Techniques Throwback Thursdays

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Techniques Throwback Thursdays

Debra  Brown
This is my VERY first swap I ever did.....It was for the Seattle Regional (which I drove 9 hours by myself for).  

I was so nervous about this swap, and once I got there the first person I asked to swap said “no I don’t think so”, my confidence hit bottom and I walked away…..then a very sweet lady came up to me, said “I would love to swap for you card”.  She complemented my work, say this is what Stampin’ Up! is all about.  Feeling better I started swapping, I later learned the very sweet lady was Donna Griffith!  Thank goodness Donna came up to me, otherwise I was determined that this was going to be my first and last event as a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, that I was not creative enough for them that was 6 years ago and look at me now!  Do you have your first swap card?  If so post it in the Throwback Thursdays Ch.allenge Gallery, once I get 5 posts I can give away a free week of SUDSOL

Technique Throwback Thrusday
It is time to show off your Technique Skills, new or old, a technique never goes out of style.  You can show us your style whether you have it on an old card or scrapbook page OR maybe you have just discovered techniques and have creations you just made…..show us!
  Here's what you need to do
Post a picture in the Techniques Challenge area   http://www.sudsol.org/members/gallery/g3411-technique-challenge.html     
using  THROWBACK THURSDAY   as the title,
tell us the technique you used,
what stamp set it was (if you remember it).  
You will have until Wednesday to add your throwback technique to our gallery, but don’t put it off, get it to our gallery so you don’t forget like I do!  

Once we have five (5) posting someone will have a chance at winning a week free SUDSOL time.  

Run to your secret stash of favorite cards, look through for a great technique and get it posted….This is a one day only chance, so hurry, hurry, hurry!  

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Techniques Throwback Thursdays

Maria Pobre

I love it... and would have traded with you!

Happy Stampin'~

On Jul 11, 2014, at 12:55 AM, "SUDSOL [Debra  Brown] via Creative Idea Shares" <ml-node+s1100894n11591h53@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com?subject=Techniques Throwback Thursdays
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com

This is my VERY first swap I ever did.....It was for the Seattle Regional (which I drove 9 hours by myself for).  

I was so nervous about this swap, and once I got there the first person I asked to swap said “no I don’t think so”, my confidence hit bottom and I walked away…..then a very sweet lady came up to me, said “I would love to swap for you card”.  She complemented my work, say this is what Stampin’ Up! is all about.  Feeling better I started swapping, I later learned the very sweet lady was Donna Griffith!  Thank goodness Donna came up to me, otherwise I was determined that this was going to be my first and last event as a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, that I was not creative enough for them that was 6 years ago and look at me now!  Do you have your first swap card?  If so post it in the Throwback Thursdays Ch.allenge Gallery, once I get 5 posts I can give away a free week of SUDSOL

It is time to show off your Technique Skills, new or old, a technique never goes out of style.  You can show us your style whether you have it on an old card or scrapbook page OR maybe you have just discovered techniques and have creations you just made…..show us!
Post a picture in the Techniques Challenge area   http://www.sudsol.org/members/gallery/g3411-technique-challenge.html     
You will have until Wednesday to add your throwback technique to our gallery, but don’t put it off, get it to our gallery so you don’t forget like I do!  

Once we have five (5) posting someone will have a chance at winning a week free SUDSOL time.  

Run to your secret stash of favorite cards, look through for a great technique and get it posted….This is a one day only chance, so hurry, hurry, hurry!  

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Debra Brown, please change the email address to: mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Techniques-Throwback-Thursdays-tp11591.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h94@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Techniques Throwback Thursdays

Ellen
In reply to this post by Debra Brown

Cute!!!

I do not have my first swap, but I do remember how it felt.  The first
was at a group meeting. About 20 other ladies who had been stamping
for years.  They all traded, but I did not feel worthy.

