Standard Cutting Pads issue

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Standard Cutting Pads issue

Blythe Klipple

You all know I’m not a whiner and I always look for the sunny side of an issue but……my cutting pads (I have eight) are a mess.  I have 4 old style pads and 4 new style (with the beveled edges).  The ‘newer’ ones are really bowed.  

I finally went on to YouTube and checked out several videos where they ‘cook’ and flatten their standard cutting pads in the oven.  I did call DS a few days ago and they DO NOT RECOMMEND OR CONDONE placing them in the oven.

My concern is that the new style pads really are of a different composition than the original ones and I don’t think they’re comparable.  I did put a note in the sandbox.

How are YOUR pads?  What do you do to keep them fairly flat?  Yes, I do turn mine over in every way possible after each use.  I also have new pads on order.  I can’t say that the Precision Base Plate, Magnetic Platform or new Big Shot Platform have anything to do with the issue—I’m not sure one way or the other.

BTW, this isn’t bashing (not my style)—  It’s critiquing the standard cutting pads.  I’m really looking forward to your tips.

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Mi Wuk Village CA
blythek@mac.com (Sudsol) or blythe@stampingwithblythe.com (biz)

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Standard Cutting Pads issue

Hauptl

Mine are the same!   I really dislike them!

Linda Haupt 
Stampin' Up Demonstrator 
1 605 209 8849

On Aug 29, 2016, at 3:34 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n31571h51@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

blythek@mac.com?subject=Standard Cutting Pads issue
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

You all know I’m not a whiner and I always look for the sunny side of an issue but……my cutting pads (I have eight) are a mess.  I have 4 old style pads and 4 new style (with the beveled edges).  The ‘newer’ ones are really bowed.  

I finally went on to YouTube and checked out several videos where they ‘cook’ and flatten their standard cutting pads in the oven.  I did call DS a few days ago and they DO NOT RECOMMEND OR CONDONE placing them in the oven.

My concern is that the new style pads really are of a different composition than the original ones and I don’t think they’re comparable.  I did put a note in the sandbox.

How are YOUR pads?  What do you do to keep them fairly flat?  Yes, I do turn mine over in every way possible after each use.  I also have new pads on order.  I can’t say that the Precision Base Plate, Magnetic Platform or new Big Shot Platform have anything to do with the issue—I’m not sure one way or the other.

BTW, this isn’t bashing (not my style)—  It’s critiquing the standard cutting pads.  I’m really looking forward to your tips.

~Blythe

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Standard-Cutting-Pads-issue-tp31571.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h43@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Standard Cutting Pads issue

wenkerc
In reply to this post by Blythe Klipple

My old pads lasted forever but the new ones warped soon after I started using them.  Funny thing:  I saw that same video and I baked my old pads twice.  The first time it worked but the second time it was a disaster so that’s why I had to order new ones! 

Cheryl Wenker

Independent Demonstrator
My blog: http://stampupwithme.com
My SU business website: http://stampupwithme.stampinup.net

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cwenker/

From: ml-node+s1100894n31571h85@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n31571h85@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 4:34 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Standard Cutting Pads issue

blythek@mac.com?subject=Standard%20Cutting%20Pads%20issue

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

~Blythe

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Standard-Cutting-Pads-issue-tp31571.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h77@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Cheryl Wenker Independent Demonstrator My blog: http://stampupwithme.com My SU business website: http://stampupwithme.stampinup.net Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cwenker/
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Standard Cutting Pads issue

Deborah McQuade
Mine are the same but they are still cutting fine. I just have to hold them down as they go in the first time so that nothing moves. Or I also us post-its to hold in place.

