classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Stampin Trimmer

Barbara Felece
Hi Everyone,

I'm having some problems with my trimmer all of a sudden. I have cleaned and conditioned it, changed blades, put a new cutting strip,and still it is giving me ragged cuts. Anyone ever have this happen? Do they just wear out?I have had this one for at least 3 years. Any info or advice would be appreciated.
TIA
Barbara
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Stampin Trimmer

Barbara Rathmell

Barbara, Make sure you have the cutting pad turned to the correct side.  Mine fell out once and I put it in wrong and it caused a mess.

Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 6, 2019, at 8:06 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46432h4@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

stamperbabs@gmail.com?subject=Stampin Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stamperbabs@gmail.com

Hi Everyone,

I'm having some problems with my trimmer all of a sudden. I have cleaned and conditioned it, changed blades, put a new cutting strip,and still it is giving me ragged cuts. Anyone ever have this happen? Do they just wear out?I have had this one for at least 3 years. Any info or advice would be appreciated.
TIA
Barbara

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Felece, please change the email address to: stamperbabs@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h86@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Linda Pastva-Callahan

Try another blade. Might have a defective one??

Linda Pastva-Calahan

Leechburg, PA 

demo in western PA since 2007

On February 6, 2019 at 9:30 AM "SUDSOL [Barbara Rathmell] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n46434h90@.nabble> wrote:

bdrathmell@aol.com?subject=Re: SU!: Stampin Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bdrathmell@

Barbara, Make sure you have the cutting pad turned to the correct side.  Mine fell out once and I put it in wrong and it caused a mess.

Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 6, 2019, at 8:06 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n46432h4@.nabble > wrote:

stamperbabs@?subject=Stampin Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stamperbabs@

Hi Everyone,

TIA
Barbara

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Felece, please change the email address to: stamperbabs@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h86@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Rathmell, please change the email address to: bdrathmell@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46434.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h10@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Walsh
In reply to this post by Barbara Felece

Hello everyone. I don't usually comment when it comes to product issues but this one I must. My personal belief is that it's the paper and not the trimmer/blade  itself. To ease my frustrations with the trimmer leaving ragged edges, I purchased a second trimmer. Guess what???? Ragged edges with a brand new right out of the box trimmer. I'm still calming down before I write demo support.

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019, 8:06 AM SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n46432h44@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
stamperbabs@gmail.com?subject=Stampin+Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stamperbabs@gmail.com

Hi Everyone,

TIA
Barbara

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Felece, please change the email address to: stamperbabs@gmail.com
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h26@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

mudmaven

I have found that some of our paper will be "shreddy" and some will not while using the stampin' trimmer.  I have used a nail file/smoothing block on those shredded edges with reasonable results.  You do what you must to make things work.  I have also had issues with the same color cardstock being a different color/texture/weight and you just work around it.  It's what we have to do in the current "maximum cost effective" environment at SU.

~chris
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. - Douglas Adams

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 8:47 AM SUDSOL [Jeanne Walsh] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n46436h1@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
createwithjeanne@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Stampin+Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: createwithjeanne@gmail.com

Hello everyone. I don't usually comment when it comes to product issues but this one I must. My personal belief is that it's the paper and not the trimmer/blade itself. To ease my frustrations with the trimmer leaving ragged edges, I purchased a second trimmer. Guess what???? Ragged edges with a brand new right out of the box trimmer. I'm still calming down before I write demo support.

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019, 8:06 AM SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As <ml%252Bs1100894n46432h44@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
stamperbabs@...?subject=Stampin+Trimmer

Hi Everyone,

TIA
Barbara

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%252Bs1100894n1954h26@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Walsh, please change the email address to: createwithjeanne@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46436.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h59@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Robin Messenheimer
In reply to this post by Jeanne Walsh

I've just finished cutting all the papers/cardstock for a large full-card swap. I was so frustrated that even a new blade didn’t do the clean kind of cutting I had with the old tabletop cutter. (Mine was lost in the lava eruption last Spring.) so I went looking for a guillotine cutter and found the Tim Holts cutter that looks just like the retired SU cutter. It won’t get here to help with the current project, but it should help going forward.

