StazOn Cleaner and Photopolymer Stamps

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

StazOn Cleaner and Photopolymer Stamps

Jeanne Moss
I emailed Demonstrator Support about my concerns regarding using StazOn with photopolymer stamps.  I had read that StazOn Stamp Cleaner was not recommended for use on photopolymer stamps.  I used StazOn in a Tin of Cards kit class a couple of years ago (as instructed), and those photopolymer stamps are now black and hard because I didn’t want to use the StazOn cleaner.  So, I haven’t been using StazOn with my photopolymer stamps.  Now that we no longer have the archival black and gray inks, StazOn is our only option for watercoloring.  Here’s the response I received.

“We recommend using Stampin' Scrub with Stampin' Mist, Simply Shammy, water or water with a mild detergent to clean photopolymer stamp sets. We do not recommend using StazOn Cleaner (unless you thoroughly clean the stamp with one of the previously mentioned cleaning options to remove the StazOn Cleaner residue). StazOn Cleaner will ruin the photopolymer material over time.

It is not uncommon for the photopolymer stamp to become stained. Once properly cleaned, the stain should not affect future stamping experiences.”

I just wanted to share this information, in case someone else was wondering.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: StazOn Cleaner and Photopolymer Stamps

joyce pacer

Why did they tell us not to use Stazon on the photopolymer stamps when they first came out?  They said then that it would ruin them over a time.  Why have they changed their tune?  I am still using the Archival ink.  I did pick up several bottles of the refills.

Joyce

On August 24, 2018 at 8:13 PM "SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n43961h5@.nabble> wrote:

stampingal@live.com?subject=StazOn Cleaner and Photopolymer Stamps
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@

I emailed Demonstrator Support about my concerns regarding using StazOn with photopolymer stamps.  I had read that StazOn Stamp Cleaner was not recommended for use on photopolymer stamps.  I used StazOn in a Tin of Cards kit class a couple of years ago (as instructed), and those photopolymer stamps are now black and hard because I didn’t want to use the StazOn cleaner.  So, I haven’t been using StazOn with my photopolymer stamps.  Now that we no longer have the archival black and gray inks, StazOn is our only option for watercoloring.  Here’s the response I received.

“We recommend using Stampin' Scrub with Stampin' Mist, Simply Shammy, water or water with a mild detergent to clean photopolymer stamp sets. We do not recommend using StazOn Cleaner (unless you thoroughly clean the stamp with one of the previously mentioned cleaning options to remove the StazOn Cleaner residue). StazOn Cleaner will ruin the photopolymer material over time.

It is not uncommon for the photopolymer stamp to become stained. Once properly cleaned, the stain should not affect future stamping experiences.”

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h88@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Joyce Pacer
Business Chat
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

They did tell us not to use Stazon. I clearly remember that.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 24, 2018, at 5:43 PM, SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43962h98@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

joycepacer@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: StazOn Cleaner and Photopolymer Stamps
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: joycepacer@comcast.net

Why did they tell us not to use Stazon on the photopolymer stamps when they first came out?  They said then that it would ruin them over a time.  Why have they changed their tune?  I am still using the Archival ink.  I did pick up several bottles of the refills.

Joyce

On August 24, 2018 at 8:13 PM "SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n43961h5@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h88@.nabble
Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

If you want the reply to go ONLY to joyce pacer, please change the email address to: joycepacer@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961p43962.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h50@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Kathy Slamar

I agree with Joyce.  SU said not to use Stazon on photopolymer.  Now to say use it but then “double clean” is not acceptable to me.  I also continue to use Archival Black and bought several refills.  Most of my customers
have been with me for years and I told them to stock up on refills.   I also told them I would continue to use Archival Black.

I suggest we all voice our complaints in the Sandbox.  There are several ink options out there that work with photopolymer stamps.  I’m sure you watch other company’s You tube videos like I do!  SU needs to come up
with a better solution than just Stazon.  I’m not sure why they discontinued the Archival Black.  I liked it!

Kathy

On Aug 24, 2018, at 8:21 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43965h74@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20StazOn%20Cleaner%20and%20Photopolymer%20Stamps
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

They did tell us not to use Stazon. I clearly remember that.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 24, 2018, at 5:43 PM, SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43962h98@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

joycepacer@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: StazOn Cleaner and Photopolymer Stamps
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: joycepacer@comcast.net

Joyce

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h88@.nabble 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here. 
Joyce Pacer 
Business Chat 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to joyce pacer, please change the email address to: joycepacer@comcast.net 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961p43962.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h50@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961p43965.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h33@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Jeanne Moss

I know this is a controversial issue, but I have a real problem with it!