Debbie McQuade
http://debbiemcquade.stampinup.net/
Reply | Threaded
|

Cindy Hills

I flip mine over too and I have the same problem.    The end up looking like the letter "U"    Cindy Hills

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 4:34 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n31571h37@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
blythek@mac.com?subject=Standard+Cutting+Pads+issue

You all know I’m not a whiner and I always look for the sunny side of an issue but……my cutting pads (I have eight) are a mess.  I have 4 old style pads and 4 new style (with the beveled edges).  The ‘newer’ ones are really bowed.  

I finally went on to YouTube and checked out several videos where they ‘cook’ and flatten their standard cutting pads in the oven.  I did call DS a few days ago and they DO NOT RECOMMEND OR CONDONE placing them in the oven.

My concern is that the new style pads really are of a different composition than the original ones and I don’t think they’re comparable.  I did put a note in the sandbox.

How are YOUR pads?  What do you do to keep them fairly flat?  Yes, I do turn mine over in every way possible after each use.  I also have new pads on order.  I can’t say that the Precision Base Plate, Magnetic Platform or new Big Shot Platform have anything to do with the issue—I’m not sure one way or the other.

BTW, this isn’t bashing (not my style)—  It’s critiquing the standard cutting pads.  I’m really looking forward to your tips.

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h29@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Carol Hodson
In reply to this post by Deborah McQuade

Alas, mine also "bow"!  Flip them over often but still use post-its on my framelits to keep them where they need to be.  Always have a spare unopened set to use if I just can't stand it anymore  :-)

Wash them in very HOT water in my kitchen sink & put a heavy pan on top of them while still under the water.  Doesn't totally take the "U" out, but makes it a little better.  Also use dish soap & an old toothbrush on them to clean out all the paper bits out of the cut lines so at least they're clean bowed cutting pads  :-D

Carol Hodson
www.carolscreations.stampinup.net

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Deborah McQuade] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n31575h59@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <KlondikeSuzie@>
Sent: Mon, Aug 29, 2016 2:53 pm
Subject: Re: SU!: Standard Cutting Pads issue

debbie.mcquade@me.com?subject=Re: Standard Cutting Pads issue
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: debbie.mcquade@me.com

Mine are the same but they are still cutting fine. I just have to hold them down as they go in the first time so that nothing moves. Or I also us post-its to hold in place.

Debbie McQuade

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Deborah McQuade, please change the email address to: debbie.mcquade@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Standard-Cutting-Pads-issue-tp31571p31575.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h27@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Sara Levin

One of my downline attaches one of hers to the platform with binder clips after each use.  So far it has kept them flat.  She's got the new plates.

Sara

Sara Levin
theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)
The Artful Inker (Google+)

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 5:34 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n31571h93@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

You all know I’m not a whiner and I always look for the sunny side of an issue but……my cutting pads (I have eight) are a mess.  I have 4 old style pads and 4 new style (with the beveled edges).  The ‘newer’ ones are really bowed.  

I finally went on to YouTube and checked out several videos where they ‘cook’ and flatten their standard cutting pads in the oven.  I did call DS a few days ago and they DO NOT RECOMMEND OR CONDONE placing them in the oven.

My concern is that the new style pads really are of a different composition than the original ones and I don’t think they’re comparable.  I did put a note in the sandbox.

How are YOUR pads?  What do you do to keep them fairly flat?  Yes, I do turn mine over in every way possible after each use.  I also have new pads on order.  I can’t say that the Precision Base Plate, Magnetic Platform or new Big Shot Platform have anything to do with the issue—I’m not sure one way or the other.

BTW, this isn’t bashing (not my style)—  It’s critiquing the standard cutting pads.  I’m really looking forward to your tips.

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h85@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Debby Kainu

Mine are soooo warped!  It is very frustrating how many new sets I've gone through. They have definitely changed the composition of the new pads.   I constantly flip and rotate after each use. Will also be sending a note in the sandbox.   Hopefully SU will look into the issue if enough people put messages in the sandbox.

