classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
31 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Stamparatus Question

Nola Burkhard
I KNOW - I'm way behind!
I am guessing this tool makes the Stamp-Ma-Jig obsoulte (SP?). Seems that it would do exactly or almost exactly what that tool did for us, plus a whole lot more.

Also, I live in a very dry climate (AZ!) and have found that I there are lots of times I have to put a bit of adhesive on my clear blocks when stamping to make the stamp stay on the block.  Those of you that have this tool, have you ever had to do this with the plates?

I am not SOLD on it yet - $50 is quite a bit for me to spend, but I am beginning to see the advantages of getting it.

Thanks, Nola
Inkonmypaws, neverenoughtimeonmyhands!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Stamparatus Question

SchroderL

Nola

It doesnt really make the Stampamajig obsolete as you'd still use this for lining up wood mount stamps.  It's designed to use with the clear mount and photopolymer.  If you watch the video's and Sara's presentation from On Stage you'll see the benefits of the Stamparatus :) 

Leonie Schroder
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator 
~Gold Elite~

Mobile 0407 282 241
Home (02) 4628 2462

Shop Online 24/7
Check out my Events
Visit the Blog for new projects
Be a Happy Stamper & Join my Team
Pay $169 for $235 in products &
get 20% off on all future orders!

On 20/11/2017 10:00:25 AM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39373h28@.nabble> wrote:

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Stamparatus Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@

I KNOW - I'm way behind!
I am guessing this tool makes the Stamp-Ma-Jig obsoulte (SP?). Seems that it would do exactly or almost exactly what that tool did for us, plus a whole lot more.

Also, I live in a very dry climate (AZ!) and have found that I there are lots of times I have to put a bit of adhesive on my clear blocks when stamping to make the stamp stay on the block.  Those of you that have this tool, have you ever had to do this with the plates?

I am not SOLD on it yet - $50 is quite a bit for me to spend, but I am beginning to see the advantages of getting it.

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h39@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

mudmaven
In reply to this post by Nola Burkhard

If you have senior customers or any that are "horizontally challenged," this tool will make stamping fun for them again.  The clear mount stamps can be stamped without any of those "shadows" from the edges of the rubber that make my ladies fume and ask for more paper.  The Stamparatus is much more versatile than the others currently on the market and I think the $$ are so very worth it when my ladies are having fun instead of being frustrated.

~chris
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. - Douglas Adams

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 3:59 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39373h48@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Stamparatus+Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Also, I live in a very dry climate (AZ!) and have found that I there are lots of times I have to put a bit of adhesive on my clear blocks when stamping to make the stamp stay on the block.  Those of you that have this tool, have you ever had to do this with the plates?

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h59@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Carol Hodson

Posted the following on FB earlier ago this afternoon:

OK ... since I won't be getting a Stamparatus (well maybe) for quite some time, decided to get a Misti to see what all the hype was about!  I have to say that it definitely is NOT for me and I really prefer a stampamajig to accurately position layered stamps! What can you put onto photopolymer stamps so they stamp so they  don't stick to the paper fast moving it where you have to start all over again?! Another question, what do you use to clean the ink off the stamps before lifting them off of the acrylic top? The only thing I could think of using is a baby wipe. Don't know if I'll ever get used to using it but I guess only time will tell. Is the Stamparatus any different?  I know it has to acrylic plates on it and you can move it up-and-down besides but don't you still have to use a larger piece of paper and then cut it down to size? For all the preparations that I do getting everything ready for my classes, this won't work as I cut everything down to the exact size that it is needed in the cards! If anyone has any suggestions, I look forward to hearing them but right now it's a definite that I won't be getting it.

Really hope Stampin’ Up! never gets rid of the Stampamajig as an accessory but will still use it even if they do!

Don't put the stickers on your clear mount & they will stick better. Also wash them in warm sudsy water once in awhile yo keep them clean & “tacky”.  

