Shopping cart ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Shopping cart ?

Sue Erickson

I have been experimenting with the shopping cart function on our Stampin’ Up website. When you link a photo you upload into your files to a shopping cart, you then have the choice of sharing directly to pinterest, create a link to add to a blog post, and several other social media options. When you share the card to Pinterest and someone clicks on your card, the shopping cart is opened for them to see. If you create the link and add it to a picture you post on your blog and a person clicks on the photo, the shopping cart comes up.

However, if you then share that card on Pinterest from your blog post, the card is linked back to your blog. On Pinterest you could change that link to the link to the shopping cart. My question is: which is better - to send them to your blog or to the shopping cart? I can see advantages to both but I don’t think you can have both links with the card on Pinterest.

Sue Erickson
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Shopping cart ?

grantj

That's a hard one, Sue. 

A link to the blog might get you a continuing customer who might forget that she wanted to buy the stuff from the link to the store.

A link to the store might get you an immediate sale, but after that purchase, would she go back to the blog (and hopefully become a continuing customer).

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

On 08/26/2020 1:24 PM SUDSOL [Sue Erickson] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n55196h75@.nabble> wrote:

sue@soggystamper.com?subject=Shopping cart ?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sue@

I have been experimenting with the shopping cart function on our Stampin’ Up website. When you link a photo you upload into your files to a shopping cart, you then have the choice of sharing directly to pinterest, create a link to add to a blog post, and several other social media options. When you share the card to Pinterest and someone clicks on your card, the shopping cart is opened for them to see. If you create the link and add it to a picture you post on your blog and a person clicks on the photo, the shopping cart comes up.

However, if you then share that card on Pinterest from your blog post, the card is linked back to your blog. On Pinterest you could change that link to the link to the shopping cart. My question is: which is better - to send them to your blog or to the shopping cart? I can see advantages to both but I don’t think you can have both links with the card on Pinterest.

Sue Erickson

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Erickson, please change the email address to: sue@soggystamper.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Shopping-cart-tp55196.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.