Summary of the 2/5/2014 business chat on recruiting and what to do with your recruits

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Summary of the 2/5/2014 business chat on recruiting and what to do with your recruits

joyce pacer
Here is the summary of the business chat last night.  Although there was only three of us, I think we all learned from talking about recruiting and how to do it and what to do with them after we recruited them.  We also discussed why we need to encourage our recruits to recruit.

Hope you can join us next week.  I will let you know what we will be discussing.  If you have any suggestions, please let me know ASAP.

Summary:
Recruits and what to do with them.
First, I would like to point out that if you want to grow your stamping business, you need to recruit.  Right now is a great time to start with the Sale-A-Bration special taking place.  Why should we recruit?  As we build our down-line and move up in title,  we earn more money.  You earn a percentage of your recruits' sales.  Now, this does not come out of their pocket.  The higher your title is, the more you earn.  You can earn commission from your different levels.  
Often your down-down line is afraid to recruit thinking they do not know enough.  That is not true.  You can even invite your down-line to bring their down-line to your monthly meetings.  That will relieve that pressure.  Offer to share.
Others say, I don't get any commission from their sales unless I sell $300 a month.  That is no more than one or two workshops during that month.  It sounds scary.  I know, I felt that way when I was new.  I discovered that all I needed to do was have a workshop or two.
Last night one of the topics we discussed was who should we try to recruit.  Get away from the idea of recruiting.  You are offering them an opportunity and they are free to say, yes, no, maybe.  Offer the opportunity to everyone. It is not your right to judge whether they would be good or not.
I am presenting this great special to everyone.  If they just want to purchase for the kit for $99 to get $150 dollars of items of their choice,  stress that this is a wonderful way to get the items you want, have a workshop earning 30% commission on their first, and see if they might like to turn it into a business to earn extra money or to support their habit.  Help them have that workshop from help making out the list, inviting guest, and preparing for their workshop.  When they see it is not a big job and they hold a $300 workshop or more, get that first commission, plus the $80 free hostess credits, they may start seeing it as a way to gain some extra money.  It is "Sign Up now and Decide if you would like to do this as a business after your first workshop".
Things you should do for your recruits is first all, try to get them excited about the Rising Star program.  Go through the SU training program with them if possible.  Encourage them to take advantage of the free demonstrator  website.
Team meetings of some time is necessary.  You should have some type of meeting monthly.  If a physical meeting is not possible, set up a Facebook group or hold your meeting by skyp.  Send cards to encourage them and reward them.  You can have challenges, bingo, etc where they can win prizes.
Last night in chat, we discussed the fact that we need to market our self as a good up-line. Why they should join your group?   Make yourself stand out.  Add this to your marketing calendar.
Joyce Pacer  2/5/2014
Joyce Pacer
Business Chat