Carol Hodson
Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

On Nov 19, 2017, at 2:59 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39373h97@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h8@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Stamparatus Question

Cindy McCool

SU’s “clear” red rubber cling stamps do not cling well to the MISTI if you put the labels on them. I  used to put a bit of adhesive on my SU red rubber cling stamps so I could get good cling, but got tired of always having to prep them before I could confidentially with clear blocks. So now I don’t put the labels on them and can use them right away (but I really prefer the labels). So, bottom line, they act the same on my  MISTI so I’m thinking they will they will act the same on the new Stamparatus (although I’ve not seen it hands on yet). I honestly cannot understand why SU hasn’t figured out this cling issue with their labels as plenty of other manufactures have red rubber cling options that actually cling. Maybe they are working on it.

As far as the apparatus I really, really want it because it will work well with 2 step stamps where you won’t have to reposition your paper between steps. I’ve had great success by owning 2 MISTI’s for these 2 step stamps but you still have to line it up and move between fixtures which increases the error factor.

The Stamp-a-ma-jig was a good start on a stamp positioner but the Stamparatus is so much more improved. Once you get your hands on a fixture like this you will wonder how you ever made quality cards before. As others have mentioned, you get clear, crisp images and no shadow of the edge of the rubber because you don’t have to press that hard as you can go over & over as many times as you want to get good cover. In my opinion, it is well worth the money. Now, if I can only figure out how to reserve one before the RSVP options close out I’ll be set. I was late to the last RSVP party and it was sold out almost immediately. On 12/5 I’m supposed to be at a holiday fund raiser and can’t imagine doing the RSVP on my phone. Yikes, a challenge.

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Visit my website to shop on line: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/cindysprojects/

Visit https://mypaperpumpkin.com?demoid=2070178 to join!

From: ml+s1100894n39373h10@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n39373h10@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2017 3:00 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Stamparatus Question

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Stamparatus%20Question

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h21@n7.nabble.com

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard
In reply to this post by SchroderL

I watched Carlie’s Viedo.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 19, 2017, at 4:07 PM, SUDSOL [SchroderL] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39374h70@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

leonie@stamp-a-latte.com?subject=Re: SU!: Stamparatus Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: leonie@stamp-a-latte.com

Nola

It doesnt really make the Stampamajig obsolete as you'd still use this for lining up wood mount stamps.  It's designed to use with the clear mount and photopolymer.  If you watch the video's and Sara's presentation from On Stage you'll see the benefits of the Stamparatus :) 

Leonie Schroder
~Gold Elite~

Mobile 0407 282 241
Home (02) 4628 2462

Shop Online 24/7
Check out my Events
Visit the Blog for new projects
Be a Happy Stamper & Join my Team
Pay $169 for $235 in products &
get 20% off on all future orders!

On 20/11/2017 10:00:25 AM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39373h28@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h39@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to SchroderL, please change the email address to: leonie@stamp-a-latte.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39374.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h50@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Sara Levin
In reply to this post by Carol Hodson

Carol ~

Just answering a couple of points/questions you had.  You can definitely cut the paper down to size to use it in the Stamparatus. The magnets included with it are used to hold the paper in place.  I cover my cardstock with a piece of window sheet while figuring out my stamp placement.  One, it will keep a photopolymer stamp from sticking to the cardstock.  Two and more important to me, I can trial stamp it on the window sheet with my cardstock underneath and see how it will look:  is it in the right place; is it straight, etc.  I clean my stamps with a wipe, shammie, damp paper towel -- whatever works while I'm in process.  But! with the removable hinged plates, I can use stamp cleaner and a scrub mat.  My personal opinion is that this does not replace blocks for most stamping.  But, it's perfect for adding that sentiment to a card front (when the rest of the card is finished) with no worries that it won't be perfect.  It's also perfect for intensifying a color through multiple inkings or getting a perfect stamped image from that large image or a troublesome stamp.  Then there's two or more step stamping, mass production, special techniques.  Those with a hand tremor or little strength will find it brings joy into their stamping.  It's not for everyone or every kind of stamping but...it's still pretty awesome.