Debby

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 29, 2016, at 5:34 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n31571h24@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h16@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Carol Hodson
In reply to this post by Sara Levin

Another thing I have started doing when I put my Big Shot away (or on the other side of the room) is to put both of the plates on the platform & then roll them half way into the machine so that they will stay straight.  So far, the ones I started using when making my 100+ wedding favor boxes have remained pretty flat :-)

Carol Hodson
www.carolscreations.stampinup.net

From: SUDSOL [Sara Levin] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n31578h52@.nabble>
Sent: Mon, Aug 29, 2016 3:15 pm

TheArtfulInker@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Standard Cutting Pads issue
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com

One of my downline attaches one of hers to the platform with binder clips after each use. So far it has kept them flat. She's got the new plates.

Sara

Sara Levin
theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
(blog)

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 5:34 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n31571h93@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

You all know I’m not a whiner and I always look for the sunny side of an issue but……my cutting pads (I have eight) are a mess. I have 4 old style pads and 4 new style (with the beveled edges). The ‘newer’ ones are really bowed.

I finally went on to YouTube and checked out several videos where they ‘cook’ and flatten their standard cutting pads in the oven. I did call DS a few days ago and they DO NOT RECOMMEND OR CONDONE placing them in the oven.

My concern is that the new style pads really are of a different composition than the original ones and I don’t think they’re comparable. I did put a note in the sandbox.

How are YOUR pads? What do you do to keep them fairly flat? Yes, I do turn mine over in every way possible after each use. I also have new pads on order. I can’t say that the Precision Base Plate, Magnetic Platform or new Big Shot Platform have anything to do with the issue—I’m not sure one way or the other.

BTW, this isn’t bashing (not my style)— It’s critiquing the standard cutting pads. I’m really looking forward to your tips.

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h85@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, <a target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="about:blank">click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Standard-Cutting-Pads-issue-tp31571p31578.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h27@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Standard Cutting Pads issue

Ann Lewis
In reply to this post by Carol Hodson

Morning

I have had my Big Shot plates for over four years and yes they are worn but still work.  My Big Shot gets very heavy usage for both classes and preparation.  There are tons of You Tube videos around that have recommendations for how to look after your plates – the majority of which I personally do not recommend to my customers. 

Sizzix have put out a number of videos on this topic.  For me, they are the experts as they make both the machines and the dies.

In summary, do not place your plates in the oven.

Do not use dryer sheets or waxed paper with chemically etched dies (out Framelits and Thinlits).

Here is just one YouTube video that might help out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szjo74XwQZU

Cherry Lyn (makers of chemically etched dies like Stampin' Up!) has also put out this video that is interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiHwrRZnn50

Hopefully this helps a little.

Have a great day

Ann

From: ml-node+s1100894n31577h85@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n31577h85@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, 30 August 2016 8:03 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <annspaperworks@.net>

KlondikeSuzie@aol.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Standard%20Cutting%20Pads%20issue

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: KlondikeSuzie@aol.com

Alas, mine also "bow"!  Flip them over often but still use post-its on my framelits to keep them where they need to be.  Always have a spare unopened set to use if I just can't stand it anymore  :-)

Wash them in very HOT water in my kitchen sink & put a heavy pan on top of them while still under the water.  Doesn't totally take the "U" out, but makes it a little better.  Also use dish soap & an old toothbrush on them to clean out all the paper bits out of the cut lines so at least they're clean bowed cutting pads  :-D

From: SUDSOL [Deborah McQuade] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n31575h59@.nabble>

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: debbie.mcquade@me.com

Debbie McQuade

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Deborah McQuade, please change the email address to: debbie.mcquade@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Standard-Cutting-Pads-issue-tp31571p31575.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Carol Hodson, please change the email address to: KlondikeSuzie@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Standard-Cutting-Pads-issue-tp31571p31577.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h91@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Dawn DuVal

I have the same problem. The older ones have held up much better than the newer ones. The newer ones have bowed immediately. I have placed them under the front feet of the big shot and left them like that overnight. It did help some. 

