Snail Adhesive Refills

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Snail Adhesive Refills

Jeanne Walsh
Hello everyone.

As recently as yesterday, I had two snail adhesives (refills) right out of the packaging not work. They were both purchased by class participants. This has happened in the past and I've absorbed the cost, providing them with a new one. However, this now appears to be an ongoing issue where the adhesive has no glue (?) on parts of the strip.  I have sent an email off to Stampin' Up! demo support and I anxiously await their response. I'm wondering if others have experienced a similar issue?

Thanks.
Jeanne Walsh
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Snail Adhesive Refills

Kathy Slamar

I have had the same problem.  It is not consistent, but has happened on several of my refills in the last 6 months.
I called SU and they replaced some.  I stopped calling, because I did find that if i just moved the tape forward a little it started again.  However, I would not find
that acceptable for my customers.

Most of my customers do not order SU adhesive.  They seem to go with a cheaper brand.

Kathy Slamar


On Mar 15, 2019, at 12:35 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Walsh] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n47061h50@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

createwithjeanne@gmail.com?subject=Snail%20Adhesive%20Refills
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: createwithjeanne@gmail.com

Hello everyone.

As recently as yesterday, I had two snail adhesives (refills) right out of the packaging not work. They were both purchased by class participants. This has happened in the past and I've absorbed the cost, providing them with a new one. However, this now appears to be an ongoing issue where the adhesive has no glue (?) on parts of the strip.  I have sent an email off to Stampin' Up! demo support and I anxiously await their response. I'm wondering if others have experienced a similar issue?

Thanks.
Jeanne Walsh

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Walsh, please change the email address to: createwithjeanne@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Snail-Adhesive-Refills-tp47061.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h33@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Snail Adhesive Refills

Chris Talbot

I ordered 10 refills.   I opened 8 in class for customers and all of them had the same problem.   I rolled them forward and they worked for a little while and quit again.   I called DS and they replaced all 10, but it was bad that all my customers saw this.  DS did not want me to return them, but I insisted on it, so they could look at them and see the problem.   It is liked they wind back on themselves.

Thanks,
Chris Talbot

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 11:51 AM SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n47062h21@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
kathy@slamar.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Snail+Adhesive+Refills
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@slamar.com


I have had the same problem.  It is not consistent, but has happened on several of my refills in the last 6 months.
I called SU and they replaced some.  I stopped calling, because I did find that if i just moved the tape forward a little it started again.  However, I would not find
that acceptable for my customers.

Most of my customers do not order SU adhesive.  They seem to go with a cheaper brand.

Kathy Slamar


On Mar 15, 2019, at 12:35 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Walsh] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n47061h50@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

createwithjeanne@...?subject=Snail%20Adhesive%20Refills
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: createwithjeanne@gmail.com

Hello everyone.

As recently as yesterday, I had two snail adhesives (refills) right out of the packaging not work. They were both purchased by class participants. This has happened in the past and I've absorbed the cost, providing them with a new one. However, this now appears to be an ongoing issue where the adhesive has no glue (?) on parts of the strip.  I have sent an email off to Stampin' Up! demo support and I anxiously await their response. I'm wondering if others have experienced a similar issue?

Thanks.
Jeanne Walsh

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Walsh, please change the email address to: createwithjeanne@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Snail-Adhesive-Refills-tp47061.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml%2Bs1100894n1954h33@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.



If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Snail-Adhesive-Refills-tp47061p47062.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h73@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Snail Adhesive Refills

Jan Farring
In reply to this post by Jeanne Walsh

Has happened to be over and over again.  I keep losing track of the ones that are bad.

Need to send more back as it's very frustrating when they don't work!!

Jan

On 3/15/2019 10:35 AM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Walsh] via Product Q&As wrote:
createwithjeanne@gmail.com?subject=Snail Adhesive Refills
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: createwithjeanne@gmail.com

Hello everyone.