My goal, was to get good enough that they wanted my cards.  When one
of the ladies that was so creative, ask ME how I did a card, I know I
had ARRIVED!!!  It was not a hard technique, just something she had
not tried. She then seemed more down to earth also.

Happy trading at convention.  I know it is going to be fun. One day, I
will get there.

Ellen Williams
Stamping in North Dakota

On 7/10/14, SUDSOL [Debra  Brown] via Creative Idea Shares
<ml-node+s1100894n11591h52@.nabble> wrote:

>
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email
> address to: mtstampinupdemo@
> If just you reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
> members.
> _______________________________________________
> This is my *VERY* first swap I ever did.....It was for the Seattle Regional
> (which I drove 9 hours by myself for).
>
> <http://forum.sudsol.org/file/n11591/Throwback_Thursday_July_10.jpg>
>
> I was so nervous about this swap, and once I got there the first person I
> asked to swap said “no I don’t think so”, my confidence hit bottom and I
> walked away…..then a very sweet lady came up to me, said “I would love to
> swap for you card”.  She complemented my work, say this is what Stampin’
> Up!
> is all about.  Feeling better I started swapping, I later learned the very
> sweet lady was Donna Griffith!  Thank goodness Donna came up to me,
> otherwise I was determined that this was going to be my first and last
> event
> as a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, that I was not creative enough for them
> that
> was 6 years ago and look at me now!  Do you have your first swap card?  If
> so post it in the Throwback Thursdays Ch.allenge Gallery, once I get 5
> posts
> I can give away a free week of SUDSOL
>
> Technique Throwback Thrusday
> It is time to show off your Technique Skills, new or old, a technique never
> goes out of style.  You can show us your style whether you have it on an
> old
> card or scrapbook page OR maybe you have just discovered techniques and
> have
> creations you just made…..show us!
>   Here's what you need to do
> Post a picture in the Techniques Challenge area
> http://www.sudsol.org/members/gallery/g3411-technique-challenge.html
> using  THROWBACK THURSDAY   as the title,
> tell us the technique you used,
> what stamp set it was (if you remember it).
> You will have until Wednesday to add your throwback technique to our
> gallery, but don’t put it off, get it to our gallery so you don’t forget
> like I do!
>
> Once we have five (5) posting someone will have a chance at winning a week
> free SUDSOL time.
>
> Run to your secret stash of favorite cards, look through for a great
> technique and get it posted….This is a one day only chance, so hurry,
> hurry,
> hurry!
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email
> address to: mtstampinupdemo@
> If just you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
> discussion below:
> http://forum.sudsol.org/Techniques-Throwback-Thursdays-tp11591.html
>
> To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email
> ml-node+s1100894n2h93@.nabble
> To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, visit
>
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Techniques Throwback Thursdays

Debra  Brown
In reply to this post by Maria Pobre

Thank you!

Debra, SUDSOL Techniques Coordinator
technique@sudsol.com 

Debra Brown  
mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com
Sr. Supervisor
Stampin Up!
Plains, MT

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:05 AM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Creative Idea Shares <ml-node+s1100894n11593h31@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
miaguam01@yahoo.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Techniques+Throwback+Thursdays
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@yahoo.com

I love it... and would have traded with you!

Happy Stampin'~

On Jul 11, 2014, at 12:55 AM, "SUDSOL [Debra  Brown] via Creative Idea Shares" <ml-node%2Bs1100894n11591h53@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

mtstampinupdemo@...?subject=Techniques Throwback Thursdays
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Debra Brown, please change the email address to: mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Techniques-Throwback-Thursdays-tp11591.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n2h94@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Techniques-Throwback-Thursdays-tp11591p11593.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n2h10@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Techniques Throwback Thursdays

Ann Clemmer
My first swap was so bad, I'd pay $25 for it now just to show people!  And no one had the nerve to tell me how bad it was!

It was a swap at my upline's.  The theme was Father's Day.  I didn't have any greetings and didn't know to layer.

