Stamping with Polymer stamps

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Stamping with Polymer stamps

Cindy Hills
I have been stamping with the  new Flower Patch Polymer set.   How do I get an even color with the big flower stamp and the large leaves?  The ink spreads out then leaves blank holes in the image.   It doesn't look good at all.  Any suggestions how to get the ink to even out?

The smaller images I am doing great with.  It's just the bigger images.

Thank you for all your help.  Cindy Hills from Wi
Reply | Threaded
|

Inking up Polymer stamps

Cindy Hills

Hello,

I am using the new Flower Patch stamp set.  I am having trouble getting the solid images to ink evenly and not have blank holes in them.   How do you get the ink to spread out evenly on the solid petals of the leaves and the biggest flower?

The smaller lines and petals ink evenly but the big solid images.

thank you for any help!   Cindy Hills from WI
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Stamping with Polymer stamps

Cindy McCool
In reply to this post by Cindy Hills
I'd be interested in knowing as well. I played with that set for hours
trying to get even coverage. I did find that the lighter the color, the more
even coverage, but I want to use the new colors. Someone said stamping off
first but didn't work for me, all I get is uneven coverage.

Cindy McCool
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: RE: Stamping with Polymer stamps

Cindy Hills
Yes I have rubbed my hand on the stamp.  I have cleaned the stamp.  I have
tapped lightly and it still has "holes" in it.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: RE: Stamping with Polymer stamps

Barbara Felece
In reply to this post by Cindy McCool
I've had great success using the piercing mat or other foam surface as a
base to stamp on.

--
Barbara Felece
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: RE: Stamping with Polymer stamps

Holly Krautkremer
I place my stamp on the block, turn the block over and gently tap the ink pad over the stamp moving the ink pad around as I do. This is what has worked for me. I have found if I don't tap it and move the  ink pad then it doesn't cover the stamp evenly. I hope that helps!

Holly Krautkremer
My Blog http://rubberredneck.typepad.com
My Online SU Store 24-7 Click on "Shop Now" http://www.rubberredneck.stampinup.net
Join My TeamHERE 
My Etsy Store HERE
The Rubber
  Redneck STAMPede On-line Classes Fresh Cuts Edition Open for Registration!!! Visit http://rubberredneckstampede.com/new/
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and Creative Coach
Holly Krautkremer
My Blog http://rubberredneck.typepad.com
Shop with me! ShopRubberRedneck.com
Join My Team HERE
My Etsy Store HERE
The Rubber Redneck STAMPede On-line Class Visit HERE!
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: RE: Stamping with Polymer stamps

Susan Elise Morton
Ladies ~ Try using the Stampin' Pierce Mat under your card stock ~ that
should provide a little give so that the stamp can deposit all the ink!

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Re: RE: Stamping with Polymer stamps

Phyllis Strickland
In reply to this post by Holly Krautkremer
Bonnie Thurber taught us to stamp and then say "(Insert your name) is
beautiful" before lifting the stamp.

I don't know if this applies to photopolymer stamps but is sure does make a
difference with red rubber if you let the stamp set on the paper about 10
seconds before lifting the stamp.

Phyllis Strickland

_____  
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Inking up Polymer stamps

Barb Stencel
To get even coverage and a crisp image with the solid Photopolymer stamps,
lay your cardstock on top of your piercing mat or a similar surface then
stamp.  Also helps if your ink pad is fairly juicy - not drippy wet or you
will get smearing.  (Ask me how I know!)  

~ B

Barb Stencel
www.beelinestamping.com
847-909-1718
barb@beelinestamping.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: RE: Stamping with Polymer stamps

donnab07
Patty Bennett posted a solution - try placing SU!'s foam pad under your
work.   I bought a large foam-like pad years ago, and placed it under my
grid sheets before stamping; it really helped me to get an evenly stamped
image.

Donna

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Inking up Polymer stamps

Coleen Astalos

Try rubbing that area of the stamp well with your finger to rub off any layer that SU! may use to make them.  Or rub them good on a pair of jeans.  On the regular rubber stamps, I use the sanding blocks to get that sealant off - but I'm not sure if the photopolymer can take that.

