The Bundles We Sell

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The Bundles We Sell

Charlotte Lindmeier
New catalogs are always fun. Checking out what works and what doesn’t for selling is always important. Thanks to the demonstrators that shared their ideas this week. Sharing is what makes SUDSOL so great. Our winner, Barbara Rathmell, wins a week of FREE SUDSOl this week.

Our question this week is:
How do you encourage your customers to buy bundles?
My customers also purchase the bundles.  I make sure they understand the bundle pricing is for the life of the catalog in which it was first released.  Also if someone just orders the stamp set I make sure they realize they are loosing the 10% discount. 
Most of my customers do buy the bundles for the 10% discount

I use the bundles in my classes/clubs and always emphasize the bundles are 10% off and that once they are out of the current catalog, they are no longer bundled with the 10% discount!
Yes, the bundles are a big hit at my kickoffs. I also offer a freebie - order any 2 bundles and receive a free ink pad.
I hope they continue to offer them at 10% off.
If I see someone has ordered one piece of a bundle, I always ask them if they would rather order the bundle.  Most times, they will switch to the bundle if I point it out and tell them they’ll save 10%.
All I say is, I love saving money, so when you buy this ss , don’t forget to get the dies in the ‘bundle’. Bundles are available for the first year, then you have to buy them separately. I also notice some ladies forget and order the stamp sets and dies not realizing it’s a bundle or not being able to find it…. and I tell them I saved them money ordering the bundle, do they mind?
I demonstrate the bundles at classes.  I find if I show it and they get to use the products, they will buy it.
I almost always buy the bundles for sets that I want for myself. If I buy it, I use it in my stamp clubs and workshops.
Bottom line, I guess like most of the SU products I promote, I let the customer decide what they really want, what they will really use, and if the price is worth it for the crafting they do. Some will spend $120.00, others only $12.00. It matters not how much they spend, but whether they get enjoyment out of that purchase and don't regret it down the road. Then I've done my job.
If I show it, they often buy it, so I almost exclusively use bundles.   They love bundles especially punches.  Nearly everyone has bought the perennial essence bundle and DSP or the suite.  Nothing in the spring mini has been a hit so far, even when I use a bundle for the project.  They express dislike of the poppy bundle - I believe the presentation in the catalog is too gaudy.
I estimate that 75% of my SAB sales are from the main catalog, so IMHO the spring catalog has fallen a little flat.
My customers seem to buy what I demo. They have realized that if they are going to buy the stamp set they are going to want the dies.
My customer's love bundles. So far Timeless Tropics,By the Dock and Grace's Garden most popular. Have sold Clubhouse and Honey Bee. There are not liking Poppy bundle it doesn't coordinate the way they want. They are only purchasing the die with the Poppy’s.
Interesting, my gals all have ordered the poppy bundle!
My Hawaiian customers are buying the Timeless Tropical (go figure). One bought the whole suite and one bought the Stamp/Dies bundle along with the paper and embossing folder.

Next week I’m sending the rest of my customers cards made using parts of the bundle to try to get them excited as we go into the last month of SAB.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week