Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The One Thing It Takes To Succeed! - Monthly SIMB/SUDSOL Article

John Sanpietro

The One Thing It Takes To Succeed!

by John Sanpietro, CMC(IAC)
Stamping Is My Business!

If you look at all of the successful stamping business owners out there today, you will see a very diverse group of people.  I'm honored to Coach some of the most profitable Demos today, and I can tell you they all have very little in common.

Some have families, some don't.  Some are old, some are young.  Some live in cities, some live in rural areas.  Some are very tech savvy, some aren't.  Some do classes, some don't.  And so on...

There is one thing, however, they ALL have in common.  

It is the one thing that is absolutely necessary if any of you want to be successful.

What is the one thing?

COMMITMENT!

Now, before you say you are committed, I really want you to think about what commitment means.

Commitment means you've decided something is a priority and you're going to do what it takes to get it done.

And, again, before you say you've already made that decision, think about what THAT means...

- It means you've dedicated enough time necessary to making it happen
 - It means you're willing to say 'no' to other things that encroach on that time
 - It means you're willing to learn what you need to learn in order to possess the skill set necessary to achieve the goal
 - It means you're not going to let ANYTHING stand in your way (within the rules, of course)

Here's the bottom line:

When you're committed, you'll find a way.  When you're not committed, you'll find an excuse.

A lot of people will tell you that business is complicated... and in some specific instances, it can be.

At the outset, though, before you ever laser in on the things that can be more complex, this foundational element is very simple.  You either have the commitment, or you don't.  

This may be upsetting to hear, because almost all of us want to be successful.  If you don't have the commitment to back up that desire with your actions, though, it's very unlikely to happen.

I have clients who blow me away every day with their level of commitment.  Ironically, they also tend to be the business owners who have the best work/life balance, as well, because their level of commitment to success extends beyond their business.

I have clients with truly debilitating illnesses who, almost literally, drag themselves out of bed to work their business and get more done in a day than many perfectly healthy business owners.

I have clients who have other jobs.  Clients who have young children and many obligations.  And they get more done than business owners who have time to spare.

It's not about your situation.  It's about your level of commitment.  

When you're committed, you'll find a way.  When you're not, you'll find an excuse.

So, as we approach 2015, now is a good time to take stock, be honest with yourself, and decide how truly committed you are.  If you are committed, get your business in shape over the next few weeks so you can hit the ground running in new year!

And by the way, it's OK if you decide you're not committed.  There's nothing wrong with that, as long as you're being honest with yourself regarding the expectations you have of the business.

The most important thing is to have clarity.  To know where you stand with yourself.

Honestly, that clarity is the best gift.

To your continued success!
Warmest regards,

John

John Sanpietro
Certified Master Coach (Int'l Association of Coaches)
Stamping Is My Business!

The 2015 Social Networking Boot Camp, Part 1!
Early Bird Thru March 24th!
Email Blythe (blythek@mac.com) for the SUDSOL Discount Code!