Coleen

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO, coleen@sudsol.com
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

Hello,

I am using the new Flower Patch stamp set. I am having trouble getting the solid images to ink evenly and not have blank holes in them. How do you get the ink to spread out evenly on the solid petals of the leaves and the biggest flower?

thank you for any help! Cindy Hills from WI

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Re: RE: Stamping with Polymer stamps

Ginny Tabor
In reply to this post by Holly Krautkremer
I have had good luck putting the cardstock on top of the pierce mat when stamping.  The thick, soft surface "gives" a bit, and the big, bold images stamp more evenly.  Hope this helps! 
Ginny Tabor 

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: RE: Inking up Polymer stamps

Cindy Hills
In reply to this post by Barb Stencel

Hello!!

I want to thank everyone for trying to help me with the polymer stamps.  I am now getting it all to ink and stamp by tapping the ink on with the pad and then stamping with the cardstock on top of the piercing mat.  I just need to work on the big flower yet.  I am now down to a 1/4" hole now!!   I'll just keep playing with it. 

Thank you all again!  Cindy

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 10:10 AM, SUDSOL [Barb Stencel] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n11726h42@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
bstencel@comcast.net?subject=RE:+Inking+up+Polymer+stamps
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bstencel@comcast.net

To get even coverage and a crisp image with the solid Photopolymer stamps, lay your cardstock on top of your piercing mat or a similar surface then stamp.  Also helps if your ink pad is fairly juicy – not drippy wet or you will get smearing.  (Ask me how I know!) 

~ B

From: ml-node+s1100894n11717h9@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n11717h9@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2014 9:14 AM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Inking up Polymer stamps

cindy.hills62@...?subject=Inking%20up%20Polymer%20stamps

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy.hills62@gmail.com

Hello,

I am using the new Flower Patch stamp set. I am having trouble getting the solid images to ink evenly and not have blank holes in them. How do you get the ink to spread out evenly on the solid petals of the leaves and the biggest flower?

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy Hills, please change the email address to: cindy.hills62@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Inking-up-Polymer-stamps-tp11717.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h75@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Barb Stencel
www.beelinestamping.com
<a href="tel:847-909-1718" value="+18479091718" target="_blank">847-909-1718
barb@beelinestamping.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barb Stencel, please change the email address to: bstencel@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Inking-up-Polymer-stamps-tp11717p11726.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h29@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: RE: Inking up Polymer stamps

Brenda Crawshaw

One thing that might be contributing to the problem is if your ink pad is overjuiced.  I find that with the new foam pads and ESPECIALLY with the new In Colors that if there is ink pooling on the surface you won't get even coverage no matter what you try with the stamps.  I solved this by taking a piece of regular printer paper, folding it in quarters and just placing the paper over the ink pad with just regular pressure - no pressing - until you get a rectangle that doesn't have bleed marks around the outline.  Try that and see if it helps at all.

From: "SUDSOL [Cindy Hills] via Product Q&As" <ml-node+s1100894n11736h86@.nabble>
To: "SUDSOL Group" <bhc62@>
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2014 11:45:06 AM
Subject: SU!: Re: RE: Inking up Polymer stamps

cindy.hills62@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: RE: Inking up Polymer stamps
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy.hills62@

Hello!!

I want to thank everyone for trying to help me with the polymer stamps. I am now getting it all to ink and stamp by tapping the ink on with the pad and then stamping with the cardstock on top of the piercing mat. I just need to work on the big flower yet. I am now down to a 1/4" hole now!! I'll just keep playing with it.

Thank you all again! Cindy

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 10:10 AM, SUDSOL [Barb Stencel] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n11726h42@.nabble> wrote:
bstencel@?subject=RE:+Inking+up+Polymer+stamps
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bstencel@

To get even coverage and a crisp image with the solid Photopolymer stamps, lay your cardstock on top of your piercing mat or a similar surface then stamp. Also helps if your ink pad is fairly juicy – not drippy wet or you will get smearing. (Ask me how I know!)