So I folded some Very Vanilla card stock in half and stamped a couple trees, stamped a rocks stamp once and a sun from a set we don't carry anymore.  (Garden Green, Chocolate Chip & YoYo Yellow)  Then I wrote Happy Father's Day in that font where you put dots at the ends of all the lines in your letters.  

I'm sure it hit several garbage cans in its short life, but I would love to have it now to show that you don't have to be Mary Engelbreit to be a success in this business.

You Betcha!

Ann M. Clemmer
www.stamperdog.com
www.masterstamper.com
Debra Brown wrote

Reply | Threaded
|

Debra  Brown

Oh Anne, that is so funny!  I really wish I had taken pictures of all my cards and well my first scrapbook I still have proof of because it was for our daughters wedding.....now that I know better she won't let me redo it!  In all honesty at the time I thought it was amazing!  Now I look at it and think of please someone put it out of its misery LOL.  In fact they were just here visiting and she had to drag that thing out!  Boy that old commercial saying "You've Come A Long Way Baby" sure applies to me.

technique@sudsol.com 

Debra Brown  
Sr. Supervisor
Stampin Up!
Plains, MT

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 2:34 AM, SUDSOL [Ann Clemmer] via Creative Idea Shares <ml-node+s1100894n11620h68@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
ann@stamperdog.com?subject=Re:+Techniques+Throwback+Thursdays
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: ann@stamperdog.com

My first swap was so bad, I'd pay $25 for it now just to show people!  And no one had the nerve to tell me how bad it was!

It was a swap at my upline's.  The theme was Father's Day.  I didn't have any greetings and didn't know to layer.

So I folded some Very Vanilla card stock in half and stamped a couple trees, stamped a rocks stamp once and a sun from a set we don't carry anymore.  (Garden Green, Chocolate Chip & YoYo Yellow)  Then I wrote Happy Father's Day in that font where you put dots at the ends of all the lines in your letters.  

I'm sure it hit several garbage cans in its short life, but I would love to have it now to show that you don't have to be Mary Engelbreit to be a success in this business.

You Betcha!

Ann M. Clemmer
www.stamperdog.com
www.masterstamper.com
Debra Brown wrote

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Ann Clemmer, please change the email address to: ann@stamperdog.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Techniques-Throwback-Thursdays-tp11591p11620.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n2h10@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Kim Douds
Debra,  

I think your card is cute and you put a lot of work into it.  I wish I could get my hands on that ugly person who would not swap with you!!  I actually teared up when I read this.  I get so nervous when I do swaps but I do them anyway.  My card is never in the "top cutest ones".  I hope the person who didn't swap with you has learned the "Spirit of Stampin' Up!" because otherwise she is probably a very sad stamper.  I know it's history...but here's a huge hug for you.  <HUG>

~Kim

Debra Brown wrote

Reply | Threaded
|

Robin Messenheimer
OMG, that same kind of thing happened to me at my first convention.  I'd been a demo for 5 months and went by myself.  I'd signed up for a ton of organized swaps through SCS, but these were the cards that I was using for general swapping.  I had to climb up to the rafters practically to get a seat.  I saw a demo down the row a bit who was swapping and I approached her (nervous?  you bet!) and presented my card and asked to swap.  She looked at mine and said she was all out of cards.  I didn't think she was, but I crept back to my seat and sat down.  Shortly after someone else came up to her and they swapped.  I was crushed and then I REALLY felt alone!  The good news was that I managed to meet lots of nice people and wasn't by myself for long!

Debra Brown wrote

Debra Brown wrote

Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Debra  Brown

I think many have had that one time experience (I hope it is a one time thing) and as the song says "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger".  I love going to events (oh how I miss Regionals) and swapping.  I always keep my eye out for that one person who is being a wall flower afraid to swap, I make sure to zero in on them!  

Thanks for sharing Robin, and rest assured I would have swapped with you!  

