classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Spanish Language

Jennie Dietrich
Question...

Many moons ago, SU had a campaign to send those of us in the south a catalog which included Spanish language stamp sets that we could sell to our Spanish speaking clients.  Over the weekend I picked up a customer in San Antonio who has a lot of family in Puerto Rico.  If she makes cards for them she wants to make them with Spanish words and not English.

Do we still sell stamp sets in Spanish?  Since I can't find them on line or in the catalog is this going to be one of those special cases where I have to find a demonstrator in another location to share her with?  I know we sell German language stamps since I see them on Instagram all the time, but we can't purchase those here in the US.  

Any help or ideas?  Demonstrator Support has not answered the question I sent them on Saturday when I met her for the first time.  The great news is that she is also thinking about signing up, but she needs to know that there are Spanish language stamps before she decides if she is going to be a demo, since many of her clients would eventually be in Puerto Rico.

Jennie Dietrich
Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator
http://www.pfunstampin.stampinup.net
pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
Mom
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Spanish Language

Sara Levin

Jennie ~

We do not currently sell stamps in Spanish.  While we did, there was not enough success in pushing out into the Spanish language market.

Sara Levin

Get the Stamping Sunday Tutorial Bundle FREE with $40 purchase or purchase it HERE

theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)
The Artful Inker (Google+)

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 4:37 PM SUDSOL [Jennie Dietrich] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n46536h8@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net?subject=Spanish+Language
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net

Question...

Many moons ago, SU had a campaign to send those of us in the south a catalog which included Spanish language stamp sets that we could sell to our Spanish speaking clients.  Over the weekend I picked up a customer in San Antonio who has a lot of family in Puerto Rico.  If she makes cards for them she wants to make them with Spanish words and not English.

Do we still sell stamp sets in Spanish?  Since I can't find them on line or in the catalog is this going to be one of those special cases where I have to find a demonstrator in another location to share her with?  I know we sell German language stamps since I see them on Instagram all the time, but we can't purchase those here in the US.  

Any help or ideas?  Demonstrator Support has not answered the question I sent them on Saturday when I met her for the first time.  The great news is that she is also thinking about signing up, but she needs to know that there are Spanish language stamps before she decides if she is going to be a demo, since many of her clients would eventually be in Puerto Rico.

Jennie Dietrich
Mom

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jennie Dietrich, please change the email address to: pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Spanish-Language-tp46536.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h66@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Spanish Language

Cathy Hansen
In reply to this post by Jennie Dietrich

This has been a source of frustration to me for many years.  I am in Denver, CO, and although I do not speak Spanish, I have several friends . . . and they have friends . . . who do.  It was of major concern to me when Stampin’ Up! elected to drop Spanish stamps from their product line.  I contacted Demo Support at the time to express my frustration and was told that it was too costly to offer stamps in three different languages in North America, and as a result, the decision had been made to drop Spanish in favor of French (to accommodate French Canadian stampers). 

One of my downline was frustrated over the fact that at one time she had been able to purchase stamps in German for her German-speaking friends; that option disappeared long ago as well.  And because of international trade laws (or perhaps the Stampin’ Up! international contract – not exactly sure), we as residents of the United States cannot purchase stamps from Germany.  So unless you know someone in Germany who can purchase and ship stamps to you, these stamps are also no longer available to us.

Sorry for venting, but this message stirred up the topic – and my feelings about it – one more time.

Cathy Hansen

Stampin’ Up! Independent Demonstrator

720-255-7730

cihansen04@hotmail.com

http://cathyhansen.stampinup.net (shop my online store 24/7)

http://cathyscraftroom.blogspot.com (ideas, instructions & more)

From: ml+s1100894n46536h19@.nabble <ml+s1100894n46536h19@.nabble>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 2:38 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <cihansen04@>
Subject: SU!: Spanish Language

pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net?subject=Spanish%20Language

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net

Question...

Many moons ago, SU had a campaign to send those of us in the south a catalog which included Spanish language stamp sets that we could sell to our Spanish speaking clients.  Over the weekend I picked up a customer in San Antonio who has a lot of family in Puerto Rico.  If she makes cards for them she wants to make them with Spanish words and not English.

Do we still sell stamp sets in Spanish?  Since I can't find them on line or in the catalog is this going to be one of those special cases where I have to find a demonstrator in another location to share her with?  I know we sell German language stamps since I see them on Instagram all the time, but we can't purchase those here in the US.  

Any help or ideas?  Demonstrator Support has not answered the question I sent them on Saturday when I met her for the first time.  The great news is that she is also thinking about signing up, but she needs to know that there are Spanish language stamps before she decides if she is going to be a demo, since many of her clients would eventually be in Puerto Rico.

