  

Pam

On Sep 16, 2020, at 4:50 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n55494h1@.nabble> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Tracking Your Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Tracking-Your-Inventory-tp55494.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h80@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Tracking Your Inventory

donnab07

I never thought about using my phone to keep track of  my inventory – how would I do that?  I keep track of my stamp sets, dies, embossing folders and accessories by checking them off in my catalogs.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n55494h56@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n55494h56@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 2:50 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: SU!: Tracking Your Inventory

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Tracking%20Your%20Inventory

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tracking Your Inventory

Diane Gardner
Charlotte Lindmeier wrote

I use Evernote on my computer to keep track of all my stamps, dies and paper.  I believe you can have it on one other device so you could use your phone or ipad.  I also highlight with a bright pink highlighter in my catalog all my purchases.  I have doubled ordered too many times and this prevents that from happening.
Reply | Threaded
|

Lois Folla

I use Power Point with photos and each file describes the item and where it is. Also what it coordinates with and the DSP, EF, Punch etc. 

I have the same list in excel, but without a photo of course. 

I create PDF's out of each file and then add them to my Evernote which is on my iPad, Android CP, PC and lap tops. You want to you the Evernote App on your devices not the website as I've been told. 

I have everything marked in both files if they are C for Current. Or R for retired. 

I decided not to create 2 files for PowerPoint and Excel for current and retired. 

Good luck with your system. I'm on my cp now but I can take a screen shot of the PowerPoint file I made so you have an idea what you can decide the info you want handly. 

Lois Folla
Stampin' Up! Manager
stampwithlois@gmail.com
CP: 732-598-5026

Shop: www.loisfolla.stampinup.net
Blog: www.StampinPress.com

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020, 9:21 AM SUDSOL [Diane Gardner] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n55509h95@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
dggard@bellsouth.net?subject=Re:+Tracking+Your+Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: dggard@bellsouth.net

Do any of you use your phones to keep track of your inventory?  If you do please share what software you are using and how you categorize them.

I use Evernote on my computer to keep track of all my stamps, dies and paper.  I believe you can have it on one other device so you could use your phone or ipad.  I also highlight with a bright pink highlighter in my catalog all my purchases.  I have doubled ordered too many times and this prevents that from happening.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Gardner, please change the email address to: dggard@bellsouth.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Tracking-Your-Inventory-tp55494p55509.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h9@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Tracking Your Inventory

Brenda Crawshaw

You can insert photos into an Excel sheet. Just choose “Insert” in the ribbon, choose “Illustrations” and then choose from where you want to insert the photo.  WICKED timesaver!

From: ml+s1100894n55510h80@.nabble <ml+s1100894n55510h80@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2020 9:43 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <bhc62@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Tracking Your Inventory

StampWithLois@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Tracking%20Your%20Inventory

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: StampWithLois@gmail.com

I use Power Point with photos and each file describes the item and where it is. Also what it coordinates with and the DSP, EF, Punch etc.

I create PDF's out of each file and then add them to my Evernote which is on my iPad, Android CP, PC and lap tops. You want to you the Evernote App on your devices not the website as I've been told.

I have everything marked in both files if they are C for Current. Or R for retired.

I decided not to create 2 files for PowerPoint and Excel for current and retired.

Good luck with your system. I'm on my cp now but I can take a screen shot of the PowerPoint file I made so you have an idea what you can decide the info you want handly.

Lois Folla
Stampin' Up! Manager
stampwithlois@gmail.com

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020, 9:21 AM SUDSOL [Diane Gardner] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n55509h95@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

dggard@bellsouth.net?subject=Re:+Tracking+Your+Inventory

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: dggard@bellsouth.net

Do any of you use your phones to keep track of your inventory? If you do please share what software you are using and how you categorize them.

I use Evernote on my computer to keep track of all my stamps, dies and paper. I believe you can have it on one other device so you could use your phone or ipad. I also highlight with a bright pink highlighter in my catalog all my purchases. I have doubled ordered too many times and this prevents that from happening.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Gardner, please change the email address to: dggard@bellsouth.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Tracking-Your-Inventory-tp55494p55509.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: StampWithLois@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Tracking-Your-Inventory-tp55494p55510.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h63@n7.nabble.com

Virus-free. www.avast.com
Brenda Crawshaw Blog: http://www.TheCrawshawGroup.com Website: http://www.brendacrawshaw.stampinup.net Contact me! Bhc62@rcn.com or Brenda@TheCrawshawGroup.com 508-628-9765
Reply | Threaded
|

Lois Folla

Thanks Brenda.  I just choose to have a quick list with excel and not add photos. Then have photos in PowerPoint :) 

Love to hear other ideas. But I'm very happy with my way. 

Lois Folla
Stampin' Up! Manager
stampwithlois@gmail.com

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020, 9:52 AM SUDSOL [Brenda Crawshaw] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n55512h88@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
bhc62@rcn.com?subject=RE:+SU!:+Tracking+Your+Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bhc62@rcn.com

You can insert photos into an Excel sheet. Just choose “Insert” in the ribbon, choose “Illustrations” and then choose from where you want to insert the photo.  WICKED timesaver!

From: ml+s1100894n55510h80@.nabble <ml+s1100894n55510h80@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2020 9:43 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <bhc62@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Tracking Your Inventory

StampWithLois@...?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Tracking%20Your%20Inventory

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: StampWithLois@gmail.com

Lois Folla
Stampin' Up! Manager
stampwithlois@gmail.com

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020, 9:21 AM SUDSOL [Diane Gardner] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n55509h95@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

dggard@...?subject=Re:+Tracking+Your+Inventory

Do any of you use your phones to keep track of your inventory? If you do please share what software you are using and how you categorize them.

I use Evernote on my computer to keep track of all my stamps, dies and paper. I believe you can have it on one other device so you could use your phone or ipad. I also highlight with a bright pink highlighter in my catalog all my purchases. I have doubled ordered too many times and this prevents that from happening.

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h9@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: StampWithLois@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Tracking-Your-Inventory-tp55494p55510.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h63@n7.nabble.com

Virus-free. www.avast.com
Brenda Crawshaw Blog: http://www.TheCrawshawGroup.com Website: http://www.brendacrawshaw.stampinup.net Contact me! Bhc62@rcn.com or Brenda@ 508-628-9765

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Brenda Crawshaw, please change the email address to: bhc62@rcn.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Tracking-Your-Inventory-tp55494p55512.html