On Monday, August 29, 2016, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node%2Bs1100894n31571h84@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;blythek@mac.com?subject%5Cx3dStandard%2BCutting%2BPads%2Bissue&#39;);" target="_blank">Click here to reply directly to Blythe Klipple privately at blythek@...
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;blythek@mac.com&#39;);" target="_blank">blythek@...

~Blythe

<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;blythek@mac.com&#39;);" target="_blank">blythek@... (Sudsol) or <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;blythe@stampingwithblythe.com&#39;);" target="_blank">blythe@... (biz)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;blythek@mac.com&#39;);" target="_blank">blythek@...
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h76@n5.nabble.com&#39;);" target="_blank">ml-node+s1100894n3h76@n5.nabble.com

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Dawn DuVal
Shall We Stamp
Finding Your Inner Artist...
        Unleashing Your Creativity!
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Felece
In reply to this post by Carol Hodson

Rotating the cutting pads when working with the magnetic platform or the new standard platform works very well to keep them straight. But, nothing works when using the precision base plate. I can't believe how warped they get and no amount of rotating them seems to help. I love the result when using the detailed dies but don't know how I'm going to keep myself in cutting pads. I have yet to find any solution to that but might try attaching the warped pad to the patform with a binder clip when not in use.

On Monday, August 29, 2016, SUDSOL [Carol Hodson] via Business Talk <ml-node%2Bs1100894n31580h84@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;KlondikeSuzie@aol.com?subject%5Cx3dRe:%2BSU!:%2BStandard%2BCutting%2BPads%2Bissue&#39;);" target="_blank">Click here to reply directly to Carol Hodson privately at KlondikeSuzie@...
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;KlondikeSuzie@aol.com&#39;);" target="_blank">KlondikeSuzie@...

Another thing I have started doing when I put my Big Shot away (or on the other side of the room) is to put both of the plates on the platform & then roll them half way into the machine so that they will stay straight.  So far, the ones I started using when making my 100+ wedding favor boxes have remained pretty flat :-)

TheArtfulInker@...?subject=Re: SU!: Standard Cutting Pads issue
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;TheArtfulInker@gmail.com&#39;);" target="_blank">TheArtfulInker@...

One of my downline attaches one of hers to the platform with binder clips after each use. So far it has kept them flat. She's got the new plates.

Sara

Sara Levin
<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;theartfulinker@gmail.com&#39;);" target="_blank">theartfulinker@... (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
(blog)

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 5:34 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;node%2Bs1100894n31571h93@n5.nabble.com&#39;);" target="_blank">node+s1100894n31571h93@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;blythek@mac.com&#39;);" target="_blank">blythek@...?subject=Standard+Cutting+Pads+issue
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;blythek@mac.com&#39;);" target="_blank">blythek@...

You all know I’m not a whiner and I always look for the sunny side of an issue but……my cutting pads (I have eight) are a mess. I have 4 old style pads and 4 new style (with the beveled edges). The ‘newer’ ones are really bowed.

I finally went on to YouTube and checked out several videos where they ‘cook’ and flatten their standard cutting pads in the oven. I did call DS a few days ago and they DO NOT RECOMMEND OR CONDONE placing them in the oven.

My concern is that the new style pads really are of a different composition than the original ones and I don’t think they’re comparable. I did put a note in the sandbox.

How are YOUR pads? What do you do to keep them fairly flat? Yes, I do turn mine over in every way possible after each use. I also have new pads on order. I can’t say that the Precision Base Plate, Magnetic Platform or new Big Shot Platform have anything to do with the issue—I’m not sure one way or the other.

BTW, this isn’t bashing (not my style)— It’s critiquing the standard cutting pads. I’m really looking forward to your tips.

