Sizzlits Large Paper Doil

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sizzlits Large Paper Doil

Lisa Stokes
I need some help.  When I became a demonstrator last year I ordered the Large Paper Doily Sizzlit (actually I ordered 2 by accident).  I am so frustrated with it.  I cannot seem to get it to cut with Whisper White.  It seems to be ok with thin DSP or printer paper but that's it.  I have tried all sorts of different ways of layering the paper, wax paper, dryer sheets, shims, cutting plates (even from other cutting machines) and nothing is working.

What am I doing wrong?  I have an email into DS as well but haven't heard back yet.  They may be overloaded with the Blendabilities issues which I will also be calling them about.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Lisa Stokes
Stampin in Rosenberg, TX
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Sizzlits Large Paper Doil

Joan Norman

Personally, it was a horrible product that never worked for me.

Joan Norman
Stampnjoan@gmail.com

On Feb 24, 2015, at 9:49 PM, SUDSOL [Lisa Stokes] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n17942h22@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

lisa.stokes@outlook.com?subject=Sizzlits Large Paper Doil
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lisa.stokes@outlook.com

I need some help.  When I became a demonstrator last year I ordered the Large Paper Doily Sizzlit (actually I ordered 2 by accident).  I am so frustrated with it.  I cannot seem to get it to cut with Whisper White.  It seems to be ok with thin DSP or printer paper but that's it.  I have tried all sorts of different ways of layering the paper, wax paper, dryer sheets, shims, cutting plates (even from other cutting machines) and nothing is working.

What am I doing wrong?  I have an email into DS as well but haven't heard back yet.  They may be overloaded with the Blendabilities issues which I will also be calling them about.

Thanks.

Lisa Stokes
Stampin in Rosenberg, TX

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lisa Stokes, please change the email address to: lisa.stokes@outlook.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sizzlits-Large-Paper-Doil-tp17942.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h94@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Sizzlits Large Paper Doil

Coleen Astalos
In reply to this post by Lisa Stokes

Lisa,

It sounds like if it's not cutting then you need to add a shim under the BACK of the die to give more pressure when it goes through.  If it's still not cutting, add another shim until you get it thick enough to cut.   You can use cardstock as a shim.

You should be using:  the Multi-purpose platform on tab 1, Cutting Pad, <add shims here>, Sizzlit, Cardstock, Cutting Pad

Coleen

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO, coleen@sudsol.com
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

From: ml-node+s1100894n17942h47@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n17942h47@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:49 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Sizzlits Large Paper Doil

lisa.stokes@outlook.com?subject=Sizzlits%20Large%20Paper%20Doil

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lisa.stokes@outlook.com

Thanks.

Lisa Stokes
Stampin in Rosenberg, TX

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lisa Stokes, please change the email address to: lisa.stokes@outlook.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sizzlits-Large-Paper-Doil-tp17942.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h19@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Sizzlits Large Paper Doil

Nona Hoecker

Try a sheet of waxed paper between the die and your card stock.

On Feb 24, 2015, at 10:33 PM, SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n17948h50@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

coleen@sudsol.com?subject=RE:%20Sizzlits%20Large%20Paper%20Doil
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: coleen@sudsol.com

Lisa, 

It sounds like if it's not cutting then you need to add a shim under the BACK of the die to give more pressure when it goes through.  If it's still not cutting, add another shim until you get it thick enough to cut.   You can use cardstock as a shim.

You should be using:  the Multi-purpose platform on tab 1, Cutting Pad, <add shims here>, Sizzlit, Cardstock, Cutting Pad

Coleen

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO, coleen@sudsol.com
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

From: ml-node+s1100894n17942h47@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n17942h47@.nabble] 
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:49 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Sizzlits Large Paper Doil

lisa.stokes@outlook.com?subject=Sizzlits%20Large%20Paper%20Doil

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lisa.stokes@outlook.com

Thanks. 

Lisa Stokes 
Stampin in Rosenberg, TX 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lisa Stokes, please change the email address to: lisa.stokes@outlook.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sizzlits-Large-Paper-Doil-tp17942.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h19@n5.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Coleen Astalos 
SLB Member 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Coleen Astalos, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sizzlits-Large-Paper-Doil-tp17942p17948.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h36@n5.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.