Sara

PS:  Yes, I'm sold on it.

Sara Levin
theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)
The Artful Inker (Google+)

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 6:32 PM, SUDSOL [Carol Hodson] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39376h48@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
KlondikeSuzie@aol.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Stamparatus+Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: KlondikeSuzie@aol.com

OK ... since I won't be getting a Stamparatus (well maybe) for quite some time, decided to get a Misti to see what all the hype was about!  I have to say that it definitely is NOT for me and I really prefer a stampamajig to accurately position layered stamps! What can you put onto photopolymer stamps so they stamp so they  don't stick to the paper fast moving it where you have to start all over again?! Another question, what do you use to clean the ink off the stamps before lifting them off of the acrylic top? The only thing I could think of using is a baby wipe. Don't know if I'll ever get used to using it but I guess only time will tell. Is the Stamparatus any different?  I know it has to acrylic plates on it and you can move it up-and-down besides but don't you still have to use a larger piece of paper and then cut it down to size? For all the preparations that I do getting everything ready for my classes, this won't work as I cut everything down to the exact size that it is needed in the cards! If anyone has any suggestions, I look forward to hearing them but right now it's a definite that I won't be getting it.

Really hope Stampin’ Up! never gets rid of the Stampamajig as an accessory but will still use it even if they do!

Don't put the stickers on your clear mount & they will stick better. Also wash them in warm sudsy water once in awhile yo keep them clean & “tacky”.  

Carol Hodson
Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

On Nov 19, 2017, at 2:59 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n39373h97@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Nolaburkhard@...?subject=Stamparatus Question

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Also, I live in a very dry climate (AZ!) and have found that I there are lots of times I have to put a bit of adhesive on my clear blocks when stamping to make the stamp stay on the block.  Those of you that have this tool, have you ever had to do this with the plates?

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h8@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Carol Hodson, please change the email address to: KlondikeSuzie@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39376.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h66@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

I agree!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

On Nov 20, 2017, at 10:41 AM, SUDSOL [Sara Levin] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39379h81@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

TheArtfulInker@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Stamparatus Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com

Carol ~

Just answering a couple of points/questions you had. You can definitely cut the paper down to size to use it in the Stamparatus. The magnets included with it are used to hold the paper in place. I cover my cardstock with a piece of window sheet while figuring out my stamp placement. One, it will keep a photopolymer stamp from sticking to the cardstock. Two and more important to me, I can trial stamp it on the window sheet with my cardstock underneath and see how it will look: is it in the right place; is it straight, etc. I clean my stamps with a wipe, shammie, damp paper towel -- whatever works while I'm in process. But! with the removable hinged plates, I can use stamp cleaner and a scrub mat. My personal opinion is that this does not replace blocks for most stamping. But, it's perfect for adding that sentiment to a card front (when the rest of the card is finished) with no worries that it won't be perfect. It's also perfect for intensifying a color through multiple inkings or getting a perfect stamped image from that large image or a troublesome stamp. Then there's two or more step stamping, mass production, special techniques. Those with a hand tremor or little strength will find it brings joy into their stamping. It's not for everyone or every kind of stamping but...it's still pretty awesome.

Sara

PS: Yes, I'm sold on it.

Sara Levin

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 6:32 PM, SUDSOL [Carol Hodson] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39376h48@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: KlondikeSuzie@aol.com

OK ... since I won't be getting a Stamparatus (well maybe) for quite some time, decided to get a Misti to see what all the hype was about! I have to say that it definitely is NOT for me and I really prefer a stampamajig to accurately position layered stamps! What can you put onto photopolymer stamps so they stamp so they don't stick to the paper fast moving it where you have to start all over again?! Another question, what do you use to clean the ink off the stamps before lifting them off of the acrylic top? The only thing I could think of using is a baby wipe. Don't know if I'll ever get used to using it but I guess only time will tell. Is the Stamparatus any different? I know it has to acrylic plates on it and you can move it up-and-down besides but don't you still have to use a larger piece of paper and then cut it down to size? For all the preparations that I do getting everything ready for my classes, this won't work as I cut everything down to the exact size that it is needed in the cards! If anyone has any suggestions, I look forward to hearing them but right now it's a definite that I won't be getting it.