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 6, 2019, at 05:47, SUDSOL [Jeanne Walsh] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46436h85@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

createwithjeanne@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Stampin Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: createwithjeanne@gmail.com

Hello everyone. I don't usually comment when it comes to product issues but this one I must. My personal belief is that it's the paper and not the trimmer/blade itself. To ease my frustrations with the trimmer leaving ragged edges, I purchased a second trimmer. Guess what???? Ragged edges with a brand new right out of the box trimmer. I'm still calming down before I write demo support.

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019, 8:06 AM SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n46432h44@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

TIA
Barbara

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h26@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Walsh, please change the email address to: createwithjeanne@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46436.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h43@n7.nabble.com
Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Kathy Slamar
In reply to this post by Barbara Rathmell

I change my blade every 4 weeks.  I write the date of the new blade on it with a permanent marker, so I remember.  I often find the black card stock  cuts ragged even with a fairly new blade.
I sometimes have problems with the Whisper White, generally no problem with the colored card stock.  That would seem to mean it is a paper problem.

Not that this helps you now, but you may want to check with a local UPS store and see if they do paper cutting.  My local store does, and when I do a Stamping Stack, I have all the card fronts and the 4 x 5 1/4” layers cut by them.  I have them cut this for 300 cards and it generally cost be about $7.  I do the smaller piece cutting myself, because they charge by the cut and that would be expensive.  It saves a lot of hassle.  I also have a Carl Cutter for major cutting because I don’t think the SU cutter is sufficient for major cut jobs.  Wish it was!

Kathy Slamar

On Feb 6, 2019, at 8:30 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Rathmell] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46434h13@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

bdrathmell@aol.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Stampin%20Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bdrathmell@aol.com

Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 6, 2019, at 8:06 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46432h4@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

TIA
Barbara

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h86@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Rathmell, please change the email address to: bdrathmell@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46434.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h33@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Felece

Thanks everyone for the trimmer input. I called DS and they are sending me
A new packet of blades. I’ve not had this much trouble with the trimmer since
I got it . The person I spoke to did admit they had trouble with a batch of blades in recent
months.  It seems to me those blades used to last quite awhile. I may have to resort to my Tim Holtz guillotine cutter for all but really small increment cuts. I have enjoyed my SU cutter up until now but even replacing the blades didn’t make a big difference like it used to.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 6, 2019, at 2:28 PM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46443h37@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

kathy@slamar.com?subject=Re: SU!: Stampin Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@slamar.com

I change my blade every 4 weeks.  I write the date of the new blade on it with a permanent marker, so I remember.  I often find the black card stock  cuts ragged even with a fairly new blade.
I sometimes have problems with the Whisper White, generally no problem with the colored card stock.  That would seem to mean it is a paper problem.

Not that this helps you now, but you may want to check with a local UPS store and see if they do paper cutting.  My local store does, and when I do a Stamping Stack, I have all the card fronts and the 4 x 5 1/4” layers cut by them.  I have them cut this for 300 cards and it generally cost be about $7.  I do the smaller piece cutting myself, because they charge by the cut and that would be expensive.  It saves a lot of hassle.  I also have a Carl Cutter for major cutting because I don’t think the SU cutter is sufficient for major cut jobs.  Wish it was!

Kathy Slamar

On Feb 6, 2019, at 8:30 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Rathmell] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46434h13@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bdrathmell@aol.com

Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Everyone,

TIA
Barbara

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46443.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h78@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Linda Pastva-Callahan
In reply to this post by Kathy Slamar

Hi!  Just wondering what model # of Carl cutter do you have and where did you get it??  I'm looking for a new guillotine cutter and the ones like our old Stampin' Up! branded one are not the same!!   (I've already returned one to Scrapbook.com).  Thanks for your help.

Linda Pastva-Callahan

Leechburg, PA

demo in western PA  since 2007

On February 6, 2019 at 2:28 PM "SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n46443h69@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@

Kathy Slamar

On Feb 6, 2019, at 8:30 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Rathmell] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n46434h13@.nabble > wrote:

bdrathmell@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Stampin%20Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bdrathmell@

Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 6, 2019, at 8:06 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n46432h4@n7.nabble.com > wrote:

Hi Everyone,

TIA
Barbara

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Rathmell, please change the email address to: bdrathmell@
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h33@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46443.html
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Stampin Trimmer

donnab07
In reply to this post by Barbara Felece

Unfortunately Stampin’ Up! tells us every now and then that they received a bad batch of trimmer blades.  I don’t understand why “dull” blades continue to be a problem.  If good blades can be produced, why not all the time?