Deb  

technique@sudsol.com 

Debra Brown  
Sr. Supervisor
Stampin Up!
Plains, MT

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 5:44 PM, SUDSOL [Robin Messenheimer] via Creative Idea Shares <ml-node+s1100894n11673h11@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
rmessenheimer@earthlink.net?subject=Re:+Techniques+Throwback+Thursdays
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net

OMG, that same kind of thing happened to me at my first convention.  I'd been a demo for 5 months and went by myself.  I'd signed up for a ton of organized swaps through SCS, but these were the cards that I was using for general swapping.  I had to climb up to the rafters practically to get a seat.  I saw a demo down the row a bit who was swapping and I approached her (nervous?  you bet!) and presented my card and asked to swap.  She looked at mine and said she was all out of cards.  I didn't think she was, but I crept back to my seat and sat down.  Shortly after someone else came up to her and they swapped.  I was crushed and then I REALLY felt alone!  The good news was that I managed to meet lots of nice people and wasn't by myself for long!

Debra Brown wrote

Debra Brown wrote

Robin Messenheimer SUDSOL CASE Challenge Coordinator

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Techniques-Throwback-Thursdays-tp11591p11673.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Re: Techniques Throwback Thursdays

Kim Innis

I had a variation of the swap experience. When I was a brand new demonstrator at my first meeting with my upline's team, one of the other demos took one look at my swap and proceeded to give me a lecture on the proper composition of a swap!  According to her, my swap should have had 1 background element, used 1 stamp set, and 1 greeting set!  Unfortunately, I had dared to be creative and added a layer!  This was almost 16 years ago, when we didn't have much in the way of DSP. She hasn't been a demonstrator for a number of years, but even then I didn't pay much attention to her pronouncements!  She was a real piece of work. 

Kim Innis
Montgomery, OH

Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
From: "SUDSOL [Debra Brown] via Creative Idea Shares" <ml-node+s1100894n11676h34@.nabble>
To: "SUDSOL Group" <Kkinnis@>
Subject: SU!: Re: Re: Techniques Throwback Thursdays
Date: Sat, Jul 12, 2014 11:12 PM

mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Re: Techniques Throwback Thursdays
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: mtstampinupdemo@

I think many have had that one time experience (I hope it is a one time thing) and as the song says "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". I love going to events (oh how I miss Regionals) and swapping. I always keep my eye out for that one person who is being a wall flower afraid to swap, I make sure to zero in on them!

Thanks for sharing Robin, and rest assured I would have swapped with you!

Deb

technique@sudsol.com

Debra Brown
Sr. Supervisor
Stampin Up!
Plains, MT

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 5:44 PM, SUDSOL [Robin Messenheimer] via Creative Idea Shares <ml-node+s1100894n11673h11@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
rmessenheimer@earthlink.net?subject=Re:+Techniques+Throwback+Thursdays
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net

OMG, that same kind of thing happened to me at my first convention. I'd been a demo for 5 months and went by myself. I'd signed up for a ton of organized swaps through SCS, but these were the cards that I was using for general swapping. I had to climb up to the rafters practically to get a seat. I saw a demo down the row a bit who was swapping and I approached her (nervous? you bet!) and presented my card and asked to swap. She looked at mine and said she was all out of cards. I didn't think she was, but I crept back to my seat and sat down. Shortly after someone else came up to her and they swapped. I was crushed and then I REALLY felt alone! The good news was that I managed to meet lots of nice people and wasn't by myself for long!

Debra Brown wrote
This is my VERY first swap I ever did.....It was for the Seattle Regional (which I drove 9 hours by myself for).