Carol Hodson
Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

On Nov 19, 2017, at 2:59 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n39373h97@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Also, I live in a very dry climate (AZ!) and have found that I there are lots of times I have to put a bit of adhesive on my clear blocks when stamping to make the stamp stay on the block. Those of you that have this tool, have you ever had to do this with the plates?

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h8@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Carol Hodson, please change the email address to: KlondikeSuzie@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39376.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h66@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39379.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h6@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Robin Messenheimer

Right now I have 4 MISTIs, 2 regular and 2 minis. I use them all the time, and usually run 2 or more at the same time if I'm doing multiple steps for multiple cards (card set gifts, swaps, etc.) I'm particularly thrilled with being able to use one tool rather than multiples. 

When using photopolymer stamps for the first time, I use scrap paper and stamp several times. Then I clean the stamps and they seem to work better. I definitely rely on my magnets to keep my cardstock in place. I also always place the cardstock in a corner in case it gets moved. I can put it back in exactly the right place.

I don't put labels on my rubber stamps.

I've only ever used my MISTI in a class for a customer with an essential tremor. She's thrilled to be able to stamp. I can hardly wait to let my other customers use them when I tell them about the Stamparatus.  Can't wait until whenever I get my hands on one.

Robin

On Nov 19, 2017, at 3:26 PM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39380h49@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Stamparatus Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@gmail.com

I agree!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

On Nov 20, 2017, at 10:41 AM, SUDSOL [Sara Levin] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39379h81@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com

Carol ~

Just answering a couple of points/questions you had. You can definitely cut the paper down to size to use it in the Stamparatus. The magnets included with it are used to hold the paper in place. I cover my cardstock with a piece of window sheet while figuring out my stamp placement. One, it will keep a photopolymer stamp from sticking to the cardstock. Two and more important to me, I can trial stamp it on the window sheet with my cardstock underneath and see how it will look: is it in the right place; is it straight, etc. I clean my stamps with a wipe, shammie, damp paper towel -- whatever works while I'm in process. But! with the removable hinged plates, I can use stamp cleaner and a scrub mat. My personal opinion is that this does not replace blocks for most stamping. But, it's perfect for adding that sentiment to a card front (when the rest of the card is finished) with no worries that it won't be perfect. It's also perfect for intensifying a color through multiple inkings or getting a perfect stamped image from that large image or a troublesome stamp. Then there's two or more step stamping, mass production, special techniques. Those with a hand tremor or little strength will find it brings joy into their stamping. It's not for everyone or every kind of stamping but...it's still pretty awesome.

Sara

Sara Levin

OK ... since I won't be getting a Stamparatus (well maybe) for quite some time, decided to get a Misti to see what all the hype was about! I have to say that it definitely is NOT for me and I really prefer a stampamajig to accurately position layered stamps! What can you put onto photopolymer stamps so they stamp so they don't stick to the paper fast moving it where you have to start all over again?! Another question, what do you use to clean the ink off the stamps before lifting them off of the acrylic top? The only thing I could think of using is a baby wipe. Don't know if I'll ever get used to using it but I guess only time will tell. Is the Stamparatus any different? I know it has to acrylic plates on it and you can move it up-and-down besides but don't you still have to use a larger piece of paper and then cut it down to size? For all the preparations that I do getting everything ready for my classes, this won't work as I cut everything down to the exact size that it is needed in the cards! If anyone has any suggestions, I look forward to hearing them but right now it's a definite that I won't be getting it.

