Spritzing with Shimmer Paint

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Spritzing with Shimmer Paint

Connie
I want to spritz shimmer paint on a card but I'm not sure how best to do it. Are you mixing it with rubbing alcohol? If so, roughly what proportions?

Thanks for the help, you crafty people!
Connie
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Spritzing with Shimmer Paint

Sara Levin

Yes, alcohol as it evaporates nicely.  As to proportion, that's up to you.  If you want a sheer shimmer, more alcohol less shimmer paint.  You want opaque shimmer, more shimmer paint and less alcohol.  Start with a couple of drops of shimmer paint and a little alcohol.  Spritz and see if that's what you want.  If not add more alcohol or more paint depending on whether you want the final spritz to be sheer or opaque.

Sara
Sara Levin

Get the October  Stamping Sunday Tutorial Bundle FREE with $40 purchase or $10 here

Stampin Glam Squad Don't Forget the Flowers Bundle FREE with $50 purchase
Get both tutorial bundles FREE with a $65 purchase
theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)
The Artful Inker (Google+)

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 5:28 PM SUDSOL [Connie] via Creative Idea Shares <ml%2Bs1100894n44646h18@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
greatstamping@gmail.com?subject=Spritzing+with+Shimmer+Paint
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: greatstamping@gmail.com

I want to spritz shimmer paint on a card but I'm not sure how best to do it. Are you mixing it with rubbing alcohol? If so, roughly what proportions?

Connie

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Connie, please change the email address to: greatstamping@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Spritzing-with-Shimmer-Paint-tp44646.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml%2Bs1100894n2h54@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson
In reply to this post by Connie

I have done it a lot. Fill a Stampin' Spritzer about 2/3 full then add a couple of drops of Shimmer Paint and shake well, spray. You can also add a few drops of reinker for a great effect too

On Wed, 3 Oct 2018 at 07:28, SUDSOL [Connie] via Creative Idea Shares <ml%2Bs1100894n44646h3@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
greatstamping@gmail.com?subject=Spritzing+with+Shimmer+Paint
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: greatstamping@gmail.com

Connie

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Connie, please change the email address to: greatstamping@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Spritzing-with-Shimmer-Paint-tp44646.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml%2Bs1100894n2h39@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.

--
Reply | Threaded
|

GrammyKaren
In reply to this post by Connie

I use rubbing alcohol in our spritzer.  Fill the spritzer 2/3rds and add 10 to 12 drops of shimmer paint.  I also spritz on brown paper and after a while it's pretty enough to stamp on especially fall colors.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: "SUDSOL [Connie] via Creative Idea Shares" <ml+s1100894n44646h55@.nabble>
Date: 10/2/18 5:28 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: SUDSOL Group <grammyKaren51@>
Subject: SU!: Spritzing with Shimmer Paint

greatstamping@gmail.com?subject=Spritzing with Shimmer Paint
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: greatstamping@

Connie

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h91@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.