I was so nervous about this swap, and once I got there the first person I asked to swap said “no I don’t think so”, my confidence hit bottom and I walked away…...then a very sweet lady came up to me, said “I would love to swap for you card”. She complemented my work, say this is what Stampin’ Up! is all about. Feeling better I started swapping, I later learned the very sweet lady was Donna Griffith! Thank goodness Donna came up to me, otherwise I was determined that this was going to be my first and last event as a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, that I was not creative enough for them that was 6 years ago and look at me now! Do you have your first swap card? If so post it in the Throwback Thursdays Ch.allenge Gallery, once I get 5 posts I can give away a free week of SUDSOL

It is time to show off your Technique Skills, new or old, a technique never goes out of style. You can show us your style whether you have it on an old card or scrapbook page OR maybe you have just discovered techniques and have creations you just made…..show us!
Post a picture in the Techniques Challenge area http://www.sudsol.org/members/gallery/g3411-technique-challenge.html
using THROWBACK THURSDAY as the title,

Debra Brown wrote
This is my VERY first swap I ever did.....It was for the Seattle Regional (which I drove 9 hours by myself for).

I was so nervous about this swap, and once I got there the first person I asked to swap said “no I don’t think so”, my confidence hit bottom and I walked away…...then a very sweet lady came up to me, said “I would love to swap for you card”. She complemented my work, say this is what Stampin’ Up! is all about. Feeling better I started swapping, I later learned the very sweet lady was Donna Griffith! Thank goodness Donna came up to me, otherwise I was determined that this was going to be my first and last event as a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, that I was not creative enough for them that was 6 years ago and look at me now! Do you have your first swap card? If so post it in the Throwback Thursdays Ch.allenge Gallery, once I get 5 posts I can give away a free week of SUDSOL

It is time to show off your Technique Skills, new or old, a technique never goes out of style. You can show us your style whether you have it on an old card or scrapbook page OR maybe you have just discovered techniques and have creations you just made…..show us!
Post a picture in the Techniques Challenge area http://www.sudsol.org/members/gallery/g3411-technique-challenge.html
using THROWBACK THURSDAY as the title,

Robin Messenheimer SUDSOL CASE Challenge Coordinator

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Techniques-Throwback-Thursdays-tp11591p11673.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Techniques-Throwback-Thursdays-tp11591p11676.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h40@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Re: Re: Techniques Throwback Thursdays

Debra  Brown

Oh my!  Now I have never that happen!  At my first convention I did make one demonstrator very nervous because I added a little something to my make n takes.  I just smiled and told her it was fine I just made it mine!

On July 12, 2014, at 9:35PM, "SUDSOL [Kim Innis] via Creative Idea Shares" <ml-node+s1100894n11677h35@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