SU! did tell us not to use Staz On with Photopolymer when they were first introduced, and then they back-stepped.

I’ve shared before, and will continue to share, do not use Staz On with Photopolymer! I already knew this from years of stamping before joining Stampin’ Up! (about 15 years ago). It was confirmed a couple years ago by a friend who works for a company that creates Photopolymer products. He said there are chemicals in StazOn that will damage the Photopolymer over time.

Example: I have the large “Thank You” that I think was one of the “Stamps of the Month” years ago. Someone who came to stamp with me one day used StazOn without me realizing. It still has a strong Staz On smell - almost as strong as the pad itself- despite many cleanings with detergent, and it has become very sticky on the stamping side. I literally have to peel the cardstock off the stamp when I use it. I seldom use it anymore because of this. ☹️

FYI, Memento can be used for Watercoloring, but the ink must be completely dry and your brush must be very wet. If not, then the ink will bleed.

Hope this helps.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Aug 25, 2018, at 10:13 AM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43961h23@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@live.com

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h6@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson
In reply to this post by Jeanne Moss

I actually don't use Stazon Cleaner at all. I find if I spray with Stampin' Mist and clean straight away, there's no need for the Stazon Cleaner. I like Memento Black and if I need it in a hurry I just zap it with my heat tool. 
Just my 2 cents worth

On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 at 10:13, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n43961h68@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
stampingal@live.com?subject=StazOn+Cleaner+and+Photopolymer+Stamps
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@live.com

I emailed Demonstrator Support about my concerns regarding using StazOn with photopolymer stamps.  I had read that StazOn Stamp Cleaner was not recommended for use on photopolymer stamps.  I used StazOn in a Tin of Cards kit class a couple of years ago (as instructed), and those photopolymer stamps are now black and hard because I didn’t want to use the StazOn cleaner.  So, I haven’t been using StazOn with my photopolymer stamps.  Now that we no longer have the archival black and gray inks, StazOn is our only option for watercoloring.  Here’s the response I received.

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h51@n7.nabble.com

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

My original email was not intended to cause controversy, but to let everyone know what SU is recommending.

Maria, I LOVE Memento.  Do you happen to know if it bleeds with watercolor pencils and blender pen?

Libby, do you watercolor with the Memento?

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 25, 2018, at 6:00 AM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43970h11@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

libby.dyson5@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: StazOn Cleaner and Photopolymer Stamps
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@gmail.com

I actually don't use Stazon Cleaner at all. I find if I spray with Stampin' Mist and clean straight away, there's no need for the Stazon Cleaner. I like Memento Black and if I need it in a hurry I just zap it with my heat tool.
Just my 2 cents worth

On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 at 10:13, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n43961h68@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

I emailed Demonstrator Support about my concerns regarding using StazOn with photopolymer stamps. I had read that StazOn Stamp Cleaner was not recommended for use on photopolymer stamps. I used StazOn in a Tin of Cards kit class a couple of years ago (as instructed), and those photopolymer stamps are now black and hard because I didn’t want to use the StazOn cleaner. So, I haven’t been using StazOn with my photopolymer stamps. Now that we no longer have the archival black and gray inks, StazOn is our only option for watercoloring. Here’s the response I received.

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h51@n7.nabble.com

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961p43970.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h15@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

I have not tried Memento with Blender pens. I’ve only used paint brushes and Aqua Painter. However, I suspect Blender pens are not wet enough to prevent Memento from bleeding, so I suggest testing it on scrap cardstock before trying it on an actual project.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Aug 25, 2018, at 10:21 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43974h26@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

stampingal@live.com?subject=Re: SU!: StazOn Cleaner and Photopolymer Stamps

My original email was not intended to cause controversy, but to let everyone know what SU is recommending.

Maria, I LOVE Memento.  Do you happen to know if it bleeds with watercolor pencils and blender pen?