~Blythe
<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;blythek@mac.com&#39;);" target="_blank">blythek@... (Sudsol) or <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;blythe@stampingwithblythe.com&#39;);" target="_blank">blythe@... (biz)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;blythek@mac.com&#39;);" target="_blank">blythek@...
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;2Bs1100894n3h85@n5.nabble.com&#39;);" target="_blank">2Bs1100894n3h85@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, <a target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="about:blank">click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;TheArtfulInker@gmail.com&#39;);" target="_blank">TheArtfulInker@...
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Standard-Cutting-Pads-issue-tp31571p31578.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;node%2Bs1100894n3h27@n5.nabble.com&#39;);" target="_blank">node+s1100894n3h27@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Carol Hodson, please change the email address to: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;KlondikeSuzie@aol.com&#39;);" target="_blank">KlondikeSuzie@...
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Standard-Cutting-Pads-issue-tp31571p31580.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h97@n5.nabble.com&#39;);" target="_blank">ml-node+s1100894n3h97@n5.nabble.com

--
Barbara Felece
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Reply | Threaded
|

Blythe Klipple
In reply to this post by Ann Lewis

Awesome Ann and thank you so much for sharing those links.  When my new plates arrive, and for my old plates, I won’t be putting any more in the oven.  

~Blythe

On Aug 29, 2016, at 3:40 PM, SUDSOL [Ann Lewis] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n31581h78@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

annspaperworks@iinet.net.au?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Standard%20Cutting%20Pads%20issue
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: annspaperworks@iinet.net.au

Morning

I have had my Big Shot plates for over four years and yes they are worn but still work.  My Big Shot gets very heavy usage for both classes and preparation.  There are tons of You Tube videos around that have recommendations for how to look after your plates – the majority of which I personally do not recommend to my customers.  

Sizzix have put out a number of videos on this topic.  For me, they are the experts as they make both the machines and the dies.

Do not use dryer sheets or waxed paper with chemically etched dies (out Framelits and Thinlits). 

Here is just one YouTube video that might help out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szjo74XwQZU

Cherry Lyn (makers of chemically etched dies like Stampin' Up!) has also put out this video that is interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiHwrRZnn50

Have a great day

Ann 

From: ml-node+s1100894n31577h85@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n31577h85@.nabble] 
Sent: Tuesday, 30 August 2016 8:03 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <annspaperworks@.net>
Subject: Re: SU!: Standard Cutting Pads issue

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: KlondikeSuzie@aol.com

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: debbie.mcquade@me.com

Debbie McQuade 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Deborah McQuade, please change the email address to: debbie.mcquade@me.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Standard-Cutting-Pads-issue-tp31571p31575.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h27@n5.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Carol Hodson, please change the email address to: KlondikeSuzie@aol.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Standard-Cutting-Pads-issue-tp31571p31577.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h91@n5.nabble.com 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Ann Lewis, please change the email address to: annspaperworks@iinet.net.au 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Standard-Cutting-Pads-issue-tp31571p31581.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h60@n5.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

lindseyj

I agree with you, Blythe.  One of my customers says she puts the "bowing part" under the roller in her Big Shot and has very little trouble.  jan

On Monday, August 29, 2016, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node%2Bs1100894n31571h29@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;blythek@mac.com?subject%5Cx3dStandard%2BCutting%2BPads%2Bissue&#39;);" target="_blank">Click here to reply directly to Blythe Klipple privately at blythek@...

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h21@n5.nabble.com&#39;);" target="_blank">ml-node+s1100894n3h21@n5.nabble.com

--
Jan Lindsey, independent Stampin' Up! representative

Reply | Threaded
|

Sharyn Bouck

The guy that was at the product playground demonstrating the new Big Shot Platform did mention they knew that the plates were warping and they were working on getting a better product.