Carol Hodson
Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Also, I live in a very dry climate (AZ!) and have found that I there are lots of times I have to put a bit of adhesive on my clear blocks when stamping to make the stamp stay on the block. Those of you that have this tool, have you ever had to do this with the plates?

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39379.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39380.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h43@n7.nabble.com
Robin Messenheimer Pahoa, Hawaii http://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

I also position my cardstock in the corner for easy repositioning in the event it shifts.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

On Nov 20, 2017, at 12:54 PM, SUDSOL [Robin Messenheimer] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39382h74@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

rmessenheimer@earthlink.net?subject=Re: SU!: Stamparatus Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net

Right now I have 4 MISTIs, 2 regular and 2 minis. I use them all the time, and usually run 2 or more at the same time if I'm doing multiple steps for multiple cards (card set gifts, swaps, etc.) I'm particularly thrilled with being able to use one tool rather than multiples. 

When using photopolymer stamps for the first time, I use scrap paper and stamp several times. Then I clean the stamps and they seem to work better. I definitely rely on my magnets to keep my cardstock in place. I also always place the cardstock in a corner in case it gets moved. I can put it back in exactly the right place.

I've only ever used my MISTI in a class for a customer with an essential tremor. She's thrilled to be able to stamp. I can hardly wait to let my other customers use them when I tell them about the Stamparatus.  Can't wait until whenever I get my hands on one.

Robin

On Nov 19, 2017, at 3:26 PM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39380h49@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@gmail.com

I agree!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Carol ~

Sara

Sara Levin

Carol Hodson
Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39380.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h43@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39382.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Carol Hodson

Well, I gave my MISTI another try today but came to the same conclusion that I do NOT like it and still will not be buying the Stamparatus! Even though I position the paper in the corner of the baseplate, when the paper moves when lifting off the acrylic pad, I was unable to put the paper exactly where it was before and the MISTI stamped the wrong spot.  I am tired of wasting paper and will be going back to using my stampamajig! I really think I can do the same job by visually lining it up usually myself so why change what has worked for years?!
#thestampamajigisntjustforwoodenstamps

On November 19, 2017, at 10:38 PM, "SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n39388h62@.nabble> wrote:

I also position my cardstock in the corner for easy repositioning in the event it shifts.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

On Nov 20, 2017, at 12:54 PM, SUDSOL [Robin Messenheimer] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39382h74@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net

Robin

I agree!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Carol ~

Sara

Sara Levin

Carol Hodson
Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39382.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39388.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

Well this sure makes me think twice about ordering it!!!

On Nov 20, 2017, at 5:15 PM, SUDSOL [Carol Hodson] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39401h7@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

KlondikeSuzie@aol.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Stamparatus%20Question

Well, I gave my MISTI another try today but came to the same conclusion that I do NOT like it and still will not be buying the Stamparatus! Even though I position the paper in the corner of the baseplate, when the paper moves when lifting off the acrylic pad, I was unable to put the paper exactly where it was before and the MISTI stamped the wrong spot.  I am tired of wasting paper and will be going back to using my stampamajig! I really think I can do the same job by visually lining it up usually myself so why change what has worked for years?!

On November 19, 2017, at 10:38 PM, "SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n39388h62@.nabble> wrote:

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Robin

I agree!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Carol ~

Sara

Sara Levin

Carol Hodson
Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Thanks, Nola

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39388.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39401.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h50@n7.nabble.com

Nola J. Burkhard
Prescott, AZ
978-846-2046
nolaburkhard@icloud.com
Etsy shop: Inkonmypaws

Reply | Threaded
|

Sara Levin

Not to change anyone's mind.  But, you do have to use magnets with the platform to hold the paper in place.   I applaud your expertise with the stamp a ma jig!  That's a tool I have not mastered.