>
>
>Click here to reply directly to Kim Innis privately at Kkinnis@fuse.net
>
>If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Kkinnis@fuse.net
>
>I had a variation of the swap experience. When I was a brand new demonstrator at my first meeting with my upline's team, one of the other demos took one look at my swap and proceeded to give me a lecture on the proper composition of a swap!  According to her, my swap should have had 1 background element, used 1 stamp set, and 1 greeting set!  Unfortunately, I had dared to be creative and added a layer!  This was almost 16 years ago, when we didn't have much in the way of DSP. She hasn't been a demonstrator for a number of years, but even then I didn't pay much attention to her pronouncements!  She was a real piece of work. 
>
>Kim Innis
>
>Montgomery, OH
>
>Sent from my HTC
>
>----- Reply message -----
>From: "SUDSOL [Debra Brown] via Creative Idea Shares" <ml-node+s1100894n11676h34@.nabble>
>To: "SUDSOL Group" <Kkinnis@>
>Subject: SU!: Re: Re: Techniques Throwback Thursdays
>Date: Sat, Jul 12, 2014 11:12 PM
>
>mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Re: Techniques Throwback Thursdays
>
>If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: mtstampinupdemo@
>
>I think many have had that one time experience (I hope it is a one time thing) and as the song says "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". I love going to events (oh how I miss Regionals) and swapping. I always keep my eye out for that one person who is being a wall flower afraid to swap, I make sure to zero in on them!
>
>Thanks for sharing Robin, and rest assured I would have swapped with you!
>
>Deb
>
>Debra, SUDSOL Techniques Coordinator
>technique@sudsol.com
>
>Debra Brown
>mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com
>
>Sr. Supervisor
>
>Stampin Up!
>
>Plains, MT
>
>On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 5:44 PM, SUDSOL [Robin Messenheimer] via Creative Idea Shares <ml-node+s1100894n11673h11@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
>
>rmessenheimer@earthlink.net?subject=Re:+Techniques+Throwback+Thursdays
>
>If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net
>
>OMG, that same kind of thing happened to me at my first convention. I'd been a demo for 5 months and went by myself. I'd signed up for a ton of organized swaps through SCS, but these were the cards that I was using for general swapping. I had to climb up to the rafters practically to get a seat. I saw a demo down the row a bit who was swapping and I approached her (nervous? you bet!) and presented my card and asked to swap. She looked at mine and said she was all out of cards. I didn't think she was, but I crept back to my seat and sat down. Shortly after someone else came up to her and they swapped. I was crushed and then I REALLY felt alone! The good news was that I managed to meet lots of nice people and wasn't by myself for long!
>
>Debra Brown wrote
>
>This is my VERY first swap I ever did.....It was for the Seattle Regional (which I drove 9 hours by myself for).
>I was so nervous about this swap, and once I got there the first person I asked to swap said “no I don’t think so”, my confidence hit bottom and I walked away…...then a very sweet lady came up to me, said “I would love to swap for you card”. She complemented my work, say this is what Stampin’ Up! is all about. Feeling better I started swapping, I later learned the very sweet lady was Donna Griffith! Thank goodness Donna came up to me, otherwise I was determined that this was going to be my first and last event as a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, that I was not creative enough for them that was 6 years ago and look at me now! Do you have your first swap card? If so post it in the Throwback Thursdays Ch.allenge Gallery, once I get 5 posts I can give away a free week of SUDSOL
>Technique Throwback Thrusday
>It is time to show off your Technique Skills, new or old, a technique never goes out of style. You can show us your style whether you have it on an old card or scrapbook page OR maybe you have just discovered techniques and have creations you just made…..show us!
>Here's what you need to do
>Post a picture in the Techniques Challenge area http://www.sudsol.org/members/gallery/g3411-technique-challenge.html
>using THROWBACK THURSDAY as the title,
>tell us the technique you used,
>what stamp set it was (if you remember it).
>You will have until Wednesday to add your throwback technique to our gallery, but don’t put it off, get it to our gallery so you don’t forget like I do!
>Once we have five (5) posting someone will have a chance at winning a week free SUDSOL time.
>Run to your secret stash of favorite cards, look through for a great technique and get it posted….This is a one day only chance, so hurry, hurry, hurry!
>
>Debra Brown wrote
>
>This is my VERY first swap I ever did.....It was for the Seattle Regional (which I drove 9 hours by myself for).
>I was so nervous about this swap, and once I got there the first person I asked to swap said “no I don’t think so”, my confidence hit bottom and I walked away…...then a very sweet lady came up to me, said “I would love to swap for you card”. She complemented my work, say this is what Stampin’ Up! is all about. Feeling better I started swapping, I later learned the very sweet lady was Donna Griffith! Thank goodness Donna came up to me, otherwise I was determined that this was going to be my first and last event as a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, that I was not creative enough for them that was 6 years ago and look at me now! Do you have your first swap card? If so post it in the Throwback Thursdays Ch.allenge Gallery, once I get 5 posts I can give away a free week of SUDSOL
>Technique Throwback Thrusday
>It is time to show off your Technique Skills, new or old, a technique never goes out of style. You can show us your style whether you have it on an old card or scrapbook page OR maybe you have just discovered techniques and have creations you just made…..show us!
>Here's what you need to do
>Post a picture in the Techniques Challenge area http://www.sudsol.org/members/gallery/g3411-technique-challenge.html
>using THROWBACK THURSDAY as the title,
>tell us the technique you used,
>what stamp set it was (if you remember it).
>You will have until Wednesday to add your throwback technique to our gallery, but don’t put it off, get it to our gallery so you don’t forget like I do!
>Once we have five (5) posting someone will have a chance at winning a week free SUDSOL time.
>Run to your secret stash of favorite cards, look through for a great technique and get it posted….This is a one day only chance, so hurry, hurry, hurry!
>
>Robin Messenheimer SUDSOL CASE Challenge Coordinator
>
>If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net
>This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Techniques-Throwback-Thursdays-tp11591p11673.html
>
>To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n2h10@n5.nabble.com
>To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
>
>If you want the reply to go ONLY to Debra Brown, please change the email address to: mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com
>This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Techniques-Throwback-Thursdays-tp11591p11676.html
>
>To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h40@.nabble
>To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.
>
>If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kim Innis, please change the email address to: Kkinnis@fuse.net
>This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Techniques-Throwback-Thursdays-tp11591p11677.html
>
>To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h10@n5.nabble.com
>To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
>