As recently as yesterday, I had two snail adhesives (refills) right out of the packaging not work. They were both purchased by class participants. This has happened in the past and I've absorbed the cost, providing them with a new one. However, this now appears to be an ongoing issue where the adhesive has no glue (?) on parts of the strip.  I have sent an email off to Stampin' Up! demo support and I anxiously await their response. I'm wondering if others have experienced a similar issue?

Thanks.
Jeanne Walsh

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Walsh, please change the email address to: createwithjeanne@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Snail-Adhesive-Refills-tp47061.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h35@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

-- 
Jan Farring
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
My Blog:  www.jansstampingcreations.com
Demo Website:  http://janfarring.stampinup.net 
541-390-3390
Jan Farring Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator My Blog: www.jansstampingcreations.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Snail Adhesive Refills

Nola Burkhard

I am happy to say that I don’t remember this happening to me more than once. I only use the SU! snail at workshops/open houses and kickoff’s as (gasp!) I have found I like another brand better.
Nola

On Mar 15, 2019, at 2:26 PM, SUDSOL [Jan Farring] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n47069h15@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

janinpb@cbbmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Snail%20Adhesive%20Refills
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: janinpb@cbbmail.com


Has happened to be over and over again. I keep losing track of the ones that are bad.

Need to send more back as it's very frustrating when they don't work!!

Jan

On 3/15/2019 10:35 AM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Walsh] via Product Q&As wrote:
createwithjeanne@gmail.com?subject=Snail Adhesive Refills
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: createwithjeanne@gmail.com

Hello everyone.

As recently as yesterday, I had two snail adhesives (refills) right out of the packaging not work. They were both purchased by class participants. This has happened in the past and I've absorbed the cost, providing them with a new one. However, this now appears to be an ongoing issue where the adhesive has no glue (?) on parts of the strip. I have sent an email off to Stampin' Up! demo support and I anxiously await their response. I'm wondering if others have experienced a similar issue?

Thanks.
Jeanne Walsh

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Walsh, please change the email address to: createwithjeanne@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Snail-Adhesive-Refills-tp47061.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h35@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

-- 
Jan Farring
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
My Blog:  www.jansstampingcreations.com
Demo Website:  http://janfarring.stampinup.net 
541-390-3390
Jan Farring Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator My Blog: www.jansstampingcreations.com


If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jan Farring, please change the email address to: janinpb@cbbmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Snail-Adhesive-Refills-tp47061p47069.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h50@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Nola J. Burkhard
Prescott, AZ
978-846-2046
nolaburkhard@icloud.com
SU! Demo since 2005
Etsy shop: Inkonmypaws


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Snail Adhesive Refills

Antinonem
In reply to this post by Kathy Slamar

My customers don't buy snail either, because of the missing glue and it doesn't hold things as well 
as Elmers or Proglide.
Micki Antinone

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n47062h24@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <mickiant@>
Sent: Fri, Mar 15, 2019 10:51 am
Subject: Re: SU!: Snail Adhesive Refills

kathy@slamar.com?subject=Re: SU!: Snail Adhesive Refills
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@


I have had the same problem.  It is not consistent, but has happened on several of my refills in the last 6 months.
I called SU and they replaced some.  I stopped calling, because I did find that if i just moved the tape forward a little it started again.  However, I would not find
that acceptable for my customers.

Most of my customers do not order SU adhesive.  They seem to go with a cheaper brand.

Kathy Slamar


On Mar 15, 2019, at 12:35 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Walsh] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n47061h50@.nabble > wrote:

createwithjeanne@?subject=Snail%20Adhesive%20Refills
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: createwithjeanne@

Hello everyone.

As recently as yesterday, I had two snail adhesives (refills) right out of the packaging not work. They were both purchased by class participants. This has happened in the past and I've absorbed the cost, providing them with a new one. However, this now appears to be an ongoing issue where the adhesive has no glue (?) on parts of the strip.  I have sent an email off to Stampin' Up! demo support and I anxiously await their response. I'm wondering if others have experienced a similar issue?

Thanks.
Jeanne Walsh

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Walsh, please change the email address to: createwithjeanne@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Snail-Adhesive-Refills-tp47061.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h33@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.



If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Snail-Adhesive-Refills-tp47061p47062.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h76@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.