classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Storing Supplies and Freezing Temperatures

Chris Hnatiuk
Hi SUDSOL Members,

I'm in a situation where our home contents, including my precious Stampin' Up! supplies, are temporarily stored in outdoor container pods until we find a house to move into.  Has anyone had any experience with how freezing temperatures may affect our inks, stamps, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any help/information you can provide.

Chris in Calgary, AB Canada (where it just snowed heavily and we have minus temperatures!!!)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Storing Supplies and Freezing Temperatures

Jeanne Moss

I don’t think there is any danger to your stamps, but I would think any liquids might be affected.

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
270-307-1230
www.bluegrassstamper.com

On Sep 29, 2019, at 11:24 PM, SUDSOL [Chris Hnatiuk] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n49928h9@.nabble> wrote:

chriserendipity@shaw.ca?subject=Storing Supplies and Freezing Temperatures
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: chriserendipity@

Hi SUDSOL Members,

I'm in a situation where our home contents, including my precious Stampin' Up! supplies, are temporarily stored in outdoor container pods until we find a house to move into.  Has anyone had any experience with how freezing temperatures may affect our inks, stamps, etc.?

Chris in Calgary, AB Canada (where it just snowed heavily and we have minus temperatures!!!)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Chris Hnatiuk, please change the email address to: chriserendipity@shaw.ca
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Storing-Supplies-and-Freezing-Temperatures-tp49928.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h15@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt

Refills may freeze and crack.  Unsure about stamp pads, but would avoid leaving them ion cold weather.

Barbara Stitt

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 3, 2019, at 9:04 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n50001h77@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

stampingal@live.com?subject=Re: SU!: Storing Supplies and Freezing Temperatures
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@live.com

I don’t think there is any danger to your stamps, but I would think any liquids might be affected.

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
270-307-1230

On Sep 29, 2019, at 11:24 PM, SUDSOL [Chris Hnatiuk] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n49928h9@.nabble> wrote:

chriserendipity@shaw.ca?subject=Storing Supplies and Freezing Temperatures
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: chriserendipity@

Hi SUDSOL Members,

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Chris Hnatiuk, please change the email address to: chriserendipity@shaw.ca
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Storing-Supplies-and-Freezing-Temperatures-tp49928.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h15@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Storing-Supplies-and-Freezing-Temperatures-tp49928p50001.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h20@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland

Call DS because they should know.   But I am sure anything that is not a solid (solid = Paper, glass, acrylic, metal, plastic, wood) would be at risk.  Ink pads and refills, adhesives of any kind including adhesive backed gems, embossing paste, etc.

On Oct 4, 2019, at 12:18 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n50005h89@.nabble>
Refills may freeze and crack.  Unsure about stamp pads, but would avoid leaving them ion cold weather.

On Oct 3, 2019, at 9:04 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n50001h77@.nabble>
> I don’t think there is any danger to your stamps, but I would think any liquids might be affected.
>
>> On Sep 29, 2019, at 11:24 PM, SUDSOL [Chris Hnatiuk] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n49928h9@.nabble
>>
>> I'm in a situation where our home contents, including my precious Stampin' Up! supplies, are temporarily stored in outdoor container pods until we find a house to move into.  Has anyone had any experience with how freezing temperatures may affect our inks, stamps, etc.?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help/information you can provide.
>>
>> Chris in Calgary, AB Canada (where it just snowed heavily and we have minus

Reply | Threaded
|

Linda Pastva-Callahan

I would think any alcohol-based ink would be ok. Our regular line of inks no, since they are water based. Any plastics would get brittle tho if in temps below 25F. Not sure about any adhesives. Do you absolutely have no alternative to store these supplies? I would hate to have to replace everything.
Linda

On October 4, 2019 at 2:54 AM "SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n50008h84@.nabble> wrote:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re: SU!: Storing Supplies and Freezing Temperatures
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Call DS because they should know.   But I am sure anything that is not a solid (solid = Paper, glass, acrylic, metal, plastic, wood) would be at risk.  Ink pads and refills, adhesives of any kind including adhesive backed gems, embossing paste, etc.