Sara

Sara Levin
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 7:15 PM, SUDSOL [Carol Hodson] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39401h23@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Stampinmia@...?subject=Re: SU!: Stamparatus Question

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

I've only ever used my MISTI in a class for a customer with an essential tremor. She's thrilled to be able to stamp. I can hardly wait to let my other customers use them when I tell them about the Stamparatus.  Can't wait until whenever I get my hands on one.

Robin

I agree!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Carol ~

Sara

Sara Levin
theartfulinker.com
(blog)

Carol Hodson
Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Thanks, Nola

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39401.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

One of my downline members has this same issue, but I do not. Could it have to do with where you are placing the magnets? I’ve found if I place them on the edge of the cardstock that is away from the hinge then I don’t have a problem. Another option would be to add another magnet.

That said, everyone has their favorites! 😊

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

On Nov 21, 2017, at 10:15 AM, SUDSOL [Carol Hodson] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39401h63@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

KlondikeSuzie@aol.com?subject=Re: SU!: Stamparatus Question

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Robin

I agree!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Carol ~

Sara

Sara Levin

Carol Hodson
Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Thanks, Nola

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Stamparatus Question

donnab07

I have used the SAMJ for many years, sometimes with success and sometimes not.  You are fortunate and very skilled to get excellent results every time and I’m glad the tool works for you.

I have never had the issues you mention with the MISTI, mainly because of the magnets.  The Stamaparatus magnets are oblong, not round, which gives it more surface to hold your paper in place.  That said, I have never had a problem with paper moving with my MISTI.

If you have customers,  buying a Stamparatus  and letting them use it will sell them on this amazing tool.  By using my MISTI to illustrate how the Stamparatus works I already have customers who are ready to buy it when they can.  Yay!

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n39401h73@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n39401h73@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2017 4:16 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Stamparatus Question

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Robin

I agree!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Carol ~

Sara

Sara Levin

theartfulinker.com
(blog)

Carol Hodson

Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h16@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Robin Messenheimer
In reply to this post by Sara Levin

Yes, you do have to use the magnets. I introduced two people to the MISTI today (with the message that Stampin’ Up!’s is better and less expensive) and had to show how to use the magnets AND place the paper in a corner spot. The MISTI has some additions as far as corner spots go, and I have those. But I won’t be demonstrating them as I don’t think SU!’s will have them. Won’t need them, actually.

One customer overcleaned her stamp (is that possible?) and it did stick to the cardstock and pull it up. But I showed her how to replace it into the same corner spot and everything worked out perfectly. What she was doing was restamping where the ink hadn’t completely covered the image. They are now so ready for the Stamparatus!

I’ve been using the MISTIs since they came out and, as with many products, there is a learning curve. But it’s so worth it!

Robin

Robin Messenheimer

Pahoa, Hawai'i

http://robinscraftroom.com

From: ml+s1100894n39403h62@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n39403h62@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2017 2:27 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <rmessenheimer@>

TheArtfulInker@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Stamparatus%20Question

Not to change anyone's mind. But, you do have to use magnets with the platform to hold the paper in place. I applaud your expertise with the stamp a ma jig! That's a tool I have not mastered.

Sara

Sara Levin

theartfulinker.com
(blog)

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 7:15 PM, SUDSOL [Carol Hodson] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39401h23@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Well, I gave my MISTI another try today but came to the same conclusion that I do NOT like it and still will not be buying the Stamparatus! Even though I position the paper in the corner of the baseplate, when the paper moves when lifting off the acrylic pad, I was unable to put the paper exactly where it was before and the MISTI stamped the wrong spot. I am tired of wasting paper and will be going back to using my stampamajig! I really think I can do the same job by visually lining it up usually myself so why change what has worked for years?!

Stampinmia@...?subject=Re: SU!: Stamparatus Question

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

I've only ever used my MISTI in a class for a customer with an essential tremor. She's thrilled to be able to stamp. I can hardly wait to let my other customers use them when I tell them about the Stamparatus. Can't wait until whenever I get my hands on one.

