Thinlit Folding Dies

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Thinlit Folding Dies

Diane Harman
I need your alls help please.  This happened to me at Christmas with the little box die, and so I never showed it again.

Now I am getting ready for club - in one hour- and I am trying to make a treat bag using the die. If I use two cutting pads, the die cuts through the DSP on the fold lines. Or sometimes it only splits apart when I actually fold it along the fold marks.

I have tried using my crease pad with it, but then nothing cuts.  I think I need to shim, but don't really know at this point.

I have two Big Shots, and I'm having the same problem with both.

Thanks
Diane
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Thinlit Folding Dies

Joan Norman

I use waxed paper between the cs and thinlit and sometimes on the top of the die also.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 9, 2015, at 4:40 PM, SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n16659h49@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

stampindiane@twc.com?subject=Thinlit Folding Dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampindiane@twc.com

I need your alls help please.  This happened to me at Christmas with the little box die, and so I never showed it again.

Now I am getting ready for club - in one hour- and I am trying to make a treat bag using the die. If I use two cutting pads, the die cuts through the DSP on the fold lines. Or sometimes it only splits apart when I actually fold it along the fold marks.

I have tried using my crease pad with it, but then nothing cuts.  I think I need to shim, but don't really know at this point.

Thanks
Diane

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Harman, please change the email address to: stampindiane@twc.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h94@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Thinlit Folding Dies

Diane Harman

With which pad Joan?

From: ml-node+s1100894n16660h34@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n16660h34@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, January 9, 2015 5:34 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: Re: SU!: Thinlit Folding Dies

stampnjoan@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Thinlit%20Folding%20Dies

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampnjoan@gmail.com

I use waxed paper between the cs and thinlit and sometimes on the top of the die also.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 9, 2015, at 4:40 PM, SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n16659h49@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampindiane@twc.com

Thanks
Diane

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Harman, please change the email address to: stampindiane@twc.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h94@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Joan Norman, please change the email address to: stampnjoan@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p16660.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h48@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Diane Harman

I know it shouldn't matter, but are you using the Magnetic Platform or Mulitpurpose Platform?

Happy Stampin'~

On Jan 10, 2015, at 7:40 AM, SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n16659h61@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Thanks
Diane

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h6@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Joan Norman

I use the magnetic plate with two cutting pads--  magnetic platform, cs, waxed paper, die,waxed paper, then top cutting plate.

Joan Norman
Stampnjoan@gmail.com

On Jan 9, 2015, at 5:54 PM, SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n16663h73@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

stampindiane@twc.com?subject=RE: SU!: Thinlit Folding Dies

With which pad Joan?

From: ml-node+s1100894n16660h34@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n16660h34@.nabble]

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampnjoan@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks
Diane

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Joan Norman, please change the email address to: stampnjoan@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p16660.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h48@n5.nabble.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p16663.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Harman
In reply to this post by Maria Pobre

I was using the multi purpose. I tried the magnetic too, but the die wanted to slip too much even though the pad was pretty flat.

From: ml-node+s1100894n16664h58@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n16664h58@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, January 9, 2015 6:38 PM

miaguam01@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Thinlit%20Folding%20Dies

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@yahoo.com

I know it shouldn't matter, but are you using the Magnetic Platform or Mulitpurpose Platform?

Happy Stampin'~

On Jan 10, 2015, at 7:40 AM, SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n16659h61@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Thanks
Diane

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h6@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p16664.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Harman

The wax paper seemed to help. The part where the paper kept tearing on this die was when we would fold the bottom end up over the back of the bag. That fold would just split open. No one seemed to have a problem when using the wax paper between the DSP and die.

Thanks

Diane

From: ml-node+s1100894n16667h51@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n16667h51@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, January 9, 2015 9:39 PM

stampindiane@twc.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Thinlit%20Folding%20Dies

I was using the multi purpose. I tried the magnetic too, but the die wanted to slip too much even though the pad was pretty flat.

From: ml-node+s1100894n16664h58@.nabble [ml-node+s1100894n16664h58@.nabble]

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@yahoo.com

Happy Stampin'~

Thanks
Diane

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p16664.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p16667.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

I find that when the Thinlit wants to slip while using the Magnetic Platform it is because it is between magnets. Try realigning it a little bit. Sometimes it means placing it off center. Also, if the pads aren't completely flat then it helps to push down on the sandwich with one hand until the rollers grab the Thinlit.

Happy Stampin'~

On Jan 10, 2015, at 12:38 PM, SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n16667h9@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

From: ml-node+s1100894n16664h58@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n16664h58@.nabble]

Happy Stampin'~

Thanks
Diane

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p16667.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

Wonderful!