On Oct 4, 2019, at 12:18 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n50005h89@.nabble >

On Oct 3, 2019, at 9:04 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n50001h77@.nabble >
> I don’t think there is any danger to your stamps, but I would think any liquids might be affected.
>
>> On Sep 29, 2019, at 11:24 PM, SUDSOL [Chris Hnatiuk] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n49928h9@.nabble
>>
>> I'm in a situation where our home contents, including my precious Stampin' Up! supplies, are temporarily stored in outdoor container pods until we find a house to move into.  Has anyone had any experience with how freezing temperatures may affect our inks, stamps, etc.?
>>
>>

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Storing-Supplies-and-Freezing-Temperatures-tp49928p50008.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h10@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Serena Marsh

Are your storage containers insulated 

Rubber Hugs,

Serena Marsh
Reeny Bean Design - Stampin'Up!
Independent Demonstrator - Silver 
Tele: 778-565-6542 Cell: 604-763-6654
Fax: 778-566-9197
Email: reenybeandesigns-stampinup@shaw.ca
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 4, 2019, at 6:14 AM, SUDSOL [Linda Pastva-Callahan] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n50010h10@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

happyloyzo21@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Storing Supplies and Freezing Temperatures
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: happyloyzo21@comcast.net

I would think any alcohol-based ink would be ok. Our regular line of inks no, since they are water based. Any plastics would get brittle tho if in temps below 25F. Not sure about any adhesives. Do you absolutely have no alternative to store these supplies? I would hate to have to replace everything.
Linda

On October 4, 2019 at 2:54 AM "SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n50008h84@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

On Oct 4, 2019, at 12:18 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n50005h89@.nabble >

On Oct 3, 2019, at 9:04 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n50001h77@.nabble >
>
>>
>>
>>

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Storing-Supplies-and-Freezing-Temperatures-tp49928p50008.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Linda Pastva-Callahan, please change the email address to: happyloyzo21@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Storing-Supplies-and-Freezing-Temperatures-tp49928p50010.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h74@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Connie

I leave some stamping supplies at my cottage every year when I close up. Winter temps can be -30, and I have had no problems. Reinkers, as long as not full have never cracked, ink pads and markers work fine the next spring.

Connie Douglas

Connie Douglas
Independent Demonstrator, Stampin' Up!
Check out my website for fabulous ideas and products
greatstampingwithconnie.com
Follow me on Facebook at Great Stamping with Connie
Find inspiration from me on Pinterest and Instagram
Paper Pumpkin - https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-ca/sign-up/?demoid=2053886
#greatstampingwithconnie

To be removed from my mailing list, simply reply to this email, with REMOVE in the subject line.

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 6:55 PM SUDSOL [Serena Marsh] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n50020h81@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
reenybeandesigns-stampinup@shaw.ca?subject=Re:+SU!:+Storing+Supplies+and+Freezing+Temperatures
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: reenybeandesigns-stampinup@shaw.ca

Rubber Hugs,

Serena Marsh
Email: reenybeandesigns-stampinup@shaw.ca
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 4, 2019, at 6:14 AM, SUDSOL [Linda Pastva-Callahan] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n50010h10@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

happyloyzo21@...?subject=Re: SU!: Storing Supplies and Freezing Temperatures
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: happyloyzo21@comcast.net

Linda

Call DS because they should know.   But I am sure anything that is not a solid (solid = Paper, glass, acrylic, metal, plastic, wood) would be at risk.  Ink pads and refills, adhesives of any kind including adhesive backed gems, embossing paste, etc.

Refills may freeze and crack.  Unsure about stamp pads, but would avoid leaving them ion cold weather.

>
>>
>> I'm in a situation where our home contents, including my precious Stampin' Up! supplies, are temporarily stored in outdoor container pods until we find a house to move into.  Has anyone had any experience with how freezing temperatures may affect our inks, stamps, etc.?
>>
>>

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Linda Pastva-Callahan, please change the email address to: happyloyzo21@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Storing-Supplies-and-Freezing-Temperatures-tp49928p50010.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h74@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Serena Marsh, please change the email address to: reenybeandesigns-stampinup@shaw.ca
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Storing-Supplies-and-Freezing-Temperatures-tp49928p50020.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h35@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Storing Supplies and Freezing Temperatures

Robin Messenheimer

I’ve left ink pads and markers in the far North Woods of Minnesota over several winters, and they’ve been fine.