~ B

From: ml-node+s1100894n11717h9@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n11717h9@.nabble]

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy.hills62@

Hello,

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy Hills, please change the email address to: cindy.hills62@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Inking-up-Polymer-stamps-tp11717.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h75@.nabble

Barb Stencel
www.beelinestamping.com
barb@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barb Stencel, please change the email address to: bstencel@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Inking-up-Polymer-stamps-tp11717p11726.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h29@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy Hills, please change the email address to: cindy.hills62@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamping-with-Polymer-stamps-tp11718p11736.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h44@.nabble

Brenda Crawshaw Blog: http://www.TheCrawshawGroup.com Website: http://www.brendacrawshaw.stampinup.net Contact me! Bhc62@rcn.com or Brenda@TheCrawshawGroup.com 508-628-9765
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: RE: Stamping with Polymer stamps

Sandy Hill

Try using the piercing mat under your card stock,  that will give you much better coverage.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 14, 2014, at 8:57 AM, "SUDSOL [Cindy Hills] via Product Q&As" <ml-node+s1100894n11720h62@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

cindy.hills62@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: RE: Stamping with Polymer stamps
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy.hills62@gmail.com

Yes I have rubbed my hand on the stamp. I have cleaned the stamp. I have tapped lightly and it still has "holes" in it.

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 9:38 AM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n11719h25@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
cmccool@mccoolmgt.com?subject=RE:+Stamping+with+Polymer+stamps
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cmccool@mccoolmgt.com

I’d be interested in knowing as well. I played with that set for hours trying to get even coverage. I did find that the lighter the color, the more even coverage, but I want to use the new colors. Someone said stamping off first but didn’t work for me, all I get is uneven coverage.

From: ml-node+s1100894n11718h5@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n11718h5@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2014 7:23 AM
Subject: SU!: Stamping with Polymer stamps

cindy.hills62@...?subject=Stamping%20with%20Polymer%20stamps

I have been stamping with the new Flower Patch Polymer set. How do I get an even color with the big flower stamp and the large leaves? The ink spreads out then leaves blank holes in the image. It doesn't look good at all. Any suggestions how to get the ink to even out?

The smaller images I am doing great with. It's just the bigger images.

Thank you for all your help. Cindy Hills from Wi

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamping-with-Polymer-stamps-tp11718.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h21@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4716 / Virus Database: 3986/7851 - Release Date: 07/14/14

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
<a href="tel:650-867-0037" value="+16508670037" target="_blank">650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy McCool, please change the email address to: cmccool@mccoolmgt.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamping-with-Polymer-stamps-tp11718p11719.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h10@n5.nabble.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamping-with-Polymer-stamps-tp11718p11720.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h16@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Re: RE: Inking up Polymer stamps

Diane Harman

Cindy,
I had the same problem the first couple of times with the big flower. I cleaned it a couple of more times, and then rubbed and twisted it on my grid paper. Then it was fine. I tapped the stamp lightly on my ink pad  a couple of spots, just in case it wasn't getting 100% inked up.  I have noticed air bubbles under the stamps sometimes, and that could interfere with a smooth image.
Good luck
Diane

Diane Harman
make me a channel of Your peace
----- Original Message -----
To: stampindiane@twc.com
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2014 11:45 AM
Subject: SU!: Re: RE: Inking up Polymer stamps

cindy.hills62@gmail.com

Hello!!

I want to thank everyone for trying to help me with the polymer stamps. I am now getting it all to ink and stamp by tapping the ink on with the pad and then stamping with the cardstock on top of the piercing mat. I just need to work on the big flower yet. I am now down to a 1/4" hole now!! I'll just keep playing with it.

Thank you all again! Cindy

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 10:10 AM, SUDSOL [Barb Stencel] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n11726h42@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
bstencel@comcast.net?subject=RE:+Inking+up+Polymer+stamps
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bstencel@comcast.net

To get even coverage and a crisp image with the solid Photopolymer stamps, lay your cardstock on top of your piercing mat or a similar surface then stamp. Also helps if your ink pad is fairly juicy – not drippy wet or you will get smearing. (Ask me how I know!)

~ B

Hello,

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h75@n5.nabble.com

Barb Stencel
www.beelinestamping.com
barb@beelinestamping.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barb Stencel, please change the email address to: bstencel@comcast.net
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h29@n5.nabble.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamping-with-Polymer-stamps-tp11718p11736.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h48@.nabble