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n46444h6@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n46444h6@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 12:29 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Stampin Trimmer

stamperbabs@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Stampin%20Trimmer

Thanks everyone for the trimmer input. I called DS and they are sending me

A new packet of blades. I’ve not had this much trouble with the trimmer since

I got it . The person I spoke to did admit they had trouble with a batch of blades in recent

months.  It seems to me those blades used to last quite awhile. I may have to resort to my Tim Holtz guillotine cutter for all but really small increment cuts. I have enjoyed my SU cutter up until now but even replacing the blades didn’t make a big difference like it used to.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 6, 2019, at 2:28 PM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46443h37@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@slamar.com

Kathy Slamar

Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Everyone,

TIA
Barbara

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h78@n7.nabble.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46444.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h16@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07
In reply to this post by Robin Messenheimer

This is interesting.  SU! told us that the guillotine cutter was retired because the company that produced them wasn’t making them anymore.  Keep us posted on the performance of the Tim Holtz one.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n46440h82@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n46440h82@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 10:12 AM

rmessenheimer@earthlink.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Stampin%20Trimmer

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net

I've just finished cutting all the papers/cardstock for a large full-card swap. I was so frustrated that even a new blade didn’t do the clean kind of cutting I had with the old tabletop cutter. (Mine was lost in the lava eruption last Spring.) so I went looking for a guillotine cutter and found the Tim Holts cutter that looks just like the retired SU cutter. It won’t get here to help with the current project, but it should help going forward.

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 6, 2019, at 05:47, SUDSOL [Jeanne Walsh] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46436h85@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

createwithjeanne@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Stampin Trimmer

Hi Everyone,

TIA
Barbara

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h43@n7.nabble.com

Robin Messenheimer Pahoa, Hawaii http://robinscraftroom.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46440.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h16@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Beth Schreiber
In reply to this post by Linda Pastva-Callahan

Bought it from amazon...made a mistake and got the 18”....wanted to get a 15” to easily handle our 12x12 DSP. 
https://www.amazon.com/CARL-Professional-Rotary-Paper-Trimmer/dp/B0006HV9N4/ref=asc_df_B0006HV9N4/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167157743978&hvpos=1o9&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11574622282359373450&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9005536&hvtargid=pla-310562481014&psc=1

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 6, 2019, at 4:03 PM, SUDSOL [Linda Pastva-Callahan] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46447h32@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

happyloyzo21@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Stampin Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: happyloyzo21@comcast.net

Hi!  Just wondering what model # of Carl cutter do you have and where did you get it??  I'm looking for a new guillotine cutter and the ones like our old Stampin' Up! branded one are not the same!!   (I've already returned one to Scrapbook.com).  Thanks for your help.

Linda Pastva-Callahan

Leechburg, PA

On February 6, 2019 at 2:28 PM "SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n46443h69@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@

Kathy Slamar

On Feb 6, 2019, at 8:30 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Rathmell] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n46434h13@.nabble > wrote:

Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 6, 2019, at 8:06 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n46432h4@n7.nabble.com > wrote:

Hi Everyone,

TIA
Barbara

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Rathmell, please change the email address to: bdrathmell@
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h33@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Linda Pastva-Callahan, please change the email address to: happyloyzo21@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46447.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h49@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Blythe Klipple

I’ve had a 17” Carl Cutter for at least 15 years, if not 20 and I still just love it!  I did have to finally purchase new cutting mats a few years ago but they last a long time.  I flip mine end to end and front to back.  Depending upon my need, and perhaps mood, I flip between SU!’s trimmer, the old guillotine SU! cutter and my Carl.  And I love all the fun cuts I can make with the regular Paper Trimmer.  