Happy Stampin'~

On Jan 10, 2015, at 12:42 PM, SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n16668h40@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

The wax paper seemed to help. The part where the paper kept tearing on this die was when we would fold the bottom end up over the back of the bag. That fold would just split open. No one seemed to have a problem when using the wax paper between the DSP and die.

Thanks

Diane

From: ml-node+s1100894n16667h51@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n16667h51@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, January 9, 2015 9:39 PM

stampindiane@twc.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Thinlit%20Folding%20Dies

From: ml-node+s1100894n16664h58@.nabble [ml-node+s1100894n16664h58@.nabble]

Happy Stampin'~

Thanks
Diane

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p16668.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Wilkinsonb
In reply to this post by Joan Norman

Are your plates warped?

Brenda Wilkinson
Your indépendent Stampin' Up! demonstrator
BJ Stamping Treasures
Bring Joy with BJ Stamping Treasures
1-413-203-5196

On Jan 9, 2015, at 7:00 PM, SUDSOL [Joan Norman] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n16665h83@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

stampnjoan@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Thinlit Folding Dies

I use the magnetic plate with two cutting pads--  magnetic platform, cs, waxed paper, die,waxed paper, then top cutting plate.

Joan Norman

On Jan 9, 2015, at 5:54 PM, SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n16663h73@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

With which pad Joan?

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks
Diane

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p16663.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p16665.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h42@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Harman

I have had a problem with my network card, so I am late in replying.

My plates were in good condition. One was completely flat, and the other had just a slight curve in it.

Diane

From: ml-node+s1100894n16674h68@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n16674h68@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, January 9, 2015 11:37 PM

brendalovesherphotos@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Thinlit%20Folding%20Dies

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: brendalovesherphotos@yahoo.com

Are your plates warped?

Brenda Wilkinson

BJ Stamping Treasures

1-413-203-5196

On Jan 9, 2015, at 7:00 PM, SUDSOL [Joan Norman] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n16665h83@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

stampnjoan@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Thinlit Folding Dies

Joan Norman

Stampnjoan@gmail.com

With which pad Joan?

From: ml-node+s1100894n16660h34@.nabble [ml-node+s1100894n16660h34@.nabble]

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks
Diane

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p16665.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h42@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Wilkinsonb, please change the email address to: brendalovesherphotos@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p16674.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Joan Norman

Diane, I am sorry you are having a hard time. The butterfly die worked great with my description below.

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 6:04 PM, SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n16746h46@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
stampindiane@twc.com?subject=RE:+SU!:+Thinlit+Folding+Dies

I have had a problem with my network card, so I am late in replying.

My plates were in good condition. One was completely flat, and the other had just a slight curve in it.

Diane

From: ml-node+s1100894n16674h68@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n16674h68@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, January 9, 2015 11:37 PM

brendalovesherphotos@...?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Thinlit%20Folding%20Dies

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: brendalovesherphotos@yahoo.com

Are your plates warped?

Brenda Wilkinson

BJ Stamping Treasures

<a href="tel:1-413-203-5196" target="_blank" value="+14132035196">1-413-203-5196

On Jan 9, 2015, at 7:00 PM, SUDSOL [Joan Norman] via Product Q&As <ml-node%2Bs1100894n16665h83@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

stampnjoan@...?subject=Re: SU!: Thinlit Folding Dies

Joan Norman

Stampnjoan@gmail.com

On Jan 9, 2015, at 5:54 PM, SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Product Q&As <ml-node%2Bs1100894n16663h73@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

With which pad Joan?

From: ml-node+s1100894n16660h34@.nabble [ml-node+s1100894n16660h34@.nabble]

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 9, 2015, at 4:40 PM, SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Product Q&As <ml-node%2Bs1100894n16659h49@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

I need your alls help please.  This happened to me at Christmas with the little box die, and so I never showed it again.

I have tried using my crease pad with it, but then nothing cuts.  I think I need to shim, but don't really know at this point.

Thanks
Diane

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h94@n5.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h48@n5.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h94@n5.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h42@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Wilkinsonb, please change the email address to: brendalovesherphotos@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p16674.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h48@n5.nabble.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p16746.html

--
Joan Norman
Stampin' Up! demonstrator
stampnjoan@gmail.com

Cell: 502-548-5886
Phone: 502-239-4475

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

Diane wrote: I was using the multipurpose. I tried the magnetic too, but the die wanted to slip too much even though the pad was pretty flat.

Well....

I had the opportunity to play with my Mini Treat Bag Thinlit again today. I discovered that it kept wanting to slide on my Magnetic Platform as well. My solution was to leave the Thinlit where the magnets were pulling it and move the paper instead. I was easily able to line everything up by doing it this way.

I hope this helps those of you who have been having a similar problem.

Happy Stampin'~