Stampingly yours, Sharyn Bouck - Stampin' Up! Demonstrator since 9/96
(proud Grandma of 17 year old David and 7 year old Kendra)
E Greenbush NY 12061
boucksha@hotmail.com   
Call or Text 518 522-2344

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 14:34:20 -0700
To: boucksha@
Subject: SU!: Standard Cutting Pads issue

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@

~Blythe

blythek@ (Sudsol) or blythe@ (biz)

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h74@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Ann Lewis
In reply to this post by Barbara Felece

I forgot to mention before I always store my acrylic plates under the platform and then rolled through the Big Shot which keeps uniform pressure on them which also helps to keep them flat.

Ann

From: ml-node+s1100894n31583h71@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n31583h71@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, 30 August 2016 9:16 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <annspaperworks@.net>

stamperbabs@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Standard%20Cutting%20Pads%20issue

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stamperbabs@gmail.com

Rotating the cutting pads when working with the magnetic platform or the new standard platform works very well to keep them straight. But, nothing works when using the precision base plate. I can't believe how warped they get and no amount of rotating them seems to help. I love the result when using the detailed dies but don't know how I'm going to keep myself in cutting pads. I have yet to find any solution to that but might try attaching the warped pad to the patform with a binder clip when not in use.

On Monday, August 29, 2016, SUDSOL [Carol Hodson] via Business Talk <ml-node%2Bs1100894n31580h84@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;KlondikeSuzie@?subject%5Cx3dRe:%2BSU!:%2BStandard%2BCutting%2BPads%2Bissue&#39;);" target="_blank">Click here to reply directly to Carol Hodson privately at KlondikeSuzie@...

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;KlondikeSuzie@&#39;);" target="_blank">KlondikeSuzie@...

Another thing I have started doing when I put my Big Shot away (or on the other side of the room) is to put both of the plates on the platform & then roll them half way into the machine so that they will stay straight. So far, the ones I started using when making my 100+ wedding favor boxes have remained pretty flat :-)

TheArtfulInker@...?subject=Re: SU!: Standard Cutting Pads issue

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;TheArtfulInker@&#39;);" target="_blank">TheArtfulInker@...

Sara

Sara Levin

<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;theartfulinker@&#39;);" target="_blank">theartfulinker@... (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
(blog)

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 5:34 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;node%2Bs1100894n31571h93@.nabble&#39;);" target="_blank">node+s1100894n31571h93@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;blythek@&#39;);" target="_blank">blythek@...?subject=Standard+Cutting+Pads+issue

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;blythek@&#39;);" target="_blank">blythek@...

~Blythe

<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;blythek@&#39;);" target="_blank">blythek@... (Sudsol) or <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;blythe@&#39;);" target="_blank">blythe@... (biz)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;blythek@&#39;);" target="_blank">blythek@...

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;2Bs1100894n3h85@.nabble&#39;);" target="_blank">2Bs1100894n3h85@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;TheArtfulInker@&#39;);" target="_blank">TheArtfulInker@...

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;node%2Bs1100894n3h27@.nabble&#39;);" target="_blank">node+s1100894n3h27@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Carol Hodson, please change the email address to: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;KlondikeSuzie@&#39;);" target="_blank">KlondikeSuzie@...
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Standard-Cutting-Pads-issue-tp31571p31580.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h97@.nabble&#39;);" target="_blank">ml-node+s1100894n3h97@n5.nabble.com

--
Barbara Felece

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Felece, please change the email address to: stamperbabs@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Standard-Cutting-Pads-issue-tp31571p31583.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h91@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

I noticed a difference in the performance of the newer cutting pads almost from the beginning, and regretted having accidentally given away my last pair of the old style. Part of the issue is that they are thinner than the old style, but I do agree with those of you who feel the composition is different. Needing to roll back and forth multiple times to cut the intricate designs even when using the Precision Base Plate doesn't help either since it stresses out the same area. If the cutting pads aren't bowed before they definitely are after.