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Mi Wuk Village CA

blythek@mac.com (Sudsol) blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com (my biz)
Blog:  http://www.StampingWithBlythe.com
SU! Web:  http://www.BlytheStamps.stampinup.net

On Feb 6, 2019, at 2:07 PM, SUDSOL [Beth Schreiber] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46450h17@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

teach57123@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Stampin%20Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: teach57123@yahoo.com

Bought it from amazon...made a mistake and got the 18”....wanted to get a 15” to easily handle our 12x12 DSP. 
https://www.amazon.com/CARL-Professional-Rotary-Paper-Trimmer/dp/B0006HV9N4/ref=asc_df_B0006HV9N4/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167157743978&hvpos=1o9&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11574622282359373450&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9005536&hvtargid=pla-310562481014&psc=1

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 6, 2019, at 4:03 PM, SUDSOL [Linda Pastva-Callahan] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46447h32@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

happyloyzo21@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Stampin Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: happyloyzo21@comcast.net

Hi!  Just wondering what model # of Carl cutter do you have and where did you get it??  I'm looking for a new guillotine cutter and the ones like our old Stampin' Up! branded one are not the same!!   (I've already returned one to Scrapbook.com).  Thanks for your help.

Linda Pastva-Callahan

Leechburg, PA

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@

Kathy Slamar

On Feb 6, 2019, at 8:30 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Rathmell] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n46434h13@.nabble > wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bdrathmell@

Barbara 

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 6, 2019, at 8:06 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n46432h4@n7.nabble.com > wrote: 

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stamperbabs@gmail.com

Hi Everyone, 

TIA 
Barbara 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Felece, please change the email address to: stamperbabs@gmail.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h86@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here. 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Rathmell, please change the email address to: bdrathmell@ 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46434.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h33@.nabble 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46443.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h10@.nabble 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here. 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Linda Pastva-Callahan, please change the email address to: happyloyzo21@comcast.net 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46447.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h49@n7.nabble.com 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Beth Schreiber, please change the email address to: teach57123@yahoo.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46450.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h41@n7.nabble.com 

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland
In reply to this post by donnab07

It is highly recommended by numerous professional papercrafting bloggers/you tubers who review products. 

On Feb 6, 2019, at 4:26 PM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46449h53@n7.nabble.comThis is interesting. SU! told us that the guillotine cutter was retired because the company that produced them wasn’t making them anymore. Keep us posted on the performance of the Tim Holtz one.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n46440h82@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n46440h82@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Carole Fineberg

I just watched the Tim Holtz Guillotine Trimmer video and it IS our old one, made by Tonic Studios.  I still have mine from 12-14 years ago and it still works positively great. I have never replaced anything.  When we stopped selling them, I looked on the bottom of mine and it shows Tonic Studios.  I went to the Tonic Studio website about a year ago and looked for it, could not find it.  I assumed they stopped manufacturing this amazing product.  But now it's on their site, with the Tim Holtz logo ABOVE Tonic Studios, so maybe he contracted with them to call it his own and they could no longer sell to SU?????  And it's much cheaper on the tonicstudios.com website than it is on Tim Holtz' site.  https://www.tonic-studios.com/collections/trimmers-guillotines.

This trimmer is tried and true. I've never had a lick of problems with it. I use it every single day, multiple times a day. If my house were burning, I'd grab this trimmer and my Big Shot and let the husband and kids get out on their own.  (That was a joke; my kids are grown and gone and I am a widow).  

Just sayin' this is a great paper cutter and I'm so glad to see it SOMEwhere.  

Carole Fineberg

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 6:45 PM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n46459h94@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Stampin+Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

It is highly recommended by numerous professional papercrafting bloggers/you tubers who review products. 

On Feb 6, 2019, at 4:26 PM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n46449h53@n7.nabble.comThis is interesting. SU! told us that the guillotine cutter was retired because the company that produced them wasn’t making them anymore. Keep us posted on the performance of the Tim Holtz one.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n46440h82@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n46440h82@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46459.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h39@n7.nabble.com

--
Carole Fineberg
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Reno, NV
775-622-9811
email:  cardsbycarole@aol.com

Although it may not always be wrapped in a bow, life is always a gift.
Carole Fineberg Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Reno, NV website/blog: http://CardmakingByCarole.com email: cardmakingbycarole@gmail.com Although it may not always be wrapped in a bow, life is always a gift.
Reply | Threaded
|

Kathy Slamar

I have heard all of good things about the Tim Holz trimmer, too.  I do’t have one.

I have a Carl DC220N and also got it from Amazon.  I had some problems with it a couple of months ago.  I called Carl Mfg.  They told me to send it to them and they would fix free of charge.  They are guaranteed
for the lifetime of the cutter.  My husband took it to them, since they are located near us.  They fixed it, and sent it back to me in 2 days.  I only use it when I’m cutting more than one sheet at a time.

