Spinner cards

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Spinner cards

Sandi Hartka
This is the first time I've tried a spinner card (image suspended on a clear thread in the middle of the card)--I find that if I "set" the butterfly (twist it) and close the card then open it--it works great. If I "set" the butterfly and leave it for any amount of time--say an hour---it doesn't spin when you open it--any ideas what i'm doing wrong? I've anchored the thread and it's staying taut--why does the 'spin' go away--it may twist once but doesn't spin like it should. Suggestions or what am I doing wrong?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Spinner cards

Sue Erickson

How are you attaching the thread to the card? Is there a chance that although the thread is taught, it can twist underneath the scotch tape to unwind? I’m sure the butterfly itself is not twisting inside the closed card. Maybe secure it with a drop of glue would help.
Sue

On Feb 20, 2021, at 5:36 PM, SUDSOL [Sandi Hartka] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n57568h86@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

sandihartka@yahoo.com?subject=Spinner%20cards
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sandihartka@yahoo.com

This is the first time I've tried a spinner card (image suspended on a clear thread in the middle of the card)--I find that if I "set" the butterfly (twist it) and close the card then open it--it works great. If I "set" the butterfly and leave it for any amount of time--say an hour---it doesn't spin when you open it--any ideas what i'm doing wrong? I've anchored the thread and it's staying taut--why does the 'spin' go away--it may twist once but doesn't spin like it should. Suggestions or what am I doing wrong?

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sandi Hartka, please change the email address to: sandihartka@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Spinner-cards-tp57568.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, ml+s1100894n2h40@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Spinner cards

Sandi Hartka

I'm taping the thread with scotch tape, pulling the thread down over that tape (so coming backward over the tape) and re-taping. I'm thinking that the threadh shouldn't be able to untwist but I could be wrong. I'm going to try the glue between the butterflies--to make susre the thread isn't untwisting within the butterfly...maybe that's it.
Thank you

On Saturday, February 20, 2021, 08:55:12 PM EST, SUDSOL [Sue Erickson] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n57569h20@.nabble> wrote:

sue@soggystamper.com?subject=Re: SU!: Spinner cards
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sue@

How are you attaching the thread to the card? Is there a chance that although the thread is taught, it can twist underneath the scotch tape to unwind? I’m sure the butterfly itself is not twisting inside the closed card. Maybe secure it with a drop of glue would help.
Sue

On Feb 20, 2021, at 5:36 PM, SUDSOL [Sandi Hartka] via Creative Idea Shares < ml+s1100894n57568h86@.nabble > wrote:

sandihartka@?subject=Spinner%20cards
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sandihartka@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sandi Hartka, please change the email address to: sandihartka@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Spinner-cards-tp57568.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, ml+s1100894n2h40@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Erickson, please change the email address to: sue@soggystamper.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Spinner-cards-tp57568p57569.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h43@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Spinner cards, click here.