Robin

Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 4:41 PM
To: Robin Messenheimer <rmessenheimer@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Storing Supplies and Freezing Temperatures

I leave some stamping supplies at my cottage every year when I close up. Winter temps can be -30, and I have had no problems. Reinkers, as long as not full have never cracked, ink pads and markers work fine the next spring.

Connie Douglas

Connie Douglas

#greatstampingwithconnie

To be removed from my mailing list, simply reply to this email, with REMOVE in the subject line.

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 6:55 PM SUDSOL [Serena Marsh] via Product Q&As <[hidden email]> wrote:

[hidden email]

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: [hidden email]

Rubber Hugs,

Serena Marsh

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 4, 2019, at 6:14 AM, SUDSOL [Linda Pastva-Callahan] via Product Q&As <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: [hidden email]

Linda

[hidden email]?subject=Re: SU!: Storing Supplies and Freezing Temperatures

Call DS because they should know.   But I am sure anything that is not a solid (solid = Paper, glass, acrylic, metal, plastic, wood) would be at risk.  Ink pads and refills, adhesives of any kind including adhesive backed gems, embossing paste, etc.

Refills may freeze and crack.  Unsure about stamp pads, but would avoid leaving them ion cold weather.

>
>> On Sep 29, 2019, at 11:24 PM, SUDSOL [Chris Hnatiuk] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n49928h9@.nabble%20%0b>>
>> I'm in a situation where our home contents, including my precious Stampin' Up! supplies, are temporarily stored in outdoor container pods until we find a house to move into.  Has anyone had any experience with how freezing temperatures may affect our inks, stamps, etc.?
>>
>>

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: [hidden email]

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Linda Pastva-Callahan, please change the email address to: [hidden email]

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email [hidden email]

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Serena Marsh, please change the email address to: [hidden email]
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Storing-Supplies-and-Freezing-Temperatures-tp49928p50020.html

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.sudsol.org/Storing-Supplies-and-Freezing-Temperatures-tp49928p50236.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h43@n7.nabble.com
NAML

Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Hnatiuk
In reply to this post by Connie

Thanks so much for your comments and input, ladies.  I have finally gotten my supplies into our house, and from what I can tell so far, everything survived!! 

I had to laugh when I went to use my liquid Tombow, because it just blurped out and made a mess.  Probably a little pressure build-up due to the temperature change, but once that was over with, all was good.

Chris in Calgary Canada

From: "Connie [via SUDSOL]" <ml+s1100894n50236h60@.nabble>
To: "chriserendipity" <chriserendipity@>
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:40:39 PM

Connie Douglas

Connie Douglas
#greatstampingwithconnie

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 6:55 PM SUDSOL [Serena Marsh] via Product Q&As <[hidden email]> wrote:
[hidden email]

Rubber Hugs,
Serena Marsh
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 4, 2019, at 6:14 AM, SUDSOL [Linda Pastva-Callahan] via Product Q&As <[hidden email]> wrote:

Linda

>
>>
>>
>>

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: [hidden email]

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Linda Pastva-Callahan, please change the email address to: [hidden email]

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Serena Marsh, please change the email address to: [hidden email]

http://forum.sudsol.org/Storing-Supplies-and-Freezing-Temperatures-tp49928p50236.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h18@.nabble
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

Happy to know that!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Oct 24, 2019, at 1:26 PM, Chris Hnatiuk [via SUDSOL] <ml+s1100894n50238h10@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Thanks so much for your comments and input, ladies.  I have finally gotten my supplies into our house, and from what I can tell so far, everything survived!! 

I had to laugh when I went to use my liquid Tombow, because it just blurped out and made a mess.  Probably a little pressure build-up due to the temperature change, but once that was over with, all was good.

Chris in Calgary Canada

To: "chriserendipity" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:40:39 PM

Connie Douglas

Connie Douglas
#greatstampingwithconnie

[hidden email]

Rubber Hugs,
Serena Marsh
Sent from my iPhone

Linda

>
>>
>>
>>

NAML

http://forum.sudsol.org/Storing-Supplies-and-Freezing-Temperatures-tp49928p50238.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h6@n7.nabble.com
NAML