Kathy Slamar

On Feb 7, 2019, at 2:22 AM, SUDSOL [Carole Fineberg] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46461h50@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

cardmakingbycarole@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Stampin%20Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cardmakingbycarole@gmail.com

I just watched the Tim Holtz Guillotine Trimmer video and it IS our old one, made by Tonic Studios. I still have mine from 12-14 years ago and it still works positively great. I have never replaced anything. When we stopped selling them, I looked on the bottom of mine and it shows Tonic Studios. I went to the Tonic Studio website about a year ago and looked for it, could not find it. I assumed they stopped manufacturing this amazing product. But now it's on their site, with the Tim Holtz logo ABOVE Tonic Studios, so maybe he contracted with them to call it his own and they could no longer sell to SU????? And it's much cheaper on the tonicstudios.com website than it is on Tim Holtz' site.  https://www.tonic-studios.com/collections/trimmers-guillotines.

This trimmer is tried and true. I've never had a lick of problems with it. I use it every single day, multiple times a day. If my house were burning, I'd grab this trimmer and my Big Shot and let the husband and kids get out on their own. (That was a joke; my kids are grown and gone and I am a widow).

Carole Fineberg

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 6:45 PM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n46459h94@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

On Feb 6, 2019, at 4:26 PM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n46449h53@n7.nabble.com> This is interesting. SU! told us that the guillotine cutter was retired because the company that produced them wasn’t making them anymore. Keep us posted on the performance of the Tim Holtz one.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n46440h82@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n46440h82@.nabble] 

Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 10:12 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Stampin Trimmer

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46459.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h39@n7.nabble.com 

-- 
Carole Fineberg
Reno, NV
775-622-9811

Carole Fineberg Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Reno, NV website/blog:  http://CardmakingByCarole.com email:  cardmakingbycarole@gmail.com Although it may not always be wrapped in a bow, life is always a gift.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Carole Fineberg, please change the email address to: cardmakingbycarole@gmail.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46461.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h33@n7.nabble.com 

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

That’s nice to know since I have one as well!

They told me to send it to them and they would fix free of charge.  They are guaranteed
for the lifetime of the cutter.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Feb 8, 2019, at 8:06 AM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46482h74@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

I have heard all of good things about the Tim Holz trimmer, too.  I do’t have one.

I have a Carl DC220N and also got it from Amazon.  I had some problems with it a couple of months ago.  I called Carl Mfg.  They told me to send it to them and they would fix free of charge.  They are guaranteed
for the lifetime of the cutter.  My husband took it to them, since they are located near us.  They fixed it, and sent it back to me in 2 days.  I only use it when I’m cutting more than one sheet at a time.

Kathy Slamar

On Feb 7, 2019, at 2:22 AM, SUDSOL [Carole Fineberg] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46461h50@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

cardmakingbycarole@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Stampin%20Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cardmakingbycarole@gmail.com

I just watched the Tim Holtz Guillotine Trimmer video and it IS our old one, made by Tonic Studios. I still have mine from 12-14 years ago and it still works positively great. I have never replaced anything. When we stopped selling them, I looked on the bottom of mine and it shows Tonic Studios. I went to the Tonic Studio website about a year ago and looked for it, could not find it. I assumed they stopped manufacturing this amazing product. But now it's on their site, with the Tim Holtz logo ABOVE Tonic Studios, so maybe he contracted with them to call it his own and they could no longer sell to SU????? And it's much cheaper on the tonicstudios.com website than it is on Tim Holtz' site.  https://www.tonic-studios.com/collections/trimmers-guillotines.

This trimmer is tried and true. I've never had a lick of problems with it. I use it every single day, multiple times a day. If my house were burning, I'd grab this trimmer and my Big Shot and let the husband and kids get out on their own. (That was a joke; my kids are grown and gone and I am a widow).