Sad part is that I don't think Stampin' Up! has much control over the manufacturing of them since they are a Sizzix product. I'm sure they can provide feedback, but whether or not Sizzix listens is another story.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

On Aug 30, 2016, at 7:34 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n31571h33@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

wingersonk
In reply to this post by Deborah McQuade

My pads are a MESS!!!   They warp no matter how careful I am.  I hate it when I watch YouTube videos and the person says "these are my original plates"  and they look completely flat.  I am with Connie Stewart, they warp and I buy new ones.  Expensive, but the dies definitely work better when the plates are flat.

My humble opinion....I think the problem is with Sizzix, they are making them thinner so we need to purchase new ones much more often

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 2:53 PM, SUDSOL [Deborah McQuade] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n31575h65@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
debbie.mcquade@me.com?subject=Re:+Standard+Cutting+Pads+issue

Debbie McQuade

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h33@n5.nabble.com

--
Kathleen Wingerson
Grants Pass, OR

Visit my Blog
Visit my YouTube Channel
E-mail:  kathleenstamps5@gmail.com
Reply | Threaded
|

joyce pacer

I did this after seeing the videos and I am amazed.  Wow, the dirt that came out of those plates was amazing.  I have also be storing the plates in my big shot with the cutting plate for embossing on top.  They really flatten out.

From: "SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n31584h18@.nabble>
To: "SUDSOL Group" <joycepacer@>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 7:16:56 PM

blythek@mac.com?subject=Re: SU!: Standard Cutting Pads issue
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@

Awesome Ann and thank you so much for sharing those links.  When my new plates arrive, and for my old plates, I won’t be putting any more in the oven.  

~Blythe

On Aug 29, 2016, at 3:40 PM, SUDSOL [Ann Lewis] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n31581h78@.nabble> wrote:

annspaperworks@.net?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Standard%20Cutting%20Pads%20issue
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: annspaperworks@.net

Morning

Here is just one YouTube video that might help out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szjo74XwQZU

Cherry Lyn (makers of chemically etched dies like Stampin' Up!) has also put out this video that is interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiHwrRZnn50

Have a great day

Ann 

From: ml-node+s1100894n31577h85@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n31577h85@.nabble] 
Sent: Tuesday, 30 August 2016 8:03 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <annspaperworks@.net>
Subject: Re: SU!: Standard Cutting Pads issue

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: KlondikeSuzie@aol.com

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: debbie.mcquade@me.com

Debbie McQuade 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Deborah McQuade, please change the email address to: debbie.mcquade@me.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Standard-Cutting-Pads-issue-tp31571p31575.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h27@n5.nabble.com 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Carol Hodson, please change the email address to: KlondikeSuzie@aol.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Standard-Cutting-Pads-issue-tp31571p31577.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h91@n5.nabble.com 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Ann Lewis, please change the email address to: annspaperworks@.net 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Standard-Cutting-Pads-issue-tp31571p31581.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h60@.nabble 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Standard-Cutting-Pads-issue-tp31571p31584.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h7@.nabble

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat
Reply | Threaded
|

Kirsteen Gill

When all the videos and chat came out about baking the plates a couple of years ago, I decided to try....and ended up with cookie sheet size plates 😂😂😂 
I rotate/flip/twist and polka with them but many are still warped. I do STILL have my original plates-the ones that came with that very first SU Big Shot, they're VERY cloudy but mostly flat. And they still get used in classes. I'm waiting on that loud cracking sound but nothing so far. The difference between the new style and older is obvious. But, I don't think SU has much to do with it. They can feedback to Sizzix, so keep commenting on the Sandbox.

I read that you should not leave them rolled into the big shot when you're not using them as this puts continued pressure on the rollers of the machine? And I'd rather replace the plates than my machines.

I'm thinking of popping them under the bed mattress...on hubbys side of the bed 😜
Kx

Kirsteen Gill
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Katy TX
(001) 713-594-5226

On Aug 29, 2016, at 4:34 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n31571h44@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h36@n5.nabble.com