Jennie Dietrich
Mom

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jennie Dietrich, please change the email address to: pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:
http://forum.sudsol.org/Spanish-Language-tp46536.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h77@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As,
click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Spanish Language

Sue Erickson
In reply to this post by Jennie Dietrich

No we don’t sell Spanish language stamps any more. I guess the market for them didn’t expand like SU hoped. I did buy some because I live in an area with a good-sized Latino population. But I didn’t really try very hard to market to them. I’m happy to sell them to you. This is what I have:

Deseos pequeñitos - the Spanish version of Teeny Tiny Wishes for $20
Te amo de aquí a La Luna - the Spanish of I love you to the moon for $15
Banderines perfectos - the Spanish of Perfect Pennants for $15
Gran día - Great Day a SAB birthday set for $10

These are all clear mount stamps that have Arely been used. Payment is by PayPal. My account is sue@soggystamper.com. If you want all four of the sets, I can get them into a priority flat rate envelope for $6.70. Let me know if you want any or all the sets. 

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 11, 2019, at 1:37 PM, SUDSOL [Jennie Dietrich] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46536h94@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net?subject=Spanish Language

Question...

Jennie Dietrich
Mom

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Spanish-Language-tp46536.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h52@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Lois Folla

Please email me at loisfolla@gmail.com  I have two brand new mounted Spanish stamp sets… I will look too see which ones.. They are both word stamp sets…

Thank you

Lois

Lois Folla, Stampin' Up! Senior Manager

Paper Craft Classes/Clubs/Parties & More Available 

Office: 732.785.1558  Cell Phone: 732-598-5026

Address: 755 Hardean Rd, Brick, NJ 08724

Calendar of Events:  www.LoisFolla.Stampinup.net 

Shop Online Anytime  

Stay Connected:

My Blogwww.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

Happy 30th Anniversary Stampin' UP!

Love It. Live It. Share It 

From: ml+s1100894n46541h87@.nabble <ml+s1100894n46541h87@.nabble>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 6:09 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <lois@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Spanish Language

akviewpt@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Spanish%20Language

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: akviewpt@yahoo.com

No we don’t sell Spanish language stamps any more. I guess the market for them didn’t expand like SU hoped. I did buy some because I live in an area with a good-sized Latino population. But I didn’t really try very hard to market to them. I’m happy to sell them to you. This is what I have:

Deseos pequeñitos - the Spanish version of Teeny Tiny Wishes for $20

Te amo de aquí a La Luna - the Spanish of I love you to the moon for $15

Banderines perfectos - the Spanish of Perfect Pennants for $15

Gran día - Great Day a SAB birthday set for $10

These are all clear mount stamps that have Arely been used. Payment is by PayPal. My account is sue@soggystamper.com. If you want all four of the sets, I can get them into a priority flat rate envelope for $6.70. Let me know if you want any or all the sets. 

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 11, 2019, at 1:37 PM, SUDSOL [Jennie Dietrich] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46536h94@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net?subject=Spanish Language

Question...

Jennie Dietrich
Mom

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h52@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Erickson, please change the email address to: akviewpt@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Spanish-Language-tp46536p46541.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h90@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Lois Folla
In reply to this post by Cathy Hansen

Not only did SU! Drop the Spanish catalog for lack of sales… and they did have DS phone lines and managers etc for the Spanish catalog but they also stopped offering Jewish stamp sets… Sadly, they too did not sell well.

Both groups asked SU! to offer stamp sets and SU! did but after awhile a company is in the business to making money and if things aren’t moving off their shelves they stop selling them. Like our Stampin’ Write Markers and 12x 12 card stock…. Which they now do not sell individually any longer.

From: ml+s1100894n46540h56@.nabble <ml+s1100894n46540h56@.nabble>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 5:42 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <lois@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Spanish Language

cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Spanish%20Language

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@hotmail.com

This has been a source of frustration to me for many years.  I am in Denver, CO, and although I do not speak Spanish, I have several friends . . . and they have friends . . . who do.  It was of major concern to me when Stampin’ Up! elected to drop Spanish stamps from their product line.  I contacted Demo Support at the time to express my frustration and was told that it was too costly to offer stamps in three different languages in North America, and as a result, the decision had been made to drop Spanish in favor of French (to accommodate French Canadian stampers). 

One of my downline was frustrated over the fact that at one time she had been able to purchase stamps in German for her German-speaking friends; that option disappeared long ago as well.  And because of international trade laws (or perhaps the Stampin’ Up! international contract – not exactly sure), we as residents of the United States cannot purchase stamps from Germany.  So unless you know someone in Germany who can purchase and ship stamps to you, these stamps are also no longer available to us.

Sorry for venting, but this message stirred up the topic – and my feelings about it – one more time.

Cathy Hansen

Stampin’ Up! Independent Demonstrator

720-255-7730

cihansen04@hotmail.com

http://cathyhansen.stampinup.net (shop my online store 24/7)

http://cathyscraftroom.blogspot.com (ideas, instructions & more)

From: ml+s1100894n46536h19@.nabble <ml+s1100894n46536h19@.nabble>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 2:38 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <cihansen04@>
Subject: SU!: Spanish Language

pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net?subject=Spanish%20Language

Question...

Jennie Dietrich
Mom

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:
http://forum.sudsol.org/Spanish-Language-tp46536.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h77@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As,
click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Spanish-Language-tp46536p46540.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h90@n7.nabble.com