Tax question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tax question

Teri Bean
Does the discount we receive on our demo orders from Stampin Up count as income?  New accountant this year and my old accountant was a demonstrator so I need to know if I include that discount total in my income.
Thanks so much!
Teri Bean
Stampin' Under the Big Sky
Augusta MT
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Tax question

Coleen Astalos
Administrator

No, the discount doesn't count as income (like the instant income from a regular customer order does). But if you're using those products in your business, then the amount that you would deduct as a business expense is the amount you pay SU! after the discount (not the full retail value).

Coleen

Coleen Astalos
Alamosa, CO, coleen@sudsol.com

See my jewelry for sale at www.flexibleaccessories.com

From: ml+s1100894n41233h68@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n41233h68@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 7:27 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Tax question

beaniebaby3616@yahoo.com?subject=Tax%20question

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: beaniebaby3616@yahoo.com

Does the discount we receive on our demo orders from Stampin Up count as income?  New accountant this year and my old accountant was a demonstrator so I need to know if I include that discount total in my income.
Thanks so much!

Teri Bean
Augusta MT

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Teri Bean, please change the email address to: beaniebaby3616@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Tax-question-tp41233.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h38@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Tax question

Becky Godfrey

Hello, 
What is the difference between instant income and deferred income as far as taxes are concerned? Thanks for your help.
Becky

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 10:21 PM SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n41238h26@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
coleen@sudsol.com?subject=RE:+Tax+question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: coleen@sudsol.com

No, the discount doesn't count as income (like the instant income from a regular customer order does). But if you're using those products in your business, then the amount that you would deduct as a business expense is the amount you pay SU! after the discount (not the full retail value).

Coleen

Coleen Astalos

From: ml+s1100894n41233h68@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n41233h68@.nabble]

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: beaniebaby3616@yahoo.com

Does the discount we receive on our demo orders from Stampin Up count as income?  New accountant this year and my old accountant was a demonstrator so I need to know if I include that discount total in my income.
Thanks so much!

Teri Bean
Augusta MT

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Teri Bean, please change the email address to: beaniebaby3616@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Tax-question-tp41233.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h38@n7.nabble.com

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Coleen Astalos, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Tax-question-tp41233p41238.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h41@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Tax question

Coleen Astalos
Administrator

Nothing.  They're both income and should be reported.

Coleen

Coleen Astalos

From: ml+s1100894n41286h11@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n41286h11@.nabble]
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:08 PM
Subject: Re: SU!: Tax question

rademacherb0@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Tax%20question

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rademacherb0@gmail.com

Hello,

What is the difference between instant income and deferred income as far as taxes are concerned? Thanks for your help.

Becky

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 10:21 PM SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n41238h26@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

coleen@sudsol.com?subject=RE:+Tax+question

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: coleen@sudsol.com

Coleen

Coleen Astalos

From: ml+s1100894n41233h68@.nabble [ml+s1100894n41233h68@.nabble]

Does the discount we receive on our demo orders from Stampin Up count as income? New accountant this year and my old accountant was a demonstrator so I need to know if I include that discount total in my income.
Thanks so much!

Teri Bean
Augusta MT

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h38@n7.nabble.com

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Coleen Astalos, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Tax-question-tp41233p41238.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h41@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Becky Godfrey, please change the email address to: rademacherb0@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Tax-question-tp41233p41286.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h38@n7.nabble.com

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member