Robin

I agree!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Carol ~

Sara

Sara Levin

theartfulinker.com
(blog)

Carol Hodson

Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Thanks, Nola

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39403.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Robin Messenheimer
In reply to this post by donnab07

Right on, Donna!

Robin Messenheimer

Pahoa, Hawai'i

From: ml+s1100894n39405h24@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n39405h24@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2017 2:51 PM

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Stamparatus%20Question

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

I have used the SAMJ for many years, sometimes with success and sometimes not. You are fortunate and very skilled to get excellent results every time and I’m glad the tool works for you.

I have never had the issues you mention with the MISTI, mainly because of the magnets. The Stamaparatus magnets are oblong, not round, which gives it more surface to hold your paper in place. That said, I have never had a problem with paper moving with my MISTI.

If you have customers, buying a Stamparatus and letting them use it will sell them on this amazing tool. By using my MISTI to illustrate how the Stamparatus works I already have customers who are ready to buy it when they can. Yay!

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n39401h73@.nabble [ml+s1100894n39401h73@.nabble]

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Robin

I agree!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Carol ~

Sara

Sara Levin

theartfulinker.com
(blog)

Carol Hodson

Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Thanks, Nola

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h16@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39405.html

Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07

J

Donna

From: ml+s1100894n39409h21@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n39409h21@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2017 11:49 PM

rmessenheimer@earthlink.net?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Stamparatus%20Question

Right on, Donna!

Robin Messenheimer

Pahoa, Hawai'i

From: ml+s1100894n39405h24@.nabble [ml+s1100894n39405h24@.nabble]

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

I have used the SAMJ for many years, sometimes with success and sometimes not. You are fortunate and very skilled to get excellent results every time and I’m glad the tool works for you.

I have never had the issues you mention with the MISTI, mainly because of the magnets. The Stamaparatus magnets are oblong, not round, which gives it more surface to hold your paper in place. That said, I have never had a problem with paper moving with my MISTI.

If you have customers, buying a Stamparatus and letting them use it will sell them on this amazing tool. By using my MISTI to illustrate how the Stamparatus works I already have customers who are ready to buy it when they can. Yay!

Donna Bagwell

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Robin

I agree!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Carol ~

Sara

Sara Levin

theartfulinker.com
(blog)

Carol Hodson

Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Thanks, Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39405.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39409.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Carol Hodson

This morning's update. Got my very first good impression but the stamp still lifted the paper EVEN WHEN USING THE MAGNETS so was wondering if anyone has purchased additional ones to use with the MISTI? If you have, where did you purchase them? I would really like to get oblong ones because then the cardstock will be held down more securely.

Carol Hodson
Pacific Northwest

On November 21, 2017, at 9:09 AM, "SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n39413h37@.nabble> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: SU!: Stamparatus Question

J

Donna

Right on, Donna!

Robin Messenheimer

Pahoa, Hawai'i

Donna Bagwell

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Robin

I agree!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Carol ~

Sara

Sara Levin

Carol Hodson

Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Thanks, Nola

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39409.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39413.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Robin Messenheimer
In reply to this post by donnab07

There are angle and bracket forms called Creative Corners. They allow me to do things such as line stamps up in the middle of the MISTI, stamp at angles and restamp at the same angle, and position paper for larger stamps. I mostly use the lining up part.

Iliana has a video on them. https://youtu.be/jXJcEuz1lCU

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 21, 2017, at 07:09, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n39413h72@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: SU!: Stamparatus Question

J

Donna

Right on, Donna!

Robin Messenheimer

Pahoa, Hawai'i

Donna Bagwell

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Robin

I agree!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Carol ~

Sara

Sara Levin

Carol Hodson

Washington State

Sent from my iPhone 📱

I KNOW - I'm way behind!

Thanks, Nola

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Stamparatus-Question-tp39373p39413.html