Carole Fineberg

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

On Feb 6, 2019, at 4:26 PM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n46449h53@n7.nabble.com> This is interesting. SU! told us that the guillotine cutter was retired because the company that produced them wasn’t making them anymore. Keep us posted on the performance of the Tim Holtz one.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n46440h82@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n46440h82@.nabble] 

Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 10:12 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Stampin Trimmer

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46459.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h39@n7.nabble.com 

-- 
Carole Fineberg
Reno, NV
775-622-9811

Carole Fineberg Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Reno, NV website/blog:  http://CardmakingByCarole.com email:  cardmakingbycarole@gmail.com Although it may not always be wrapped in a bow, life is always a gift.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Carole Fineberg, please change the email address to: cardmakingbycarole@gmail.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46461.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h33@n7.nabble.com 

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46482.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h6@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Elaine Lampropolos
In reply to this post by Barbara Rathmell

I just read Barb’s email below.  I have two questions: first, when all of you are talking about making sure the cutting pad is turned to the correct side, are you referring to the strip the cutting blade slides down to cut the cardstock?  If yes, how do you know which is the correct side?

This strip falls out of my trimmer and I just put it back in without noting which side is up or down?

Thanks in advance,

Elaine

From: ml+s1100894n46434h39@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n46434h39@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 9:30 AM
To: SUDSOL Group

Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 6, 2019, at 8:06 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46432h4@.nabble> wrote:

stamperbabs@?subject=Stampin Trimmer

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stamperbabs@

Hi Everyone,

TIA
Barbara

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Felece, please change the email address to: stamperbabs@

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h59@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Judi Carpenter

There are obvious differences between the sides of the strip, Barb (and everyone else).  Two sides have a groove; that's the side that has to be up in order to cut well.  The flat sides are for the "fancy" cutting wheels Stampin' Up! offered at first but doesn't any more.  So, to get good cuts, make sure your strip has a groove down the middle when you either replace it or it falls out and you put it back in.

Judi

Judi Carpenter, Decatur, IL
SUDSOL Gallery Coordinator
Haf2Stamp Team Leader
717 Crestline Drive, Decatur, IL 62526
217-875-0092    jcarpy02@aol.com (zero by 2)

In a message dated 2/16/2019 1:46:53 PM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n46638h75@.nabble writes:

stampinelaine@windstream.net?subject=RE: SU!: Stampin Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampinelaine@

I just read Barb’s email below.  I have two questions: first, when all of you are talking about making sure the cutting pad is turned to the correct side, are you referring to the strip the cutting blade slides down to cut the cardstock?  If yes, how do you know which is the correct side?

This strip falls out of my trimmer and I just put it back in without noting which side is up or down?

Thanks in advance,

Elaine

From: ml+s1100894n46434h39@.nabble [mailto: ml+s1100894n46434h39@.nabble ]

Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 6, 2019, at 8:06 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n46432h4@.nabble > wrote:

stamperbabs@ ?subject=Stampin Trimmer

Hi Everyone,

TIA
Barbara

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Elaine Lampropolos, please change the email address to: stampinelaine@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46638.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h71@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt

This may or not be helpful, but I put a glue on my strip to keep it from 
Falling out.  Can be easily removed, but saves from getting lost.  First
Be sure groove side is up.

Barbara Stitt

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 16, 2019, at 3:11 PM, SUDSOL [Judi Carpenter] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46639h55@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

jcarpy02@aol.com?subject=Re: SU!: Stampin Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jcarpy02@aol.com

There are obvious differences between the sides of the strip, Barb (and everyone else).  Two sides have a groove; that's the side that has to be up in order to cut well.  The flat sides are for the "fancy" cutting wheels Stampin' Up! offered at first but doesn't any more.  So, to get good cuts, make sure your strip has a groove down the middle when you either replace it or it falls out and you put it back in.

Judi

Judi Carpenter, Decatur, IL
SUDSOL Gallery Coordinator
Haf2Stamp Team Leader
717 Crestline Drive, Decatur, IL 62526
217-875-0092    jcarpy02@aol.com (zero by 2)

In a message dated 2/16/2019 1:46:53 PM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n46638h75@.nabble writes:

stampinelaine@windstream.net?subject=RE: SU!: Stampin Trimmer
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampinelaine@

Thanks in advance,

Elaine

From: ml+s1100894n46434h39@.nabble [mailto: ml+s1100894n46434h39@.nabble ]

Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

stamperbabs@ ?subject=Stampin Trimmer

Hi Everyone,

TIA
Barbara

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Elaine Lampropolos, please change the email address to: stampinelaine@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46638.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h71@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Judi Carpenter, please change the email address to: jcarpy02@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stampin-Trimmer-tp46432p46639.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h20@n7.nabble.com