On Aug 25, 2018, at 6:00 AM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43970h11@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@gmail.com

Just my 2 cents worth

I emailed Demonstrator Support about my concerns regarding using StazOn with photopolymer stamps. I had read that StazOn Stamp Cleaner was not recommended for use on photopolymer stamps. I used StazOn in a Tin of Cards kit class a couple of years ago (as instructed), and those photopolymer stamps are now black and hard because I didn’t want to use the StazOn cleaner. So, I haven’t been using StazOn with my photopolymer stamps. Now that we no longer have the archival black and gray inks, StazOn is our only option for watercoloring. Here’s the response I received.

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961p43970.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h15@n7.nabble.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961p43974.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

Additionally, the original email did not cause controversy. What I meant was that the topic has been controversial - with opposing views - ever since Photopolymer stamps were first introduced to the market YEARS before Stampin’ Up! started producing them.

My intention was just to state my fact and experience based opinion. My apologies if I offended anyone in the process.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Aug 25, 2018, at 10:45 PM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43975h57@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: StazOn Cleaner and Photopolymer Stamps
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@gmail.com

I have not tried Memento with Blender pens. I’ve only used paint brushes and Aqua Painter. However, I suspect Blender pens are not wet enough to prevent Memento from bleeding, so I suggest testing it on scrap cardstock before trying it on an actual project.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Aug 25, 2018, at 10:21 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43974h26@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Just my 2 cents worth

--

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961p43974.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961p43975.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

No offense taken, Maria!  I appreciate your help and suggestions!

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 25, 2018, at 9:06 AM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43976h97@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@gmail.com

Additionally, the original email did not cause controversy. What I meant was that the topic has been controversial - with opposing views - ever since Photopolymer stamps were first introduced to the market YEARS before Stampin’ Up! started producing them.

My intention was just to state my fact and experience based opinion. My apologies if I offended anyone in the process.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Aug 25, 2018, at 10:45 PM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43975h57@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

Just my 2 cents worth

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961p43975.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961p43976.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

Thank you!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Aug 25, 2018, at 11:33 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43977h19@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

No offense taken, Maria!  I appreciate your help and suggestions!

On Aug 25, 2018, at 9:06 AM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43976h97@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

Just my 2 cents worth

--

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961p43976.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961p43977.html
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: StazOn Cleaner and Photopolymer Stamps

donnab07
In reply to this post by Maria Pobre

I use Memento Black with my Blends all the time.  The only color I have a possible problem with is yellow.  I just let the Memento ink dry a bit and save the yellow part till the last.  No problems here.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n43975h67@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n43975h67@.nabble]
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2018 5:46 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: Re: SU!: StazOn Cleaner and Photopolymer Stamps

Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20StazOn%20Cleaner%20and%20Photopolymer%20Stamps

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

Jeanne Moss

jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

Just my 2 cents worth

--

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h16@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

Yes, Memento is the recommended ink for the new Blends, but I wondered about the old blender pens with watercolor pencils.  Have you tried that?

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 25, 2018, at 11:26 AM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43979h90@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: SU!: StazOn Cleaner and Photopolymer Stamps
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

I use Memento Black with my Blends all the time. The only color I have a possible problem with is yellow. I just let the Memento ink dry a bit and save the yellow part till the last. No problems here.

Donna Bagwell

Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20StazOn%20Cleaner%20and%20Photopolymer%20Stamps

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

Jeanne Moss

Sent from my iPad

Just my 2 cents worth

--

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h16@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961p43979.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Pat Zweber

I hav found that if you work fast, stamping with Momento and embossing with clear powder keeps all bleeding from happening.  I have always embossed our colored inked images as well, but it has to be covered with powder immediately while the ink is wet.
Pat

On Aug 26, 2018, at 11:48 AM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43997h0@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

stampingal@live.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20StazOn%20Cleaner%20and%20Photopolymer%20Stamps

Yes, Memento is the recommended ink for the new Blends, but I wondered about the old blender pens with watercolor pencils.  Have you tried that?

On Aug 25, 2018, at 11:26 AM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n43979h90@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: SU!: StazOn Cleaner and Photopolymer Stamps
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

I use Memento Black with my Blends all the time. The only color I have a possible problem with is yellow. I just let the Memento ink dry a bit and save the yellow part till the last. No problems here.

Donna Bagwell

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

Jeanne Moss

Sent from my iPad

Just my 2 cents worth

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961p43979.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/StazOn-Cleaner-and-Photopolymer-Stamps-tp43961p43997.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h67@n7.nabble.com