Reply | Threaded
|

GrammyKaren
In reply to this post by Kim Douds

I think we have all had someone do that to us and the first time it is devastating.  Your card is fabulous and don't get discouraged. 
Hope to swap at Convention,
Karen Bernhardt
Newport News, VA

On 07/12/14, SUDSOL [Kim Douds] via Creative Idea Shares<ml-node+s1100894n11668h37@.nabble> wrote:

kimdglass@yahoo.com?subject=Re: Techniques Throwback Thursdays
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kimdglass@yahoo.com

Debra,  

I think your card is cute and you put a lot of work into it.  I wish I could get my hands on that ugly person who would not swap with you!!  I actually teared up when I read this.  I get so nervous when I do swaps but I do them anyway.  My card is never in the "top cutest ones".  I hope the person who didn't swap with you has learned the "Spirit of Stampin' Up!" because otherwise she is probably a very sad stamper.  I know it's history...but here's a huge hug for you.  <HUG>

~Kim

Debra Brown wrote

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kim Douds, please change the email address to: kimdglass@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Techniques-Throwback-Thursdays-tp11591p11668.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h91@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Re: Techniques Throwback Thursdays

Debra  Brown

Thank you.  That was several years and several swaps ago.  I feel I have just gotten better after all these years , her mean attitude only had me questioning myself until Donna showed up....I bounced back quickly, but have never forgotten and when I am at events I'm try to be very aware of things like that (it is hard in those crowds) and since Donna can't be everywhere to save feelings I try to be her backup!   

technique@sudsol.com 

Debra Brown  
Sr. Supervisor
Stampin Up!
Plains, MT

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 6:19 AM, SUDSOL [GrammyKaren] via Creative Idea Shares <ml-node+s1100894n11708h96@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
grammyKaren51@verizon.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+Re:+Techniques+Throwback+Thursdays
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: grammyKaren51@verizon.net

I think we have all had someone do that to us and the first time it is devastating.  Your card is fabulous and don't get discouraged. 
Hope to swap at Convention,
Karen Bernhardt
Newport News, VA

On 07/12/14, SUDSOL [Kim Douds] via Creative Idea Shares<ml-node+s1100894n11668h37@.nabble> wrote:

kimdglass@...?subject=Re: Techniques Throwback Thursdays
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kimdglass@yahoo.com

Debra,  

~Kim

Debra Brown wrote

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kim Douds, please change the email address to: kimdglass@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Techniques-Throwback-Thursdays-tp11591p11668.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n2h91@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to GrammyKaren, please change the email address to: grammyKaren51@verizon.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Techniques-Throwback-Thursdays-tp11591p11708.html